The new king of Bern stood proudly at the podium with the shining Emblem in hand. His coronation had been a success, and his words had struck the hearts of his people. Ambition and hope for a better future for his people that so long ago was shattered under the hammer of the Lycian league, spearheaded by the one named Roy. Roy Pendragon of Pherae. His name was praised by the people of Lycia, Sacae, Ilia, Etruria, even parts of the very ground the King owned, yet scorned by those that were loyal to his words. For he had been their beloved crown prince, and now their beloved king.
So vicious and venomous was his speech that any a man or woman even slightly friendly to those powers outside the borders of Bern shuddered with fear and worry for the world that is to come, and the cheers that bellowed from the loyalists' throats only made this worry worse. The day that the new King was elevated was also the day of a new beginning in the world of Elibe, and especially in these days of contemplacy, peace and, by extension, laziness by the Lycian and Etrurian nobility.
Words of his ascension and his ambitious and vicious speech has spread across the lands, and the people that are now bored with the status quo, the everlasting peace, rally to his words. Something exciting is finally about to happen. War means chance for glory. Glory means a better life for the commoner. And the commoners sought a life of opportunity.
Call it a wildfire as the speech spoke to the hearts of the youth around the world, promising a world of chance and excitement.
The youth of the world is now rallying to combat, and you as one of the many restless join in arms. Bring forth your desire for battle in this episodic Roleplay, which follows quite simple rules and, indeed, the Fire Emblem combat system as well. This means stats, growths and levelups are present in the RP.
As mentioned, this specific roleplay will follow an episodic pattern, meaning it is rather similar to that of a standard Fire Emblem playthrough. Battle scenes will be just that, a battle scene, and both prologue and epilogue to the episodes will also be roleplayed. In other words, there will be timeskips. This is to ensure both the Fire Emblem feel, but also more importantly the feeling of progress with every step taken. Call it an experiment by yours truly, though certainly I'm not the first to flirt with the idea.
As for rules, I am a fairly lenient person. A simple shortlist is however useful so here you have one you list-addicts.
- My activity is heavily brought down by real life, and as such I'm fully understanding to slow posters. My only requirement in this is minimum a post a week, though I encourage about three.
- This will be of an adult nature in the sense that both blood and guts will be described rather heavily, so as such you need to be prepared for fairly disgusting writings.
- This is a Fire Emblem RP. What belongs in such a game? Support conversations are one of the most loved mechanics in these games. In other words, Romance is not only accepted but encouraged, though the heavier side of such (sexual encounters and whatnot) is reserved to PMs. Sadly.
- Perma-death exists. If your character dies, consider it dead. However, there's no need to fret! Make a new character which will both be level and experience appropriate for the current stage, and you can continue. This is both to maintain the classic feel of Fire Emblem in both death and late-arrivals to the party! And yes, you're also free to make more characters or join mid-RP following this.
- GM and potential co-GMs have the final say, buuuut... I/we will not be super strict either.
- More may be added if I suddenly remember something I've forgotten, however I won't be a nazi regarding it all.
With that said, here will be the character sheet. The all-important tool for someone willing to participate in any RP, the tool necessary for progress and................ yeah, here it is!
Picture of Character
Name: First and Lastname of your character, self-explanatory
Title: If character is a noble, then elaborate ("High Marquess of Santacruz, son of Albert the Great") if your character is a commoner, then a more mundane nickname is to be chosen ("The Hawk")
Age: Above 18, below 25. This is the war of youth, however! If you wish your character to be a veteran, discuss it with me.
Class: What class does your character belong to? Early characters will be unpromoted save for one, the Jeigan-type, This list is useful for those fairly unknown to the available classes. Class List
Home: Are your character from Sacae, Ilia, Bern, Etruria or Lycia?
Equipment: What items do you have? At start you'll have a simple iron weapon/low-class magic tome, maybe with a vulnerary or something else.
Economy: At start, write 500 Gold here. All characters will have their own, personal bag of gold which can be used to purchase items.
Personality: How is your character? Short fuse, happy-go-lucky, etcetra. I'd also like it if you had an example paragraph of a typical post for this specific character, just to give us an idea of behavorial traits in action.
Alignment: Are your character holier than thou? Chaotically evil?
Simple description: What does your character wear? Anything that stands out, eye-catching perhaps? You need not dig in looks, as picture will reveal it anyways.
Level: What level are you at? At start, you're automatically level 1, at later points, consult me.
Basestats: Allocate points to the following stats. You have 45 points available at level 1, with 3 extra per level above (level 2: 48, level 3: 51 etcetcetc).
- Health Points:
Growths: Allocate the odds for levelups in the following stats. You have 360% available to allocate, or if you're promoted already you have 200%
- Health Points:
Name: Rolf Abungar
Title: The White Wolf
Equipment: Iron Blade, Vulnerary
Economy: 500 Gold
Personality: This brash youngster loves several things in life, all simple. Fighting, women and men, eating, drinking. That about sums him up. Despite his rather simple and mundane way of life, he still maintains a honorable belief which, admittedly, is rather challenging to actually see. He maintains himself as the warrior-type, but the view of suffering still pulls his heart strings.
- The howling wind's powerful breath dragged over the rough landscape, causing trees to quiver, houseroofs to shake and the late-summer dandelion seeds to fly. Rushing towards it was the young Rolf with his eerie glee, his heavy blade rustling in his grip, his feet pulling him across the field towards his prey. The lousy archer's arrows flew past him, and his grip on his bow seemed to grow ever-more panicky, as if staring straight into the eyes of a hungry wolf while counting down his time. And before a new arrow was readied, an earth-shattering slash slit his throat, the blood pulsing out of his carved throat. Another bandit dead, and a new damsel-in-distress saved.
- Health Points: 18
- Strength: 9
- Skill: 4
- Speed: 10
- Luck: 0
- Defense: 4
- Resistance: 0
- Health Points: 60%
- Strength: 65%
- Skill: 50%
- Speed: 60%
- Luck: 50%
- Defense: 60%
- Resistance: 15%