• Model: Knight • Style: Sword • Armaments: 2x Energy Sabers. • Drive 1: [Charged Claws] Claws on the hands can be charged with energy causing them to glow and increasing their damage output. • Drive 2: [Saber Overcharge] A temporary increase of the damaging potential of the energy sabers visually making their blades appear more jagged and longer. • Overdrive Ability: Booster jets expend an extra burst of power; sending the Gearframe flying in any direction with great speed; allowing them to evade even some of the fastest of attacks.
• Background: Shotaro had always idolized the Gearfame pilots and wanted to be one for as long as he could remember. Building models of them as a boy he eventually got to go to his dream school and has done everything he can to exceed the expectations set for him given his background as an orphan. He had managed to land a scholarship through a simulation program and good test scores. Now he is driven to be the best he can be in his second year wanting nothing more than to change the landscape of the school and make a splash. • Other: Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tn5g2pF5PU
✣ Overdrive Ability: As per all Bishops, the Desperado pools all residual energy together to reset all drive cooldowns. Such power is deadly in the correct hands and battle strategem.
• First Drive [Wendigos]: The high-caliber bullets used by the Desperado's main firearms become laced with a special powdery material. Upon impact, these new shells will explode with temperatures below zero, leaving in their wake massive structures and juts of ice. These hold a variety of usage such as weighing other machines down or gradually causing internal damage from the cold. When activated, the Desperado gains 12 of these special bullets, 6 each for one pistol.
• Second Drive [Cocytus]: When activated, a pale mist emanates from the Desperado's wings and legs. In moments, the battlefield becomes shrouded in this mist with the Desperado as its epicenter, acting as a means of concealment by the machine. Those trapped in this 5 mile radius experience increasingly lowering temperatures; prolonged exposure will eventually form crystals of ice on the opponent's machine, further incapacitating them. Currently, the Desperate's time frame for this ability is a duration of exactly 2 minutes.
• Third Drive [Helhath]: The ports located in each of the Desperado’s arms and legs release, launching a volley of missiles at the opponent. While some detonate as regular explosives, others will freeze objects completely on contact, making their targets easier to shatter through brittle protection and force. These different missile types are appropriately color-coded; blue-tipped for freezing and red-tipped for explosives.
✣ Background: For as long as Rhine could remember, there has always been an instinctual desire for battle that laid dormant in her chest. Like an iceberg freely floating helplessly in a dark ocean, the desire to be the best at all she could do drew her to certain activities and niches. Unfortunately, despite these ambitions, she could never find her talent. Studies bored her, extracurricular activities felt like a chore, and even sports were a flatline when she failed to ever win anything. It was only during Gearframe battle that she found something she not only enjoyed but was good at.
Time passed and soon enough she abandoned trying at all other aspects of life that weren’t Gearframe battle. Her grades were kept to just barely passable to keep from completely flunking out but social cues and others were nothing more but a distraction to her. Soon enough, she’d come to complete her skills in Gearframe battle, almost to the point of an artform. By choice or chance, she ended up in GSR, a school practically devoted to Gearframes and the virtual world.
Her goal was clear enough; obviously the Purple Ravens hailed to be the strongest of the strong and so that was where her future lied. Indeed, even now she continues to play for their team, nothing short of absolute victory all that she can see in sight. Even among the already high-brow Faction, she’s become somewhat of a talking point if only for her behavior. Much like their leader, she’s found enjoyment in playing solo and keeping distant from others.
• Name: Chris Hoshino • Faction: Green Snakes • Callsign: Gear Aegis • Age: 17 years • Background: Chris is an exchange student from the cold regions of Northern Europe. She came to Gwenton for a very simple reason: She's a deep lover of Gearframes. As the lead institution around the world for all matter related to Gears, it was only natural that Chris would give her all to get in the academy.
While she loves Gears with every fiber of her being and is an excellent fight in her own right, her real talents don't lay in fighting for fighting's sake. She's a builder, an expert engineer who can apply her knowledge to a make a number of adjustments to her machine even in the middle of the raging flames of war. This expertise is also well applied to repairs, making her a well-rounded contender in any engagement.
Her ambitions are clear as well: To become a full-fledged Gear engineer. That's why she always does her best, sometimes even pulling spending a whole to work on her projects. Her aim is to get the highest score possible in any competition she faces, only then Chris can be sure that she'll catch the eyes of GSR and be allowed to pursue her dream.
• Model: Bishop • Style: Shield • Armaments: Beam Rifle and Energy Saber • Drive 1 [A-Bits]: A set of support funnels that can be used for ranged attacks and, when paired in groups of at least 3, project defensive shields. Currently, the Aegis can create and control 24 of these. • Drive 2 [V-Boost]: Drain energy from the Aegis' shields to power up other systems. • Drive 3 [H-Drones]: Repair drones capable of healing most damage to the Aegis' systems as well as its allies. • Overdrive Ability: Residual energy pool together to reset all drive cooldowns. • Other: Theme:
✣ Name: Michio ✣ Callsign: Ronin ✣ Age: 15 ✣ Faction: Purple Ravens. I mean, that's the faction everybody picks when they haven't actually ever talked to a faction leader? ✣ Model: Pawn ✣ Style: Sword ✣ Armaments: High-Frequency Daisho and Bow with Magnetic Incendiary Arrows
✣ Overdrive Ability: On board backup systems repair all damage to this Gearframe, making it fit for combat without delay. The default ability, Michio hopes he can upgrade it to also restock his arrows.
• First Drive [Wandering Warrior]: The Ronin can instantly teleport within reach of itself, or within reach of a targeting beacon, of which it has one in each of its swords.
✣ Background: Michio lived life for some time as a 'mob character'. He had his place in the world, but he did not shine through. Still, that didn't matter too much to him. Exploring the virtual world and Gearframe battles though, has given him a bit of a taste for the flashy though. He's quite enjoying it, and wants to play the role of the try hard to see if he can make a Pawn work.
Michio is a "member" of the Purple Ravens with emphasis on the quotation marks. He's never really interacted with them much other than to idly sign up as a solo member. Michio has never met the leader or Queen, nor found their public base. He joined via a DM and that has been the beginning and the end of his interaction with them. It's the faction for loners, it seems. Who needs pay attention to one little pawn?
• Model: Knight • Style: Sword • Armaments: Palm Cannons Palm mounted cannons mainly used for supplying a steady stream of power to the Perdition sabres. Can also be used for devastating short-ranged attacks. Perdition sabre Mk II A powerful energy blade that is able to extend its length several times for both melee and ranged attacks. Rather than an external power cable, the sabre’s energy comes from the palm mounted cannons. • Drive 1: [Siphoning Matrix] Passive effect: Whenever the unit makes contact with his opponent, either through attacking or being attacked at melee range, it will siphon some of their energy to power its own systems, gradually increasing its performance in movement and shielding.
Active effect: The unit unleashes the absorbed energy through a single whirlwind attack with its blade, causing a large shockwave of destructive energy in a spherical radius around the unit. After the initial attack, the unit's Perdition blades are temporarily empowered for the next few attacks, allowing them to cut and pierce through enemy defenses before returning to its normal power level.
• Drive 2: [Disruption Pulse] Unleashes a far-reaching wave of disruptive energy that temporarily jams enemies targeting systems and overheats ranged weapons, forcing them to rely on close-ranged attacks. This ability can be recharged at a faster rate when siphoning energy from opponents. • Overdrive Ability: Booster jets expend an extra burst of power; sending the Gearframe flying in any direction with great speed; allowing them to evade even some of the fastest of attacks.
• Background: Kaizen was a delinquent who secretly ran underground battleframe fight clubs. At first, the only motivation he had for fighting was for the money as he came from a financially challenged background but pretty soon he grew a passion for this gladiatorial sport. He eventually left that life due to the lackluster opponents and absence of standards to pursue more legally safe options. Despite his questionable past activities, his skill in battleframe combat is undeniable. Seeing as it was one of the few things he was actually talented at, Kaizen decided to enroll in a school where he can pursue his passion to his heart’s content, the GSR. His old self would have joined the Purple Ravens without hesitation, however he seems to think that joining the underdog faction of the Green Snakes will prove to be a much more interesting experience. Theme: