Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by candlelitcraft
Raw
GM
Avatar of candlelitcraft

candlelitcraft Assorted Princess Pieces

Member Seen 17 days ago



The Mess Hall, 11:30 am, June 12th 2017, Day 1




All of the buses of campers had arrived, and all of the campers had been corralled into the Mess Hall for lunch and a welcome to the camp. Lilac, head counselor, stood at the front of the room. She stepped up onto a chair to get the attention of other campers, though the added height only put her at about the same height as many of the campers sitting down. Holly was used to this, however, as a Fae, and knew how to work around her small height.

"Good afternoon, everyone," She said brightly, easily drawing the attention of most students with her natural Fae charisma, "And welcome to Camp Remedy's 200th annual summer camp!"

She paused, and a few campers clapped halfheartedly. Determined not to let the lack of enthusiasm deter her, she carried on.
"For all of you who are returning, welcome back! For those of you who are new and don't know, my name is Lilac Honeybell, and I'm head counselor here. We have a great year planned for you guys! First, enjoy lunch at your own leisure, and then please stop by this table," she gestured to the plastic one by the door where the rest of the counselors sat, "to get your schedules and cabin assignments. We will also be providing a personal copy of camp rules for everyone in the hopes that it will prevent some of you from letting them slip your mind." She gave a few returning campers a look. "Today you will all have free time to settle into your cabins and mingle until dinner. We hope you all have a great summer, and if anyone has any questions, a counselor would be glad to answer it. We're recognizable by our purple lanyards," She gestured to the one around her neck, "And don't forget to have fun!"

Her speech finished, she stepped down from her chair. The lull of conversation started up again as she went to help the camp chefs with setting up the lunch buffet.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Tenma Tendo
Raw
Avatar of Tenma Tendo

Tenma Tendo King of Time

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Fei Tendo and Emilia Tendo
-- Day One || Morning || The Mess Hall --

The twins quickly exited the bus with swift hops. Once the both of them were touching the ground, they locked hands and followed the other campers into the Mess Hall. It was rather hard to see what was in front of them, as both of them had to resort in looking in between the legs of those around them. As they were directed to take a seat in order to do some introductions, Emilia had to pull on her brother's sleeve to stop him.
"Wait. Let's sit a little closer to the front. So that we can see." She whispered. It had been their first year attending, so it made sense to sit in the front; not to mention their short statures. Fei stared at the other for a few seconds before responding with a slow nod, following her over to the very front of the room. Much like on the bus, they both shared a single seat, helping each other up onto the chair and waiting silently for the announcement to begin, hands remaining intertwined.

The two remained in silence until, what looked like a Fae, standing on a chair caught their attention. As she welcomed them and the other campers to the summer camp, the twins didn't move, not even an inch. What were they suppose to do, be excited about being separated from their parents again?
"Tch, she's way too peppy." Emilia groaned as Fei simply nodded in agreement, like he always does.

They both listened ever so patiently as the Fae, Lilac, continued with her announcements, the only one sounding important being where to get their schedules and cabin assignments.. Once Lilac was finished, Elimia looked to her brother.
"Okay, you go and get our schedules. I'll hold down the fort here." Most would think that having the mute boy remain seated while the much more talkative other get the schedules make more sense, but Emilia had her reasons. If Fei stayed seated, then someone would be bound to talk to him. If he was up and walking, he would be less likely to need to talk until he got over to the table. It was an interesting way of thinking about it, but with Fei being Fei, he simply nodded without really understanding what went behind the decision.

Finally separating ever since they entered the bus, Fei slid to the floor with a light clatter, before making his way over to the plastic table. It took a little bit of weaving and bobbing, there were also a few times where people tried to pick him up, but Fei finally managed to get to the table. Half of his head barely past the top of the table as his eyes scanned those sitting on the other side of the table and the contents that rested on said table. Not exactly sure of how to ask out of sheer nervousness, Fei continued to stare, his expression as still as his body posture.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by candlelitcraft
Raw
GM
Avatar of candlelitcraft

candlelitcraft Assorted Princess Pieces

Member Seen 17 days ago


Kalliphae sat at the counselor's table with the others like she was supposed to, chatting with Mimthoy when the table was empty. Few students had come by to grab their schedules thus far, as most were more interested in getting food or catching up with friends. She had noticed that pretty much only new campers had come up to the table so far.

She fiddled with her lanyard that marked her as a counselor and almost didn't notice when a very, very short little boy walked up to the table. She could really only see the top of his head from where she sat.

She leaned forward in her seat with a smile, her green hair falling over her shoulder.

"Hey there, you must be new here. What's your name? I'll get you your schedule." She said warmly, trying to come off as trustworthy. This kid was clearly very nervous about being at the camp, and Kalliphae wanted to help him feel welcome.

@tenma tendo

Hidden 3 mos ago Post by medalliah
Raw
Avatar of medalliah

medalliah Magical

Member Seen 1 day ago



Here we go.

Alice had been on the first bus in, before any of the other students. WAtched over by one of the councilors, her new 'accessory' bracelets firmly clamped onto her wrists to ensure she didn't try to run. At least until she was in the camp at least. Now, she was here, sat in the corner, arms crossed and watching. Sizing up each person that entered. She could have been mistaken for some spoilt child, except for those eyes. The deep eyes, that had seen so much for such a young age.

She rubbed her arms, closed her eyes and sighed. "When will these bracelets come off?" she asked, her British accent quite clear.
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by candlelitcraft
Raw
GM
Avatar of candlelitcraft

candlelitcraft Assorted Princess Pieces

Member Seen 17 days ago


Tempest sat near the back of the mess hall with an earbud in, blasting some angry girl band so loudly that someone sitting next to her could probably make out the lyrics. She wasn’t too excited about being back at Camp Remedy. She had been coming since she was 13, and she felt like she had gotten everything out of the camp that she could, and she knew she was missing out on the adventures her friends were having back in the city. She had been texting them whenever she could pick up a bar of service since she had arrived, and she was already missing them. She also missed her cat, whom she still hadn’t convinced Lilac to let her bring to camp. Not to mention, her friends from previous summers were all 18 this year, and she didn’t want to have to find new people to hang out with.

Furthermore, she felt that she had enough control over her powers that she didn’t need this anymore, but her mom had insisted that she needed the whole five years like her and Tempest's aunts had gotten.

She shook off the negative thoughts and instead tried to think about how she was going to make the best of the summer.

She frowned at the long line of campers forming at the lunch buffet and decided to wait until the line settled down before going up to get food. She pulled her sketchbook out of her bag, flipping it open to a fresh page and surveying the crowd to find someone to draw. She loved to draw real people because it helped her practice different body types, facial structures, and expressions. She settled on a blonde girl who sat by herself in the corner, her arms crossed and her expression bitter. Tempest could relate to that. She began to sketch.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Tenma Tendo
Raw
Avatar of Tenma Tendo

Tenma Tendo King of Time

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Fei Tendo
-- Day One || Morning || The Mess Hall --

The boy unintentionally flinched as his eyes stopped on a woman with long, cascading red (well, red to him) hair; her skin was also pigmented in a similar shade. She seemed nice enough...but that didn't give Fei any incentive to actually speak up. First he turned to look back at the direction he originally came from, only to see various pairs of legs blocking his view. Well, no use asking for help now... Fei looked back at the woman with the purple lanyard, his expression holding very little emotion aside from nervousness.

He remained frozen in place for a brief moment, going over what Emilia told him to say in his head before finally opening his mouth.
"...F-Fei." He finally answered as he placed his ball jointed fingers on the edge of the table in attempts to get a better look at what was actually on it. "...E-Emilia...t-too..." He added in as he rose up to his tip toes, in hopes that his face would be more visible.

@candlelitcraft
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by candlelitcraft
Raw
GM
Avatar of candlelitcraft

candlelitcraft Assorted Princess Pieces

Member Seen 17 days ago


Kalliphae nodded and searched for the two schedules. She wondered why the camper before her was so scared, and wondered if she wasn't giving off as much helpful, trustworthy vibes as she thought she was. She tried to think of ways to kick up her trustworthy-ness a notch.

She found the two schedules after a minute or so and noticed that Fei and Emilia had the same names. She assumed they were siblings.

She handed Fei the schedules with another reassuring smile. "Here you are! If you or your sister have any questions or need any help, don't hesitate to find a counselor. We're here to help! I hope you have a good day."

@tenma tendo
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Tenma Tendo
Raw
Avatar of Tenma Tendo

Tenma Tendo King of Time

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Fei Tendo
-- Day One || Morning || The Mess Hall --

Fei waited patiently for the woman to get their schedules together, taking the time to eyes to materials on the table. Nothing necessarily caught his eye, but it was rather interesting to see only a few people be able to take care of so many things at once; maybe it was her secret power? The male doll hummed softly, his lips parting ever so slightly as his gaze shifted to the man next to nice woman. He kinda wishes he didn't.

The man's appearance was more than unsettling, enough to make the black haired boy gasp. Was he's a demon? A m-monster? Fei had no idea. He wanted to ask his sister, but she was still holding their seat. The boy frowned, moving a few steps away from the scary man. It was around that time that the kind woman gave him his schedules. Already feeling very nervous about the other man at the table, Fei received even worse news that brought his undead body to literal tears threatening to roll down his cheeks.
"H-How come...I-I can't...be with...E-Emilia..." He whimpered, referring to the cabin assignments. He hadn't comprehended that being different genders meant they couldn't share a room, despite not being related.

@candlelitcraft

Hidden 3 mos ago Post by candlelitcraft
Raw
GM
Avatar of candlelitcraft

candlelitcraft Assorted Princess Pieces

Member Seen 17 days ago


"We separate campers by their gender. Most parents prefer that, and the students too. While I understand that Emilia is your sister, Lilac opted not to bend the rules for that." Kalliphae said this as gently as she could.

She felt bad that this boarding situation was obviously worrying the new camper, and she understood how scary it could be here, especially if one was not around Leoh until this point. However, there was nothing within her power that she could do to help.

"Don't worry, I'm sure your roommate will be very nice," She tried to assure him, "And if you have any problems with him, let me or Lilac know, and we'll see what we can do about it."

@tenma tendo
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by shagranoz
Raw

shagranoz

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

Molly looked around at the assembled campers, but more importantly, the counselors. She didn't see anyone who stood out as being good at witchcraft, which left her kind of bummed. Sure, she'd learn some things just by being here, but the more the counselors knew, the more she would know.

It seemed that there were far more girls than boys here, which suited her just fine. She'd have plenty of prey, er, lovers to choose from. The redhead went up to get her schedule, wondering who she would be paired up with.

Hidden 3 mos ago Post by candlelitcraft
Raw
GM
Avatar of candlelitcraft

candlelitcraft Assorted Princess Pieces

Member Seen 17 days ago


Reimred sat at the plastic table like he was supposed to and waved hello to the returning campers he was friendly with. He had been handing out schedueles to those who appraoched the table, though he had been distracted, listening in to the conversation between Kalliphae and the tiny little kid who was upset that he wasn't sharing a dorm with his sister.

Reimred noticed a red-headed girl who he didn't recognize approach the table and moved to help her.

"Hey there, I'm Reimred. I'll grab your schedule for you. What's your name?" He asked, giving her his version of the friendly smile Lilac had perfected.

Honestly, he couldn't wait to be done orientating the new campers. He wanted to go say hi to the campers he was friends with and hear what they had been up to in the past year. He hoped that didn't show during his conversations with the newbies. He didn't want to scare them off or make them think the staff didn't care about them.

@shagranoz
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Tenma Tendo
Raw
Avatar of Tenma Tendo

Tenma Tendo King of Time

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Fei Tendo
-- Day One || Morning || The Mess Hall --

Fei lowered his head sadly at the woman's response. So it was impossible for them to share a room together? It was definitely unsettling to hear that he would have to share a room with a complete stranger, and there was nothing he could do about it. It was even worse for him since he couldn't sleep. Usually his sister would keep him company, but with a complete stranger that probably needed rest, he was spend the night alone...

Hearing the kind woman's reassurance, Fei nodded dejectedly, rubbing his eyes as he slowly turned and was just about to make his way back to his sister. Unfortunately for him, the black haired boy bumped right into the legs of another woman with beautiful red hair (yay, this time he was right!).
"H-Hm..." Making a noise as a way to apologize, Fei hurried back to Emilia, hoping she would know what to about the cabin assignments.

@candlelitcraft@shagranoz



Emilia Tendo
-- Day One || Morning || The Mess Hall --

"What's taking him so long? Emilia mumbled as she folded her arms. As she did so, the slightly taller figure of her brother was standing next to her. She could tell just by the look on his face that something was wrong. "What?" Fei shoved her schedule into her hands before taking a seat next to her. His body was shaking, creating an audible clatter every now and then. Well, obviously it had to do with the contents of the schedules of the cabin assignments, so why not take a look?

It only took a few seconds for Emilia to realize what was wrong.
"..." She was entirely silent. She knew that she would be okay being alone at night, but what about Fei? He needs her. "W-Well, it's okay. We'll still be close by. And if something happens, we can ask one of the counselors. Right?" Fei nodded meekly, clenching onto the green eyed girl's sleeve. They had to figure something out, or else Fei might not make it. Maybe meeting his roommate might help, but how would they know who that is?
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by medalliah
Raw
Avatar of medalliah

medalliah Magical

Member Seen 1 day ago

Alice opened her eyes, and spent a few more moments fiddling with the horrible 'bracelets' on her wrists. She knew she couldn't remove them, but still she gave it a try. Another sigh, as the inevitable happened and they stayed on. Looking at the lines, she realized she had better get her timetable and find out where she was staying.

I bet they give me a really lame roommate she rose, and slowly joined the line of people waiting for a timetable. Maybe she'd confront them about these unfair bracelet punishments. I'm hardly going to run off on my first day!

And so, she joined the line, looking pretty unhappy. Angry would be a better way of describing it in fact.

@candlelitcraft@Tenma Tendo@shagranoz
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by ineffable
Raw
Avatar of ineffable

ineffable The Illustrious (not really)

Member Seen 1 day ago

Keegan Christiano


Keegan sneaked a small smirk to himself, fangs glinting under the lights. He had originally didn't want to come here. There was no reason to anyway. Couldn't he have just stayed at home? He supposed not. He saw the line gathering and walked over to the end of it, sighing all the way. He noticed that the girl in front of him (@medalliah) also looked just as annoyed as he felt so he talked to her, lowly.
"Sucks huh?"

@candlelitcraft@Tenma Tendo@shagranoz
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by BilboTheGreat
Raw
Avatar of BilboTheGreat

BilboTheGreat I don't think through things, I never have time.

Member Seen 24 min ago

Natalie Mansfield


Natalie was sat near the back throughout the whole speech. She kept quiet, not really speaking to anybody. This wasn't because anyone had annoyed her, she was just very new to this whole thing and was finding it was a lot to take in. Here she was, sitting in a room full of Leoh that she didn't know existed just a month ago. It was quite overwhelming, and she was getting that tugging feeling in her stomach again. She ran her tongue over her fangs as the speech finished and she stood, going straight over to the counsellors so she could get what she needed.

She went over to the first one she saw that was free, a woman, and gave her most confident smile.
"Hello, my names Natalie Mansfield". She spoke, twiddling her thumbs as she spoke in her thick London accent.

@candlelitcraft
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by medalliah
Raw
Avatar of medalliah

medalliah Magical

Member Seen 1 day ago



@ineffable

Alice turned slowly to look at the one to spoke to her, arms still crossed and playing with the bracelets on her wrists - which almost looked like unlinked handcuffs. Some boy, taller than her and looking a little older than her. She sighed, and nodded. "Tell me about it" she replied, her accent slightly Scottish "they got you chained as well, or am I still the only one blessed with that?"
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by shagranoz
Raw

shagranoz

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

"I'm Molly. Witch, first summer here." There was the slightest hint of a drawl to her voice, something she couldn't quite shake. The young sorceress caught a glimpse of another camper, one with handcuffs, of all things. Great. We've got a little delinquent over here. The less I see of her, the better. Little did she know...
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by candlelitcraft
Raw
GM
Avatar of candlelitcraft

candlelitcraft Assorted Princess Pieces

Member Seen 17 days ago


Reimred nodded and grabbed her schedule. He handed it to her.

"Here you are. If you have any questions, feel free to ask." He gave her a smile.

@shagranoz
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by candlelitcraft
Raw
GM
Avatar of candlelitcraft

candlelitcraft Assorted Princess Pieces

Member Seen 17 days ago


Thelma smiled at the girl who approached the table, flashing her fangs. She could see how nervous this girl was and decided to do what she could to help. It was probably her first time around this many Leoh.

"Hey there, and welcome to Camp Remedy. I'm Thelma. Let me get your schedule for you. What's your name?"

@bilbothegreat
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by shagranoz
Raw

shagranoz

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

"Thanks for that. Let me see here... okay, I've got witchcraft classes with Tempest, and I'm bunkmates with Alice, whoever that is. Better find her first." She looked around, but there was no way of telling who was who. Gods, they really need to give us nametags at this point. It would certainly help immensely. "Excuse me, but is there a girl named Alice Michigan around here somewhere?"

@medalliah
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet