Sigemund “Brith Eater” Tekkeson
”Brith Eater”, “Huscarl to Jarl Tekke Ahkiyinni, Seafarer”Aliases:
”Hama”, “Wudga Wave Wraith”Age:
Crysterian Human, Brith Slave-Stock/Atka MuttContinent of Origin:
Warrior | Champion
Sigemund is a strong seafarer strapped with muscle and knowledge. Damage done to him in the battle that dubbed him Brith Eater, as well as his own size, have left him a bit slower than average.Strength:
5 foot 11 inchesWeight:
190-220 pounds, varies depending on diet.Appearance Description:
A traditionalist, he has the top of his hair shaved and the sides braided. He keeps bangs that hang over his forehead. His beard is thick and unkempt. His brown eyes give him a look somewhat akin to a dog when factored into the whole appearance. His body is well muscled, fitting for a warrior of his calibre, and his thighs and calves are particularly glorious. The athleticism of his body is the sole reason he was able to smash open the ribcage of the brith whose heart he ate to gain the name Brith Eater. Old battle scars from brith claws and shallow blade wounds are scattered across his body. Finally, he is a very hairy man. What does not have scar tissue has thick dark hair.Day To Day Attire:
He has no distinction between his battle gear and his casual wear. His life is mobile and such mobility demands this sacrifice. He wears several gold and bone charms over a thick brith skin cloak, which is itself over a patterned fabric. The fur and the fabric cloak are both bound together by a golden clasp. A red and white tunic is the lowest layer in his ensemble. Over his torso he wears a boiled leather piece worn once by his father. His trousers are rather simple, with leather boots cobbled gently together. Leather straps maintain the trousers and ensure a good fit.Strengths:
- Guerilla warfare is one of his personal passions, as it was what allowed him and his mother and himself to escape into the Trident territories. He has extended these skills to the shortsword and unarmed combat.
- Much of his life has been dedicated to mastering seafaring, and he has developed quite a bit of skill with it.
- Survival work and the related preparedness are keys to survival in his line of work, so he has learned the tools necessary to make the most of the Crysterian environment.
- His tribe was isolated and kept no witches or mages, and so he has developed an unfamiliarity with magic and the magical that makes him greatly distrustful of it and its users.
- Sigemund never quite grew into his size, and is rather clumsy. He has a bad habit of slamming doors, as well, due to just generally miscalculating his own abilities.
- While his combat style is effective, it is inflexible and his toolset is limited.
Aggressive * Loyal* Power Hungry* Well-SpokenSexuality:
Sigemund does not easily fall in love, and he rarely develops positive thoughts of others. This makes it easier for him to grow hateful, and he often becomes envious of others. Despite all of this, he is very happy and optimistic. This optimism masks his propensity to feel sad and dejected, and to slip into an intense melancholy. He is slow to anger, and has a calm demeanor overall. He has a few feelings of lust whatsoever. While he is calm overall, he does not handle stress well and can crack under pressure. He has a significant greedy streak, and occasionally overindulges. He likes a good brawl and is rather stubborn as a whole.
He cuts almost any corners possible when working on a project, regardless of the consequences, rather than wasting effort or resources. He prefers that everyone live as harmoniously as possible, and with this is a friendly individual. He is quite polite, but when meeting new people could be considered rude. He tends to ask others for council with difficult decisions, though is generally quite confident in his abilities. He is incredibly brave in the face of looming danger. Despite his appreciation of politeness, he could not care less about his appearance or other personal vanities.
His ambition is relentless, and he feels a strong need to reciprocate any favor done for him. This often tangles him in small webs of alliances with the tribes and individuals around him. He has little interest in joking around, and often hangs onto grievances with others. He is very humble despite this. He often acts with compassion, and is an optimist. He generally acts with a narrow focus on the task at hand, and is rarely moved by his curiosity. He rarely changes his mind about things, and holds onto old ideas tightly. This has lead to him being made deeply uncomfortable around those that appear unusual or live differently from him.
He tends to form only tenuous emotional bonds with others, but is often swayed by emotional appeals. He always finds helping others emotionally rewarding, and has a strong sense of duty. He enjoys the company of others, and has overbearing tendencies.Habits:
- He chews his nails, often to the point of bleeding or wounding himself.
- He hates his boots being dirty, and repeatedly kicks the dirt off of them even when none is there.
- He chews dried meats as a means of distracting himself when he’s sailing.
When he isn’t practicing his sword work, guarding his father or brothers, helping with the clan, or manning the helm of one of their ships, he takes to bone carving. He makes little bone figurines of historical figures and forgotten beasts that are often quite charming.Fears:
- Serpents, snakes, and reptiles as a whole.
- Small spaces; Excludes ship interiors due to exposure.
- Tieflings. His father was blinded by a Tiefling mercenary when Sigemund was young, and the image of the horned man still haunts him.
- Sword-play, and combat sports as a whole.
- The smell of the ocean, and the sound of waves.
- Dwarves, for their strength of character and stoutness.
- Brith pelts, for their warmth.
- Half-breeds, for their mixed blood. He appreciates the advantages of a dirty lineage.
- Oak, for its sturdiness.
- Brith, for their cruelty.
- Mages, for their strange ways.
- Mushrooms, for their lack of flavor.
- Children, for their imaginations.
- Raw meats.
- Being barefoot.
A listing of skills, such as horseback riding, and natural abilities, such as night vision.
Possessions Generally On Person:
- Sailing: He knows the ins and outs of sailing, and is capable at sea. He has grown familiar with working the various places on the ship, and directing ships in travel.
- Ransacking: Scavenging and harvesting the goods of others has become a particularly important skill in his life. He has developed a firm understanding of the best means to efficiently harvest the goods of others.
- Short Swordplay: The use of a shortsword has made him more fatal against brith, as he uses the short range and utility of the weapon to target their important organs.
- Navigation: Travelling light means learning to read the sky to locate his position relative to home. He uses his hand to make mostly accurate locational information, though he sometimes yields only approximate information.
- Tracking: With a focus on brith, Sigemund has tracked many. It is imperative to him that he disappears like a shadow after a raid, and that means ensuring no survivors.
- Community Management: While his father is the head of the clan, he has learned the methods of distributing effort and keeping the people working together. He knows some Brithean, not much, as a result of managing a community on Crysteria.
Clothing, coin purse, money, etc
- Leather Satchel: Contains five ten-gram gold coins with no printed faces or identifiers. Contains thirty ten-gram silver coins, also with no printed faces.
- Feather Charm: Five Egu feathers strung into one of his hair braids. They hang the side of his face.
Personal weapons, no magically enhanced items
- Tyrfing: A sharp, short dagger. It is supposedly cursed, the claim being that a man dies when it is drawn. This is old folklore, and untrue.
Base armor only, no magically enhanced items
- Boiled Leather Armor: A chest piece with steel buckles and straps, constructed of boiled leather. Boiled leather plates hang over the wearer’s thighs, as well.
What do you carry in you pack when traveling
- Flint & Striker: Used to spark flames.
- Wool Blanket: A blanket for when it’s needed. It is bundled tightly in his bag.
- Ax-Head: Without a haft it isn’t much use, but it can be used to actively create the haft necessary to make it useful.
- Hrunting: An heirloom shortsword, with a simple round pommel and a curved guard. Its name is engraved on its blade. Sigemund’s ancestor was the witch that enchanted it. The blade vibrates and screams when it has drawn blood.
Born 38 years ago as a Springtide gift to his mother. The very same gift that would free her from slavery. Her time under the service of a brith slave-keeper had been briefly interrupted nine months prior when she had been briefly bedded by a tribal visiting from the Trident region. The whole affair was conducted secretly, and was of a highly illicit nature.
The man that she bedded was a Human tribe leader, who had claimed the jarldom of his people five years prior. Their brief encounter yielded him a bastard son. When he returned to pay tribute the next year he found the young toddler and the woman. It was at that point that he became the first Wudga Wave Wraith. The small settlement of brith was eradicated in the night. Family members knew of the human tribe that would be paying tribute that week to that settlement, and so the tribe was soon forced to flee by boat, towards the Frostfoot Marches. They resorted to piracy, striking against the brith and leaving bloodshed. Tekke Ahkiyinni, Sigemund’s father, pulled on the stories of his long dead ancestor to become something of a, “Ghost Pirate.” He began to call himself Wudga Wave Wraith, and he used the ancestral blade of Wudga Wave Wraith in combat. The screaming sword left bad wounds and scarred the few survivors mentally and physically.
Sigemund grew under his father’s tutelage, and learned the ways of his clan effectively. When his father was wounded during a raid, Sigemund took up the name of Wudga Wave Wraith and began raiding in his place. He changed the methods, becoming more violent and leaving no brith behind after raids. When oceanic pathways became too dangerous due to patrols or other threats, the tribe would retreat inland, hiding their ships. While inland they adopted the name of, “Hamasfolk,” and would scatter into Skokie, before eventually reconvening and meeting to return to the sea after the brith had calmed.
A brith ship captain ten years ago had found and ambushed the tribe at one of their ship stashes. Sigemund, being the honorable sort he was, challenged him, “In the stead of Wudga Wave Wraith,” who was, “Absent, raiding,” at the time.
The duel was something legendary, granting Sigemund the Brith Eater title among his tribesfolk. The brith that survived the duel were mostly slain or maimed by the tribe which had been worked into a fury by the battle. The highlight of which was the brith and Sigemund disarming each other, Sigemund slamming the brith sternum-first into the ground. The breakage was severe enough to displace the ribs. The brith had lost at that point, but Sigemund was in character to a dangerous degree. He recovered Hrunting from the ground, sheathed it, tore open the chest of the brith using the split chest as leverage against itself, then consumed its raw heart in front of its men.
As a final display of horror, Sigemund redrew his blade and cut the head of the captain off with Hrunting. The blade screamed, and Sigemund gave the command to cut off hands and kill brith.
Wudga Wave Wraith was hunted severely for quite some time afterwards. His people were savages, after all. They were monsters that consumed brith raw, then wore their pelts.
After a period of self-reflection, rare for Sigemund, he realized he had failed. Now, during another drought in raiding as they wait for patrols to die down, he sails to Valenndale in pursuit of a safe place to settle his people. Free of brith, and conflict. A letter he had recently pilfered during a raid had set his course for Caracas, to follow up on an opportunity to settle debts he did not have in hopes of claiming a safe place in the region to settle.Character Quote:
“Wudga Wave Wraith. That name is a symbol of my grandeur, but it also marks my failure to unite my people in a peace of any kind. I’ll not fail into my old age.”War Cry:
“Wudga Wave Wraith demands tribute in furs! Hark, brith! Hark and flee my seas! Hark and flee my screaming blade!”