Hidden 5 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by Hazel
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hazel

Hazel

Member Seen 3 days ago

The bolt struck true, piercing the fleeing bandit's throat. She dropped to the ground with a sick thud, and began convulsing as blood poured out of either side of the wound.

After dodging the half-orc's chain, the cloaked bandit drew his dagger and lunged at his new opponent. But his attack missed too, striking the air just below Rosie's arm.

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by CDT0925
Raw
Avatar of CDT0925

CDT0925

Member Seen 8 days ago

Gascon


Gascon planted his greatsword into the bed of the wagon and pushed himself up. Embarassed, Gascon is determined to get out of the wagon without falling this time. He lifted his hefty boot, and carefully moved it to his next step; however, he underestimated his footing. Gascon came crashing down into the wagon again, cursing heavily, "Goddammit, fuckin' horsecock!" Luckily, he was closer to the edge of the wagon, and could likely jump out once he stood up again.

Hidden 4 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by Hazel
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hazel

Hazel

Member Seen 3 days ago

Odin took another swing, but missed yet again. A single tear ran down his cheek and early retirement crossed his mind. The rooftop bandit lashed out in response, his blade leaving a short gash across Odin's chest. More blood ran down his torso, but he was not fallen yet.

Kesal tried to hop off the wagon, but the wood proved too greasy. He fell face-first onto the ground beside the wagon. Fortunately the fall didn't cause any injury to his body, his pride however... He picked himself up and dusted himself off.

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Muttonhawk
Raw
Avatar of Muttonhawk

Muttonhawk Let Slip the Corgis of War

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Rosie kept up her assault as the cloaked man fought back. She could barely focus with all the heavy noises and profanity behind her. After taking another swing that the cloaked man promptly dodged, she shouted over her shoulder. "What the hell are you all doing back there?!"

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Grey
Raw
Avatar of Grey

Grey 🤔

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Ana


"Oh Rosie! You know," Ana chirped back, "Just a bit of fun with a ton of grease and four lads sprawled on the floor."

The youth locked another bolt into place and took aim at the bandit who was bullying a poor one-eyed man. Unfortunately Ana missed, thus becoming yet another cog in the machine of Odin's misfortunes.

Hidden 4 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by Hazel
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hazel

Hazel

Member Seen 3 days ago

"All this bloodshed, only to have the place you're supposed to be protecting burn down around you!" The cloaked bandit laughed, a mad glint in his eye. He lashed out again with his dagger, but missed wildly.

Smoke is now billowing out of the barn door.

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by CDT0925
Raw
Avatar of CDT0925

CDT0925

Member Seen 8 days ago

Gascon


Gascon would infinitely prefer to knock some heads together, but the rest of this ragtag group could likely do that, and somebody had to douse the fire or this battle would be in vain. Gascon hopped out of the wagon and shimmied between the barn and the wagon across the grease. Once he was off the grease he began hustling towards Oleg's as fast as his body would allow him.

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Cu Chulainn
Raw
Avatar of Cu Chulainn

Cu Chulainn teach me how to dougie

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Odin Ivarsson


After a series of bad life choices and missed attacks, Odin's knife finally found purchase. His dagger sunk deep into the bandit's shoulder joint, dealing a fair amount of damage. Beaten, bloodied, but not broken just yet, Odin braces for another attack, saying a quick prayer to Erastil.

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Cu Chulainn
Raw
Avatar of Cu Chulainn

Cu Chulainn teach me how to dougie

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Odin Ivarsson


After a series of bad life choices and missed attacks, Odin's knife finally found purchase. His dagger sunk deep into the bandit's shoulder joint, dealing a fair amount of damage. Beaten, bloodied, but not broken just yet, Odin braces for another attack, saying a quick prayer to Erastil.

1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by The Large Dumbo
Raw
Avatar of The Large Dumbo

The Large Dumbo Duke-King-President of Candyland

Member Seen 3 mos ago

Kesal Sajorren


Kesal tightened the grip on his weapon as he surveyed the battlefield once more. Gascon had run off to go get Oleg, Rosie was trying to take down the cloaked man, Odin seemed to be in quite a bind from the way things sounded and Ana was in the process of trying to fend off the bandit attacking him. Perhaps it might be a good idea to aid him: he doubted the cloaked figure presented himself a serious threat at the moment, and the burning barn would likely be something that they would have to deal with once they had finished with these bandits. With that in mind, he began to approach the ladder.

Hidden 4 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by Hazel
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hazel

Hazel

Member Seen 3 days ago

The bandit screeched as Odin's blade met its mark. Although he dealt a powerful blow, it seemed to inspire a new and deadly focus in his opponent. Odin saw a flash of the bandit's dagger one final time before the blade plunged into his stomach. White hot pain flooded his senses as he collapsed onto the roof, his blood beginning to stain the thatching beneath him. The bandit let loose an adrenaline-infused cackle and moved across the roof.

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Muttonhawk
Raw
Avatar of Muttonhawk

Muttonhawk Let Slip the Corgis of War

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Rosie kept her eyes fixed and narrow on the cloaked bandit's movements. She stepped back and let his dagger swing into the void where her arm had been an instant before and brought her chain up behind her in the same movement. "You should'a run!" She shouted before her chain swung up and over the man's shoulder, raking his back with marks.

Just an inch to the left and his neck could have been sliced open. But Rosie was not done yet. She ducked in close within the enemy dagger's measure and weaved to the side. After twisting his way out of the chain, the bandit threw a wild stab to Rosie's side, only for Rosie to stop and slam her buckler into the bandit's wrist. Her other hand caught her chain halfway up its length before slashing it across the bandit's face. Through the harsh gashes, the bandit's eyes glazed and fluttered as he collapsed to the ground.

Rosie gave Gascon a glance and spat at the feet of the bandit. She then dropped into a run around the tables towards the homestead. "OLEG! SVETLANA! GET OUT HERE!" She shouted.



Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Hazel
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hazel

Hazel

Member Seen 3 days ago

Ana possessed by a moment of evil, or pity perhaps, attempted to finish off Odin with a bolt. The gods stayed their hand, however, seeming to slap the crossbow out of their hand and down to the wagon below.

Blood began to pool around the collapsed cloaked bandit, and flames overtook the door of the barn.

The house's front doors flew open, and Oleg stepped out, rolling a barrel ahead of him. "Smelled the fire, here, it's water!"

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by CDT0925
Raw
Avatar of CDT0925

CDT0925

Member Seen 8 days ago

Gascon


Seeing that Rosie was about to retrieve the barrel of water from Oleg, Gascon pulled out a javelin. He knew there was just one more bandit left, and he was going to launch the javelin at it as hard as he could once he saw it.

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by The Large Dumbo
Raw
Avatar of The Large Dumbo

The Large Dumbo Duke-King-President of Candyland

Member Seen 3 mos ago

Kesal Sajorren


Kesal sheathed his blade, realizing that holding it would merely impede his ability to climb the ladder. Once he reached the roof, his eyes darted first over to Odin's dying body, then to the bandit standing on the edge of the roof. Odin was in desperate need of medical attention, he presumed, but it would have to wait: the brigand on the roof was still a very near threat.

Hidden 4 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by Hazel
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hazel

Hazel

Member Seen 3 days ago

The rooftop bandit turned and saw Kesal as he climbed the ladder. He gave the elf a mischievous grin and hopped off the other side. His landing could be heard with a dull thud, and he appeared around the corner near the gate. Gascon threw his readied javelin, but missed his mark, and the bandit darted out the front gate.

Ana reacted quickly, tossing some rose petals from their side pouch, gesturing, and incanting. Mid-run the bandit collapsed on the dirt road in to a deep slumber.



Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Muttonhawk
Raw
Avatar of Muttonhawk

Muttonhawk Let Slip the Corgis of War

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

"Less talk, more push! Let's go!" Rosie vaulted over the barrel and spun to roll it across the yard with Oleg. She had no idea whether it was enough but it was the best they had.

Her eyes darted to her left to keep abreast of the situation. Just as she thought, the last enemy saw fit to run. That she could not quite see Odin from where she was was not a concern she could afford to pay attention to.

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by CDT0925
Raw
Avatar of CDT0925

CDT0925

Member Seen 8 days ago

Gascon


Gascon marched off towards the bandit that suddenly collapsed into slumber. Once he got there he pulled out 5 feet of rope and quickly cut it off from the rest of the coil. Then, Gascon quickly set to tying up the bandit. It took him only a few seconds as this was something he often had to do in service to the kingdom. Once the deed was done, he dragged the bandit's worthless mass along the ground towards the cloaked bandit. Once arriving at the cloaked bandit, he dropped the first and once again set upon his duty.

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Muttonhawk
Raw
Avatar of Muttonhawk

Muttonhawk Let Slip the Corgis of War

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

Rosie and Oleg slowed the barrel down before a wall of smoke and roaring flames. "Shit, uhh..." She peered around to assess the options, for saving the barn was not one of them. Her mind was made up quickly when she saw wisps of smoke and steam rising from the well-seasoned timber of the palisade wall.

"I'm taking the wall!" She proclaimed.

It was trivial to find a nearby sizeable rag to dunk into the water. Slapping the timber with the wet rag to soak the most vulnerable spots took the rest of her attention. No use defending any of it if the wall was ruined.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Hazel
Raw
GM
Avatar of Hazel

Hazel

Member Seen 3 days ago

As Rosie took control of the water barrel, Oleg disappeared back into his house, and returned alongside Svetlana, rolling another barrel towards the barn.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet