Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 1 hr ago









S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters, New York City

The existence of mutants was becoming more of a problem, causing riots all over the world. People were asking for them to be locked up, or put in check so that the normal humans could continue onward with their lives. Have people truly forgotten the Altsoba Massacre? Or the murders at that small town in Massachusetts? These events were barely two years in the past, yet people were wishing harm upon the mutants for trying to live their lives?

This was S.H.I.E.L.D's problem, for the pressure was being put on them to find a more permanant solution, otherwise O.M.E.N was going to receive the funding that was being given to S.H.I.E.L.D. They were having more problems, since the riots have caused a mutant organization to rise up, known only as the Brotherhood of Mutants, they wish to destroy all humans so that the mutants could rise. Only causing more problems in DC over this.

Nick Fury, director of S.H.I.E.L.D, was hoping to fix this. There weren't very many people who could help him, and his own team, the Avengers, were off somewhere else and unavailable. He did know someone though, since some mutants wished to deal with problems from their own kind.

"Someone, get me a line to Xavier's Institute!" he said as he walked over to the phone. He was going to give them a chance to deal with their own kind, and he already knew that their were supposedly two agents who were stationed there. Though he didn't really pay attention about who was there.




Xavier's Institute, Outskirts of New York

Marygold was walking through the hallway, when she heard the phone ring. She was closest to it, so she grabbed it as she walked by. "Hello," she said, and started listening intently to the caller on the otherside. Immediately, she ran to where she knew the Professor was, and handed him the phone, so he could listen to Fury.

When he hung up the phone, he looked over at Marygold, and soon, she heard his voice echoing through her mind, and she instantly knew that there was a mission. "All X-Men and SHIELD personnel, come to my office immediately, there is a mission that is of the utmost importance".

He looked over at Marygold, and the two of them started discussing the mission, so that she could help brief everyone once they arrived. She was surprised by what she heard, and hoped that they could go off before the situation got any worse.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Online



Starkette

Location: Xavier's Institute - Outskirts of New York
{"We live as though the world were as it should be."}


Starkette sighed slightly, trying to pick at the skin around her fingernails, only to be stopped by colorful bandages she had applied earlier. It was a habit she was attempting to break and she had about as much success with it as Loki did during the Battle of New York. But that wasn't the most difficult challenge she faced. Sitting in the room set aside at the institute for the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, Starkette had her phone propped up in front of her, earbuds in her ears.

"No, no, no, Dad...You really don't have to do that," Starkette said, tugging at the bandage on her right hand.

A moment later, she shook her head. "Of course I'm not picking at my fingers! I'm not a kid anymore. I can adult and all sorts of crap!" Starkette insisted, though she was looking off camera at that point. It was a clear lie and she knew that her father knew, but it was a lie she had to tell. It was practically obligatory at this point.

"Fucking hell, fine," Starkette said, rolling her eyes a bit. "If it means that much to you, I'll be there. Just no cameras, got it? I hate all the press at these things."

Another minute passed and Starkette forced a smile, waving at the screen. It was an uncomfortable experience for her still, each time Charles decided to communicate with everyone mentally, but she was back on the clock. She didn't have much more time to argue with her dad as to whether or not he'd be allowed to throw her a huge birthday party in a few weeks. "Love you too, Dad," Starkette finished, before hanging up the call.

Shoving her phone away and pulling out her earbuds, she rolled her head a bit, in order to loosen her neck up. It was almost like going into battle, having a conversation with her father over the phone. She really ought to stretch before them, she figured, with the way she felt tired and cramped by the time they ended. She could only consider herself fortunate that her college classes wouldn't resume for another week or so, meaning that her only duties were for S.H.I.E.L.D., and not anything else.

It wasn't too long before she had made her way to the professor, seeing Marygold there. She was tempted to ask for a twenty-sider to roll, in order to determine if Marygold and herself would get into an argument today. But at the same time, she figured her gamer humor would be lost on most of those present. She rocked back and forth on her heels slightly, admittedly dying to learn the details of the mission.

It was then that Starkette realized she had accidentally forgotten to report to her supervising officer first, before heading onto the meeting with Charles.

Oops.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 6 hrs ago



Allison Andrews

Location: Xavier's Institute - Outskirts of New York
{"Can't we all just get along?"}




Allison clicked away at her phone, responding to various tweets and texts she was receiving. Yes, she heard the news. Yes, she was ok. The threat of mutants being targeted loomed over her head and just because she preferred to see the world in pink and glitter didn't mean she wasn't concerned. Of course she was! Because she had something she was born with that she had no control over, she was being ridiculed and attacked. Some of the things she read were...horrible to think about.

Be that as it may, life went on. It's part of the reason she was here at Xavier's Institute. She wanted to learn more about her powers. She wanted to grow and become a productive member, able to help others and show that humans and mutants could co-exist peacefully. The same view shared by Professor Xavier himself. She considered the man to be like none other. It was almost uncanny when she heard his voice in her head, something he often did. She finished her text and made her way to the room.

She wondered if this new meeting would be involving recent events. She hoped they could do something. She felt helpless in her current state. Still, she walked down the hallway, head held up high. Don't let others see you down.

Soon, she found her way to his office and stepped inside. She saw Marygold there and Professor X and gave them both a smile and wave. However, there was another woman there currently she had never met. She assumed, because of the message, that she was probably SHIELD. She gave her the same smile and nod as she made her way into the room and waited for the others.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by LadyRunic
Raw
Avatar of LadyRunic

LadyRunic The Laughing Raven

Member Online



Ayita Dyrkin




Location Xavier's Institue - Outskirts of New York
{"Monsters aren't usually in the skin of a beast. Far too often they wear the skin of Man."}





The wind-song was all about Ayita as she rode the currents of the skies. So much like the ocean but with rules and dangers all it's own. A falcon's wings beat once or twice as she scaled higher above the world and it's troubles. She was aware of the mutants going missing, it was why she was up here. Few things matched the joy of flying, the instinct of the falcon was in full agreement. Tilting her wings, she rode a thermal about the school. Below she was students walking about, saw smaller bundles of feathers and meat dart for cover upon sensing her shadow and the falcon-girl let them. Their meat was not what she was after, she had eaten and was content. No need to stoop and strike the lesser simply for sport. It was something she wished the humans would do. Let the mutants be. But there was sport or some threat the odd creatures that popped up posed. The falcon though was leaning more towards threat to the nests and eggs of the 'normal' people.

It was dwelling upon these things and listening to the wind-song, she heard the Professor's voice within her mind. It was a odd thing, but not overly odd. For did not the instinct of her form guide her? Did she not risk losing herself in fear and panic to it? The freedom and desires of these bodies often made her reluctant to return to her own. But she released the though of refusal to fly higher and farther, and stooped. The wind-song screamed pass her as she plummeted towards the unforgiving earth. A dance of death to dive so steeply. Yet there was no greater joy. Pulling up she landed on the lip of a window in her winged form, before carefully navigating her way to the professor's office.

Human feet replacing talons, arms replacing wings. Though her eyes still had the quick and wild look about them, and her head still moved in sharp quick movements. Though her body moved with a predator's gait. Feathers of white mixed with her hair, those of a the gyrfalcon form she had chosen. Pausing before at the door she did a quick cast over of the room, with a quick nod to the Professor who had called her from the sky and the wind-song she still heard. Marygold she knew- if by the form of a cat. She did not really give Allison a greeting save by a quick tilt of her head, but simply leaned against the nearest wall watching the pink girl's back. The girl- Allison, she reminded herself- was a curiosity and not all bad, if a bit... Enthusiastic. It still unnerved the shifter. Though Ayita amber eyes quickly turned to watch the other girl she had never seen. Her body tensing as if to spring to attack or flee into the wind and sky. Forcing her arms to cross her chest she simply stared at the newcomer. Waiting to hear who this was, and why she had been called down from the wind-song and a good flight.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Afro Samurai
Raw
Avatar of Afro Samurai

Afro Samurai Like a Raisin in the Sun

Member Seen 12 hrs ago



Oshea Jackson




Location: Xavier's Institute, Outskirts of New York.

("People say I act before I think; they just don't think as fast as me.")




A colored pencil dashed along the light blue lines of a notebook at incredible speeds, Oshea was in the middle of penciling the skeleton of a mutant kitten with green eyes and dragon wings. That's what he was triyng to do at least, in truth, it was a conglomerate of unhinged pencil strokes and poor shading techniques that made his mutant kitten fair better as a member of the un-dead. He was just about to give up on the matter before he heard the sagely beckon from Charles in his mind. He always does this. Doesn't this constitute some kind of invasion of privacy? Oshea knew Charles could hear that, too. He always forgot. Every. Single. Time.

Acquiesce, Oshea rose from the oak wood chair and exited his room in his typical dress: a white and red Chicago Bulls fitted hat that was twisted to the back, a retro red Chicago Bulls jersey, a Scottie Pippen retro Bulls away jersey, black jean shorts, knee-high black socks, and red Converse. He was never dressed appropriately for missions, which explains why his Converse collection dwindles with every assignment the team is given. He wondered if everyone else had beaten him there, Charles always warned him about "inappropriate use" of his powers on school grounds--pfft, he never tells Ayita that! Come to think of it, he had a point. . . but not for any reason Oshea thought viable. Oshea could get anywhere in a few seconds flat, it wasn't his fault the other students weren't as fast or as glorious.

Gloating aside, Oshea made his way to the Professor's office in normal people time and noticed everyone had beaten him there: Marygold (expected), some dirty-blonde chick who he had never seen before, Allison--who looked cute as usual, and Ayita. It wasn't often Oshea felt a outnumbered as the only guy on the team, but this was one of those moments. He was surrounded. Then there was the alpha Lioness, the Boss Lady, as Oshea affectionately coined her: Marygold. She always bossed him around! Oshea, don't do this! Oshea, don't touch that! Oshea, put down the talking squirrel! Blah, blah, blah. What a buzzkill. Oh, right. . . Every. Single. Time.

"What's the move, X?" He awaited instructions as best he could while biting back his attention deficiency.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Seen 3 hrs ago

Cassandra Reed


Location: Xavier's Institute Outskirts of New York





Cassandra leaned up against the balcony overlooking a basketball court she was on her phone while looking over seeing the other mutants that were on the grounds. "Carolina, you really should come here." Cassandra said running a hand through her hair letting out a slight sigh, hearing her sister arguing over the phone about the last school she had suggested that she had gone to. Well things really didn't turn out well over there something Carolina kept quiet about pretty much. Though Cassandra couldn't blame her sister for going to Alucard was a bad idea on her part she didn't really research into it or what the events that had happened there.

Cassandra was still worried for her younger sister, since mutants were now being targeted for some reason just because they were different then Cassandra heard Professor X's voice in her mind. Which was something that truly made her feel very uncomfortable having someone in your head didn't feel right at all to her. "Listen Carolina, I love you I gotta go i'll call you later okay?" Cassandra sighed rolling her eyes slightly getting a sarcastic response from Carolina before her sister hung up. Slipping her phone into her pocket Cassandra turned around and started to enter the school again.

She would occasionally give everyone she walked past a friendly smile and nod as Cassandra walked through eventually she found the office of Professor X. Cassandra entered the room her eyes scanning the room until they met Starkette's, her fellow agent as well as her friend, Cassandra was also Starkette's S.O. after all. She approached her friend giving her a friendly pat on her shoulder, though Cassandra would have liked it if Starkette did report to her first but it was something small in her opinion. "So whats up?" Cassandra asked looking over at everyone in the room standing before her, then looking over at the Professor.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 1 hr ago








Marygold Isley


Location: Xavier Institute



Marygold looked around the room, and noticed how several people glanced around the room before they stopped in the room. She had forgotten, the SHIELD agents were a newer fixture in the institute, so several people probably had yet to meet them. Glancing over at Professor X, he already knew what she was thinking, and since the team had to work with SHIELD, the rise in the Brotherhood's activities also just so happened to be their problem. The Brotherhood was causing problems for them, and as long as they were around, they couldn't focus very well on the disappearing mutants.

"Everyone, I would like to introduce you to Starkette and Cassandra, they will be working with us from now on as representatives of SHIELD," he said, and nodded to Marygold, so that she could explain the reason they were called.

"Just before you were all called, we recieved a phone call from the director of SHIELD Nick Fury. Recently, there have been a number of attacks on electrical power plants and electrical facilities . However, until now they have been unable to identify those responsible. A surveillance camera managed to capture an image of one of those responsible. If you will look over at the screen, you will see the image that SHIELD so kindly sent us," she said as she turned on the huge monitor, a picture appearing on the screen.



She waits for a few moments so that they might take in the image. Marygold glanced around the room, and continued where she left off. "Looks like Magneto and his group are at it again, and SHIELD needs our help to stop them. Unfortunately they, as I'm guessing you all know, have a way to prevent the Professor from using Cerebro to locate them," she said, and looked to Professor Xavier again.

"Director Fury has been kind enough to give us a few locations which they may strike at any time. However, Marygold and myself have been able to narrow this down to just one location, which fits the given parameters that Magneto and his so called Brotherhood, will attack. The Hanson Power Plant just outside of Washington DC. It generates power for all of DC, including the White House and other government facilities. It is your task to make sure that they do not destroy the power plant. Otherwise, it may give Magneto the ability to take control of the city".

Marygold looked around the room at those gathered. She didn't really know if the SHIELD agents were coming,she had met Starkette, and was good friends with her, but she knew virtually nothing about the other woman, but didn't really care about that at the moment. If they came, they came, if they didn't, so what? It didn't really affect her very much."Alright team, you heard the man, let's suit up and head out. I'll meet you in the Blackbird hangar. Starkette and Cassandra, your welcome to come with if you feel like you've been sitting around doing nothing, feel free," she said as she headed out of the room to go into the areas beneath the mansion, the areas reserved only for the X-Men.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Online



Starkette

Location: Xavier's Institute - Outskirts of New York
{"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."}


Some of the mutants didn't look too happy about S.H.I.E.L.D. being there, while others seemed enthused by the possibility. It was more or less what Starkette expected, as even the Avengers didn't always take too kindly to S.H.I.E.L.D. The reactions tended to be mixed at best, no matter what the situation. It was one of the reasons that Starkette never told her father about her employment. She didn't imagine it would be a conversation that would end well. Of course, her mind went away from that as Cassandra gave her a friendly pat on the shoulder, and Starkette looked back at her S.O., smiling a bit awkwardly.

As Professor X mentioned her name, Starkette gave a bit of a wave to those in the room. It bothered her slightly that they weren't introduced as Agents Starkette and Reed, but it was a small detail. And of course, that only meant that it caught Starkette's attention even more. It was the little details that she fixated on, causing her in the past to have gone on hour long rants about the difference between playing Mario Kart on the Wii Remote and the GameCube Controller, and how it created a dichotomy between players that was ultimately unfair. She also had definite opinions about most movie relaunches (spoiler alert: she hates them).

Her attention returned quickly to the debriefing shortly after Marygold began speaking, as she listened a bit closer once the woman mentioned Nick Fury, the man who was ultimately Starkette's boss. He was the highest up on the food chain at S.H.I.E.L.D. and most likely one of the few reasons that O.M.E.N. hadn't absorbed their organization yet. She frowned a bit, recognizing Sabretooth from the intelligence that Cassandra and her had been prepped on. It annoyed her slightly how much his hair reminded her of Thor's--couldn't he be a little more creative and spice things up? Go for a look that someone else didn't already have?

Though, those ugly teeth were definitely unique...

Once Marygold finished the report and instructed the X-Men to suit up, Starkette turned to Cassandra, rocking back and forth slightly on her heels to see what her S.O. had to say. She couldn't imagine them not going in to assist the X-Men, especially since a power plant was the target. Between the two of them, they could repair any damage caused, and help to prevent massive blackouts. But at the same time, this would be Starkette's first time in the field, her very first combat mission.

"We're going in, right?" Starkette asked, perhaps almost a bit too eagerly. She had seen news reports of Magneto before, and fighting a man who could control metal sounded amazing to her. She couldn't even imagine the extent of powers like that. "It'll be pretty epic, don't you think?"
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 6 hrs ago



Allison Andrews

Location: Xavier's Institute - Outskirts of New York
{"You want me to what now?"}




Allison watched as the others made their way there. She gave Ayita a big smile as she entered. Ayita had such cool powers. It always impressed her to see her transform. Oshea came in shortly after. The handsome guy always made her feel good. Another SHIELD agent entered too. She smiled and nodded at her too. She had nothing against SHIELD. As far as she could tell, they needed allies and SHIELD was better than none. The briefing started soon after.

Allison watched the screen to see the face of Sabretooth. She wasn't thrilled with the idea of facing the Brotherhood so soon, but Magneto didn't have humanity's best interests at heart most of the time. If he was involved in these attacks, then it wasn't good.

What worried her the most was her lack of combat training. Her powers weren't useless. Far from it. She could help plan and coordinate, but if she was stepping food inside to help the team, she would feel better knowing she had some training to fall back on. She wanted to train her powers up more, perhaps learning to control things with her mind or move things, but she wasn't there yet, if at all. Still, she didn't want to sit back and watch. She wanted to help. "We'll do our best Professor!" She gave her exclamation with a beaming grin.

She waited for the others first before she made her way down to the Blackbird hangar. She wanted a little bit of mental prep time to prepare and suit up. She was kind of excited, kind of nervous. Still, it needed to be done. The Brotherhood had to be stopped.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by LadyRunic
Raw
Avatar of LadyRunic

LadyRunic The Laughing Raven

Member Online



Ayita Dyrkin




Location Xavier's Institue - Outskirts of New York
{'To fight is to risk injury.'}





Watching from her backdrop, Ayita had to admit that she felt under prepared. Even with her skills, they were going to a electrical plant. Not something to be afraid of. 'Live' wires were not something she wanted to deal with. A worrisome fact. But looking at the picture, she grinned a feral look entering her eyes. The shifter knew a fellow predator when she saw one. Her body shifted as she studied the picture with the focus of a hunter. He was one of many. She reminded herself with a dispassionate coldness. One of many wolves. Pack animals at the heart and not something to tangle with lightly. No fight was to be taken lightly. Injury could lead to something not working right and that could lead to death. She had seen it often in the wilds.

Sharp amber eyes glanced at Allison as she enthused about them doing their best. She didn't really let any emotion show till they started towards the hangar. Her lips gave the barest twitch. "Do not worry, pi- Allison." She corrected herself. Her voice quite, at odds with the harshness that lined the rest of her. "Just hamstring their legs, then go for the arteries." The shifter cringed at her horrible humor, and gave a weary sigh. She really needed to work on her 'human' interaction. People confounded her, and she just didn't understand them at times. It made her wonder more than once if she should just fly off into the forests and skies and never be heard from again. Even with O.M.E.N. hunting them. They couldn't check every animal, and of the lands and skies failed...

Shaking her head, her bones cracked at the thought, her lips tightening as she fell back a bit as the group headed for the hangar. She slammed her mind down on the form she was about to take. The form that now was singing her mind. Of salt and endless freedom and kin. The song of waves and blood. It was the one form, she longed to take above all. Yet she dared not to. There was no where she could. Only the sea, the ocean. Her eyes closed as she pinched the bridge of her nose. The orca rolled against her skin, begging to hunt, to feel the sea and salt. Her love them echoed back, urging it to continue to make her bones ache. Giving a feral growl she shifted, forcing another song into her blood and bones. Soon a cat- a tabby- raced along the hall to catch up with Allison and follow the rest to the hangar to 'suit up'. Ayita scoffed at that thought.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Afro Samurai
Raw
Avatar of Afro Samurai

Afro Samurai Like a Raisin in the Sun

Member Seen 12 hrs ago

Oshea Jackson


("I never worry much about dying, everybody I knew died while they were livin'.")




Sabertooth, he was one ugly cat. He also wasn't the type of feline who played with yarn and drank mile, the kind of cat Oshea liked. He wasn't even a cat; he was a dog. Ugly mutt. Sabertooth was dangerous, all the Brotherhood were dangerous--they were organized, ruthless, and comprised of some of the strongest mutants in existence--except for Toad. No one respects Toad. Thoughts ran through Oshea's head a mile a minute, he couldn't slow them down; he never could. Would they survive? What would happen if they failed? Death wasn't probabl right? Right? No, it always was. Oshea knew he was fast, but no one he ever knew was fast enough to outrun the Reaper.

It plagued his mind, a sullen veneer sunk across Oshea's face. He carried himself with caution behind the other group, several paces behind. Usually, he was eager for missions; most of them were easy. This one was different, something about it was heavy. His heart pounded in his chest, it almost leapt out. Ahead, he saw Allison: the bubbly beacon. She seemed so confident and happy, prepared for anything. But Oshea had known many people like her; he grew up poor, and poor folks were masters of masks. Now wasn't the time to inquire, he supposed; for now, he would clear his mind and prepare himself for what was to come. Time to suit up.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Seen 3 hrs ago

Cassandra Reed


Location: Xavier's Institute Outskirts of New York





Cassandra looked over towards Marygold and Professor X as they spoke resting her hands behind her back looking around at everyone else that were in the room putting on a serious face as she started to listen to the briefing that was going to start. She turned her attention over towards the screen seeing the face of Sabertooth on the screen, Cassandra had seen a few images of him on some other SHIELD missions that had encountered him. Those that survived didn't turn out so well, and he was under the employ of Magneto which made her worried as the briefing continued. Her sister Carolina would have probably been really interested in getting in on this action as Cassandra ran a hand through her hair, once the briefing had finished the other X-Men were dismissed and ordered to suit up. Cassandra looked over at Starkette giving her a smile and nod. "Of course we are going." Cassandra answered patting her on the back.

"We will meet you down at the hangar then." Cassandra said as she motioned for Starkette to follow her, and started to make their way back towards their room. Once inside Cassandra kneeled onto the floor pulling out a silver metal colored suitcase which contained all of their weapons and gear. Cassandra typed in the password and a few seconds later the suitcase opened she started to get changed.

"When we get there stay close alright?" Cassandra said looking over as she handed Starkette her things, and then started to check to make sure that her weapons were loaded. She set her handgun into its holster and then her knife onto her belt, knowing that this was Starkette's first actual combat mission against people with super powers, she cared for her protégé and wanted to make sure that this mission will be a success.
Hidden 2 yrs ago 2 yrs ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 1 hr ago







Marygold Isley



Location: Xavier's Institute



Marygold was waiting for everyone, and eventually watched as everyone came in one by one to the hangar. A noise behind her announced the presences of Dr. McCoy, or Beast as he was most commonly referred as. He walked up to Marygold, and glanced around at the rest of the group. "Got a mission I'm guessing. Be careful not to get into too much trouble though. Don't want to have to lead a rescue mission to pull you kids out of trouble. No offense intended of course," he said with a smile, and Marygold couldn't help but smile back at him.

"Well, you could always come with us Hank. You know, keep us youngsters out of trouble. Also I would trust you to fly the thing more than myself. Its been a while since you went on a mission, are you getting too old to go on one with us and fly your plane," she said still grinning from ear to ear as she saw the expression on his face. He probably was thinking about this, and he also might be sending a message to the Professor asking about it. He was getting a little old, but he could probably still pack a punch if he tried.

"Well I'm not getting too old for anything,"he said as he opened up the ramp to the Blackbird,"You are also correct about this plane, I will join you, hopefully nothing too horrible will occur to stop this mission from being a success. All aboard, we are bound for D.C".

Marygold entered the Blackbird, and sat in the seat next to Beast, and waited as everyone else took their seats. As they took off into the air, she figured it would probably take roughly half an hour before they landed, and since Hank was flying, it gave her more of an opportunity to speak with the others about the plan. She was still knew to the being a leader thing, so it helped her to try and think things out ahead of time, and hopefully think of things that could go wrong.

She looked towards those in the back, and decided to be open to suggestions from them. Afterall, Marygold herself couldn't think of everything, and she technically wasn't even in charge of Starkette and Cassandra, so she had no idea what they wanted to do.

"Alright then, we have about 30 minutes before we reach the plant. I'm open to suggestions on anything if there are any. I know that technically I don't run the SHIELD side of things, so I don't know how you two want to do things," she said as she looked around the compartment at the team who was assembled.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Morose
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Morose

Morose Overwatch

Member Online



Starkette

Location: Xavier's Institute - Outskirts of New York
{"You wanted me to get out of the house more, right?"}


Starkette eagerly followed Cassandra back to the makeshift S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters inside of the institute. She couldn't help but be extremely excited to see all of the weapons and gear in the kit. Despite being on assignment with the X-Men for a while, she mostly had just been communicating with Professor X and Marygold, exchanging intelligence reports. She had been carrying her own pistol on her, along with her own tech from Stark Industries.

"That looks awesome," Starkette complimented, accepting her items once Cassandra had gotten changed. She couldn't help but admire a good suit. It was in her blood. Her clothing, of course, was different from Cassandra's. It didn't have arm braces, in order to allow her access to her watch. She loved the thing and it was far more useful than just keeping time. She slid her pistol into its holster and then nodded at Cassandra.

"Got it, boss." Sure, she may have done a few practice fights and all, but she wasn't stupid. She may have seen superheroes in action, but she had never fought alongside them or against them. Powered people already had an advantage to start with. Staying close to Cassandra was the least she could do, as it wasn't like either of them would suddenly develop powers on the way over.

She then headed over to the Blackbird, picking at the bandages on her fingers as they went. Starkette wasn't one to share her more private emotions very often, but she was a little nervous about the mission that was to come. She knew the risk that she'd be facing, and for a moment, she wished she told her father that she had joined S.H.I.E.L.D. It probably would've been a good move, but...

Once they boarded the plane, Starkette took a seat with an open one next to it, leaving it for Cassandra. It was a pretty advanced plane, as planes went, and she doubted it'd take them too long to reach the power plant. As for S.H.I.E.L.D. protocols, she knew them all. And in this type of situation, she was supposed to take a cue from her S.O. She figured they could look into setting up perimeters, ensuring that they had proper surveillance...

"I can look into getting the surveillance set up remotely," Starkette offered, looking towards Cassandra.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 6 hrs ago



Allison Andrews

Location: Xavier's Institute - Outskirts of New York
{"I can see the future. Duh!"}




As Allison suited up in her X-Men gear, she wondered how they would all handle this. Marygold was new to leadership and they haven't really been trained all that much. Not only that, but they had two SHIELD agents with them who they knew nothing about. It was as if this was a training exercise in and of itself, but surely that couldn't be the case.

She made her way towards the Blackbird and got situated inside as the others followed. She waved at Beast, thankful he would be flying them. Marygold took the reins and asked for the input of the others. The one SHIELD agent spoke up first, the one she saw in the Professor's office first. Setting up surveillance seemed like a good idea, but it shouldn't detract from the fact that they needed to be prepared for the eventual attack. "I could probably help with the surveillance bit. At least, I can help prepare for any situation as it comes, and I can stand by in case I get a...vision as to what's about to happen." That was probably the best use for her. She wanted to do more, but she didn't want to be in the way if it came down to a fight. She wouldn't back down, of course. That was just in her nature. Especially if the Brotherhood was involved. They were big meanies anyway.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by LadyRunic
Raw
Avatar of LadyRunic

LadyRunic The Laughing Raven

Member Online



Ayita Dyrkin




Location Xavier's Institue - Outskirts of New York
{'To fight is to risk injury.'}





Shifting back into her 'normal' form, Ayita snatched her suit up and did the according with it. She wasn't overly worried about the Brotherhood. It was the others around her who worried her. How they would react, what they would do. Mostly how far they would go. In her time with the X-Men she had noted they were rather selfless. More so than she. Survival had always been her priority. Now she was questioning her very basis of thought. It was unsettling. Not the best mindset to enter a hunt in.

Taking a near the back seat on the Blackbird. Ayita shifted about for a second before resigning herself to the fact this seat just wasn't going to cut her need to see everything she wanted to see. When Marygold spoke up she broke herself out of her resigned mental mutterings to snap her eyes to the gardener. Then to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent and their local visionary. Surveillance was covered well, a part of her resented this while another pointed out she would have a horrible enough time in a construct of metal and electricity. It not being something she would be used to. Still, a building was a buildling. There would be holes and cracks and if there was a single rat, mouse or otherwise creature within it. She could- and would- get in and out without over much hassle. Assuming none of them suspected such creatures.

Speaking up in that quiet voice, she raised it slightly louder than her usual. Not to mention sharpened it, it would not do to be seen as anything other than the ferocious monster her mother named her as. "If a mouse can get into something, so can I. I can fight them as well." Ayita bared her teeth in a predator's smile. She held it for a second before resuming her usual frown. "I can be eyes in the sky or water if you need them." It was probably the most she ever said to anyone. Ever.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Seen 3 hrs ago

Cassandra Reed


Location: Xavier's Institute Outskirts of New York





Cassandra looked over towards Starkette giving her a smile, the suit she had made was customly built by herself as she adjusted the armbraces she had put on for projection. They also were mini computers as well as a way to communicate with anyone with radios on them. "Thanks." She said giving her Padawan a pat on the shoulder and started to make her way over towards the Blackbird, Cassandra couldn't help but be amazed the jet looked awesome to fly around in. Quinjets probably weren't as advanced as the Blackbird was, Cassandra looked towards Hank, or otherwise known more as Beast the man did look intimidating but she did enjoy talking with him along with Starkette about things that were all nerdy and sciencey like.

Cassandra walked over sitting down next to Starkette looking towards her hearing her suggestion, which was common and by the book. "That's perfect, i'll contact the local police and fire department to set up a perimeter around the power plant, and get all the workers out of there." Contacting the locals was the second thing to do, and help prepare for the worse hoping at least that the attack hadn't started yet. Cassandra started to get onto work on her task, then looking over towards the one named Allison offering to help out with the surveillance and nodded.

She then turned to look at Marygold for a moment for her own input. "I recommend once we get there, have Oshea was it right? To scout out the area that way we cover as much ground as possible while we set up the surveillance. But that I believe would be your call, and I wouldn't want to step on your toes or anything." Cassandra said, even though this was a joint op between SHIELD and the X-Men she was respectful after all when it came to working with others.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Afro Samurai
Raw
Avatar of Afro Samurai

Afro Samurai Like a Raisin in the Sun

Member Seen 12 hrs ago

Oshea Jackson


"Sometimes I wish I could soar; I don't like bein' grounded. Haha, get it?"

'Oshea' was it? Scout the area.' Yeah, sure, put him on janitor duty again. The one downside to posessing insane amounts of speed was that you were the first one sent into oblivion. What if they had some telepath who could shut off his X-Gene? Exactly, no one would know because Oshea would be dead. Why was it that everyone thought having super-speed meant you could just get in and out of predicaments without problems? Oshea knew he was fast, hell, everyone knew he was fast, but there are some things that can't be outrun no matter how fast one was. He sat somewhere in the middle of the Blackbird, not inclined to be alone for the entire ride, but he also didn't feel like talking much. He wasn't the leader (thank the heavens) and he left the strategies to the folks in charge.

He put his headphones in and relaxed himself. His reclined the visor on his X-suit and peered out the plane's window where he took in the skies. One of his dreans as a kid was to be able to fly; he got the complete opposite of what he wanted! Running fast was cool and all, but even non-mutants could run; flight defied all normal human capability. It was more extra-ordinary because it put one closer to the stars, the cosmos, the universe. He and Ayita hardly spoke to one another, but he was always a little envious of her shapeshifting abilities. What she could see when she was soaring above entire populations paralyzed him with wonder.

"Recon, go--" instant slumber.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by BlueSky44
Raw
GM
Avatar of BlueSky44

BlueSky44

Member Seen 1 hr ago






Marygold Isley


Location: Air above DC -> Hanson Power Plant



Marygold nods as everyone makes their contributions and suggestions. She noticed Oshea not really paying attention and let out a small sigh. She kind of wished he at least was somewhat interested in the mission and planning. She liked what she heard, and enjoyed what was going on around her. Hank was kind of more like a babysitter she felt like, so she didn't really mind him doing whatever he wanted to.

"Alright, instant we'll be landing a little ways away from the plant so as to not draw too much attention to ourselves. Now, hopefully Starkette can get the surveillance up and running, with Allison helping her out, in case she gets a vision," she said with a smile towards Allison. "Ayita, I want you to keep an eye on things from the air, and report back if you see anything out of the ordinary, and Oshea," she said, more of snapping at the speedster, "I agree with Cassandra, I need you to do one quick loop around the place, and see if you can spot anything".

She decided to keep out of what Cassandra wanted to do. The woman wasn't under her command, since SHIELD was an entirely different group and agency. Marygold had no control over her, and evacuating the civilians was a good idea, yet she worried slightly that it would paint a huge target on their backs and that members of the Brotherhood might attack them as a distraction. She looked forward again, just as Hank turned towards her, "We're landing, at least we are somewhat prepared. I'll stay with you so that if something happens we both can get there quickly," he said as he landed the Blackbird. At least they had some sort of plan, even though it, knowing her luck, would fall apart completely. Marygold got up from her seat, and faced the group.

"Let's get this party started, you all know the drill. Now, let's go," she said as she gave an encouraging smile, knowing that some people in the group were still knew to the whole working on a team, but she was hoping for the best. She started to head off the Blackbird, and was hoping that the mission would be a success, even though there were several firsts among the team.
Hidden 2 yrs ago Post by Nallore
Raw
Avatar of Nallore

Nallore RPG's Grope Master & Taco Hunter. :P

Member Seen 3 hrs ago

Cassandra Reed


Location: Hanson Power Plant





Cassandra gave Oshea a slight glare, but she didn't say anything after all he wasn't apart of SHIELD and there for she didn't have any authority over the cock speedster. Running over the plan in her head, Ayita would be their eyes in the sky, Starkette and Allison were running surveillance, Marygold and Beast were working together and Oshea if he was going to do what Marygold had asked would be their scout. "I'll coordinate everyone in the surveillance room and set up an HQ there and monitor everyone from there." Cassandra said as she looked out the window seeing the DC area in the distance as they got closer, this wasn't her first rodeo out in the field. Though she did prefer more being out in the frontlines more then anything, but she didn't have any kind of super powers unlike the others or her sister for that matter.

Once the Blackbird landed Cassandra did one last final check on her gear and unstrapped herself and stood up giving Marygold a friendly nod and pat on her shoulder as she took a step off of the Blackbird first looking around the area. So far things seemed clear for now as Cassandra then looked over towards Starkette and Allison, motioning for them to move forward and started to make her way over towards the Hanson Power Plant.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet