Myth the Muse
Name: Ravyndra Locke
Darke Name: Ardnyvar
Birthday: June 3
Birthplace: Land of Long Nights
Residence: Ramblings Room 1923
Culture: Land of Long Nights
Education: Tutored/Taught Norse Mythology and Religion, plus armed combat
Position: Traveling Bard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Weight: 118 lbs
Build: Slender, light frame
Skin Tone: Beige
Tattoos/Scars/Piercings: Two Ear Piercings, Scar along left upper arm, scar along left hip, Nordic design on lower back
Personal Style: Ravyndra keeps her attire simple and comfortable, but enough so that it doesn't cause others to simply glance over her. After all, she is a bard and desires to have all eyes on her. Her clothing ranges from tied tunic tops and long and long, flowy skirts. Not only do they make her look good, but they are adaptable in battle should she need to move around. Shoes tend to be sandals or simple traveling shoes if she is moving around a lot. She will usually opt for light tones, especially in brown, red, or white.
Her hair is long and she prefers it down. Make-up tends to be lighter in color and accentuates her green eyes, which she considers her best feature. She doesn't care for jewelry, feeling they only get in the way and make you prime targets for thieves.
Adventurous * Conceited * Charming * Meddlesome * Valiant * Opportunistic
Sexuality: Bisexual (prefers men)
Relationship Status: Single
Personality: Ravyndra is a girl that knows what she likes and what she doesn't and surrounds herself with those lovely things. Going out of her way most times to find new things and explore new areas, Ravyndra doesn't turn down an exciting opportunity, especially if she sees herself profiting from it. She often gets into trouble from her pursuits and meddling in other people's affairs, but she doesn't care. Whenever she sees an opportunity, she takes hold.
She enjoys causing trouble, especially with men and the women they are with. She enjoys a good lay down with a warm body and knows she is a good looking woman and is able to charm the best of people into bed. She also knows she is good at what she does and is not afraid to boast loudly about it. She is skilled and determined and is not afraid to go into a dark cave or a broad forest if adventure calls.
- Playing With Hair
- Losing Memory
- Being Forced Into Servitude
- General Mischief
- Annoying People
- Most Vegetables
Cards On The Table
- Swimming - The ability to swim great distances without drowning or excessively tiring. This includes being able to tread water for up to five hours.
- Cooking - The ability to prepare a dish without poisoning oneself or others.
- Sword Fighting - Proficiency with a blade longer than 14 inches in combat, including the general rules of etiquette for dueling
- Deception - The ability to lie to another person and successfully deceive them.
- Archery - The ability to use a bow and arrow with great accuracy. This includes the use of a crossbow, as well as a traditional recurve bow. The user also knows the general procedures for proper care of a bow and general repair of arrows.
- Hunting - The ability to hunt various game with skill and precision. This includes basic weapons for hunting, as well as tracking and the setting of traps.
- Searching (Finding Hidden Things) - The ability to find objects, especially in places an ordinary person would never think to look.
- New Nordic - The user has complete fluency, able to read, write, and communicate in the language of the Land of Long Nights. This skill can be used as a makeshift oral storytelling skill, as most of the traditions of the Land of Long Nights are told through stories.
- Country Knowledge (the Lands of Long Nights) - The knowledge of the general geography of the Lands of Long Nights. This includes the ability to find a path from one location to another, as well as a knowledge of the culture and customs of that country.
- Snow Survival Skills - the knowledge of how to survive in a frigid and freezing climate, including construction of makeshift shelter and the ability to survive in life threatening temperatures.
- Stamina - The ability to sustain prolonged physical or mental effort
- Knife Fighting - The ability to use a bladed weapon no longer than 14 inches in combat without unintentionally injuring oneself.
- Bardic Music - The ability to enhance others abilities through performance.
- Bardic Magyk - the ability to use a unique Magyk, connected to music and sound, with strength in illusions and healing
- Jack of All Trades - Ability to pick up minor skills in just about anything.
- Bardic Knowledge - Ability to pick up random bits and pieces of knowledge about myths, legends, and important figures from their travels.
- Performance (Singing) - Ability to perform using their voice, can be used to make money, or to just entertain others.
What Is On Your Person:
- Sheet Music/Notes
- Arrow Supply Backup
- Weapon Sharpening Tools
Your Path: At her core, Ravyndra had always sought out adventure. Wanting to be free from the limitations of staying home and defending what is rightfully yours constantly, she opted to go out and see the world, explore, find her own way. And if she could entertain the masses while doing so, so be it! She had met a traveling bard, Raphesius, and he taught her all she hoped to learn about the Bardic talents and she mastered them in no time.
General History: Ravyndra was born to a small family with only one other child. Her family were hardworking, traditional people who instilled their values and beliefs in her at a young age. However, Ravyndra was born with stars in her eyes. Growing up, she was often annoyed at her parents for forcing her into a life she wanted nothing to do with. The only thing she enjoyed was combat training with her elder brother (and the taunting she cast whenever she beat him). Still, she was a girl and it was expected of her to maintain the household and defend it.
It wasn't until she was 9 when she met Raphesius, a traveling bard. He often sat at the bar, drowning in whatever he could get his hands on. However, whenever he played, those around him stood still. He weaved tales of heroism and adventure, and young Ravyndra was hooked. She begged Raphesius to teach her what he could about it, hoping to become like him one day. Unsure at first, he took a liking to the young girl (noting she had an affinity for the Bardic arts) and opted to teach her, much to her parent's disapproval.
As she got older, she grew in skill, wowing those in her village. When she was 16 she struck out on her own, leaving her family behind. A decision she regrets to this day because when she returned home after months away, her village was destroyed and her parents were killed. Her older brother lived, but despised his sister for leaving them to their fate. Though she was unsure of Raphesis' fate, she is sure the man still lives.
Preferring not to find any one play to call home for fear of losing it again, she travels around, finding adventure and profit wherever she can, defending what is hers in honor of her parents and her name.
Thoughts on Queen Meliscente: Truth be told, Ravyndra couldn't give any less of a damn abotu the royals. After all, the royals don't seem to look kindly on bards or their Magyk. If they all burned in a fire, Ravyndra wouldn't shed a tear. She has her own thoughts on the murder, of course, as much as anyone. She doesn't trust anyone in that castle. The temptation would be too much for anyone, she feels. No one that sits on that throne is safe.
Character Quote: "Can't we all just appreciate the music?"
Anything Else: ~Included in Previous CS~
*By submitting this CS in its completion I am stating I have read all the rules for this Rp and am agreeing to follow them to the fullest with respect and courtesy. I acknowledge that I can and will be removed from the RP without warning if I break a rule or cause problems with my fellow Rpers or the GM.
Myth the Muse
"I get by with a little help from my friends."
⟢ 🎆Respects ⟡ 🌓Neutral ⟡ 👋Acquaintance ⟡ 🙇It's Complicated ⟣
⟢ 💛Friend ⟡ 💙Good Friends ⟡ 💜Best Friends ⟡ ❣️Ex-Friends ⟡ 😈Frienemy ⟣
⟢ 💘Infatuation ⟡ 💓Loves ⟡ 💗Couple ⟡ 💕Basically Family ⟡ 💞Family ⟡ 💔Ex-Lovers ⟣
⟢ ♨️Tense ⟡ 💀Dislikes ⟡ 😡Hates ⟡ 👿Enemy ⟡ 👹Absolutely Loathes ⟣[hr.][hr.]
💛 Cuyler Eysteinsson 💛
"I remember him from years back. I wonder if he is still around."
Cuyler is one of few people that Myth knows from her past. Being from the same village that got destroyed, Myth remembers Cuyler always traveling with his father and being jealous of him. He would always come back and show her all the things he found on his journeys. Part of the reason that Myth wanted to travel so much is in part due to Cuyler.