Hidden 25 days ago Post by MarshiestMallow
Raw
GM
Avatar of MarshiestMallow

MarshiestMallow The Marshiest of Mallows

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

"I'll protect you, too." Callie said softly, wrapping her arms around him and closing her eyes a moment or two. She took what comfort she could from him, his warmth enveloping her. "You're right. I'll deal with the witches... She shouldn't have sought to harm you, to get to me." She would do what had to be done... she would find a way to do what had to be done.

She was not going to lose Caius. She couldn't lose him, not now. Her life might otherwise be a mess, but she had him...

She stiffened at Claudia's words, turned just enough to meet Claudia's gaze. "Take that up with your brother. He had wolves to train and protect, and where were you? Not there. I couldn't be there, but I would have if I could have." She said, her voice steady. "I assure you, I won't let it happen again. And if you don't have faith in witch spells, then you won't like what I have planned. If you don't have faith in my spells, you don't have faith in me. Which means you don't have faith in Caius."
Hidden 25 days ago Post by Kyrisse
Raw
Avatar of Kyrisse

Kyrisse

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@MarshiestMallow

Claudia rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. You being my brother's girlfriend does not in any way mean that you two are one and the same. He's a wolf, you're a witch, there's a world of difference there. I trust my own, I trust our capabilities together and I don't like witches. I don't like spells because that's what put Caius' life in jeopardy in the first place," she replied.

"Give it a rest, Claudia. We are all in the same team, you know. And besides, I'm alive, I'm fine," Caius interjected calmly.

"I'd kill you if you died," Claudia growled irritatedly.

"Glad to be together too," Caius chuckled. "Anyway, let's just all go back inside and discuss our next step, shall we?" he suggested, letting go of Callie but intertwining his fingers through hers.
Hidden 24 days ago Post by MarshiestMallow
Raw
GM
Avatar of MarshiestMallow

MarshiestMallow The Marshiest of Mallows

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Callie tilted her head, ”by that logic I shouldn’t like water, given that it killed my parents. I trust my capabilities, and I will do what needs to be done to stop that bitch.” what was she meant to do, when even Caius’s sister seemed to despise her?

At Caius’s words, she sighed and shook her head. How could she explain what she was feeling? How could she explain just how Claudia’s words hit home? She wasn’t apart of this pack. She wasn’t apart of a coven. She didn’t belong anywhere.

”Your sister has made it perfectly clear that I don’t belong here. I’m not a wolf.”@Kyrisse
Hidden 24 days ago Post by Kyrisse
Raw
Avatar of Kyrisse

Kyrisse

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@MarshiestMallow

"You aren't a wolf," Caius agreed. "But it doesn't mean that you don't belong here with us," he said in a confident tone of voice. Don't mind Claudia, she's just cranky because she had to run all the way here to take care of her baby brother," he said in a teasing tone, meant for his sister to hear.

"Oh shut up, Caius," the older of the twins snapped and stomped back up the steps of the cabin.

A very appetizing smell wafted out as Claudia pulled the door open.
Hidden 24 days ago Post by MarshiestMallow
Raw
GM
Avatar of MarshiestMallow

MarshiestMallow The Marshiest of Mallows

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

"What if she is right? I've brought trouble for you, for your pack... I can't run with you, because I'm not a wolf... I can just be a burden, throwing my charms around, my spells... I don't know what to do, Caius. I want to end this, but... I don't know if I'm strong enough to." she said, waiting until she was sure that Claudia was gone from earshot.

She sighed, dropping her gaze, looking to her hands. How could she explain... "I want to protect you, as you protect me." She whispered, "There are spells I can make, use and... there are potions too. I can... i can make a potion or spell that can transform me into a wolf for a time... " She said, in barely more than a whisper, not sure how he would react. @Kyrisse
Hidden 24 days ago Post by Kyrisse
Raw
Avatar of Kyrisse

Kyrisse

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@MarshiestMallow

"You war has become mine, that much is true. But you shouldn't be blaming yourself for it. We'll get through this, don't worry." Caius' stomach growled at the smell of food but Callie's words stopped him before he could take a step towards the cabin's door. "A potion that can transform you into a wolf..." he repeated slowly as he turned towards her. The idea was a viable one but one he knew to be riddled with danger. An unnatural wolf would be difficult to control. The hunger, the anger, the raw power. A natural born wolf with proper guidance had it rough enough, what more a human turning herself into one? It was unpredictable and unsafe. And with the amount of power their opponent have, unpredictable wasn't an option. "It's too dangerous. I would rather be your shield while you hurl your best spells at them than have you risk it. I could withstand a lethal spell. I'm sure I could do it again." Perhaps it was because Callie was suggesting something so dangerous that he felt extra courageous.

Besides, if I really am half of Fenrir then it should be all right, he thought.
Hidden 22 days ago Post by MarshiestMallow
Raw
GM
Avatar of MarshiestMallow

MarshiestMallow The Marshiest of Mallows

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@Kyrisse

He didn’t understand... how could he? She didn’t understand what it meant to be a wolf, true. But he didn’t understand magic. ”it wouldn’t be the same as being a pup, Caius... I would have control of myself. Essentially it would just be my consciousness in a wolfs body... I don’t know how to truly explain it. But... if you don’t want me to I’ll focus on spells.” she said, sighing softly, ”I don’t want you to be foolish in protecting me... just because you survived one spell... I don’t want to lose you, Caius. Please be careful.”

This all stemmed from the fact that she was a witch. If she were a wolf... there would be nothing to worry about... she’d no longer be a threat to the coven... but she couldn’t ask that of him. Wouldn’t ask that if him. But if this was what the coven, what witches had come to? Then she wasn’t so sure she wanted to be a witch, anymore. ”I just... I just want to be happy together.”
Hidden 19 days ago Post by Kyrisse
Raw
Avatar of Kyrisse

Kyrisse

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@MarshiestMallow

Caius chewed on the idea, still undecided if he would allow Callie to turn into one of them or not. Would she be included in the pack? Would her mind be connected to them? Or would she be alone? Their strength was, after all, in the pack. Would her magic allow her to control the violent urges of the wild? Would she be in control like she said? And if he allowed it, would the pack leader, Darric even agree to it? True, there was speculation that he was some sort of god, but it didn't mean that he was the alpha.

"Of course I want to be happy together too. But...there are so many things that I don't understand in magic just as you have a lot you don't understand about wolves... Perhaps we should discuss this with Darric. Claudia as well."
Hidden 17 days ago Post by MarshiestMallow
Raw
GM
Avatar of MarshiestMallow

MarshiestMallow The Marshiest of Mallows

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@Kyrisse"Claudia will just say I have no right to do anything of the sort, and... well, i'm not sure about Darric." She sighed, "I don't want to be on the side lines, wondering if you're going to come home to me. If this is how I can do it... well... what other way can I be with you? Yes, I could use magic to read your mind, read the packs mind, but I'd just be holding you back if like this."

She didn't want to do that, either. She wanted to be useful... "And... and maybe I don't want to be a witch anymore." She said, her voice barely more than a whisper. "After everything... what that vile woman is doing, it just doesn't seem right anymore." She closed her eyes, "I was so scared. When you didn't come back... when Claudia came in ready to tear my throat out... I thought she meant to leave me behind- I didn't know if I could have found you. Even knowing you were alive, I was still scared."
Hidden 14 days ago Post by Kyrisse
Raw
Avatar of Kyrisse

Kyrisse

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@MarshiestMallow

"No, Claudia would say that that's actually one of the wisest thing you've come up with so far," Claudia said from the door of the cabin, a bowl of what looked like scrambled eggs and bacon in her hand. Impatient that her brother had not come in yet, she returned to the cabin's door just in time to hear what Callie had to say. She gave her a long appraising look from head to toe. "I mean, being human... frail and helpless and easily killed. It isn't worth shit in this fight. Fine, you have your magic to back you up but like I said, I'm not fond of abracadabra all that much." She pointed a fork, in between bites, at Callie. "Kudos for you for being brave enough to suggest it. I wanna see if you have the guts enough to go through with it," she said and then made an obviously impatient gesture towards the younger of the twins. "I seriously doubt that you don't find yourself extremely hungry with this aroma."

Caius looked towards Claudia, not exactly surprised that she was agreeing with Callie. She had always been one to live on the edge and the first to try dangerous feats without really thinking it through first. He nodded at his sister's invitation to eat before turning back towards Callie. "Guess you have her opinion then. Come on, let's go in. She's right about me being starving too," he said, leading Callie up the steps and back indoors.
Hidden 14 days ago Post by MarshiestMallow
Raw
GM
Avatar of MarshiestMallow

MarshiestMallow The Marshiest of Mallows

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Callie shifted slightly, not sure she liked having Claudia on her side. She wasn’t too sure what she thought of Claudia- it was clear she was outspoken and very opinionated, but... she wasn’t at all like Caius. Caius was warm... caring... and perhaps the best thing to have happened to her. ”I wouldn’t have suggested it if I didn’t.” she said softly, watching Claudia warily.

As Caius began to lead her back inside, she said to him ”it isn’t her opinion I’m worried about. It’s yours. And you don’t want me to do it... I just... I don’t want you to be worried about me. If I were to transform... you wouldn’t have to worry... “ she said low enough for him to hear before falling silent as they stepped back into the cabin. @Kyrisse
Hidden 11 days ago Post by Kyrisse
Raw
Avatar of Kyrisse

Kyrisse

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@MarshiestMallow

All occupants if the dining table were lost in their own thoughts, making the meal a silent one. Claudia thought about how to deal with the pesky magic users, Caius chewed on the idea of having Callie turn herself into one of them while Darric watched them all. A few minutes passed by before the pack leader decided to break the silence. He cleared his throat. "I can see the wheels in your heads turning. Let me hear it then, he said, looking pointedly at Caius.

Caius lifted his head, blue eyes looking straight into Darric's gray ones. "Callie is thinking of turning herself into one of us... magically," he stated straightforwardly. "Claudia thinks it's a good idea," he added.

Mmhmm... Claudia agreed in between chewing, not bothering to say anything else.

Darric's gaze was still on Caius. But he didn't need to voice out the next question. "I'm honestly worried. Callie has strong magic but I don't exactly know how magic is with wolf physiology and psychology. But I'd trust her if she thinks she can do it," Caius answered the pack leader's unspoken question.

Darric gave Caius a small nod before turning his attention to the witch. "Well...?"
Hidden 9 days ago Post by MarshiestMallow
Raw
GM
Avatar of MarshiestMallow

MarshiestMallow The Marshiest of Mallows

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Callie silently went inside with Caius, wishing that she hadn't said anything to him. She shouldn't have said anything at all... She was making things harder for him, and she shouldn't be. Looking down at her food, not particularly eating any of it, she sighed to herself. Looking up as Darric spoke, Callie swallowed and dropped her hands into her lap.

"Look, it isn't something that I can truly explain. There's a magic, mixing lay-line and earth, that enables witches who are particularly skilled in that area to transform into creatures. Doing so like that... well, it allows us to retain ourselves." she said softly, "It will enable me to not be a burden... but... but it doesn't stop the bigger problem. I'm a witch without a coven that can do some serious damage to whatever the coven has planned. They aren't going to stop until I'm no longer a problem."

She fell silent, and looked away from them all, sighing heavily once more. She was just bringing trouble... she didn't know what to do, anymore.

@Kyrisse
Hidden 6 days ago Post by Kyrisse
Raw
Avatar of Kyrisse

Kyrisse

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@MarshiestMallow

"I say let her do it. I mean, yeah, she did bring this whole shit down on us but it's not actually her fault those bitches are whack jobs. And she said it herself, she doesn't wanna be a witch anymore..." Claudia paused, a thoughtful look crossing her face. "I'd probably like her better if she did turn herself into one of us. And imagine. A wolf with magical powers. That means serious firepower," she grinned.

"This is the first time we'll be dealing with an unnatural wolf," Darric pointed out.

"Seriously. She's been yapping about how she knows her stuff. If I were her and I'm not sure what I'm doing, I wouldn't even suggest it," Claudia argued.

"Yeah, you would," Caius interjected dryly.

"Well, good thing she's not me then," Claudia laughed. "Anyway, I said my part. In the end, it all boils down to what you think, Cai."

Darric nodded.

"No, it all depends on what Callie wants to do," Caius said, looking at Callie. "If you want to do it then you'll have my support."

"Besides, if she goes rogue, we have the two halves of Fenrir here to control her, don't we?"
Hidden 4 days ago Post by MarshiestMallow
Raw
GM
Avatar of MarshiestMallow

MarshiestMallow The Marshiest of Mallows

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@Kyrisse

They didn't understand, but how could they? They didn't have much to do with magic, until now. How could she explain so that they would understand? "I think you misunderstand me- it wouldn't make me a werewolf, merely enable me to use my magic to shapeshift into a wolf for a time. I would still be a witch, but... if I could develop a spell I could hide my magical ability from others... " she sighed, and ran a hand through her hair with frustration as she sought the right words.

"It's an option and if it means I won't be a burden, well... I'd like to take it, but... it wouldn't be permanent. I don't have that kind of magic... that's old magic, lost magic. No, for it to be permanent it would need to be a bite." But she was not going to go there. "Does that make sense?"
Hidden 3 days ago Post by Kyrisse
Raw
Avatar of Kyrisse

Kyrisse

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@MarshiestMallow

But it was exactly where Claudia was going. As soon as the words were out of Callie's mouth, she looked pointedly at her brother.

"No. I know that look Claudia," Caius said.

Claudia laughed. "But you haven't even looked at me, Cai," she complained. "But seriously. THAT is the fastest and easiest way to make her one of us..." When Caius didn't respond, she shrugged and the expression on her face became serious. She looked at Darric. "Anyway, plans, right? We have to make sure those wretched shits don't get a shot like that at Caius again. I'm ready and willing to tear out their throats with your pack anytime, anywhere." She looked at Caius next. "Don't be stupid and getting in the way of spells like that again. God or not, you might not be as lucky next time. Especially since the humans we're up against aren't idiots. They would bring more firepower knowing that you somehow survived a spell that was supposed to kill you." She looked at Callie last. "You. I suggest you decide what you wanna do, turn yourself into one of us or not. It's up to you. Caius won't be making that decision for you. Either way, you're in this as much as we are. I'm not the most pleasant person to deal with but when it comes down to it, I'll make sure to protect you for my brother's sake."

And then it was Caius' turn to speak. He looked at Callie for a second before addressing their group, his voice as serious as Claudia's. "We'll need all the wolves for this. We'll have the young ones sit this one out. They're too impulsive, we would have to keep an eye on them and we need to focus on this fight." He turned to Callie again and spoke in a softer tone of voice. "Claudia is right, you'll have to decide what you wanna do. But meanwhile, we need information on how many witches are there and what kind of spells they'd throw at us."
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet