"It's not my place to judge a man's soul, I simply make the appointment."Name:
Augustus D. FletcherFletch, Quick-Trigger, North Blue's Menace.Age:
HumanHeight & Weight:
5'9" & 173 lbsPersonality:
- Self-Assured: Fletcher tends to face most problems with a confident outlook. Nothing is too difficult or challenging for him in his eyes and he readily believes that he can overcome most obstacles one way or another.
- Impulsive: Somewhat ignorant in most diplomatic situations. He doesn’t register danger as most others do and doesn’t always listen when it comes to taking the safe/quiet route. He enjoys a good scrap and is more then ready to pull the trigger whenever he's called upon. On some occasions he's even made the mistake of being too eager.
- Lazy: If there’s a quick way of doing something, a shortcut to follow or generally just palming something off for someone else to deal with, Fletcher will undoubtedly do it. He dislikes responsibility and will do his utmost to worm his way out of owning it, usually through more adventurous means.
- Frank: Fletcher is very forthcoming. He doesn't beat around the bush and often likes to tell it straight. Sometimes he can be too honest, going so far as to insult people with the bluntness of his approach at times. But this doesn't seem to faze him much at all, since he prefers to lay most of his cards out on the table so as not to be seen to ever be holding back.
Before joining the crew as a Pirate, Fletcher had made a name for himself as a highly-skilled Gunman and Bounty Hunter. And whilst his bounty-hunting activities generally kept him in the good graces of the World Government, there were several times where his rash-headedness landed him in altercations involving the Marines, leading to a short spell at Impel Down. Upon his release, the World Government decided they wanted to keep Fletcher on a short leash, given his tendency to lose control during delicate situations but it wouldn't be long until Fletcher would grow tired of being babysat by the Marines.
In his most reckless decision to date, Fletcher decided to go rogue during a Marine bust on a renown Devil Fruit smuggling operation, where he acquired the Bomu Bomu no Mi
. His betrayal of the Marines led to an immediate bounty being placed on his head, but was only raised to its' current amount after he shot and killed a Navy Commander in a one-on-one duel during his escape.Position:
Fletcher's goal is to become the World's Greatest Sniper. Abilities:
Having grown up around most types of blade and pistol, Fletch has made himself proficient in maintaining, repairing & upgrading various types of weaponry. His skill is no more evident than by simply examining his figurative crown-jewels: Sasha and Teagan; a pair of flintlock .44 caliber 6-shot Gunblade Revolvers. In the past, whenever bounty-hunting jobs had slowed up, Fletcher leant on his abilities as a Weaponsmith to generate Berries in order to get by. Nowadays, he lends these talents to his crew, still for a price, but usually at a heavily discounted rate.Sharpshooter:
Despite being known for having a rather itchy trigger finger, there aren't that many occasions where Fletcher has genuinely missed. His crackshot aim is almost always overshadowed by the fact that he likes to shoot first and ask questions later, but there aren't that many who have remained to spread word of his aim and those who have, have made it their business never to cross paths with Fletcher again.Proficient Swordsman:
There have been only a few occasions where Fletcher actually decided not to shoot first, where instead he has been forced to utilize the razor-sharp edges of his Gunblades to dispatch of those unlucky enough to be on the wrong end. His attacks are a whirlwind of spins and strikes, slashing at his opponents from all directions. Although he has never really tested his mettle when it comes to swordplay, he has always managed to get by when it counts.
Bomu Bomu no Mi
The Bomu Bomu no Mi is a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to make any part of his or her body explode, whether it be hair, saliva, or breath, making the user a Bomb Human. Strengths:
The fruit's main strength is that the user can turn their body parts into a bomb with no harm done to the user. The explosive quality extends to emissions such as saliva and breath. The fruit also grants immunity against all other explosions, as well as the ability to evaluate their quality.Weaknesses:
The fruit's ability only activates whenever the user initiates contact. Other than that, this fruit has no apparent weaknesses aside from the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.Usage:
- Breeze Bullets - Fletch blows into the chambers of his Gunblade Revolvers, then fires his breath as invisible exploding bullets.
- Big Blast Fist - Fletch punches his opponent, detonating his fist on impact.
- His prized pair of Gunblade Revolvers: Sasha & Teagan
- Clothes are as depicted above.
- Replacement Eye-patch.
- Weaponsmith's Tools
- Revolver Ammunition
- A Whetstone
I've intentionally kept Fletch's mastery of his DF relatively low as he's not long gained it. So a lot of his focus will be about that. I'm also considering whether to take him down the demolitionist route, as well as being a Sniper, which would line up with his DF somewhat.
As far as social progression goes, there's definitely a couple of interesting figures amongst his crewmates that he would be more inclined to get along with; Coyote instantly springs to mind given that they were both bounty hunters before joining the crew and also happen to both be D's.Arc Suggestions:
Maybe an Arc regarding Fletcher's parentage/origins. I've intentionally left them vague for now. I also like the idea of a "Brethren Court
" (PotC) Arc, where Pirate Crews from all over the world are forced to meet to combat some sort of existential threat, whether that be the WG/Marines or something else.