Pilot, Bounty Hunter.
Short and black, just reaching her jaw.Skin Tone:
Mostly practical, but with some flair. Most of her clothes are designed to be effective in a chase through almost any terrain, and as such are made of thick resistant material and she's almost always wearing knee high boots laced tightly. She really loves capes though, and they're always apart of her outfit. Some are practical, being resistant to the elements and the weather, most are just for show.
Focused * Spiteful * Arrogant * Orderly * Overly-Cautious *AngryRelationship Status:
SingleInterview:How did you hear about the Veritas Lux Mea?
"I heard about the Lux, I'm gonna call it the Lux because the full name is a mouthful, from my old crew. Talked about how they've been hearing about a human rebellion. Didn't think it'd be important to me at the time but things changed, and not for the better."How well do you deal with a high stress situation?
"Depends on the stress. If I'm in a space race against five other ships that want to shoot us down for whatever illegal activities we've done, I'm cold as ice. If I'm in a gun fight I get a little freaked out, I admit, but I've been in enough to not shut down completely. If I have a gun to my head or I'm being torture for information, oooh-boy I would not do well. I freak out, with good reason. No stoic death for me, but if you're worried about me telling them things, I probably won't. I'd die, not well mind you, before telling them anything."What do you think about the government?
"I hate them."What do you think about people not of your species?
"Most are fine. Some are assholes, but that's true of humans too. Except for Judges. They can go fuck themselves."How do you feel about less than legal operations?Laughs.
"Captain, I've been running with illegal operations for as long as I can remember." How would your acquaintances describe you?
"Annoying, Obsessive, overly cautious, and infuriatingly arrogant at times. But I'm the best at what I do and good to my crew."How would your mother describe you?
"'My little space cow-girl, destined to ride through the stars of a new universe!"How would you describe yourself?
"Arrogant and neurotic, but I mean well. It's not my
fault I'm the best pilot you've ever known." What do you know about us?
"You're the flag ship of the rebellion. You're gonna burn down the sons of bitches who run Artemis. And I want in." Why do you want this job?
"Vengeance, plain and simple. The Artemis government sold out my old crew to a Judge because we didn't do what they wanted. I'm the last one standing, so I've got to get revenge for the dead."Why should I hire you?
"Captain, I'm the best pilot you've ever seen. You can make this ship fly, but I can make her dance through the stars with the grace of a ballerina and charge through our enemies with the fury of a wild boar. You will not find anyone better suited for this position."Habits:
- Repeated checks of her gear and ship readings.
- Whistles absentmindedly to herself when doing most things.
- Rubbing the coin around her neck when nervous or afraid.
- Wood carving.
- Model Ship building.
- Sleight of Hand tricks.
- Games of Chance.
- Magic Tricks.
- People messing with her things or how she has the piloting area set up.
- People harming or flying the ship.
- Average shot with her rifle.
- Ship Maintenance. She knows how to help keep her baby running, though some problems are beyond her ability to deal with.
- Some skill with hacking into computer systems.
- Decent at free running and parkour.
- Extremely skilled and talented pilot.
- Master of Sleight of Hand, be it pick pocketing or magic tricks.
- Skilled Tracker.
- Excellent at stealth and hiding.
- Clothing - Leather and weather resistant clothing, at least a dozen capes. Face mask.
- Satchel with ammo, medical supplies, bits of wood she wants to shape, and other small gear.
- 3 drones she uses to help track and keep the ship in working order (Aetolia, Agrios, and Oreus). They are of Naka make.
- One rifle that shoots lasers. Also of Naka make.
- A small knife used primarily to carve wood. Well maintained and usually gleaming.
- A small collection of ship models that decorate her quarters. Mostly human make, but she's begun making or gathering alien ones. Her favorite ones are next to her on the pilot's dash. Her pride and joy is a hand made model of Vostok 1 (the first human piloted spacecraft in space)
- A small collection of wood carvings, mostly animals or people. Decorating her quarters.
- A tarnished coin, worn so smooth as to be impossible to tell what it was, hung around her neck in a leather necklace. It's her good luck charm.
Reason for joining crew:
Wants revenge against the Human government for getting her crew killed, and to prove to the universe she's the best damn pilot around.History:
Andrea was born on Artemis the year after humanity won their place in the new universe. She has no memory of the old universe, and no attachment too it. As far as she's concerned, this universe is her home. Her parents were already outlaws and criminals before the old universe collapsed, and it took no time at all for them to find other criminals in this new universe. The fact that the new human government was rapidly showing signs of the same old corruption that always plagued humanity was only a bonus incentive to go back to their old ways.
They met up with and, after a few awkward and confusing interactions, started running with a Naka smuggling crew. Andrea was born into this environment, being taught how to be a smuggler and a criminal in Letha. Her parents taught her how to sneak and pick pocket, how to recognize marks, how to hack into basic systems, and how to hide illegal merchandise in shipping. Her Naka 'family' taught her how to shoot and track. They supplemented their income with legal bounty contracts and Andrea was expected to pull her weight. The little human girl was confusing, but also endearing and amusing with her eagerness to learn. When she displayed a talent at piloting, and an eagerness to do it, they began teaching her how to fly the ship and pilot. By the time she was eighteen she was the main pilot of the ship and was growing ever more confident in her abilities and talents.
This was Andrea's life until roughly two years ago, when they were approached by representatives of the Artemis government. Andrea's crew had been running between planets for years and were good at it. They could get anyone and anything too anywhere. The representatives had heard of them and wanted to hire them for a job to take some cargo to the Glao world of Aspen. It was a little odd, but money was money and they agreed. When they arrived, they realized exactly what they were doing. The government had captured some of the louder and more influential dissidents and wanted them taken off world and sold. Andrea's crew, disgusted, pretended to agree and then let the prisoners go.
One month later they paid for their mistake. The crew was grounded on Artemis loading cargo, when a Judge appeared and started firing. Andrea and the crew scrambled to leave, only to be cut off by Artemis soldiers. It was a massacre. Andrea only survived because she was launched from the area when the ship exploded, and presumed dead.
When she woke up she was hurt, but alive. And angry. She buried who she could find and then made her way to the nearest town. She was going to find the Veritas Lux Mea, and she was going to burn the Artemis government to the ground.
Freedom is in the stars.Theme Song: The GloryCriminal Record:
Quite the long list over several planets. Dozens of counts of smuggling, resisting arrest, assault on civilians and officers, sale of banned goods, and many more.Anything Else: