》 𝖡𝖠𝖲𝖨𝖢𝖲: Micah Gillespie || 22 || Male"Don't be such a stick in the mud. Life's for living."
» 𝖨𝖭𝖳𝖤𝖫𝖫𝖨𝖦𝖤𝖭𝖢𝖤 » 𝖢𝖱𝖤𝖠𝖳𝖨𝖵𝖨𝖳𝖸 » 𝖢𝖮𝖭𝖥𝖨𝖣𝖤𝖭𝖢𝖤 » 𝖧𝖴𝖬𝖮𝖱 » 𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖱𝖨𝖲𝖬𝖠 » 𝖤𝖬𝖯𝖠𝖳𝖧𝖸 ★★★☆☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★★☆ ★★★☆☆》 𝖠𝖯𝖯𝖤𝖠𝖱𝖠𝖭𝖢𝖤: 164 cm || 52 kg || violet eyes || chestnut brown hairMicah enjoys wearing frilly, lacy clothing that is entirely inappropriate for day-to-day activities, which is why his job at the maid cafe appeals to him so much. He grew out his hair from his teenage years and learned the art of eye-catching makeup in order to look as conventionally pretty as he wants. His wardrobe is filled with ruffles and lace and plenty of shiny baubles, but he prefers the pink ribbon hairpin that would incorporate itself into his Crowned form as well. At the maid cafe, he wears the standard black and white, off-shoulder female uniform lined with lace-rimmed detached sleeves and ruched shorts.》 𝖯𝖤𝖱𝖲𝖮𝖭𝖠𝖫𝖨𝖳𝖸Micah is a friendly and outgoing sort who's more than happy to tag along to any parties, but would never host one himself. He's an even mix of hard-working employee during the day and lazy slob by night, concerned with his physical appearance only where others can see him. When he dresses up, though, he puts his all into it, even if some people may not appreciate that he's a man with impeccable makeup work.
He likes to think he's fairly boring otherwise, with a typical taste in gaudy TV dramas and the occasional TV dinner when he's splurged his paycheck on some new outfit and makeup palette. As if making up for his otherwise bland personality, Micah invests greatly in a classy, but overbearing wardrobe to compensate for his lack of exotic experiences and cultivated opinions. He's happy with where he is, but he knows the social scene enough to understand that sometimes, you need to pretend like you're more than you are.
» 𝖫𝖨𝖪𝖤𝖲 » 𝖣𝖨𝖲𝖫𝖨𝖪𝖤𝖲
- LACES AND FRILLS
- CHAI LATTES
- DRAMA SHOWS
- DIRTY TABLES
- TORN CLOTHES
- GREASY FOOD
- GAINING WEIGHT》 𝖧𝖨𝖲𝖳𝖮𝖱𝖸Micah was always interested in traditionally 'feminine' aesthetics, with his love of lace and frills emerging from a young age. He found no problem dressing up in his mother's cocktail gowns when he was younger and often stole some of his older sister's clothes to wear growing up. High school in the wealthy Eastern suburbs challenged his perception of what was normal where his family had never minded his preferences, but he emerged from the trials and tribulations of that period mostly unscathed. If there was anything to be said for his mental fortitude, it was that the world hardly fazed him.
Sometime around his first encounter with the close-minded and hateful, Micah had learned to distance himself from much of it. He did his thing, they did theirs, and as long as they weren't interfering with him, he let things slide off his back like water. He majored in design in college, working hard with dreams of entering the fashion industry, though he was grounded enough to realize it was a one in a million shot. At best, he might be able to intern somewhere for an eternity before they let him do official paper-pushing.
His Crown appeared several weeks after college graduation, smashing through the complacency of his mostly mediocre life and forcing him to confront, headfirst, what living was worth to him. He decided it was worth enough to fight for, even if the Elegies made him shake with terror every time. But even that fear eventually slipped away like the waters before it, though whether that was his own resilience or the Crown's would be an eternal mystery.
The owner of the Sultry Sips was the first to find him after his initiation fight with an Elegy and in the Crown-supplied calm that followed, he listened patiently to her explanation of how things worked and where he could go for further help. It relieved him to be part of a community when he had been struggling so long to really fit in, but at the same time he wasn't sure if the Crowns were anything more than a ragtag bunch desperately trying to save the world. If there were other Crowns out there with more organization, the woman didn't know to tell him. She did, however, introduce him to the Cake Cafe, where one of her old friends put in a word with the manager and his job application was accepted with the briefest of interviews. It's been his home away from home that moment on.
Since then Micah's been juggling his part-time (though from the hours it's basically full-time) work at Cake Cafe, submitting job applications to studios and firms, and killing Elegies as they come along. He's worried he may not be able to fight much on his own, aware enough to discern that the enemies he had been killing so far had been small fry at best. It felt like a big one was long in coming, though he hoped it would take its time appearing.
Micah was lucky enough that one of Cake Cafe's executives was a Crown, from the energy he felt around her, but if she noticed his presence she didn't comment and neither did he. It helped to know they had something this special in common, but it didn't really make for easy small talk. The other Crowns had been hard to reach given their random schedules and lack of real personal connection to one another and he had only run into Dave early on by sheer luck in the Grayspace. The man's appearance shocked him in the difference between the Crowned Dave and the normal Dave, but that feeling soon ebbed into respect. Micah kept in contact with Dave from then on, somewhat reassured that there was at least one person always ready to fight Elegies, though he felt sorry for the state of Dave's normal life. It was a choice, he supposed, to give up one kind of life to live another, but it wasn't one he was ready to make. With the clarity of his Crown's nature, he was almost certain he would never be able to choose the way Dave did.
❖ 𝖬𝖠𝖦𝖨𝖢CROWN OF RESILIENCE
» 𝖲𝖳𝖱𝖤𝖭𝖦𝖳𝖧 » 𝖲𝖴𝖯𝖯𝖮𝖱𝖳 » 𝖣𝖤𝖷𝖳𝖤𝖱𝖨𝖳𝖸 » 𝖣𝖤𝖥𝖤𝖭𝖲𝖤 » 𝖬𝖠𝖦𝖨𝖢𝖠𝖫 𝖤𝖭𝖤𝖱𝖦𝖸 ★☆☆☆☆ ★★★★★ ★☆☆☆☆ ★★★☆☆ ★★★★☆The Crown of Resilience passively heals Micah as long as he's conscious and continuously heals those immediately around him at a slower rate. Its most prominent effect, however, is the subtler, but equally important capacity to withstand mental stress and excess stimuli, allowing Micah to remain unwaveringly steady despite fatigue and fear.
- DRESS REHEARSAL: Short-range AoE. Low energy. Micah shoots his ribbons outwards at enemies, dealing minor, but persistent duration damage for several minutes to everything within his immediate vicinity. Weaker enemies can be bound by the ribbons, but only for a short period of time.
- EXFOLIATE: Single-target + AoE heal. Moderate energy. Micah targets one person within range to bandage with his golden ribbons, healing them of all minor recent wounds and spreading the effect to those immediately around them. A short, five second damage reduction buff is applied to all affected allies after every cast. Moderate and heavy wounds require multiple applications of Exfoliate.
- MOISTURIZE: Single-target buff. Moderate energy. Micah casts a minute-long buff on a target or himself that increases their energy regeneration rate and allows spells to be cast/channeled/effected at double the normal frequency.
- DEBUTANTE: Single-target + channeled buff/heal. Rapid energy drain. Micah targets one person to attach a ribbon to, constantly healing them at a rapid rate and decreasing the damage/effects inflicted on them by a large amount. He is defenseless in this state, however, and cannot cast any other spells until he ends Debutante.
- PRIMADONNA: Single-target buff. High energy. Micah chooses one person (or himself) to make invulnerable and immovable for ten seconds. In this state, they cannot be physically or mentally injured, knocked back, thrown about, or otherwise moved by any means. They can move of their own volition, though.❖ 𝖳𝖱𝖠𝖭𝖲𝖥𝖮𝖱𝖬𝖤𝖣 𝖠𝖯𝖯𝖤𝖠𝖱𝖠𝖭𝖢𝖤Micah's Crown appears as gaily decorated horns on his new head of leaf-green hair, the Crown incorporating his favorite ribbon hairpin into its costume and magically fixing the ribbons around his horns. His outfit transforms into a leotard with a front-split skirt decorated with gold ribbons and lace complete with matching heels. The form-fitting top is attached to a rose-colored brooch and collar while sporting detached, slit sleeves swirling with gold ribbons. His weapon is unconventional, the Crown making use of the ribbons on his outfit as extensions to attack, defend, and heal.❖ 𝖬𝖴𝖲𝖨𝖢