Elizabeth “Eliza” ThorntonAge:
Bisexual with heterosexual tendenciesRelationship Status:
Training assistant at a dojo
Short ginger curlsEyes:
Freckled and paleAppearance:
Eliza is lean and long-legged with a bob that flares around her head like a lion’s mane. Her skin is freckled, with a beauty mark above her lips. It seems, she has an eternal resting bitch face which pairs awkwardly with her usual tracksuits and exercise-clothes.
Exercising, as it’s the only that keeps her sane. Chocolate buttons because who doesn’t like chocolate. Yellow, it’s a happy color. Dogs and children, they are so impressionable and happy. Horror movies, perfect comedy. Chinese food, it’s cheap and yummy. Krav Maga.Dislikes:
Any kind of gambling as life is already a gamble. Sitting still for too long. Drugs. Losing.Positive Traits:
Bold, clever, spirited, good-listener, fearlessNegative Traits:
Blunt, loud, uneasy, stingy, easily-boredPerfect Date: “Eating french bread and cheese in the park and sharing with the birds. And then having to run for our lives because geese are bastards and want everyone to die. Or! Or, maybe we go thrift-shopping together or raid a gas station and eat snacks and watch our favourite films together.” Worst Date: “A fancy ass restaurant with a bill that’s double my monthly rent. Anything too high pressure is out the door.”Skills:
- Time and money management
- Anything physical. She’s got great endurance and runs like hell. Marathons, mountain climbing, krav maga are her main interests.
- Listening. Despite seeming like she can’t sit down most of the time, she’ll sit down to listen to your worries
- Pulling all-nighters.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Born to her parents, who quarrelled and hated each other more than life itself
- In middle school, her parents divorced and she chose to live with her father
- Started doing Krav Maga in order to cope with her anxiety and new-found anger issues. The dojo she started going to became her second family
- Started going out with her first (and only) love, Donny, in high school
- After graduating, moved into an apartment with her high school sweetheart, Donny.
- Started to go to University for nutrition
- With the both of them being gym rats, Donny got into steroids and then heavier drugs. She tried to help him through his addiction
- Donny ODed two years later, after trying to quit and relapsing
- She moved back home and dropped out of university
- Currently, lives with her sister and tries to keep active
The Story Beep. Beep. The time is 4:45 a.m. Beep. Be-
Eliza slammed her alarm robot’s button. The little robot stopped abruptly and began to scurry away, leaving her all by herself.
It was dark and for a moment, she considering snuggling up in her feather comforter and forgetting her morning run. Forgetting that she’d feel like shit when she woke up a few hours later. But she didn’t. She couldn’t. Some things are meant to be sacred and done no matter what. This happened to be one of them.
Throwing her blanket off of herself, she grounded her feet on the floor and began to get ready. She always slept horribly anyways. It didn’t matter if she tried to sneak in a few more hours.
It was 6 by the time she was back home. She tried to keep it this way, with only an hour to run. She knew she could probably start running and never stop-- not until she died. Only when you're sweating and your shoes are slapping against the pavement can you leave all of your problems behind. Only then.
She took a cold shower and settled at the dining table at 6:15. Her life was the same routine day in and day out. After all, her therapist had recommended consistency in order to help her cope and Eliza could never tell when how much was too much.
Selene, her half-sister, and her brother-in-law, Jakob, quickly joined her. They were a perfect couple. TAP had put them together. Eliza never knew what to say to them. It was like they were on a different perfect people plane of existence and she wasn’t invited. But she wanted to be invited. She wanted to be perfect. Eliza wanted the perfect partner with perfect kisses and a house with a spare room where an idiot she is somehow related to stays. She wanted it. So bad.
But she knew it didn’t exist. That she could never fit into their perfect person club, but she wanted to try anyway.“I was thinking about doing TAP.”
Selene looked up. The two of them looked nothing alike, despite sharing half of their blood. Selene had dark eyes and dark hair that made her seem like some kind of human oreo. Eliza was a baby carrot-- cute but didn’t taste even half as sweet.
“Really? I think that would be amazing for you.
” Selene’s face lit up and she kissed and squeezed Jakob’s hand. Jakob only nodded in approval. He didn’t like Eliza.“Yeah. I figure it’s time. To move on. Clearly, I can’t choose any romantic partners myself. Must be genetic.”
She laughed even though it made her chest hurt. Ever since Donny died, she couldn’t manage a second date with anyone. It was the same with her mom, though her mom never lost anyone like that.
“I’m proud of you.
Eliza let herself smile.