Hidden 2 mos ago 23 days ago Post by Kuro
Raw
GM
Avatar of Kuro

Kuro

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

P i d g e S p r i n g c o i l

The Hearty Wench
Tavern Table

It was time.

Throughout the past couple weeks, Pidge had been searching the local taverns and markets for fellow gnomes willing to join her on an adventure, and now, her troubles had paid off. Several gnomes sat before her, each with their own gear and ways of combat. Pidge would be lying if she didn't feel nervous, but who wouldn't be on their first ever adventure? Sure, getting hired to deal with some pesky goblins bothering nearby farmers wasn't exactly the same as going on some grand quest across the world to defeat the big bad evil or find some long lost relic, but it was something!

"So," Pidge spoke, turning to address the other gnomes sitting around the table. "Is everyone prepared? Are we ready to go?"
1x Like Like
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Kelewen
Raw
Avatar of Kelewen

Kelewen

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

"Are you kiddin'?! I was born ready for this!" Jip got up from his chair and, while he didn't draw the human sized short sword that he wore across his back like a great sword, he brandished an imaginary sword and lunged at an equally imaginary foe, obviously skewering his opponent.

He carefully placed his invisible weapon down and then lifted his mug of ale in a toast. "We'll kill them gobs dead, Pidge!" Then took a large swig.

1x Like Like
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by The Fated Fallen
Raw
Avatar of The Fated Fallen

The Fated Fallen Doesn't know what to put here

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Vhik-Clik punched the air, "Yeah! Adventure!" and her red eyes lit up with excitement. Finally, a chance to stretch her legs, test out her new bombs, and meet new people. Hopefully they'd all stumble upon some great inventor, or some incredible wizard who could turn her into a gnome. There was just one little nagging detail;

"Wait, we're fighting goblins?" she asked, showing an inkling of reluctance

No sooner had the words left her mouth did the horror of her situation dawn on her. Oh shoots! They'll notice me being sympathetic and think I'm a goblin! Quickly! Act cool!

"Ummm, not like that's a problem or anything. Yeah! Team Goblin slayers! I'm ready!" she said quickly, her heart racing with the lie.

Alright, now act casual. With that she went back to drinking her ale through a straw, confident that no-one was any the wiser and desperately trying not to react to her ever-eager companion's relish
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by HokumPocus
Raw
Avatar of HokumPocus

HokumPocus Y2K IS ETERNAL

Member Seen 3 days ago

Old Keebs raised a thick eyebrow at Jip and his buffoonery, and the mug of ale that was comparatively enormous compared to the rest of his body connected to his lips out of a habit of drinking whenever things got kooky. I mean, he would´ve probably turned himself into a drunken mess either way, but his companions were speeding up the process. Maybe.

"Oi, a real gnome´s gotta learn to fight with his fists just as well as when he´s got a sword!" Keebler proclaimed, with his fat head wobbling steadily in a circle. The small man attempted to climb onto the table but remembered his height and simply elected to fling his overweight body onto its surface, plopping onto the wood with a thud that made him seem like a sack of potatoes. A sack of disheveled, alcoholic potatoes. He stood up and spread his arms gloriously.

"Watch this! Hyaah!!"

Keebler threw himself down towards the ground in a body slam. Or more accurately, he attempted to but lost his balance and was slapped down by the forces of gravity and whatever gods were watching him from the skies, pointing and laughing. After a long pause of not moving or speaking, the other gnomes had realized that he had knocked himself unconscious.
1x Like Like
Hidden 1 mo ago 28 days ago Post by Inkarnate
Raw
Avatar of Inkarnate

Inkarnate A Clichéd Tsundere™

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

S e l c i D a z z l e c r a f t

The Hearty Wench
Tavern Table


“I’m as ready as a half-starved dwarf in an empty tavern!”

The excitement in Selci’s voice was unrelenting, almost like she was that exact dwarf in that exact tavern. She wasn’t drooling at the mouth, but there was a visible shine in her wide, almost innocent smile. Goblins, Trolls, Orcs, Barbarians, a Lich King -- she was ready for whatever was ahead. Adventure was right around the corner, after all. She cheered with Jip and Vhik (despite Vhik’s initial confusion at the quest) and snorted in amusement as Keeb had thrown himself to the floor. Though once she realized that Keeb wasn’t getting back up her smile dropped momentarily.

“Keeb? You okay?” She blinked. “Oh no. I think he’s fallen asleep.” A slight pause. “Wait. I have an idea.”

For a second she contemplated what to do to wake him up, before the simplest solution came to mind as she grabbed one of the ale-filled mug's on the table and subsequently dumped it on the old man's head. If the cold slosh of alcohol didn't work, well, she probably had a spell that would work. Probably.
1x Like Like 1x Thank Thank
Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by The Fated Fallen
Raw
Avatar of The Fated Fallen

The Fated Fallen Doesn't know what to put here

Member Seen 1 hr ago

V h i k - C l i k N o t - a - G o b l i n


Focusing on blending in as she was, Vhik-Click was caught relatively unawares by the old gnome's performance. She was practically engulfed by a small tidal wave as he sent almost all the drinks flying. The Not-a-Goblin came back up spluttering, red-faced and smelling awfully of ale; "Shoots!" she cried, looking for the silly Keebler, "I've a mind to knock you on the head-" her cursing was caught short when she noticed he'd done quite a good enough job of that himself.

There was a tangible moment when all gazed at the prone form of Mr. Hearth, expecting it to be a joke or something, but he remained quite still. "Is he dead?" Vee-See ventured, looking around for a stick to poke him with.

Thankfully Selci Dazzlecraft had the idea to throw an ale in his face, See how he likes it! Vee-See thought with vindication. Although she couldn't help but wonder why Selci hadn't just cast a spell, the Dazzlecraft name being famous amongst gnomes and synonymous with impressive arcane feats. Vee-See mentally shrugged, she'd never know how bardlings worked
Hidden 1 mo ago 30 days ago Post by HokumPocus
Raw
Avatar of HokumPocus

HokumPocus Y2K IS ETERNAL

Member Seen 3 days ago

There truly was no better solution to waking Keebler up than dousing him in alcohol. It was like a reminder aimed at his subconscious that it existed and was currently the only thing keeping him alive. He awoke in a mess of sputtering and grumbling, greedily licking his lips to take as much of it in as possible before his mind could even start forming coherent sentences again. It was a shame AA meetings didn´t exist in this world, as Keebler´s liver had reached the point where it could probably kill a dragon if one decided to eat him.

"Hngh... I´m alive... this ain´t hell?" mumbled Keebler. He wiped his face with his hands, realized what he was doing, and then proceeded to lick them. "That sure knocked me out for a wink, this body ain´t what it used to be."

He stood up and wobbled back towards his original seat. With luck, the other gnomes would simply not realize that he had failed in his attempt to show off. In his mind, this was a valid and intelligent strategy, and he even let out a self-congratulatory smirk. It ain´t easy bein´ the brains of this operation, he thought.
1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 23 days ago Post by Kuro
Raw
GM
Avatar of Kuro

Kuro

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

P i d g e S p r i n g c o i l

The Hearty Wench
Tavern Table

Pidge couldn't help but to laugh at the ruckus they had caused. Everyone was excited for their adventure; some more than others. Drinks had been sent flying, Keebler knocked himself unconcious during one of his dumb stunts–it was a grand time to be a gnome.

"Oi!" A voice shouted from behind the tavern counter. They had partied too hard; hard enough for the tavernkeep to get on their case. "What in the seven hells do you think you're doing? You're ruining a good drink and making a mess of me tavern!" He continued, roiling with anger at the ruckus. Mugs were spilled all over the ground, leaving sticky residue of beer and whatever alcohol the gnomes had ordered. It would certainly be a pain to clean up.

Looking to her companions, Pidge gave a nod and hopped down from her chair. "Last one out has to clean it up!" She proclaimed, running to the door as fast as her stubby and short legs could carry her.
1x Like Like
Hidden 21 days ago 21 days ago Post by The Fated Fallen
Raw
Avatar of The Fated Fallen

The Fated Fallen Doesn't know what to put here

Member Seen 1 hr ago

V h i k - C l i k N o t - a - G o b l i n


The Not-Goblin leapt up with haste, sparing not a single thought to the welfare of the barkeep or whoever might need to stay behind. It was fairly easy to keep pace with Pidge, given to Vee-See's scrawnier and ganglier legs, no scrubbing the floor for me!

Vhik-Clik ran straight into the street and was hit by a sudden chilly blast, made worse by her sodden clothes. Thank Molrok, the Goblin god of luck, she had chosen to wear a jumper today and not just her shirt. She put some consideration into lighting a bomb to warm herself up, but the last time she'd done that they'd gotten a guard afterwards to follow her around for 3 weeks until he got lost.

Instead she turned to her companion, "The name's Vhik-Clik Not-a-Goblin, and you must be Pidge, right?" Vee-See made as if to hug a greeting to the slightly shorter Gnome, hoping to steal a bit of body heat in the process
Hidden 16 days ago Post by Kelewen
Raw
Avatar of Kelewen

Kelewen

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

J i p O b b l e l f o m s



Jip quickly drained the rest of his drink, slammed the empty mug down on the table and hurried after the others, excited to get down to the business of slaying goblins.

"Alright ladies," Jip said to Pidge and Vee-See. "These gobs gotta have a lair somewheres, right? Anyone got tracking skills? I say we hit 'em in the middle of the day when they're mostly sleeping."

He brushed his hands together, as if the job was already done.
Hidden 13 days ago Post by Inkarnate
Raw
Avatar of Inkarnate

Inkarnate A Clichéd Tsundere™

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

S e l c i D a z z l e c r a f t

The Hearty Wench
Tavern Table


As Keebler still seemed dazed (and rather confused) Selci smiled widely and gave a cheerful reply in reference to Pidge’s proclamation that whoever was last would have to clean up the mess. “Good luck with the mess!”

The bard was quick to follow Jip and Pidge out of the tavern’s doors. One part of it being excitement to get to adventuring and the other part being that she honestly didn’t want to clean up anything. Fun was her forte and cleaning up after her or anyone else was the opposite of fun. Her name was Selci Dazzlecraft, not Selci Janitorcraft, after all. Leaving Keebler to clean up felt like a kind of pyrrhic victory anyway considering the old dotting gnome had been boasting since she had met him and Selci found it amusing whenever his boasting turned into old man whining.

As she exited the building, Jip appeared to be speaking to the other two members of the group. About the Goblin's lair.

“I didn’t know goblin-types slept during the day. But nobody taught me stories about goblins, because, well, there are no stories about goblins worth telling, I guess.”
Hidden 11 days ago 11 days ago Post by HokumPocus
Raw
Avatar of HokumPocus

HokumPocus Y2K IS ETERNAL

Member Seen 3 days ago

Keebler´s underdeveloped and decaying brain registered the tavernkeep´s hostility and jolted his pathetic excuse of a body awake with the power of misplaced anger. Why was the man so keen on shouting up a storm when Keebler, in a move of efficiency and intelligence, had licked up most of the spilled ale? In the time it took him to formulate this rationalization for his never-ending rage, however, the rest of the gnomes had left him in the dust to deal with the mess. His thick eyebrows crumpled into an angry mess.

"Why I oughtta!..." he wasn´t sure what he would do exactly, but it sure felt good to scream. He ran off as well, despite the keep´s raging in the background. In times like this, it was like his body had a separate energy reserve for escaping from the consequences of his poor decisions, and the man was out of the tavern in a wink, like a blurry blob of fat and hatred.

He noticed the others were far ahead of him, and to make matters worse, more physically inclined. Or to be more accurate, they were just less physically disadvantaged than he was. His fury turned to desperation as he realized he´d need their help.

"Oi!"

"Wait up!!!"
Hidden 10 days ago 10 days ago Post by Kuro
Raw
GM
Avatar of Kuro

Kuro

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

P i d g e S p r i n g c o i l

The Hearty Wench
Tavern Table

Pidge had been caught off guard, mostly due to the chilly blast of air and the sudden hug from Vhik-Clik. "A-Ah, yes, that's me. Pidge Springcoil, at your service!" Her hand went upwards, giving off an awkward salute to the goblin gnome.

When Jip spoke up, however, Pidge realized that they hadn't thought up a battle plan. The gnome proposed that they should strike them while the goblins were sleeping, though Selci brought doubt to that statement. Reaching into her pockets, Pidge pulled forth the bounty letter, and read off the more important sections of the bounty to the group.

"Well, the bounty says that a group of nearby farmers are having trouble with the goblins. Maybe we should talk to them first? See if they have an idea where the goblins are coming from. Sound good?"
Hidden 5 days ago Post by Inkarnate
Raw
Avatar of Inkarnate

Inkarnate A Clichéd Tsundere™

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

S e l c i D a z z l e c r a f t

The Hearty Wench
Outside


The mission seemed as plain as day. A few goblins had been disturbing some farmers and a group of adventurers needed to solve it. To locate the goblin’s den they would’ve needed to whatever village that called for help in the first place, so it wasn’t like they couldn’t go with the direct approach first. Selci just hoped they wouldn’t run into trouble on the way to the farm. The roads that spanned rural communities often was a spot for highwaymen to pretty on unsuspecting merchants and adventurers, and that wasn’t considering the thought of goblin ambushes or other such things. There could’ve been trouble before they even reached the village.

Though, unlike others she wasn't itching for a fight, so she hoped it would be smooth sailing to the farming community.

“How far away is this village of farmers?”
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet