Hidden 2 mos ago Post by floodtalon
Raw
Avatar of floodtalon

floodtalon Cyber-Phantasy Knight

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

@Lucius Cypher

Should I roll for initiative
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

Cyclopes are bad news. It would be unwise to fight it.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Duthguy
Raw
Avatar of Duthguy

Duthguy Someone who can't spell Dutchguy

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

I'm here
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@floodtalon

Only if you intend to fight it. Right now I’d say you, like the rest of the party, haven’t been noticed butt you should roll a stealth if you’re going to do anything more complex than moving around, and even then that might need a Roll too.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Riaxh
Raw
Avatar of Riaxh

Riaxh

Member Online

maybe we could distract it with tasty illusions and sneak past? idk.
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by Tangletail
Raw
Avatar of Tangletail

Tangletail Keyboard Knight

Member Seen 1 hr ago

I do have illusion spells. Could also lead em to the the Trogdolytes.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Online

@Tangletail

Save your spell slots. Angus has this covered.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Tangletail
Raw
Avatar of Tangletail

Tangletail Keyboard Knight

Member Seen 1 hr ago

@Tangletail

Save your spell slots. Angus has this covered.


It's a cantrip :P But it is all you.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

I’ll leave it to y’all what you’d wanna do.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

Cantrip illusion sounds good.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Online

@Lucius Cypher

Would I need to roll stealth to reach another part of the rooftops? Also, how close is the cyclops?
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@rush99999 Moving around the rooftop you're at you should be fine so long as you're not doing anything too obvious, however if you're moving to a different ruin then yes, with a new acrobatics or athletics since you're trying to preform this maneuver with more difficulty than before.

As for the cyclopse's distance, you're currently thirty feet above the ground and the cyclopes is crouched near the ground making him roughly twenty feet tall, however he would be taller if he stood up. So from the edge of the rooftop to the top of the cyclopes is about ten feet give or take.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Online

@Lucius Cypher

Is there anywhere Angus can go that puts him within 60 to 90 feet of the Cyclops that still gives him a clear shot with a ranged attack?
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@rush99999

None that you can access via roof hopping. Only the orc's hideout and the immediate buildings next to the ruins you're on will give you the benefit of highground/cover, and that's within 30 feet. Anything further than that and you'll have to climb down the ruins and at best hide behind a corner. But even that's only going to be about 40 feet away.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Online

@Lucius Cypher

Ok then. One last question. Would a 12 escape the cyclopes' notice, would a 22 get Angus the rooftops opposite the party, and would another 22 hit the cyclopes?
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Your friendly neighborhood deviant

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

@rush99999

Before I confirm anything, I just want to let you know that you are committing to these rolls: I fully expect you to be using them immediately, not holding your rolls until the situation changes or for your to discuss with the rest of your party. Because once I give you an answer I can guarantee you that it will start combat immediately before anyone else will get to react. With that in mind, will you still continue to act?
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Online

@Lucius Cypher

I've decided I won't go ahead with my idea just yet.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

@rush99999
I think Lilt/Roy should be the one doing the distraction considering we are the most dexterous in the whole party.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Online

@Searat

I've already made the necessary rolls. And while I might have rolled a 12 on one the other two were both 22s. If you think you could do better feel free to have Roy offer to run the distraction in Angus' stead. If not, have him find somewhere to hide and kick back until the cyclopes is sufficiently distracted.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

If things go badly, I just don't want you facing a cyclops alone while the rest of the party is a good distance away.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet