Spartans are warriors, and value the beauty of Strength above all other virtues. In Sparta, when a child comes of age he is sent to the Agoge, a brutal school where they are taught to dominate, to kill, and to survive. Click the image below for a video introducing the Agoge.
This arena takes place in a special year. The king has declared a tournament in honor of the graduation class of the Agoge. Those who are young and wild will fight to determine the strongest among them. But also, those who are Grizzled Veterans, Seasoned Champions, Gladiators, or Ambitious Townsfolk may fight to test their might against each other to become the next warrior of whom legends are written and songs are sung.
- Graduates- Play a youth who has just graduated. You get to fight with basic equipment given to them by the school or family or bare hand, you get light armor or no armor, and whatever story you imagine for your person.
- Grizzled Veterans- Older Spartans who have seen war. They bring their own equipment and experience. These have richer stories and a wealth of experience to draw upon.
- Seasoned Champions- of the likes of Leonides, Achilles, and other Hellenic styled champions of your choosing. You guys get to have some fun with these, however they cannot compete in a tournament, only in exhibition fights.
- Gladiator - Warriors of great strength and power. They are from all over the world and fight to earn their freedom.
- Ambitious Townsfolks- maybe the painter or the bricklayer wants to be a warrior, maybe he's been secretly training and wants to try his mettle against trained soldiers. Maybe he's not Spartan at all, or not a male, write your story, fight your fight, survive and become renown.
- Gods- You can choose to honor a God at the introduction of your fight, when you introduce your character for the tournament. God's generally do not bless informal fights but will if the fight is epic enough to earn their attention.
There will be tournament bracket for those who want to participate, expect it to be double elimination.
The reward for winning the tournament is elevating your created hero to that of a seasoned champion and therefore adding 10 points to all stats!!
Fights are going to be split up into how many posts you get to make before the fight is over.
- Spar: 6 posts total, 3 posts each
- Fight: 12 posts total, 6 posts each
- Tournament: 20 posts total, 10 posts each
- To The Death: Until one of your characters die.
Winners are decided by the GM until a panel of an uneven number of judges is able to vote on the winner.
Spars and fights can happen in any situation the players want to create. The Tournament fight length is specific to the tournament rankings at the heart of this Arena story.
To The Death is a fight of unusual circumstance and so it is recognized here for when it is needed.
Let me know what you guys think, if we can make it happen it might be fun. No one has gotten any arena fighting going in months so it'll fun to make this cool again.