Standing at a rather impressive 6' 6", Fen is broadly built and very well muscled from a life of physical labor. He has short brown hair and hazel eyes. His horns were broken at some point in the past, leaving Fen with a pair short pair nubs coming out of the side of his head; the broken ends of which he keeps covered with a decorative pair of bronze caps. In addition, he has lost both of his legs below the knees, which have cybernetic replacements in the form of skeletal bull legs. Fen typically wears loose fitting knee length pants, a heavy-duty work belt, the bracers & chest rig for his weapon and a hooded desert poncho.Nationality:
Fen caries a round shield with an expanding bladed edge. (Compacted, the shield is 18" across. Expanded, the shield is 3' across.)
The shield is mounted to a small backpack via a mechanical arm for storage and can extend out lock into either of Fen's bracers. His bracers also have slots for dust cartridges allowing Fen to combo dust with his semblance and shield. Finally, for when he needs to take a more offensive stance, Fen carries an arming sword that can expand into a zweihander.Semblance:
Construct. Fen can create a physical construct from his aura in the form of a simple geometric shape (dome, oval, cube, etc) and move it with his mind. Typically used to protect himself & others or to create midair platforms. Can also be used in combination with dust to create physical objects or short ranged projectiles. Semblance Details: (GM Only. Tell me exactly how your Semblance works.)
Semblance Development: (GM Only. Things you'll want to be able to do in the future. They'll be up for consideration.)Aura Color:
Quiet and dependable is how most people would describe Fen. However, those who can get past his stoic exterior know that he's a bit of laid back goofball, albeit one who can't laze around in good conscience when he knows there are people he could be helping. Fen is also highly protective of those who he considers to be his "inner circle" of friends or really anyone who he sees as 'weak' or 'vulnerable'. All that said, he's certainly not without a temper. Push the proverbial bull far enough and you will get the horns.Background:
Six months ago, dressed in ragged clothes and armed with battered sword and shield, Fen dragged himself into the western edge of Shade's outskirts. After recovering, Fen quickly set about earning his keep, aiming to earn a spot within the Academy. When asked about his past, Fen is quick to deflect the question, saying that he left a hard life for a crazy one. That said, given that he arrived at Shade from the west and his acerbic distaste for the heat, most people assume that he came from Northern Anima or Solitas. Buried Backstory Goodies: (GM Only. Things that happened that aren't public knowledge, willingly shared, or known to your character specifically.)Likes:
Any cold food and drink, though he does quite like icecream in particular.Dislikes:
The heat and bullies of any kind.Favors:
- Talented melee fighter; Fen is quite adept at beating opponents through battles of attrition, using an impressive reserve of Aura, his shield & semblance to weather through his enemies attacks and still be standing strong after they've worn themselves out. Fen is also capable of taking a highly aggressive stance, though he prefers to fill the role of front line defender and support.
- Level headed; Given his durability as a fighter, Fen is almost always calm, cool and collected even in the craziest of situations. His generally unflappable nature also makes him a half-decent amateur strategist.
- Self-taught 'mechanic'; Fen knows his way around most things mechanical, having had to be mostly self reliant for maintaining his legs and equipment.Disfavors:
- Ranged combat; Fen's only ranged capabilities come from him hurling small semblance constructs infused with dust at his enemies. They have a limited range of about 200 feet, and due to their slow travel speed (about 65 fps) more mobile enemies have an easy time dodging them.
- Stubborn; Once Fen's set his mind on something, it's nigh impossible to get him to change it.
- Overly independent; Too used to pushing through problems on his own, Fen struggles with asking others for help.Relationships: Fears: (GM Only. What stops them in their tracks? Makes their skin crawl?)