Hidden 8 mos ago Post by Noodles
Raw
Avatar of Noodles

Noodles

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Klaus took a bite at the steak that she ordered, whilst reading on the note given by the innkeeper. That approach was quite surprising for the Knight Klaus, but wasn’t unexpected. Surely that girl knows very well that the Ennifer wasn’t in this tavern somehow.

The approach of returning to the keep isn’t a good option for now. It was almost like a letter that is meant for plots and ploys than a letter that is written by a child. For that, she had to return to the children. As reluctant as she wanted to be.

“We’ll be returning to that two girls, and help with that search on the Ennifer” Klaus ordered, and left the tavern with her half finished plate of steak.

Klaus walked back to the town square, to see if the girl is still at the4 area by the fountain side. She has already been to the tavern, yet there is no sign of the Ennifer.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by VitaVitaAR
Raw
GM
Avatar of VitaVitaAR

VitaVitaAR King of Knights

Member Online

There wasn't really any other choice, now. If the witch was planning on mounting another attack on the town, using her illusory doppelganger as a distraction, they simply had to return as quickly as possible. Of course, the town was now defended, but the sheer amount of power that the witch had displayed even through and illusion left Fanilly worried. What if the magic-user simply decided to bombard the town? Even if that would likely not destroy it, it could kill massive amounts of people... aaah, she should have... should have...

Fanilly wasn't sure what else she could have possibly done, but it felt as if there had to be some way she could have done better, rather than coming out here and letting the witch make her way towards the town.

"We must return to the town!" she declared, given no other option, as she began to return as swiftly as her legs could carry her.

She only paused for a moment when it became obvious that the drider was following them.

"..."

The drider had been a disciple of their enemy, but at the same time it was clear that her teacher's actions had almost immediately torn apart her entire world in an instant. That wasn't to say she should go unpunished, but what else was Fanilly supposed to do, now? Certainly her actions did not warrant any sort of execution... but she couldn't just be allowed to do as she pleased.

"... I... take it you'll follow us, then?" she asked.

All the drider did was nod, slowly. Given they were working on a short time frame, there was little else they could do.

"Sir Tiral," the blonde knight began, her attention shifting swiftly to her knights once more as she began to pick up the pace, "Can you pinpoint her exact location?!"

@PKMNB0Y@Raineh Daze@TheFake
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by PKMNB0Y
Raw
Avatar of PKMNB0Y

PKMNB0Y Archer Inferno

Member Seen 1 hr ago

With a nod, Tiral made his move reconfiguring the spell that had been set up in an attempt to directly seek out their target. The needle, useful as it was, did not dictate where exactly at the town their current target was. To say it was troublesome was a bit of an understatement, but it wasn't completely impossible.

It took roughly half a minute to change the needle into a mirror and for Tiral to attempt to scry for the witch, only to come up with a hazy image that gave no clear image.

"She's taken countermeasures, as expected. We're just going to have to hunt our enemy down and hope we find her before she finishes whatever inane scheme is in progress," the mage-knight sighed, picking himself off the ground before beginning to move back to the outskirts of the ruins where the horses had been left. Talking more now would only waste time, and lost time was something they couldn't afford right now.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Raineh Daze
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Raineh Daze

Raineh Daze Cyberpunk Bartender

Member Seen 16 hrs ago

It was a good thing that Tyaethe was armoured so heavily, the expression on her face was distinctly murderous. It wasn't really Tiral's fault he couldn't get a lock on her--he was a knight and she was only a magic user--but it was distinctly... annoying. They needed to get some sort of primary magician again--before there had been the necromancer in the crypt, now this witch... when there was a threat that could be more adequately dealt with by something more complex than sword-swinging, they just weren't well-placed to deal with it. As galling as that is.

"Do you know where she might have headed?" the knight asked, imposingly standing before the drider, hesitating to follow after the others right this second.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Crimson Paladin
Raw
Avatar of Crimson Paladin

Crimson Paladin "Progressive" Techpriest

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Fleuri Jodeau


Fleuri was a bit bewildered that the girl would bother to come here to deliver a note. Why isn't she looking for the puppy herself, if she can come over here? He didn't have too much time to think about it, however- once Klaus was done with her meal, she headed back, intent on speaking with the children again. The fact that Klaus did not finish her meal indicated how worried she was about this whole witchcraft thing. Fleuri rose from his own seat without ordering anything and followed her out, glancing one last time at the note as they left.

"You go on ahead, I'll catch up," he told her as they stepped out of the tavern. "I'm going to search a bit around here for a bit." It might have been unwise to let Klaus go off on her own as worried as she seemed to be, but he didn't want to disappoint the child either. Listen to myself, he thought, treating this silly puppy errand as some sworn quest.

Fleuri circled around the tavern, looking closely to see if there were any holes or nooks that a puppy could've gotten to.

"Ennifer, Ennifer," he spoke, hoping that if it was around here, it'd respond to its name.

@Noodles
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by VitaVitaAR
Raw
GM
Avatar of VitaVitaAR

VitaVitaAR King of Knights

Member Online

"Reon's fire," Fanilly found herself saying under her breath. If even an illusory construct created by this witch could hurl such deadly magical attacks, there was no way of knowing just how dangerous she was if left to her own devices. If she could cast a spell powerful enough to melt the terrain into glass, then she could certainly do damage to the town if let loose there. They had to get back, if they couldn't find her...!

The drider hesitated for a moment. Even if her teacher had torn everything down in an instant, she still wasn't certain about saying anything. At least for a few moments.

"... There... there was someone she was waiting for," she said, finally, "The... the old tower near Brennan, um... I... I think humans used it as a watchtower a long time ago?"

The watchtower was the last remains of a fort that had been raised hundreds of years ago, by an orc raiding party. It was one of the last casualties of the raids, before they were finally beaten back, their leader slain. It had been used as a watchtower even after most of the fort was destroyed, only relatively recently having been abandoned to the elements due to the recent construction of a new fort.

"Are you certain?" Fanilly asked, taking a step towards the Drider, "If so... we can't lose any more time. That's far too close to Brennan!"

@VitaVitaAR@Raineh Daze@PKMNB0Y@TheFake




Indeed, Mae was still lingering near the fountain, though Rissia was no-where to be seen. The little girl seemed to be fretting, and every once in a while she'd call out for her puppy.

Around the tavern, a few people gave the knight calling out the name of a legendary heroine confused looks, but most went about their business. Much of said business included taking wood towards the walls, in order to further build up the town's fortifications in case of another raid by orcs. It was how they had been directed by the soldiers of Brennan and the Iron Rose knights themselves, and as such they were hardly going to ignore such a duty.

At first, it looked as if the search was going to prove fruitless... but then...

There was a space beneath part of the tavern, a raised deck in the front. Beneath it there was a small space, large enough, perhaps, for small animal to squeeze under. Such as a puppy.

If Fleuri took a moment to listen, he would even hear the sound of small yips in response to his calls...

@Crimson Paladin@Noodles
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Noodles
Raw
Avatar of Noodles

Noodles

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Klaus

Making her way to the town centre, it seemed for her to be so. Back to the square one. However, the case, she had already been to the stupid tavern and found nothing of the sort. But this time, she’ll be going to have a few inquiries for the whole puppy charade.

Approaching the Girl Mae once again, Klaus asked, folding her arms against the cold metal gleam beneath her brown cloak, “I’ve been to the tavern, and found nothing of the sort that suggests a puppy. How about we find Ennifer together? Would be better if the Rissia would tag along.”

She wanted to keep the two suspicious group under watch, and should things prove necessary. But Of course, she hoped that she could find the puppy Ennifer.

Now to mention it, where is Fleuri? She thought that he was with her all along, but he seemed to have left at the tavern for some reasons to tell.
Hidden 6 mos ago 6 mos ago Post by Crimson Paladin
Raw
Avatar of Crimson Paladin

Crimson Paladin "Progressive" Techpriest

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Fleuri Jodeau


After some searching without any results other than some odd stares from bystanders, Fleuri noticed small gap underneath the deck at the tavern. It was easily overlooked, and it was only after meticulously searching around the tavern that he managed to discern it. The knight knelt down, further dirtying his red attire, peering under the deck, still calling the puppy's name.

This time, his call was answered- while his eyes could not perceive anything in the darkness, he could hear what sounded like a small dog under the deck. Fleuri breathed a sigh of relief, both pleased at the seeming success, and content that he didn't make himself look like a fool for nothing. The space was too cramped for Fleuri to squeeze in, so he would have to get the puppy to come out.

"Ennifer, come her girl," he softly called into the darkness and beckoning with his armored hand, hoping that it would be enough to coax it to him. He was unsure if it would come to a stranger like himself, but if it hesitated he could always step into the tavern and fetch some food to ease it out.
Hidden 6 mos ago Post by TheFake
Raw
Avatar of TheFake

TheFake Casual Psychopath

Member Online



Indrau was the last to mount his horse, hurrying to catch up to the rest of the group. As he rode, he looked down at his sheathed blade. He didn’t feel humbled, as a third born son he had never thought highly of himself, but for the second time in his life he felt inadequate, like he had let down those around him. Silence, a masterpiece of runic magic built by his own hands, was unequal to the task at hand.

He rode up next to Tyeathe, unbuckling his sword belt. Indrau held the sheathed blade out to her with a grim, almost pained look on his face.

“I fear I may be equal to the task ahead. This might be better in your hands.”
Hidden 6 mos ago Post by Raineh Daze
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Raineh Daze

Raineh Daze Cyberpunk Bartender

Member Seen 16 hrs ago

Tyaethe had been more focused on her arm, giving it angry looks as if this might have it fully heal any faster, when Indrau rode up and offered his sword. A sword that could cut magic... it was smaller than her own blade, but possibly better for that task. But even only holding the sword in her hands, it felt heavy. Too heavy and unbalanced, almost tiring simply to hold--let alone try to swing in battle. Not the type of liability that she would want in battle, no matter its antimagical properties.

"No... definitely not. Even if it weren't so different in reach to my normal weapon, I doubt I could make any use of that sword."
Hidden 6 mos ago Post by Noodles
Raw
Avatar of Noodles

Noodles

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Klaus had pondered on where that Fleuri had gone. She decided to leave that girl alone, for better reasons of such. There will be later for when to question the kids. The last thing that she wants is that the annoying children to pester her once again. Walking towards the lone inn Klaus found Fleuri still in the same spot that she was in previously. Was it that the puppy Ennifer there all along? That was a bit awkward to see a knight to be finding a puppy just like that. But better than that to report to the Captain empty handed once she returns, she supposed. Crouching to see the underside of the Tavern, Klaus looked to find a puppy that was seemed to be hiding along.

Was that the Ennifer puppy that they were supposed to find? Klaus thought. But since things had led to this, she supposed that she wouldn’t want to let this effort go to waste.

“Ennifer, Ennifer,” Klaus stated in a less than obliged tone. She wasn’t too keen about doing the puppy quest. From slaying goblins to this. She thought to herself on whether it was worth to join the Knight of Iron Rose, and on whether the food of the place is well worth the cause of joining. But no matter, once the job of finding the puppy is done, she would be all over this job now. And to note on why she had to do something like that.
Hidden 6 mos ago Post by VitaVitaAR
Raw
GM
Avatar of VitaVitaAR

VitaVitaAR King of Knights

Member Online

The tower was coming into view.

It was a crumbling structure, creepers crawling up its stone sides. After all, it wasn't in any need of further care, and it already had been structurally unsound from the destruction of the fort. Now that it had been fully abandoned, there was no reason to continue its upkeep. It was just possible to make out a figure at its top, clad in dark clothing...

"There!" Fanilly cried, "There's no further time to waste, we must stop her here! If she can devastate the landscape with a single spell, then there's no telling what she could do to Brennan!"

Fanilly couldn't help but be scared. She had seen the way that the Witch's beam of magical energy had turned the earth beneath it to glass and vaporized a troll in a single blow. And from this vantage point, it was impossible to ignore the fact that she had an excellent position to attack from, overlooking the city.

"... Ah, Iron Roses," commented the witch, her voice somehow audible from this distance, "I wonder... do you question why I am doing this?"

There was the audible snapping of fingers, and almost immediately a wave of orcs emerged from the treeline. How was that possible?! There was not a single orc anywhere nearby, and now there were several dozen of them positioning themselves between the knights and the tower itself?

"You'll see shortly. There's someone I must meet. Absolutely."

"Iron Roses," began Fanilly, "Break through the orc line and slay the Witch of Thorns!"

@Raineh Daze@TheFake@PKMNB0Y




"A-ah?"

Mae turned towards the sound of Klaus's voice, but it was too late. She'd already been left...

Meanwhile, the puppy seemed to be somewhat hesitant. It was a small, fluffy creature, with long, floppy ears and a sort of tawny coloration. It did indeed seem fairly young, though not so much though that it shouldn't be out and about provided it was with its owner. Perhaps it had been frightened of the loud noises? Whatever the case was, after a few moments it slowly began to shuffle its way towards both knights...

And as it did, something landed on Fleuri's back.

On inspection, it would become clear that it was a note, reading 'Congratulations!'

@Noodles@Crimson Paladin
Hidden 6 mos ago Post by Noodles
Raw
Avatar of Noodles

Noodles

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Klaus
The lone puppy had finally made its way to the two Knights. And as it did, something fell over the the back of the Knight. Just where did it come from? A letter or the Sir Fleurir? She wasn’t so good at writing one, not that she had the plots that requires them. But the contents of the letter baffles her more than anything else. She could read the word from not far away of Fleuri side.She was sure that magic got involved in some parts or so.

“What’s that thing on your back? It says: Congratulations?” Klaus relayed to the Knight that was right in front of her. She was still cautious against touching a strange letter like that. She got reminded of that time in the woods. A harmless looking symbol could so do a great deal of harm towards the Knights.

Eyeing on the letter behind the Fleuri’s back carefully, while still making sure that she maintained her own calm front from the puppy.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Crimson Paladin
Raw
Avatar of Crimson Paladin

Crimson Paladin "Progressive" Techpriest

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Fleuri Jodeau


"Thing on my back? What are you talking about?" Fleuri asked, perplexed at Klaus' words. He had not felt or noticed anything, due to the near impossibility of feeling such a miniscule impact upon his armor. Since Klaus didn't seem interested in removing it, he'd have to do it himself. Without making any sudden movements to startle the puppy, he pulled off his right gauntlet and reached back, awkwardly feeling his backplate until his hand found the piece of paper.

"Congratulations," he read aloud, confirming Klaus' observation. "Is this some sort of game?" Had this all been some sort of game of hide-and-seek for a child's amusement? He had not noticed anyone placing this on his back- was it someone at the tavern, or had that child snuck up on him? Either way he was somewhat uncomfortable with having been tricked into playing a game.

"Klaus," he said, turning back to his fellow knight and holding up the piece of paper, "How long has this thing been stuck on my back?"

@Noodles
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by PKMNB0Y
Raw
Avatar of PKMNB0Y

PKMNB0Y Archer Inferno

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Having been comparatively silent the rest of the ride over, Tiral simply glanced towards the other knights every so often to confirm their status. A silent ambush en route to their target location would be more than a simple setback, and avoiding that sort of situation was worth the precaution; doubly so given their enemy's forces and capabilities.

Once they had arrived and the Witch spoke, though, Tiral simply pointed his dagger at the enemies standing in their path before firing off a salvo of icicles.

"Save your words. The babbling of a maniac like you doesn't warrant respect."

It need not be said that the mage-knight was still particularly irritated about everything that had transpired thus far; from manipulation to deceit to foll-blown assassination, all without a proper goal...

To be frank, the sooner that she was bleeding out on the ground, the better.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Noodles
Raw
Avatar of Noodles

Noodles

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Klaus

“Right when the puppy reached out, perhaps another one of the games from those children.” Klaus stated, the puppy Ennifer was finally right in front of the Knights. Now that is taken care of, she would need be sure if the puppy Ennifer would have to return to the two little witches. Still, she would have to wait for the Captain to return. what for...? She frowned on the thought of reporting this whole puppy quest to the rest of those Knights.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Raineh Daze
Raw
coGM
Avatar of Raineh Daze

Raineh Daze Cyberpunk Bartender

Member Seen 16 hrs ago

Sir Tyaethe


"Then meet them in the afterlife!" Tyaethe retorted, lunging forward at the line of orcs and--ignoring them. Who cared about the orcs? The vile things were barely worth her attention in this situation, all that mattered was closing the distance between her and that witch as quickly as possible. Not that this meant that anything that actually got in her way got a pass... as one brute found out, hewn in two by a pair of newly-healed arms.

No,she needed to get to the witch before she could fire off any sort of magical attack... or show her what sort of stopping power you really needed to bring down one of Mayon's paladins.

Mostly, she was simply shoving her way through, wherever possible. Cutting them down was just asking to get surrounded and held up.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by VitaVitaAR
Raw
GM
Avatar of VitaVitaAR

VitaVitaAR King of Knights

Member Online

The little puppy let out a soft yip, shuffling up to Fleuri and licking whatever part of him was in reach. It seemed that, in spite of its skittishness, the small creature was not exactly displeased to see people. Even if it was fairly wary initially.

It was only moments later that Mae suddenly appeared, rushing up to the two knights.

"Rissia told me she thinks you found-Ennifer!"

Overjoyed, the little girl fell to her knees with open arms. Immediately, tail wagging, the little puppy dove into her owner's embrace, Mae hugging the tiny dog to her chest as it licked her face.

"Thank you thank you thank yoooouuuu!" cried the little girl as she hugging the puppy close, "The Iron Roses are amazing! They're really really amazing! Ennifeeeer!"

It didn't take much more to make it obvious the little girl was happy.

But suddenly...

There was a weight on Fleuri's shoulders. Not a particularly heavy one at all, but certainly present.

It was the other little her, the one with dark hair, pale skin, and a wide-brimmed hat. Rissia.

"I knew you could do it!" she declared, cheerfully, kicking her feet on either side of Fleuri's head. Just how had she gotten there so easily? Had she been sitting on the roof of the tavern, just waiting for the right moment?

"Hehe~ You'd be pretty bad knights if you couldn't help a little girl, though," she added, teasingly prodding her current mount's cheek as she did. This was the innocent lack of respect of a child, wasn't it?

Or...




The orcs were no match for the knights.

Given they had been killing plenty of them leading up to this point, and the force here was considerably smaller then the ones they had faced before, the barbarians were slain in short order. Fanilly's dagger caught one dark, jagged blade and her sword bit through crude armor and flesh, the final orc falling in a grisly heap. Indeed, they were already slaughtered. Preparation, certainly, served to diminish their threat.

But, the instant the final orc fell.

"... Very well... I suppose you've killed plenty of beasts tonight, haven't you? A few more was nothing."

Fanilly could hear the Witch's voice carry from the top of the tower. She could see the dark figure of the woman at the peak of the ruins, smiling down at them.

As she raised one hand, a brilliant arch of purple magic circles steadily materialized in the air, forming an arc over the tower as they did. They seemed more tangible, more intense then the ones at the forest ruins. In that case...!

"Perhaps this will get her attention?"

There was a whine, almost like but no-where near the volume of the scream that had accompanied the enormous blast during the battle, as beams of magical energy suddenly rained down on the knights! Fanilly rolled once, one laser hissing into the earth where she once stood, before immediately charging once more. She couldn't think about anything else. She couldn't let there be any more delays. This madwoman was endangering the entire town, every last man, woman and child, so they had to reach her!

If they could just get up the tower...!

@Raineh Daze@Noodles@PKMNB0Y@Crimson Paladin@TheFake
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Noodles
Raw
Avatar of Noodles

Noodles

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Klaus

Klaus wasn’t surprised to see the two witches appearing like that. “Took you long enough,”

Klaus just stated without much concern to the two ‘girls’. She was surprised that the puppy did not do anything like exploding at the spot like the time at the forests. But good that the two ‘girls’ had showed their faces, they are those that they want to see after the whole puppy stint.

“Would you visit and explore Brennan’s keep, if you were to excuse us,...” Klaus approached the two girls and asked them. Getting back to the fort might be the best thing to do after the ‘interesting’ encounters. But she might consider herself 'more fortunate', for Fleuri sure took a bigger toll of those people, literally...
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by PKMNB0Y
Raw
Avatar of PKMNB0Y

PKMNB0Y Archer Inferno

Member Seen 1 hr ago

The orcs being routed as expected, Tiral wasted no time in pushing forward with the rest of the Knights. This was the third time today that they had handled creatures such as these, and it wasn't as if there was any reason to falter in dispatching these enemies. The same could not be said of the magical attack to come, though, as the mage-knight found himself having to maneuver his way around magical assaults that seemed to strike their position from odd—if not outright impossible—angles. His usual methodology of deflecting attacks wouldn't function at this point, so Tiral simply motioned for the next best course of action.

Which, in this case, meant just charging forward and playing it by ear. He was no Captain, of course, but it seemed like she had the same idea, so he found it suitable to simply follow suit. Hopefully, the casualties before they entered the tower proper could be mitigated in turn...
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet