1 Guest viewing this page
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by The Harbinger of Ferocity
Raw
Avatar of The Harbinger of Ferocity

The Harbinger of Ferocity Aspect of the Ferine

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

"Good," The gravely snarl replied as the bestial frame drew close, not once lumbering or awkward despite is scale. "We should find the rest of them... and put an end to them as well.

It was then the weretiger neared the bow-bearing priestess, sword resting comfortably in the grasp of a hand. While it did not turn to listen to the old seabound druid, a single ear kept on him for the time being, drinking in the advice that was given. There was to be no disagreement from the transformed huntsman, it could not hunt a trap, it could not kill a trap, it would do little in receipt or gratification for its purpose to worry about them. So they were best avoided where possible and destroyed where need be, which surely from their past experiences was the wisest option. The ear flicked back as the hungering maw drew in another breath of the stale, dusty cave. Not yet could it taste the enemy and it hoped, urged for that to not be much longer.

If there was nothing to be left for them among the enemy that could fight, those that would need answer for their deeds against Greenest and the givings of the world around them, then all that would remain was the proposed eggs. Which would be destroyed and destroyed swiftly the moment it became opportune. It mattered only if there was anything left for them to deal with first and the anticipation was becoming trying.


@Hekazu@Ryonara@Zverda@Lucius Cypher@Norschtalen
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Armed and ready Orchid follows Kyra to the southern tunnel, following close behind in the event of trouble. However when all they find is s ladder, Orchid seemed somewhat disappointed. Mainly because he was hoping for stairs. Ladders are a tactically poor place to fight from. That being said, there was a faint amount of light coming in. A room above? That gave Orchid an idea as he whispered to the party. "Cut, take rope. Bad guys can't use ladder, save for later. Go east, break eggs, come back. Good plan yeah?" Orchid said with a smile. He thinks this is an excellent plan.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Ryonara
Raw
Avatar of Ryonara

Ryonara

Member Seen 5 days ago

Following up the rest the party reached the end of the hall with a rope ladder. It must’ve gone up, but just where exactly Parkin wasn’t entirely certain. She vaguely remembers a few rooms they didn’t fully explore previously, so this ladder could lead towards them. It was obviously some form of secret entrance considering there was what appeared to be some sort of carpet covering it, so Parum made a mental note that the party would need to be careful coming out. They could either surprise whoever is in there, or get caught in an ambush themselves.

”Good idea Orchid. Cut the rope and we’ll come back for this later.” Parum let a few sparks of magic escape her finger tips. She could still use some minor mending magic so fixing the rope won’t be an issue.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Hekazu
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hekazu

Hekazu Cleric to Dice Gods

Member Seen 1 hr ago

This direction didn't seem to serve much purpose, and so the only find they made here was soon subjected to the half-orc's machete, the rope ladder being cut at its supporting points on the sides, making it a notably one way chute down from the height of thirty feet, the bottom of the remaining ladder difficult if not impossible to reach now from the floor of the space they were in. This was safe enough, the adventurers determined and turned around, focusing their attentions on the opposite direction of this little passage instead, passing once again the carcass of the winged kobold and the chest of treasure within the ornate chamber.

This next area they would descend the stairs into was large enough for some of its shady corners to be even out of reach of those with darkvision or sources of light on their person. Here on the Northern side of the room, to the left from the perspective of the adventurers, opened up an elevated observation area, whereas far in the distance to the back one could, just barely, make out an edge that marked a sharp descent. Yet more interesting was the large area to the right of them, down from the observation zone they were approaching. Another wide ledge marked the drop into another pit area, from whence most of the echoing sounds of dripping water came from, stalactites in the ceiling being the obvious cause of this. It was warm in this room.

Yet once more the signs of the cult having done its work here were visible as one looked towards the middle of the platform, where another caged off set of stairs descended down below, a key hanging from a peg on the wall just opposite of it. Aside from the bars though, not much could be discerned of the cult's presence, other than several dark stains upon the floor. Whatever those be. Yet here appeared to be where the party struck gold: Down the ledge, in the darkness below, three feet tall oval shaped objects stood among the rocks. Perhaps they had found what they came looking for?

@Zverda@Ryonara@Lucius Cypher@Norschtalen@The Harbinger of Ferocity
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Norschtalen
Raw
Avatar of Norschtalen

Norschtalen

Member Seen 1 day ago

With nothing else left to do at this end, Kyra would lead the party back to the dragon room, and there lead them towards the corridor they didn't take, which would likely lead to the dragon eggs itself. Kyra had her bow and arrows at the ready, careful to prod the ground, walls, and even ceiling with her bow for any kobold traps. Soon they'd reach a cave that had a heavy scent of water, and somewhere in the darkness Kyra could vaguely make out the shape of eggs. She raised her hand to halt her allies and got low to the ground, scanning the area for hostiles. There was no way to know what was in here guarding the eggs, but she was certain there was something. Either kobolds who retreated here to let Cyanwrath and his men fight, or possibly something worse. Either way, Kyra didn't plan to risk her or the other's life as she quietly spoke of her plan.

"I believe I can see the eggs from where I'm at, or a silhouette at least. I don't know what else is in here but no sense in running into danger. Allow me to just shoot them full of arrows; all I need to do is crack one open, and that will surely kill any dragon inside, if the arrows themselves don't do it. I'll need the rest of you to watch the area around me in case there is something else here protecting the eggs."

Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Ryonara
Raw
Avatar of Ryonara

Ryonara

Member Seen 5 days ago

"Sounds like a good idea to me. Though let's be careful as well, I'm sure if there's anything guarding these eggs, they'll notice us quickly." Uncertain if what Parum was seeing was actually the eggs or not, she set down her viol and sheathed her rapier to take out the sling she had taken off some of the dead kobolds. She remembered practicing these with her parents, a sort of traditional halfling weapon. She never really liked it though, too rustic for her tastes. Picking up a stone from the cave floor, Parum slung it towards the oval shapes. She heard it bounce off, uncertain of how much damage she did, but certain that she accomplished something at least. "Few more like that and we should be able to break the eggs and complete one part of the mission." Parum said quietly.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Orchid see's the group shooting into the darkness. He could barely make out the shapes of what they're shooting at, but he didn't want to risk getting in anyone's way. Sheathing his machete, he instead takes out his javelin and creeps forward a bit, keeping his eyes out for any other dangers. There has to be something guarding this room, he just knows it. "Orchid watch for danger. Work fast friends."
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by The Harbinger of Ferocity
Raw
Avatar of The Harbinger of Ferocity

The Harbinger of Ferocity Aspect of the Ferine

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

As the first salvo of attacks bounced harmlessly off the shells of the eggs, the aspirant of the moon's domain heaved a breath of annoyance; the hand that bore the sword tightened, straining the leather and steel. A second attempt upon it would be waited out but after? There would be no choice but to press onward and downward, meaning into a likely awaiting trap. It was not the trap that the pale beast feared, it was not its creators either, but rather the fact that it meant going into one headlong without knowing what was there. Whiskers twitching slightly and drinking in the still red-touched atmosphere, the exhaled growl that followed carried with it this perceived annoyance.

"Try again." It said, starving jowls parting to utter the words to which both women beside it could tell were laced with frustration. Not at them, it was clear it had all the patience in the world for their efforts in this - the eggs must be destroyed after all - rather it would be a matter that needs another approach on failure. Each and every route they had encountered thus far felt the same in that sense and the transformed man could not rest, could not sleep, until either the enemy felled the paladin in battle or it killed enough of them to sate its animal desire.

Instead, with eyes that could pierce darkness, nose and ears attuned to subtle differences, did it try to see if they had missed something be it in the alcove they acted from or the passage leading down...


@Hekazu@Ryonara@Zverda@Lucius Cypher@Norschtalen
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Hekazu
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hekazu

Hekazu Cleric to Dice Gods

Member Seen 1 hr ago

The first attempts at the assault had not been as notable upon the man sized objects in the dark, but they had had an effect. Something to further prove the fact that an effect had been had was already stirring there in the dark, out of sight of those who lacked the eyes to see into the deep recesses, behind the shroud formed by lack of light and snuffed torches. Had this room always been this dark? No, now that Brannor raised his nose he could smell it in the air. Faintly, but it was there. Smoke. There had been fire in here, but it had been shut off.

The first warning had been received. The second was a sudden clacking of a series of small falling rocks coming from their side. And then the threat itself rose to the air. It wasn't a creature leaping out to them. It wasn't a piece of ammunition either, soaring through the air with the intent to maim. No, what came at them didn't even choose to arrive from the direction of the caged off stairs that had been the first source of suspicion. What came at them was a group of six smooth tendrils rising from the area down to their right, the way that the eggs they had attacked were placed in. They did not quite reach the group yet, having to close a bit of distance still after revealing themselves from the edge, but they were most certainly en route towards the adventurers.



@Zverda@Ryonara@Lucius Cypher@Norschtalen@The Harbinger of Ferocity
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Norschtalen
Raw
Avatar of Norschtalen

Norschtalen

Member Seen 1 day ago

Kyra cursed under her breath as her arrow failed to do any damage. She would notch another before she caught the sight of strange things happening. Rocks fell from the ceiling, spooking her into seeing what made the noise. Tendrils of darkness. Kyra's voice was low, steady, but heavy with urgency. "Back up back up back up." She says to the group as she aimed towards the eggs again. They were in no condition to fight whatever guardian was here right now, but if they could destroy the eggs, they can at least escape with one objective fulfilled. With adrenaline and discipline honing her eye and steadying her hand, Kyra launched an arrow at the egg's silhouette before moving back away from the entrance in which they came, trying to put as much distance as she can between herself and whatever those tendrils are coming from.

Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Ryonara
Raw
Avatar of Ryonara

Ryonara

Member Seen 5 days ago

After striking the egg, Parum loads another rock into her sling. But as she did, the party collectively noticed the tentacles moving towards them. Kobolds she expected, drakes are natural, heck even a big brute with an axe bigger than Parum wouldn't be unusual. But black tentacled monsters that could see them in these conditions? There was no way Parum was going to deal with that. She heard Kyra tell everyone to back away, and Parum would gladly do so. She moved away from the cave mouth as far as she could go, hiding behind anything or anyone large enough to hide her shape, even her fellows if they were nearby. She gripped her sling fearfully, unsure of what might be coming after them next.

Hidden 29 days ago Post by The Harbinger of Ferocity
Raw
Avatar of The Harbinger of Ferocity

The Harbinger of Ferocity Aspect of the Ferine

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Turning the sword over in hand, the broad, striped pelt stretching the gauntlet it bore, a step back was taken and the rest of the body aimed, at moment's notice, to retaliate. The greatsword itself drew up with the motion of a single arm and set back with a menacing gesture. Whatever this thing was that seemed set to guard the dragon eggs, it might well need be dealt with too if the rest of it crept over the edge not far to the side of the bestial knight. Both burning golden eyes dared not leave it but the body they so belonged to stayed much by the path.

If this were an attack of trap of some variety, as it very much felt to be now, the huntsman man-beast stood ready to confront whatever else might come in this dank, wretched place. Something, some way, needed to answer this too, but for the moment it seemed like instant violence was not the wisest answer, at least not from this angle...


@Hekazu@Ryonara@Zverda@Lucius Cypher@Norschtalen
Hidden 24 days ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

As Orchid watched for danger he spotted the others backing away for some reason. When he turned to look he noticed the tendrils creeping out, and Orchid immediately readied himself for combat, growling at the darkness. He didn’t need anyone to explain to him that this creature was a monster. The last guardian of this place no doubt. What worries Orchid sl it holy more however was that despite his preparedness, he could not see where the beast was, aside from the tentacles. Was it’s appendages so huge it could reach them even before his darkvision?

Orchid stood beside Brannor, his eyes darting around the darkness. ”Dark horror. Can’t see face. Long arms. Think monster alone? No minions?” Though this fearsome creature would no doubt be more than a suitable enough guardian of these nest, Orchid knew that there had to be more. Someone to tend to the eggs at least, and Orchid doubts whatever monster that lurks here is the caretaker.
Hidden 16 days ago Post by Hekazu
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hekazu

Hekazu Cleric to Dice Gods

Member Seen 1 hr ago

The group was almost evenly split in two, the two larger bipedal figures making their stand at the front, whereas towards the back the smallest and the oldest drew back, observing the situation unfolding before them. Kyra, in turn, made an attempt to do both of these things at once, taking the crucial two seconds to aim and let loose another arrow, avoidance of which might have saved her from being targeted in the way she ended up in. As she rushed for safety, two tendrils shot out from the dark after her, the first slapping against the cavern floor behind her, but the other managed to wrap itself around her torso and soon begun curling around one arm, stopping her dash short as she soon found herself reeled backwards, though she yet managed to resist the effect. As for her arrow, she was quite sure she had heard quite the satisfying splat from down there, but she didn't really have time to double check it right now.

Brannor and Orchid were attacked from multiple directions, each of the pair managing to fend off one of their attackers but neither of them could avoid the fate of ending up in the embrace of these nearly stone coloured and rough surfaced tendrils coming out from the dark. They were both pulled towards the edge of the pit due South, at first nothing showing itself as the clear source of these grasping appendages… until one of the stalagmites opened its eye, noticeable even in the greyscale version of the world those with darkvision were granted, with a sharp toothed mouth opening below it. "Who is making a mess out there?" came a high-pitched voice from behind those teeth. "Come closer or I'll drag you down!"

Having noticed what was taking place, Torus had once more taken on the form of a tiger and was rushing towards the tendril trying to pull Kyra back into the room, but the combination of the threat of another coming his way and the fact the creature was talking stalled him to nervous inaction. It would perhaps be best to encourage his actions one way or the other.




@Zverda@Ryonara@Lucius Cypher@Norschtalen@The Harbinger of Ferocity
Hidden 12 days ago Post by Ryonara
Raw
Avatar of Ryonara

Ryonara

Member Seen 5 days ago

As Parum waited for the others to retreat, she instead saw them get snatched up by tentacles. Her worse fears had come to realization and she knew they were way in over their heads now. Mind racing miles a second before she heard a voice hiss out. A voice. Someone trying to talk to them. She knew her team couldn't fight a monster with this sort of power in their current state. Parum knew that she couldn't dare defeat it either. Not with weapons or magic. But the fact it was talking to them, trying to communicate and not kill them, gives her a chance. She needed to use the only talent she has: her words. Running back towards the egg nest Parum spoke loud and clear towards the mysterious monster voice.

"We're not here to fight you!" Parum says this as she drops her sling, showing the monster that she indeed is not here to fight it. "We're here because of the cultists here who have harmed many innocent people, and we've come to stop them. I don't know who you are, but I'm sure that you're not part of their cult, right?" Parum was taking a gamble here now. Surely a monster like this works for the Dragon Cultist, but surely not because it believes in their cause, right? "I'm sure a... Being such as yourself has their reason for being here. But the Cult is no more. Only dead bodies remain here, from kobolds to humans to half-dragons. They all fled, and there isn't anyone left who remains. We've no quarrel with you so perhaps we can come to an arrangement. Whatever the cultist could've given you, I can guarantee that we can do better."

Hidden 9 days ago Post by The Harbinger of Ferocity
Raw
Avatar of The Harbinger of Ferocity

The Harbinger of Ferocity Aspect of the Ferine

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Were it not for the bold young halfling woman speaking up, the other beast in their midst would have, and with one hand upon the tendril with the other keeping sword over shoulder it delayed for the moment. Both in voice and in action, fortunately, as the creature they were dealing with seemed not quite to be with the cult and its army. After all, why would it not just simply have attacked them rather than demanding to know of a mess? It was puzzling and the moon graced aspirant hadn't any good answers to this, at least none better than that of the bard and her surprisingly reasoned dialogue.

There was no want of talk but also at the same time there was no need to fight this creature yet. Who it was, what it was, and why it was would leave that to be determined. If it was not with the cult, just some odd inhabitant of the cave much like the mushrooms, there was no reason to fight with it. Were it though, this might all become a troublesome contest given this creature's many long, slender limbs, which snaked around and reached. However, that would be addressed when it would become relevant, be it now or moment later should their little dialogue fail and the need to act become more pressing than the need to talk.


@Hekazu@Ryonara@Zverda@Lucius Cypher@Norschtalen
Hidden 6 days ago Post by Hekazu
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hekazu

Hekazu Cleric to Dice Gods

Member Seen 1 hr ago

The creature let not go of one of the people it had already caught, and one of its many tentacles even slapped itself on top of the sling that had been dropped to the floor. "Haaaaarh?" it voiced its confusion. "No more? So what you are saying is that they won't be feeding me any longer?" The creature seemed to consider this for a moment, the one eye on its body turning between Parum and the people it had actually caught in its grasp. Then it tugged again, not with enough power to have anyone topple over the edge, but with enough force to reel them all closer to it still.

"I will eat. And if you have killed all that fed me…" it let the thought hang in the air for a moment. It didn't seem like it was truly getting anywhere, more like it just needed the time to make sense of this new detail that it had now suddenly come across. It would not be fed any longer. "The meat was never the freshest, but it was all prepared. All I had to do was look after the eggs. And now you broke some". the monster resumed, its piercing gaze drilling into each member of the party in turn. But on the good side, it didn't seem that eager to drag everyone down with itself.

@Zverda@Ryonara@Lucius Cypher@Norschtalen@The Harbinger of Ferocity
Hidden 3 days ago Post by Norschtalen
Raw
Avatar of Norschtalen

Norschtalen

Member Seen 1 day ago

Unable to escape fast enough to avoid the tendrils, Kyra ended up grappled by some sort of dark monster. She couldn't even reach for her blade as the creature started to constrict her, though not with enough force to hurt just enough to prevent her from easily moving. Kyra was about to shout for everyone to kill it when Parum tried to talk to the monster. Kyra had her doubts that this would even work but at the same time, she was not in a great position to fight if she tried to resist now. The fact the monster wasn't immediately crushing her to death at least told Kyra that there was a chance this fight could be avoided if they play their cards right.

This creature was simple, desiring only hunger. Like an animal all it wanted was meat. And if meat was what it wanted, there was plenty of fresh meat for it to eat just down the hall. "If it's meat you want, there's plenty of meat just outside of this room. The men we killed won't fight back anymore, and we made sure to take off all their hard armor so you can start eating. You can even eat these eggs now. Delicious dragon eggs. That's not something you'll have ever again." Kyra desperately hoped that offering the corpses of Cyanwrath and his minions would satisfy the beast and not make it hunger to eat the adventurers. She didn't want to threaten the creature less it attack, but hopefully it would be smart enough to realize that if it does try to eat them, they will resist and do everything in their power to kill it. Even a beast could understand that it's easier to go after fresh carrion than fight prey.
↑ Top
1 Guest viewing this page
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet