Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by Eklispe
Raw
Avatar of Eklispe

Eklispe SSP

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Titania





Titania was relieved to see the enemy was defeated quickly whilst pincered between the two groups and without much injury. The pair they'd rescued seemed to consist of an overly armored fellow, perhaps to compensate for his evident lack of combat experience. Titania had never fought with a lance before but even she could see that he was holding it like it was going to spring out of his hands at any moment, a far cry from the casual strength that her father held his own weapon with. However more importantly, the girl next to him was wounded. Titania glanced behind her at Aldo's call out. Well between the approaching enemies behind her and her wounded ally in front of her, her choice was simple. Titania ran forward towards Viridia with her mend staff. "Let me help you with that injury, we're not out of this yet and we should help each other all we can."
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist Horakhty!

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Isolde





"Haha, don't mention it." Isolde cheerfully replied to Osmund. "We should be thanking you for keeping those kids safe." She flashed a friendly smile towards Viridia, seemingly not registering she wasn't from Grado or not caring. Probably the former. She didn't get much of a breather before Aldo made his call out. More enemies? Urgh, how were they going to get out of here? The really should focus on getting out of here now that the children had been saved, shouldn't they?

"Uhm uhm! Aldo! Titania get behind me and Marwood!" Isolde called out to her allies. They couldn't let the two of them get injured by the enemy troops. "A-any ideas Marwood?" She called out to her ally, hoping for some direction in what they could do.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Crimson Raven
Raw
Avatar of Crimson Raven

Crimson Raven The Lost Poet

Member Seen 6 hrs ago



Kara


Kara heaved a sigh. Servus has gotten his fool self mixed in with the Jehannan troops and was now marching with them, completely surrounded. Why did she actually expect anything from him? "Your human really is an idiot." She told Amboli.

Fortunately, it seems her choice of waiting was the correct one. The person she could sense the Fire Emblem from was just on the other side of the wall and coming this way. The Manakete didn't even try not to feel smug about that.

The question now was were they friend or foe? The answer seemed obvious. The Cavalier and Wyvern Rider wore the colors of Grado, and bore arms and armor in similar style. They appeared to be fleeing while Jehenna's forces were attempting to stop them. Surely that spoke to their credibility? Still, Kara wasn't sure if she was ready to trust them or not. Trust or no, they were about to be overrun with foes and Kara knew Jehanna was after the stone and for that reason she needed to keep it away from them at all costs.

Nothing good ever came when humans lusted after the Sacred Stone. History had taught that much.

With an extra flap of her wings, Kara propelled herself above the wall. But she paused, drifted back down, and looked down at Amboli. "Go find your errant human, little cousin. Things might be going to hell soon." She told the wyvern, before half flying half vaulting over the wall around Grado's castle town.

"You there! Cleric!" She called with a loud and commanding voice, as she glided down next to Titana. "You have the Fire Emblem in your possession yes? Don't bother answering, I can sense it's power." She continued on running over any response. "I am a Manakete. You may call me Kara." She declared. "And I have a vested interest in keeping that Stone out of the wrong hands." She narrowed her eyes. "Including yours, if they happen to be such. But here we common enemy. So for now, consider me an ally." She paused and added as an afterthought. "Oh, I came here with a thief who is...somewhere and an idiot wyvern rider who has left behind his wyvern on some hair-brained plan and is now mixed in somewhere with the enemy. …you may kill him if you wish. She turned to study the rest of the sorry-looking band. A cavalier, another wyvern rider (wonderful), and a little further back, a Mage, probably a Shaman, judging by his choice of get-up. Standing next to the cleric were the knight and lancer who were originally here.

Her tail flicked. She raised an eyebrow. "Is this all of you?" She asked, sounding disappointed.

@Rune_Alchemist, @Eklispe, @Lmpkio, @Apollosarcher, @PlatinumSkink
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Apollosarcher
Raw
Avatar of Apollosarcher

Apollosarcher Knight with the Rowan Shield

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Marwood





Marwood turned to look at the two soldiers they had just helped rescue the children. "Stand and fight with us or retreat, either way, we are cutting a path out of here. Though... I'd be grateful for the help." Marwood muttered before he took a breath spinning his lance with one hand. Turning his mind working out a plan of attack to secure their allies and then retreat.

"Isolde head up the street and hold the line to let Aldo retreat I'll hold them back down here as Titania pulls back. We fall back behind them. Then hold them back together and then cut our way around the enemy's numbers and get out of the housing area. Killing the enemy isn't the priority, escape is our only goal our mission is too important." The horseback princeling turned to look at the knight and soldier at the rear.

"You two made your decision? I can't promise victory... But the Prince of Renais has never lost a fight." He added giving them both a glance as he moved left to hold back the advancing enemy knight with his lance. He would get them out of here or die making sure they escaped.
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by Lmpkio
Raw
Avatar of Lmpkio

Lmpkio Kaiju Expert

Member Seen 1 hr ago









"Your human really is an idiot." Kara mentions to Ambolli, who also chattered her teeth in embarrassment, essentially saying "Yes, but he's my idiot." in draconian.

Suddenly, it appears that Kara had to go, presumably having sensed where the Fire Emblem is located. before she could take off, she told the wyvern simply this.

"Go find your errant human, little cousin. Things might be going to hell soon."

The wyvern nods with an acknowledging chirp as she too spreads her wings in attempt to find her lost and confused owner. She would surely pick up his scent and flies towards his location. Whatever is she going to do with him...




Forced to move along with the enemy, the wyvern-less Servus regrettably trotted after the fighter to face their enemy. In front, they encountered a cleric and a shaman, along with the rest of Zane's forces already attempting to surround them. Servus could already tell that they were technically his allies and that he'll have to do something quick to redeem himself in order to save himself from being killed. He looks back at the Jehennan fighter, who's ready to engage the enemy, and knew what he'd have to do. His plan for going in undetected and deep into enemy lines has long been compromised and this involvement with the enemy has made things worse. Might as well show the real allies how he's not a threat after all.

Yet as he raises his axe to backstab the axefighter, he'd hear a familiar ear-splitting heading towards him. Within seconds, Ambolli arrived as she pounced on the axefighter with ravenous intent. If it succeeded, she'd grab his arm within her mighty maw and shake him around like a ragdoll before throwing him into a nearby house. The wyvern faces him with an angry hiss, followed by a worrying wimper. Servus would simply sigh at this notion.

"Hey! It wasn't meh fault!" he retorted back rather shamefully, "I didn't think they'd think of meh as someone NOT from their regiment this quickly!"

He'd sigh again as he attempts to hop on his dragon.

"Well. Nothin' we can do anymore." Servus says, "Time we go for plan B. Makin' sure that the Gradonians know that we're actually on their side."

The two would quickly head towards the cleric and shaman duo, only to find Kara having beaten to them. But then Servus could catch her say something in particular.

"...and an idiot wyvern rider who has left behind his wyvern on some hair-brained plan and is now mixed in somewhere with the enemy. …you may kill him if you wish."

"EXCUSE MEH?!" the wyvern rider shouted as if he was utterly betrayed by a best friend, "I'm right here ya know! And also, everyone else, pardon meh attire, but I'm really on yer side! Servus is the name, along with my wyvern Amboli. We'll help ya beat these invading punks!"
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by PlatinumSkink
Raw
GM
Avatar of PlatinumSkink

PlatinumSkink

Member Seen 11 hrs ago

@Rune_Alchemist@Eklispe@Apollosarcher@Crimson Raven@Lmpkio

‘Oh, right.’ Viridia blinked but then acknowledged Titania’s mention of healing, walking forward to let herself be healed. ‘Th-thank you,’ she said, with considerable hesitance.

‘It was our pleasure!’ Osmund announced proudly to Isolde’s thanks. ‘Keeping this country’s population safe is what Knights like me are for!’ he called, and then there was Aldo’s call and that. Aldo hurried to get past Isolde and Kergin, and then prepared to make a shadowy blow to anyone who came to attack Isolde from the other side.

Then Kara jumped the wall out of basically nowhere and went to talk to Titania and declared herself an ally without them having any input.

Kara joined the party!


And then the Fighter that was intending to bash into Isolde and Kergin suddenly got stopped by another wyvern diving down and bruising the Fighter into the ground before throwing him off into the wall of a house. This caused the two Soldiers that were on the way to stagger back and question their own attack-plan, no worries about them for a bit. One of the seemingly enemies then jumped onto the wyvern and then shouted to what the Manakete just had said straight across the rest of the people present. Looks like this guy was an ally as well?

Servus joined the party?!


At the very least Osmund and Viridia blinked in surprise to Kara’s appearance, but today seemed to be a wellspring of weirdness for today. They did overhear that Titania had the Fire Emblem. Osmund raised an eyebrow, looking at Titania, while Viridia’s narrowed in shock for a slight while. The thing that Jehanna had invaded Grado for was… so close to her…

Then was Marwood’s call, who asked them for help, then gave his commands, and then finally reassured that he had, in fact, been asking them for help. Osmund’s expression steeled, and a smile crossed his lips.

‘You are asking me if I wish to help protect your band? Hoho…’ He clutched his lance, stood proud, and stood straight. ‘I am Knight Osmund of Grado! If I can serve my duty by being your shield, then let me serve! There may be a use for me suiting up in this armour yet!’ So he said, proud and ready.

The girl Soldier, however, was more hesitant, protective in her body-language.

‘But I’m-’ she started, but she was interrupted by a large metal hand landing with a heavy hit on her shoulder, startling her.

‘She’s an honorary Grado militia! I assure you of her reliability!’ Osmund said, smiling widely. She turned and looked at him with a shocked stare, but then looked over Titania, and to Marwood… and she made her decision.

‘… Right!’ Not like she had anywhere else to go, did she? She looked rather awkward about this, but she now had a degree of resolution. ‘I’m Viridia! I won’t disappoint you!’

Osmund and Viridia joined the party!






‘Right. I’ll remind we need to get out of here,’ Aldo said with a bit of a frown. It got a bunch more crowded all of a sudden.

So. The scenery is relatively the same as last post, but a bunch more units to play with. Conversation and commands are free to give, actions cost more.



Current Injuries: Kergin got a grazing blow from the Fighter he tackled, though nothing serious.

Enemy Base Level: 2
Enemy Base Weapon Mastery: E
Enemy Equipment Quality: Iron
Notable Deviations: Fighter at the bottom wields the STORMBELLOWS! Functionally an Iron Axe.



‘They’re all gathering among those houses over there.’

‘… Leaving the gate unguarded. Great. Let’s wait just a bit longer, and then we bolt.’
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist Horakhty!

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Isolde





"On it!" Isolde shouted back to Marwood, grabbing Kergin's reigns and hefting her Halberd. Hold the line? That she could do! All she had to do was defeat all the bad guys before they go to them, right? Turning Kergin towards the direction of the Jehennan forces, Isolde was fully intent on doing what Marwood has asked.

"...Eh?" Kara's voice caught Isolde's ears, and just for a moment, she completely forgot what she was doing. A woman? A dragon? Dragon lady?...Isolde was speechless. She couldn't clearly make out anything she was saying, but she didn't need too. The woman dragon thing flew down from the heavens like some sort of angel amidst the battlefield. Dragon people were a thing? Isolde had no idea how to react to this, and thus her thoughts were completely stopped.

And she let Kergin's reigns fall out of her hands.

The brute of a Wyvern, had no chains on him now. Kergin gave a fierce roar, barreling past Amboli and Servus and taking a sharp left towards the strongest looking opponent, the Knight. Kergin and Isolde, despite their familiarity with each other only really knew how to do one thing well. Fight in a rather ungraceful manner.

"So pretty...!" While Isolde was distracted, she had just a few seconds to process what had just happened, and what was about to happen. Her body jerked right as Kergin made a hard left. "W-wah! KerginwaitIdon'thavethereigns!" Her words were drowned out as her Wyvern completely ignored her. Isolde herself was unceremoniously launched from her mount, with her trajectory launching her right conveniently into Servus.

"Just don't eat theeeeem!~" With a final shout from Isolde as she Kergin continued on his warpath, intent on killing this Knight himself.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Eklispe
Raw
Avatar of Eklispe

Eklispe SSP

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Titania





Titania's eyes widened to the size of saucers as a Manakete jumped over the wall and announced herself. Titania began stuttering out an answer to her question but was quickly overridden by the, apparently rather overbearing, manakete. It seemed she was able to sense the Fire Emblem, which was frankly a little concerning since it meant there were likely other people who could do the same thing. On the other hand it might just be because she was a manakete and considering Titania hadn't seen one before this, they were pretty rare. "Uh well, we're more than happy to have your help considering how outnumbered we are. Let's be careful everyone, if we fight in the houses then-" Oh there goes Isolde. Not only did she began charging forward, she did it so poorly that she managed to get her dragon to do it without her, crashing into the newcomer Servus as if in direct defiance of Titania's call out. [color=darkturuoise]"... Someone should help her."[/color] Titania said, more to herself than anything else.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Lmpkio
Raw
Avatar of Lmpkio

Lmpkio Kaiju Expert

Member Seen 1 hr ago







Once they believed they made their point clear across the guild, Servus and Ambolli prepared to continue through the horde of units beyond. But just before they can get on their way, the rider sees another wyvern rider barreling towards their general direction. Thankfully the wyvern simply barreled past him as he attacks the knights in front of him, however it wouldn't be the same for his rider as she was launched straight into Servus!

"WATCH OU~!" the ex-Jehennan shouted.

But by that time, the armored rider crashed into him, knocking the air out of him as as he fell several feet off from his mount. As he landed on the hard stone pavement, he was literally crushed between a pile of rocks and a hard chest-plate. The male rider wheezed weakly as he coughed twice before looking at the person on top of him. It was indeed a woman rider, and a rather pretty one at that with her jet-black hair and crimson eyes. While he can try and marvel at her looks, he just needs to be sure that he's actually still alive and ready to fight on the battlefield.

"Ugh..." the rider weakly groans as he attempts to gather his breath, "Watch it, will ya... *cough* Y-Ya gotta be careful when riding these things... *cough*"

"I think I broke my spleen... *wheeze*..."
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Crimson Raven
Raw
Avatar of Crimson Raven

Crimson Raven The Lost Poet

Member Seen 6 hrs ago



Kara


@Lmpkio@Eklispe@Rune_Alchemist@PlatinumSkink@Apollosarcher

[color9e0b0f]We are going to keep the world safe with this sorry bunch?[/color] The Dragoness thought exasperated at the dangerous antics of the two wyvern riders.

Kara clears her throat, creating a not-entirely-human-sounding grinding noise. "Now that introductions are out of the way, I see no reason to stick around. We make for the exit. I will take point at the mouth of this street," She points past the knight to where the figures of several enemy soldiers coming to attack could be seen. "My scales and speed will be more then a match for this sorry rabble." She says with pride, then her eyes narrow dangerously and her voice falls into a growl. "Keep close but stay out of my way, unless you're tired of living. For I will blaze a path through friend or foe!" She finishes with a triumphant roar, and she took a running leap and with wings outstretched, gliding right over Titania, Osmund, and Virida, to touch down on the other side of them and, without missing a step, charging down the street. From the perspective of anyone watching, it might have seemed like she had a death wish. She was a small, slim, unarmed and unarmored woman charging three big, burly, armed soldiers. Surely she was crazy!
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by PlatinumSkink
Raw
GM
Avatar of PlatinumSkink

PlatinumSkink

Member Seen 11 hrs ago

There was a Jehannan Knight standing in front of a building. He hadn’t moved, even as the sounds of multiple wyverns came from nearby, people dashed about, fighting had broken out and Commander Zane was shouting orders to surround the enemy… Yet despite all this, the Knight had not moved. Why, you may ask?

It was fairly simple. He had been told not to move an inch, no matter what. No matter what, he could not move from in front of this particular building. This became a point of pride for this specific Knight. No matter what happened, he would not move- ‘WOAH-!’

… An inch. A wyvern named Kergin came flying out of nowhere, crashing into the Knight and moving him exactly one inch. While the impact had shaken the Knight, Kergin would find that neither his claws nor his teeth could penetrate the man’s armour. He’s going to need Isolde’s axe for that. Except… Isolde’s not on his back anymore.

‘WHY, HOW DARE YOU MOVE ME!’ the Knight shouted back, gripping his lance and thrusting it at the wyvern assaulting him. Now, Kergin has decent padding to him, but the thrust onto his stomach still pierced a bit and drew blood, indicating that he was definitely at a disadvantage in this fight.

While it’d probably suit him fine to be a huge unstoppable dragon, that’s not going to cut it here due to him not being a huge unstoppable dragon.

@Rune_Alchemist@Lmpkio

And these two crash into one another and fall off the mount and into a pile on the ground. Have fun recovering. +4 Support points.

The Soldiers on the north side of the houses saw this and saw it as their chance, dashing forward to take advantage… when the first one suddenly found darkness rising from the ground to punch into him from all sides, his armour helping naught as the spell of darkness took all wind out of him, and he staggered back while the other hesitated to go through with his attack. Aldo had ran by and cast a spell from the other side of the wyvern and two collapsed riders, staring down at them with a deep frown.

‘… What are you doing? Isolde, I recommend you tame your beast before he unintentionally kills us all,’ he told, no-nonsense personality shining.

@Eklispe@Apollosarcher@Crimson Raven@Lmpkio

Meanwhile, Marwood apparently went off to attack the Soldier through the second lane while commanding people to follow him. However, Kara meanwhile headed off the first lane while telling people to stay close to her.

‘W-wait!’ Viridia looked off in both of their directions. ‘I can’t stay close to- EP!’ Viridia suddenly found herself pushed forward after Marwood.

‘Go with Sir Renais!’ Osmund told her proudly. ‘I shall protect the miss!’ Saying so, he turned and clampered after Kara. Viridia threw about a flustered look recognizing the slight issue with communications in the current group, but…

‘… Agh! Fine!’ she called, before running in a hurry after Marwood, not catching up on account of being on foot.

Marwood rode forth at this one enemy Soldier. Said Soldier noticed and prepared to counter… except Marwood was by far the more skilled combatant, easily avoiding the Soldier’s lance and delivering a blow back. However, he wasn’t quite able to take the enemy out in one attack. The Soldier staggered back with the wound, and then noticed the shuffling Zane right next to him.

‘Commander Zane…!’ the Soldier gasped out in relief, like that his commander had just arrived to save his life. Marwood could tell, this man was more powerful than the rest. This man in armour, somewhat handsome in his appearance, straight back and a fierce determination and the way he held his lance, this man was a bigger deal. He looked to Marwood, seizing him up…

‘Nope. You’re not him,’ Zane stated and then turned to keep running.

‘C-commander!?’

‘BEAT THEM DOWN, BOYS! I’LL BE GOING AFTER THE WYVERN, AND INZANE!’ Zane said, while dashing in behind a different lane, the one where Kergin was brawling with the armoured knight. ‘There you are…! Now, where’s your rider…!?’

In any case, seems like Marwood’s relatively home free minus the injured Soldier ahead of him, because the three below were focused on the figure dashing at them from the lowest lane. That said, there were more Jehannan troops approaching.

Kara dashed west towards the group of enemies there. The first one, a Soldier stepping forth to deal with her, brandished a smile and a lance as he intended to take a stab at her as she came running… except this is the point where Kara suddenly morphs her form to come out as a dragon and his lance goes clinking off her scales for dramatic effect, is it not? Be it with claws or with fire, the first opponent before her is swiftly dealt with… and the rest are staggering back and wide-eyed at their sudden opponent.

‘D-DRAGON!’ ‘What’s a dragon doing here!?’ ‘We’re not equipped to fight dragons!’ ‘S-someone send word to the castle!’ ‘I-I’m going!’ ‘No, wait, I’m the one who’s going!’

They were collectively staggering back… yet one of them stood forward, smirking widely.

‘Hawhahaha… My time has come…’ The Fighter raised his axe at Kara. ‘HEAR ME, DRAGON! I AM JAPHET, WIELDER OF STORMBELLOWS, AXE OF THE HERO GRADO! IT IS YOUR FATE TO BE SLAIN HERE BY MY HAND! LIE SLAUGHTERED AND BECOME THE BEGINNING OF MY LEGEND!’ he called out, obnoxiously loud. His axe was really shiny, though, seemingly glowing with power and having a bunch of finely crafted details on it, looking mighty sharp. The same could not be said about the wielder. ‘LET’S GO! HYYAAAAAAAAAH…!’ He dashed forward, Stormbellows held high above his head as he jumped to attack Kara with an overhead slice…

Both him and his axe are useless. Kara may deal with him as she sees fit.

Noteworthy though, the strain from her last battle is already making itself felt. Kara won’t be able to maintain dragon form for long this battle.

Osmund, who’d run in behind her to supposedly protect her, came to a stop behind her as he clearly wasn’t needed. He was looking somewhat amazed. ‘Woah.’

Support
(From previous battle)
Servus/Kara -> 2
Servus/Hevel -> 2
Kara/Hevel -> 4 (he got hugged)

(From this battle)
Isolde/Servus -> 4 (because crash)
Isolde/Aldo -> 1
Titania/Kara -> 1
Titania/Viridia -> 1
Marwood/Osmund -> 1
Marwood/Viridia -> 2 convo + following
Servus/Aldo -> 1
Kara/Osmund -> 1
Osmund/Viridia -> 3 Viridia feels indebted


Current Injuries: Kergin has been stabbed due to overestimating his own strength.
Kergin got a grazing blow from the Fighter he tackled, though nothing serious.

Noteworthy Movement: The Soldier under the Colosseum is running north after having seen Kara. He intends to inform the higher-ups.



@Eklispe We can assume Titania followed in some direction or another. Feel free to have followed someone and disregard movement somewhat.

Notable Individuals;






Enemy Base Level: 2
Enemy Base Weapon Mastery: E
Enemy Equipment Quality: Iron
Notable Deviations: Fighter at the bottom wields the STORMBELLOWS! Functionally an Iron Axe.



‘… Now!’

Two souls and a carriage left the building on the west, riding towards the exit.

Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Apollosarcher
Raw
Avatar of Apollosarcher

Apollosarcher Knight with the Rowan Shield

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Marwood





Marwood drew back the lance flicking the blood from the end of it as he turned from his spot on Fiona's back he remembered a small girl from the other side, muttering. "That girl... No... A Manakete!" Marwood's eyes were wide, they were legends heroes of old that were larger than life. They were at the sides of great kings and heroes, one here... To Marwood it only meant one thing. This wasn't just some war... This was going to be something people would talk about if they survived it.

Marwood wasn't afraid they wouldn't escape any longer, they had more allies and a Manakete at their sides if anything Marwood was more excited than ever. He felt like a proper knight in a story, turning back he spotted Viridia lagging behind wearing a mile-wide grin now. "Can't let our new Manakete friend have all the fun!" He added, hooking his lance to the saddle as he drew his sword. "Fiona and I will give them a scare and head for the guy with an axe, you go after that soldier... After that, we get the other and make a break for it." He added trying to reassure the new soldier.

It was a short charge out from the narrow street's but Fiona in a dead sprint with Marwood ready to strike was as scary as it could get. "We give no quarter if you flee you may live! Those that surrender or try to fight... Face oblivion at the hands of our friend over there!" He yelled, clearly as rode out a sword in one hand, moving as the crow flies right towards the man with the axe. Marwood knew they didn't have the number or if the manakete could stay in that form for long but he knew how to use fear as a weapon, the undead had taught him that much in his years of service.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist Horakhty!

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Isolde





"Oooorgh..." Isolde rubbed the side of her head. "Oof...this is not a comfortable landing spot..." She grumbled, shaking her head. Almost as bad as that time she ran face first into Kergin, heh. Who had she hit though? Didn't seem like anyone familiar or one of the other Grado forces. A foreigner? Not thinking about getting up, Isolde laid on top of him, curiously looking at him for a few seconds. Well, she wasn't dead yet and he did cushion her fall, so he was probably a good guy.

A roar in from her mount brought her quickly back to reality.

"AH!" Before suddenly jumping to her feet as Aldo addressed her. "Kergin!" Without introducing herself or checking on him, she ran after her mount, who was currently attempting to 1v1 some of the enemy troops. She wasn't concerned he'd get hurt, no. He was a tough old Wyvern that could take a beating. Still...they had hurt him.

That was bad.

And if there was one thing that Isolde ever got mad over, was someone hurting her precious little baby dragon.

She ran over to her mount, own halberd in hand. Kergin reared up, preparing to strike the opponent in front of him, and letting Isolde have enough time to jump and grab her saddle from the back. Kergin flared his wings, before lowering his body once more - with Isolde properly on her mount, and brought her own axe right down upon the soldiers head.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Eklispe
Raw
Avatar of Eklispe

Eklispe SSP

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Titania





Titania tracked Kara's progress with awe as the Manakete soared over her and went directly into battle. A real Manakete! They were mentioned in some of the holy texts Titania had read but she'd never dreamed to see one in real life! Ah, she needed to focus, she quickly ran towards where Isolode had been thrown to see if she or her landing pad had been hurt, letting out a warning as she did so, "I'm following Isolode!". Thankfully that seemed to not be the case. Isolod's mount however, was going crazy, trying to take on a knight on its own, the solo part Isolode vigorously remedied by introducing her own axe to the mix. Titania could see that the knight had managed to land a hit on the wyvern, so Titania continued following Isolode, her heal staff being brought to bear to erase the progress the knight had made. This worked wyverns right? Of course it did, why wouldn't it? "I'm here to help!" Titania said, partly to insure that she wouldn't get wacked on accident, after all, Isolode hadn't demonstrated herself to be the most... Aware individual.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Lmpkio
Raw
Avatar of Lmpkio

Lmpkio Kaiju Expert

Member Seen 1 hr ago







Once Isolde was finally off him, Servus struggled to get back onto his feet - still out of breath from the initial impact. He gripped his chest as he watched her leave before beginning to turn to his own mount. Thankfully he gotten up quickly for he looked back to see soldiers coming from the north side. But before they could reach him, they would be engaged by one of the mage units, who fired black magic at them. He seemed to scold Isolde - the girl who crashed into him - and told her to get moving and to keep her wyvern in check.

"T-Thanks!" the male rider replied gratefully as he finally perched back onto Amboli.

With that, the duo would follow the other wyvern-back's lead - who was already going on a murder spree - as they commenced the attack on the approaching enemies at hand.
Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by Crimson Raven
Raw
Avatar of Crimson Raven

Crimson Raven The Lost Poet

Member Seen 6 hrs ago



Kara


@Lmpkio@Eklispe@Rune_Alchemist@PlatinumSkink@Apollosarcher

"Raaaaaaawr!" Kara let loose an earth-shaking roar as she transformed, the actual word could just barely be made out inside the much louder and more animalistic roar. She watched in satisfaction as her prey scattered like starlings...all but one. Who stood before her, foolhardily shouting at her, fancy axe raised high.

She could easily kill him. But there were certain curtsies to observe; she was a noble dragon, not an animal. So she politely and patently waited until the end of the little man's speech, methodically cleaning a gleaming talon in the meantime.

"Are you finished?" She asked him conversationally after a pause.

"Uh. Yeah."

"Good."

Then she spun in a flash of red scales and slammed him into the nearest wall with her whip-like tail. His axe clanged to the ground where he was standing so defiantly seconds before.

"Next time, recognize your betters. Oh wait." His lifeless body crumpled from the side of the house. "There is no next time." She laughed at him, and bounded off in pursuit of her fleeing prey.
Hidden 17 days ago 17 days ago Post by PlatinumSkink
Raw
GM
Avatar of PlatinumSkink

PlatinumSkink

Member Seen 11 hrs ago

@Apollosarcher

Viridia looked up at Marwood with a somewhat panicked look on account that he had been leaving her behind, but then when he turned back, smiling to her so widely… It was as if he somehow knew exactly what he was doing, despite the terrible odds he was up against. Viridia stopped short looking at him, slightly taken aback, but he gave his orders and made it all sound like it worked. With Osmund and a commander like this… like Prince Marwood of Renais, perhaps this would work out after all?

‘… Yes, sir!’ Viridia gripped her lance harder and acknowledged the command.

@Apollosarcher@Crimson Raven

Kara blasted aside the Fighter that had stood before her and advanced. Marwood struck against the Fighter somewhat forward and to his left, the opponent unprepared to meet him and missed with his counter-swing due to a disadvantage in the Weapon Triangle. The Soldier to his left spun to attempt supporting him, but found himself stabbed by Viridia who came forth with newfound vigour and took him out. The Fighter WOULD have been alive after Marwood’s strike, except he was suddenly the closest target to Kara after the Mercenaries before Kara had pulled back somewhat due to Marwood’s speech, debating their alternatives. She could promptly finish what Marwood had started there, and then they had cleared out the enemies here.

‘Well. It appears miss doesn’t currently need protection,’ Osmund mused for himself, running to Kara’s side. ‘It’s an honour to fight on your side, miss.’

With that, they had cleared the way out… for themselves, that is.

@Rune_Alchemist@Eklispe@Lmpkio

The Knight stood firm, intent on holding against Kergin’s next attack again, when Isolde jumped back onto his back and struck down with the halberd. It bit into the man’s armour, the disadvantage in Weapon Triangle meaning he couldn’t properly defend himself.

‘GAH!’ the man jerked back, hurt but not out, his heavy armour serving him well… however, he had a commander behind him which wasn’t going to just stand there until his companion was taken out.


‘OUT OF THE WAY!’ Zane shouted, gripping the Knight and throwing him behind him, before Zane himself advanced on Isolde. This is about the time when Titania showed up behind her, using her staff to heal Kergin’s wound, restoring the Wyvern to full health.

‘FINALLY, A CHALLENGE!’ Zane cried out in glee, facing towards Isolde and Kergin. ‘I’VE TRAVELLED ALL THIS WAY, ONLY TO BE MET WITH WEAKLINGS! You…’ He frowned at her. ‘YOU’RE NOT INZANE, BUT YOU’LL DO TO SATE MY HUNGER! FACE ME!’ Saying so, Zane advanced and swung his lance.

Isolde might recognize the man, if she so wishes. This man, Zane, was once a knight of Grado, but he left for Jehanna because the stillness of being a guard on duty never gave him the battles he desired, the kinds that could satisfy him. He was never a pleasant fellow. Now he had returned home with the Jehannan army, with apparently no love for his homeland to spare as he advanced so ruthlessly. He swung his lance with powerful, accurate strikes, and it was only thanks to the advantage of wielding an axe that Isolde could currently keep him at bay. This man was not someone she could handle on her own like this.

Zane prepared his lance, and charged forth at her to stab at Kergin, closest target, and would likely hit if she stayed to fight in these circumstances. He’s far stronger than the previous Knight.

Servus attempted to turn to head over to help earlier, but found that the path was pretty blocked. This street didn’t fit more than one wyvern at a time, not to mention there was a pile of enemies gathering on the other side, grouping behind their commander. Setting down there would have been an exceedingly risky move.

Aldo, meanwhile, nodded to Servus’ thanks and then sent another dark Flux spell at the Soldiers standing close, felling one of them and making the other step back a few more steps, lance ready, Aldo and him engaging in a staring battle, Aldo keeping one hand raised towards the Soldier as a threat should the man attempt to step into battle.

‘Marwood has cleared the way to the south,’ Aldo mentioned to his nearby allies, seeing how it looked through the Tactician’s Stone. ‘We have two wyverns. We don’t have to fight him,’ Aldo attempted to suggest, but it was ultimately not up to him.

[@basically anyone looking that direction]

Throughout this whole battle, a lonely Thief had been waiting in the shrubberies. He’d been looking for his opportunity to get some form of loot, seeing how this was in the midst of the war between Jehanna and Grado. This was the capital, there was bound to be money somewhere. However, this turned out to be a lot more action, and a lot more of it looking like it’d be dangerous for a lonely thief to stick around. He’d have to do something quick to make sure he had enough money for a while… And there’s a wagon full of wares from a shop in the other direction. Perfect.

The Thief dashed out towards the wagon and the Fighter escorting it in a stealthy and fast dash, the Fighter not even noticing him until he was right next to him. The Thief prepared his knife, and-

CLANK!

‘Hah, I’m back just in time,’ Hevel said, having just lost the guards he was distracting in the woods and was able to run back here in time to show up. And for the equivalent of taking out three guards at the gate...


Level Up!
Hevel: Level 2 -> 3, HP+1, SPD+1, RES+1
Is this enough? Am I doing my best? Can I keep up like this?


Silvio threw a single look back at the Thief that had just protected him, grinned widely, and called out.

‘Thanks, lad!’

… Before both him and his wagon-driving companion stormed down and out of the map.

‘Eh- Wait, you had an axe, you could have help-’ and there Hevel had to shut up because he had to dodge under a knife-slice from the opposing Thief, holding his own little sword up in a guard-position. ‘Oh, geesh.’

Neither Thief really wanted to fight each other right there.

Support
Isolde/Titania -> 2
Marwood/Viridia -> 3
Servus/Aldo -> 2
Kara/Osmund -> 2


Current Injuries: None.

Noteworthy Movement: The Soldier by the Colosseum is running north after having seen Kara. He intends to inform the higher-ups.
Those two Mercenaries are currently scared stiff of Kara. The rest of the reds there are following Zane, which sounds like the smartest course of action right now.

Hevel’s still green on the map because the Tactician’s Stone has not recognized him as an ally yet.



Enemy Base Level: 2
Enemy Base Weapon Mastery: E
Enemy Equipment Quality: Iron
Notable Deviations: STORMBELLOWS! lies dropped behind Kara. Functionally an Iron Axe.

Hidden 14 days ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist Horakhty!

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Isolde





"Eh!? Zane!?"

This had just gotten ten times worse. A former knight of Grado, but defected because he couldn't sate his battle lust just by being on guard duty. She never did like him, and her dad always commented he was always bad news. She was honestly surprised he even protected his ally.

"Geh-!"

The two exchanged blows, Zane's heavy blows threatening to knock both her and Kergin back. Her advantage being the only thing keeping her from getting killed in an unspectacular fashion. If this kept up, there was no way she was going to be able to fight him. Not one on one like this, maybe if she could flank him but not in a crowded, narrow street.

Aldo was right, though. They didn't have to fight, and if they kept fighting, things were likely not going to end well for them. They were both outnumbered and out skilled here. As much as she'd like to shove this traitor in his place, she was in no way skilled or strong enough to do so.

"Urgh - I don't think we can handle Zane!" Isolde grimaced, attempting to deflect Zane's charge. Isolde yanked up on Kering's reigns. The Wyevern hissed lightly before rearing back as Isolde swung her Halberd to try and deflect Zane's blow. He was likely going to hit, but she could at least mitigate the damage. "Titania, get on! We need to get out of here!"
Hidden 13 days ago 11 days ago Post by Crimson Raven
Raw
Avatar of Crimson Raven

Crimson Raven The Lost Poet

Member Seen 6 hrs ago



Kara


@Lmpkio@Eklispe@Rune_Alchemist@PlatinumSkink@Apollosarcher

Kara hated it when prey got away. Watching that soldier leg it irritated her to no end, but she knew it would be difficult to catch up. To the left, she noticed the cart, and several figures around it, including one tne that looked to be Hevel. She released her dragon form with some reluctance to lessen the strain on her stone. She turned to Marwood pointed at the fleeing soldier in the distance, shouting, Cavalier! It would be most troublesome if that soldier called for reinforcements. Set spur to that nag of yours and run him down! I will personally clear you a path, so ride after me!" She spun on a heel and pointed her draconic hand at Osmond. "You. Put that shiny exterior of yours and handle those mercs and thief so that they don't cut off our retreat. Girl, you've got a stick, help him out. Just be aware that one of those thieves is an ally." If Marwood agreed to her plan, she would rush forward in front of him to engage the axman, as he was blocking the best path, and might be a hassle to handle for the lance-using Prince.

She was also worried for the Fire Emblem's safety, having lost sight of Titania, and seeing soldiers pile out and spilling out of an alleyway, with the sounds of fighting echoing from deeper in. She ground her teeth and could only hope the humans had enough fight in them to hold out.
Hidden 8 days ago Post by Eklispe
Raw
Avatar of Eklispe

Eklispe SSP

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Titania





Titania was surprised to see the knight Isolode was fighting tossed aside to be replaced by a more important looking individual who had some sort of grudge to bear. "Alright let's get out of here!" Titania said in response to Isolode's suggestion. She carefully jumped onto the much faster Wyvern's back, hoping that her additional weight wouldn't be too much of a burden to prevent it from outrunning their enemies. This guy was heavily armored at least so he should have a hard time keeping up with them. It was possible they could keep fighting with Titania providing support, but she would trust Isolode's judgement, plus their goal was to get out of here with the Fire Emblem not take every fight they found.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet