1 Guest viewing this page
Hidden 12 days ago Post by CollectorOfMyst
Raw
GM
Avatar of CollectorOfMyst

CollectorOfMyst

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

So, for future reference; if I end a post in a variation of ‘What would you like to do?’ or ‘Is there something you’d like to do?’, etcetera, this is an indication to please let me know in the OOC first. I won’t expressly say no to anything unless it defies all logic (i.e., I stab Sebastian), in which case you... need to explain to me why you’re gonna stab one of the characters that you are going to be paid for keeping him alive. You can do so in private messages or in OOC, just explain. Or else I’ll veto it. If you’re going to be murder hobos, at least be deep murder hobos.

The reason behind this is that whatever you do could provoke an immediate response from another character, be it NPCs, or your fellow players. In future, a chain of these might just result in us using google docs or something to write a collab.
2x Like Like
Hidden 11 days ago Post by DTHar
Raw

DTHar

Member Seen 39 min ago

hey everyone, might take me a couple of days to get a proper answer. im kinda sickish and under. Sorry for delays. dont wait up! il catch up on ya.
2x Like Like
Hidden 10 days ago Post by Eleven
Raw
Avatar of Eleven

Eleven things are strange

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Rhaeyla would probably want to pick a flower to press (which, uh, here's hoping there's nothing too suspicious about them out-of-climate flowers, haha) and do like a speed paint of the view, if there's time. What is everyone else doing?
Hidden 10 days ago Post by CollectorOfMyst
Raw
GM
Avatar of CollectorOfMyst

CollectorOfMyst

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

I’ve spoken to Drake; I know what he’s doing. I’m going to work that into my next post.
Hidden 10 days ago 10 days ago Post by Tangletail
Raw
Avatar of Tangletail

Tangletail Keyboard Knight

Member Seen 16 min ago

The Kobold would certainly be interested in sampling the wine. Not so much the fruit...

Or at least seeing the process.
Hidden 10 days ago Post by CollectorOfMyst
Raw
GM
Avatar of CollectorOfMyst

CollectorOfMyst

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

@Tangletail You see no wine, only fruit trees.
Hidden 9 days ago Post by Tangletail
Raw
Avatar of Tangletail

Tangletail Keyboard Knight

Member Seen 16 min ago

@CollectorOfMyst

You mean wine doesn't grow on trees? *Sad kobold noises*

But I meant if they take a moment to stop, He'd be interested in seeing how the wine was made.
Hidden 9 days ago Post by CollectorOfMyst
Raw
GM
Avatar of CollectorOfMyst

CollectorOfMyst

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

@Tangletail It does, just hidden behind plant matter.
No sign of any buildings nearby. Not on the path, at least. If Vaal wants to stop and smell the roses, though, he's welcome to.

@Eleven You can pick any number of flowers - though they seem to be mostly mundane, I'll tell you that. Any more info requires you to roll a nature or arcana check. Cassandra will discourage you from drawing, though, if you start to (I can tell you exactly what she says if you'd like), because that would still take far too long. I've been looking through my XGtE, though, so I'll be sending you info on what exactly you can do with your painter's supplies.


If that's all you two have planned, you can go ahead with it. This should only be a short post, I'll say. Sebastian and Cassandra want to get to their destination.

EDIT: ALSO, I have a laptop again! It got here faster than anticipated! So yay!
1x Like Like
Hidden 9 days ago Post by Vertigo
Raw
Avatar of Vertigo

Vertigo Mulberry Murder

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Congrats on the laptop!

As for what Caw will do, he'll likely just gawk at the sight, trying to commit it to memory - and listen for any unique sounds there might be, such as wind rustling the leaves or the sound of ripe fruit falling. Speaking of, he might also go and reach for some of those fruit. Especially the ones he doesn't recognize, since he's curious. Might try a check of some sort to see how many he recognizes? He might have read about some of them in the wizard's study.

Hidden 9 days ago Post by CollectorOfMyst
Raw
GM
Avatar of CollectorOfMyst

CollectorOfMyst

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

@Vertigo That'd be a nature check to identify the fruit. As for reaching for the fruit, how does Caw grab it?
Hidden 9 days ago 9 days ago Post by Vertigo
Raw
Avatar of Vertigo

Vertigo Mulberry Murder

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

I assumed there'd be some on the ground or hanging on low enough branches; if not, he'd probably try to climb a tree (or jump up and down to reach, though he's quite useless at that with those legs I'd imagine) since he'd be too ashamed to ask for help. Someone might notice and give a hand, though, if they'd like!

... Also Considering I rolled a nat 1 on that nature check, I'm guessing Caw has some trouble recognizing even apples.

Edit: Oh, wait, forgot to add my modifiers, not that it changes the nat 1 any. (It'll be 3, in total.)
Hidden 9 days ago Post by Tangletail
Raw
Avatar of Tangletail

Tangletail Keyboard Knight

Member Seen 16 min ago

I assumed there'd be some on the ground or hanging on low enough branches; if not, he'd probably try to climb a tree (or jump up and down to reach, though he's quite useless at that with those legs I'd imagine) since he'd be too ashamed to ask for help. Someone might notice and give a hand, though, if they'd like!

... Also Considering I rolled a nat 1 on that nature check, I'm guessing Caw has some trouble recognizing even apples.

Edit: Oh, wait, forgot to add my modifiers, not that it changes the nat 1 any. (It'll be 3, in total.)


Or maybe he just doesn't have the words for apple. So he describes them as crunchy red balls.
Hidden 8 days ago Post by Tangletail
Raw
Avatar of Tangletail

Tangletail Keyboard Knight

Member Seen 16 min ago

I assumed there'd be some on the ground or hanging on low enough branches; if not, he'd probably try to climb a tree (or jump up and down to reach, though he's quite useless at that with those legs I'd imagine) since he'd be too ashamed to ask for help. Someone might notice and give a hand, though, if they'd like!

... Also Considering I rolled a nat 1 on that nature check, I'm guessing Caw has some trouble recognizing even apples.

Edit: Oh, wait, forgot to add my modifiers, not that it changes the nat 1 any. (It'll be 3, in total.)


The Kobold will be nice. He'll get a few fruit down from the tree for him.
Hidden 7 days ago Post by Vertigo
Raw
Avatar of Vertigo

Vertigo Mulberry Murder

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Heh, he hasn't heard anyone say "apple" in a while, so all he can do is make crunchy sounds and hope someone catches on.

The Kobold will be nice. He'll get a few fruit down from the tree for him.

He would appreciate that muchly. Now, er, how does the Kobold get the fruit down? Climbing? Blasting the tree with magic?

Is anyone planning to post soon, by the way? I was thinking of waiting for a few people to go first (Eleven at least!) since I was the last poster before the update.

Hidden 7 days ago Post by CollectorOfMyst
Raw
GM
Avatar of CollectorOfMyst

CollectorOfMyst

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

@Tangletail@Vertigo

Sebastian will remember that.
Cassandra will remember that.

(Technically, taking the fruit is theft - Sebastian did say that the orchards were owned by somebody. Sebastian and Cassandra disapprove, and will voice this disapproval, but they will not stop you if you want to continue. At this point, they care only about getting to the city.)

Also, does Vaal want to cast Mage Armour again, or will he wait?
Hidden 7 days ago 7 days ago Post by Vertigo
Raw
Avatar of Vertigo

Vertigo Mulberry Murder

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Ah, right. I did initially think it technically would be, but wasn't sure if taking a single fruit would be negligible enough. Either way, Caw likely won't think about the legality of it. Partly because he doesn't yet fully grasp the concept of someone owning the trees, partly because of his sticky fingers and habit of reaching for things he likes before even realizing he's done so.

He'll be surprised but very apologetic once the two voice their disapproval, though. Especially because he specifically promised not to steal, yet here he was.

Watch him vehemently try to "put the fruit back"; aka try to stick it back into the branch he got it from and get increasingly distressed when it doesn't stick.
Hidden 7 days ago Post by Eleven
Raw
Avatar of Eleven

Eleven things are strange

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@CollectorOfMyst Rhaeyla got a 13 for her nature check. Does any specific flower stick out to her, perhaps?

And btw, yay, would appreciate some info about tools! I'd been trying to look up what things could be done with the Painter's Supplies, but couldn't scrounge up much.

@Vertigo Working on a post! Sorry for the delay, been a bit busy recently. Also d'aww, Rhaeyla knows it's futile but she will do her darndest to help Caw if he does attempt that.
Hidden 7 days ago Post by Vertigo
Raw
Avatar of Vertigo

Vertigo Mulberry Murder

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

No worries at all! I can definitely sympathize with getting busy.

Aww, he'd be taken aback by the help and try to explain in whatever words he can what he's trying to do there. Now I need to make it happen...
Hidden 7 days ago Post by CollectorOfMyst
Raw
GM
Avatar of CollectorOfMyst

CollectorOfMyst

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

@Eleven Perfectly fine to be busy, I constantly am. No one flower really sticks out, but they're very well taken care of. Also technically you could help by 'healing' the tree... just thought I'd say that's possible.
Hidden 7 days ago Post by CollectorOfMyst
Raw
GM
Avatar of CollectorOfMyst

CollectorOfMyst

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

@Vertigo So... I got stuck in a Pinterest vortex, and I found this.



It's not quite leather armour, but would this fit Caw?
↑ Top
1 Guest viewing this page
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet