SirenContinent of Origin:
Rogue / ThiefStrength:
134 lbsAppearance Description:
A little under the average height of most Sirens, Lorelei makes up for it in the rest of her appearance. Lorelei doesn’t look how Sirens used to look before the War of Splitting Branches, nor does she look similar to how Sirens who can no longer live in the water look today. Her appearance takes on a more elven appearance and beauty, though she still retains some well known Siren attributes.
She’s rather lithe, as is common for a Siren. Her soft grey, with pink undertones, skin appears smooth, and is cool to the touch. In various parts of her body, a small cluster of vibrantly colored scales, hues of purple, blue, and orange, are present. She doesn’t have human or elven ears, instead having small fins in place of them, with hearing holes located within them against her skull. She has long and flowing hair, various hues of darker brown and soft streaks of lighter browns. Her eyes are an unusual color, and are a various mixture of common eye colors, unable to be classified as one specific shade. Her pupils are usually dilated, as are most Sirens who live on land. Because of her more elven appearance, her curves are smooth and almost considered “perfect,” with an ample chest size.Day To Day Attire:
Usually something form-fitting that allows her to move about freely, without clothing being in the way to prevent her to move quickly. She’ll often wear something with a cloth mask, so she can bring it up over her mouth and nose and only have her eyes be visible. Further prevents someone some identifying her. Sometimes these articles of clothing can be slightly revealing, but it depends on the day.Strengths:
- Melee Combat
- Weakened Teeth
- Unable to breathe underwater / transmutation
Curious * Intelligent * Manipulative * SociableSexuality:
Like most Sirens, Lorelei has a slight distaste for the Dwarven race, due to the events of the War of the Splitting Branches. That dislike has since been passed down through generations, and thus was passed down to her.
However, overall, Lorelei is relatively kind and sociable. She enjoys meeting new people and having a decent conversation about whatever comes to mind, that is able to be built upon. She enjoys to ask questions and just overall gather information. Despite some hesitations about her, Lorelei is extremely intelligent, and enjoys to learn new information, and may even possibly share it.. For a price.
While she’s kind and open-minded, Lorelei can also be quite devious and sly. She can easily be nice to your face, but then turn around and say something different, but it just depends on the mood and situation. She’ll use whatever she can to her advantage, may that be her beauty or bits of information that people may be searching for. Certainly a force to be reckoned with.
Bottom line? Don’t let her kindness or beauty fool you.Habits:
- Tendency to ask a lot of questions.
- Tendency to misread some emotions.
- Tendency to speak very softly and quietly.
- A bit of a kleptomaniac, snatching expensive-looking objects for currency.
Exploring / Adventuring
- Acrophobia - Fear of heights.
- Arsonphobia - Fear of fire.
- Brontophobia - Fear of thunder & lightning.
- Rain [ NOT thunderstorms ]
- Books / Storytelling
- Most art
- Most Elven races
- Extravagant items [ beautiful trinkets and bobbles ]
- Bad attitudes
- Cats in general
- Excessive heat
- Loud noises
- Skill: Healing Lorelei knows the basics of healing. She can stitch up most wounds and can bandage them up. She can use basic herbs in terms of healing, but in terms of surgery and higher skilled healing, she is unaware.
- Skill: Stealth With her profession, Lore has become adept in sneaking and making herself relatively unseen.
- Skill: Agility Because of her body type, Lore is able to move quick and agile, able to dodge most attacks and get away relatively unscathed.
- Skill: Horseback Riding Having a fondness of animals, Lore quickly developed the ability to ride a horse, which is her favorite pastime.
- Skill: Reading & Writing Due to her upbringing, Lorelei can read and write in the common tongue, as well as Dwarven and Elven tongues.
- Skill: Linguistic Lorelei is able to speak Dwarven and Elven tongues, as well as the common tongue.
Possessions Generally On Person:
- Spell: Silence For a short burst of time, the sounds of footsteps, breathing, and any other natural sound that the wielder may make is deafened. It is not completely silenced, but enough to where it is almost indetectable.
- Spell: Quick Step For a short burst of time, the speed of the wielder’s steps is quickened. It cannot be cast the same time as Spell : Silence.
- Racial Spell: Siren's Glass The ability to weave a barrier against magic. The strength of the barrier and how long it can be held is directly connected to the wielder’s attributes.
- Spell: Glamour A form of magic involving disguises or the slight of hand. It’s a type of Illusion magic, but more so tricking the mind rather than of light, tricking people into seeing one thing when it actually is something else. It can be cast upon the wielder, or upon an object, it’s duration dependent on the wielder’s ability.
- Spell: Alarm Choose a door or opening to set an alarm for unwanted intrusion. It will alarm you if anything crossed the boundary. A ping within your mind will sound if anything crosses the boundary if you are within a mile radius. If you are asleep, an inaudible sound of a hand bell will awaken you.
- Spell: Charm Person An attempt to charm a human or humanoid into believing something that goes against known information, or to regard the wielder as a friendly acquaintance. Directly dependent on the wielder’s attributes.
- Item: Coin purse She often carries a bit of coin with her, for whatever tipping or bartering she needs to accomplish.
- Item: Checklist Lorelei likes to keep track of whatever missions / things she needs to do.
- Item: Family Heirloom She often wears the heirloom of her family, a shell pin that can be placed in her hair.
- Item: Compass Due to her sense of adventure, she usually has one with her to keep track of where she is.
Personal weapons, no magically enhanced items
- Item: Daggers (2) Handheld knives, easily able to be used quickly and efficiently.
- Item: Blow dart A long, wooden tube that’s able to be loaded with a small dart, the type of dart dependant on the user. Usual types of darts include poison, temporary paralysis, sleeping agent.
- Item: Rapier A thin blade created specifically for Lore. Not used often.
Base armor only, no magically enhanced items
- Item: Light Leather Armor Armor thicker than regular clothing. More freedom of movement, and difficult to bite through.
- Item: Light Leather Leggings Leggings thicker than regular clothing. More freedom of movement, and difficult to bite through.
- Item: Light Leather Boots Comfortable walking shoes. Difficult to bite through.
- Item: Cloth Mask A cloth that comes up and conceals the face, usually the mouth and nose. Acts as a disguise.
Magical Items: Potions:
- Item: Rations Rations that will last a few days.
- Item: Simple Clothing Similar to what she wears on a daily basis.
- Item: Map & Compass Several maps; useful for whatever area she is in.
- Item: Waterskin A tanned sac of animal skin. Holds water.
- Item: Bedroll A roll of various furs and feather-stuffed pieces of cloth.
- Item: Bandages Strips of cloth to apply to wounds.
- Item: Healing Potion (3) Potions that restore a bit of health and energy. Can heal only simply wounds [small cuts, abrasions, etc.]
- Item: Poison Antidote (5) Potions that counteract poisons within the body. Side effects include nausea and blurry vision.
- Item: Smoke Bomb (2) Glass bottle that is able to be thrown to the ground. Once the glass breaks, an uprising of smoke arises, allowing the wielder to use it to get away from a potentially dangerous situation.
Sirens had once thrived within the oceans, living near the bottom of the ocean floor. They were content, away from all races and dwelling within their own, living a peaceful life. However, after the War of the Splitting Branches, the oceans were poisoned and made the environments dangerously hostile. The Sirens were forced from the oceans, the poison causing some of the Sirens to change. Many lost their ability to breathe underwater, others losing the ability of transmutation, unable to switch their bodies between that of living within water, and that of living on land. Because of this, many Sirens died from a War that they were never apart of. Because of this, some Sirens were unable to live underwater, while some were unable to live above water.
Years passed, and Sirens adapted to whatever condition they were living in. Sirens who lived above water developed a more human or elven-like appearance, appearing more beautiful in the eyes of the other species, but uglier in Siren society. Those who lived below water became much more feral, and are extremely elusive.
Lorelei’s family was a bloodline of Sirens that had lost their ability to live underwater and the ability of transmutation. They resided within the caves along the edges of the Viguard kingdom, preferring to keep away from most civilization. However, Lorelei’s mother decided to live the Clan that resided within the caves, and move further inland to live in civilization. She lived amongst the High Elves, having moved from Carthus to Valenndale to reside within the Ellvenan kingdom to hopefully learn of ways to help fix the Siren problem, learning their ways and adapting to their lifestyle. She met and settled down with someone, and gave birth to three healthy children, Lorelei being the youngest of the three.
Lorelei’s upbringing was relatively normal. She was raised within elven society and taught elven mannerisms, coming out much more regal and sophisticated as opposed to Sirens that still dwelled within the caves. She was taught to read and to write, as well as speak fluently in multiple languages. However, her voice is natural soft and weak, causing her to have to repeat herself to people who may be hard of hearing.
Her family fell upon hard times, causing her and her siblings to take up positions that brought their family a stable income. While others may have gone to be merchants or barmaids, Lorelei became proficient in gathering and dishing out information, often with a price, as well as being enlisted to thieve objects or items from other families, or she did it for her own self gain.Character Quote:
"When life robs you, sometimes you gotta rob it back." - The Book ThiefTheme Song:
Hips Don't Lie - ShakiraAnything Else: