Hidden 15 days ago Post by Hekazu
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hekazu

Hekazu Cleric to Dice Gods

Member Online

There isn't much for me to say here. Bodies have been gathered, keys brought forth, no new areas explored. I have very little to add as it stands.
Hidden 15 days ago Post by The Harbinger of Ferocity
Raw
Avatar of The Harbinger of Ferocity

The Harbinger of Ferocity Aspect of the Ferine

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

I still await to hear back on who needs healing, as in their Hit Dice are completely expended during the short rest or rolled very poorly. Brannor has but 15 points of healing he can provide and will retain some for an emergency, say someone is downed in a fight, but that still provides 10 or so hit points that can be distributed.
Hidden 15 days ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

I lost 10 HP in total, about 1/3 of my max, so I could definitely use some healing.
Hidden 13 days ago Post by The Harbinger of Ferocity
Raw
Avatar of The Harbinger of Ferocity

The Harbinger of Ferocity Aspect of the Ferine

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Seems we are missing but one then now as to what the approach will be and what is being done post battle. @Ryonara, have you anything for us? It has been a few days.
Hidden 13 days ago Post by Ryonara
Raw
Avatar of Ryonara

Ryonara

Member Seen 7 hrs ago

I honestly have no idea what to do, I’m saving spell slots and if we aren’t taking a rest my song of healing isn’t going to be useful here. I suppose I could cast invisibility on whoever is going to take the lead, which is either going to be Kyra or Torus to take advantage of the stealth advantage.
Hidden 13 days ago Post by The Harbinger of Ferocity
Raw
Avatar of The Harbinger of Ferocity

The Harbinger of Ferocity Aspect of the Ferine

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

So I suppose that comes down to are we or are we not taking a short rest? Those who are not injured could well set up a counter-attack for anything that comes wandering or lurking but if we rush, we will need expend our very finite resources with no idea just how much further the cave goes for the group. We haven't a way to safely scout through it either, not as with Torus' familiar. Given the ambush could be set and a short rest is not realistically that long a period of time, and we are starting to dip into resources, that is my vote. If we use what we have now we might find our party stuck deeper in the cave without anything versus suffer potentially another attack.
Hidden 13 days ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

I’m hesitant to take a short rest because of those drakes. With the bat swarm at least that’s a “natural” occurrence, but who knows what those drakes might’ve alerted. I suppose we could set up an ambush for anyone that might come over, but I’m also concerned if that would eat up Torus’s Wild shape too. I don’t know how much time he has but I know there’s a limit.
Hidden 11 days ago Post by Ryonara
Raw
Avatar of Ryonara

Ryonara

Member Seen 7 hrs ago

Honestly my main concern is Torus's wildshape. I just checked and he shifted recently, so I think it'll be safe for him to take a shortrest right now and pad out his health for his giant hyena form. If the healthier ones can keep watch, we could do a short rest here.
Hidden 10 days ago Post by The Harbinger of Ferocity
Raw
Avatar of The Harbinger of Ferocity

The Harbinger of Ferocity Aspect of the Ferine

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

So is there anyone who is vehemently opposed to this then among us? It saves the party just that much longer for however deep this cave winds in terms of valuable, limited resources, and only comes at the cost of potential combat. We thwarted one patrol and can be ready for the next, meaning unless they are very coordinated - unlikely for kobolds, even with mercenary leaders - the odds are they will not be able to approach from multiple angles. A risk, yes, but a greater risk to spend our few abilities we do have with no telling what else is down the cave's depths.
Hidden 9 days ago Post by Norschtalen
Raw
Avatar of Norschtalen

Norschtalen

Member Seen 1 day ago

I'm willing to take watch for our short rest. Kyra will watch the stairway we came from, use the higher ground to keep a vantage point over anyone who might approach.
Hidden 8 days ago Post by The Harbinger of Ferocity
Raw
Avatar of The Harbinger of Ferocity

The Harbinger of Ferocity Aspect of the Ferine

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Brannor will as well, so that Kyra is not alone and left to fight by herself should enemies appear and opt to say, rush her. That said, I believe we have had a long enough window on discussion and deliberation. I suppose at this point only @Hekazu knows what the outcome of this decision will be.
Hidden 7 days ago Post by Hekazu
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hekazu

Hekazu Cleric to Dice Gods

Member Online

Righto, so two watchers and a short rest. I'll get back to you people tomorrow!
Hidden 5 days ago Post by The Harbinger of Ferocity
Raw
Avatar of The Harbinger of Ferocity

The Harbinger of Ferocity Aspect of the Ferine

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

I have little confidence that following them deeper into the lair and where apparently Cyanwrath awaits would be in our best interest but that is just my input. If nothing comes of it otherwise I do intend to have Brannor start combat, given negotiating with the enemy for their interests and demands is not his style and the fact that facing this party plus at least Cyanwrath, plus more dragons I assume, is more than enough to overwhelm the group.
Hidden 4 days ago Post by Zverda
Raw
Avatar of Zverda

Zverda Walker of Worlds

Member Seen 4 days ago

I just now noticed the concern for a short rest for Torus... he has at least 1 wildshape left after the tiger at least... so Giant Hyena of Doom can still be a thing
Hidden 3 days ago Post by Ryonara
Raw
Avatar of Ryonara

Ryonara

Member Seen 7 hrs ago

Yeah this is pretty much the worse thing that could've happened. They know we're here and they're likely prepared to fight us now, and we're barely healed at all. On one hand, maybe Cyanwrath could be negotiated with or he just wants another duel. On the other hand, I highly doubt that the rest of his cronies have his sense of honor either, now that they're in a more advantageous position. I will try and buff us as best we can, but honestly expect the worse.
Hidden 2 days ago Post by The Harbinger of Ferocity
Raw
Avatar of The Harbinger of Ferocity

The Harbinger of Ferocity Aspect of the Ferine

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

It is the worst case scenario but I have to wonder if this was the next encounter or not, which would make sense. How and why they are here raises some questions, although I assume they were leading the previous group and went snooping elsewhere, then wondered why the kobolds never returned plus all the other kills we left in our wake. So with that in mind, I am rolling for Brannor's initiative, because as noted why Cyanwrath might want another duel, I have strong doubts his cronies are going to honor that, not cheat in some fashion, or if we did somehow best Cyanwrath, not immediately set upon the group. The resulting roll is 3, @Hekazu.
Hidden 2 days ago Post by Hekazu
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hekazu

Hekazu Cleric to Dice Gods

Member Online

So just so it is absolutely clear, this man with his demands came from the tunnel heading down towards the South, while you have arrived from the stairs leading up from your current position in the East.

Anyway, the initiative has been noted. If nobody intends to talk, I'll take the same from all of you that remain. If somebody intends to attempt a nonviolent solution, please go forth.

@Lucius Cypher@Ryonara@Zverda@Norschtalen
Hidden 1 day ago Post by Norschtalen
Raw
Avatar of Norschtalen

Norschtalen

Member Seen 1 day ago

Personally I don't mind meeting Cyanwrath, but I do think we should use this opportunity to jump this cultist as to deprive Cyanwrath and his minions an extra body. To that end my initiative is a 12/16thanks to Natural Explorer.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet