Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by SleepingSilence
Raw
GM
Avatar of SleepingSilence

SleepingSilence OC, Plz No Stealz.

Member Seen 3 days ago




Initiation:Prologue

We could recall a time in the not-so-distant future when we convinced ourselves that Armageddon had arrived. We weren’t warned and it came from nowhere; no satellites, governments, or religious organizations had predicted the four straight days of meteors striking our planet. Assuming our inevitable misfortune after the missile defense systems had no effect on them. Though even as they pounded us relentlessly, each caused minimal damage upon impact and we received no casualties. It felt like a cruel, sick joke where the only appropriate thought was,“What’s taking so long?” But the few brave enough to examine the meteors closely, would discover an incredible material that would soon be used as our primary energy source. At midnight the last one fell, and strange but highly comprehensive communications would begin to explain how it could be utilized efficiently. Finally learning that we weren’t alone in the universe, but we didn't know the half of it...

It felt miraculous in how far technology had progressed ever since that meteor shower. Minds once so narrow you’d never expect them to be traveling throughout the galaxy. But now those with skills to be recruited, or the money to invest, had the capabilities to vacation on another planet we hadn’t realized existed. But because galactic politics were still in its earliest stages where they hadn’t ruined anyone's fun yet, space expeditions and searching for extraterrestrials became a part of regular life. It was deemed necessary to allow everyone to observe and cooperate to deter fear of alien conflict. It helped that distinguishing different languages was made possible with ‘Nebutum’; the same fuel given to us to improve all aspects of society. But we had just scratched the surface for curious eyes bleeding for more. And us true ‘Pathfinders’ wouldn’t be content in letting our lives go to waste by leaving the unknown unexplored. I guess that’s why you ended up finding yourself where the less spirited wouldn’t be caught dead.

As a Pathfinder, a term of endearment to only those who got frequently called it, in your own starship drifting across the beautiful blue view below reminding you a starship is but a pebble skipping across the ocean compared to the vastness of space. How could one be so calm when you were light years away from your home planet? Well your captain’s chair was pretty darn comfy, but it was really an optimistic nature and determination that got your butt into it. Old you would probably be surprised how many months of provisions could be so easily compartmentalized inside such a seemingly compact craft. Food, water and all other supplies you packed were inside a dimensional storage container that was shaped like a mini-fridge and as long as the objects in question could normally fit, it was fair game. And while you were going through a remote area, if you had a general idea of where your coordinates were on your radar, it would be relatively smooth travels ahead. So it wasn’t a time for you to fret over what to do next, but kick back and relax. Maybe have an early lunch…but what were you in the mood for? Yes, that was the greatest challenge you faced...at least for now.

Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by amorphical
Raw
coGM
Avatar of amorphical

amorphical Admirer

Member Seen 1 yr ago

Ali prefered the solitude of travel to having to worry about crew and fights that may result in someone going outside for a walk. The ship was quiet as the vessel drifted through space. Only the soft hum of the electricle grid behind some of the panels could be heard. Ali was content trying to decide either chicken or fish for lunch. She caught herself giving a small smirk only after she realized they were both freeze dried and would taste the same either way.

The magnetic boots were the only real thing keeping her from floating around. It spent too much power to keep the artificial gravity on for the whole trip. No it was highly recommended that the ship conserve power for emergencies and things like life support.

The main things to make sure of was the radar and collision system were given a daily once over. The reasons were one, it was busy work to keep people from space madness. Two it would save your ship if by chance another ship was going in the same direction. Too many of those stories where working off old gravity charts a pilot programmed a trip only to have another ship crash into them killing everyone.

Ali became an above average mechanic, and a fairly decent pilot. The two skills she was trained on but after the accident she worked harder at being a damn good mechanic. Looking at her arms before making a fist with her right robotic hand. That would never happen again!

Her exercise regiment all mental activities to keep her sharp were mysteriously overwritten with trids(3dvideos) of her favorite shows. She managed with some of the repair equipment and emergency parts to create a reclining chair. Moving one of the larger monitors to a bolted position above her head; Ali leaned the the full back position and binge watch some of them for a time.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by SleepingSilence
Raw
GM
Avatar of SleepingSilence

SleepingSilence OC, Plz No Stealz.

Member Seen 3 days ago

Everything onboard the ship was in perfect order, and the radar remained free of signals of other ships, life and dangerous obstacles. Providing you the security to gaze at the massive blue planet below and what was likely its own moon orbiting around it. For the past few hours you’ve been in uncharted territory, and as thrilling as that felt, it meant any attempts to use your computer to research what planets you were near or where you were heading to would turn up no results. Nor were you certain how safe you'd be, but you accepted life was one big risk and had been incredibly careful for your whole trip.

However, your computer was still receiving faint signals from other Pathfinder’s ships that were coming from all over the place. Which wasn’t unusual as you were by no means the only one in space. Just a visual reminder that if you were bored with talking to yourself, you had options. Most of them shared similar backgrounds and were educated and curious minds, so the conversations would never be boring. Their trucker lifestyle of constant and long trips away from home, allowed them to be chummy with one another from impossible distances, which certainly helped alleviate any intense feelings of loneliness. Or put more accurately, the highly advanced communication systems built inside these ships did that. Nebutum technology was amazing...

...Beep.

Did your ears deceive you? No, the radar must've picked something up. In most instances it was a piece of debris floating in space that was close enough to notice, but a single beep was never the end of world...

Beep.

That was too fast to be another object. Seems like whatever it found was getting closer and was big enough to be worth paying attention to.

Beep, Beep, Beep.
Beep, Beep, Beep!
Beep, Beep, Beep!

It began to increase in speed and volume, getting faster and louder like an alarm clock gone feral. But you recognized that something was immediately amiss. Besides having nothing in your view at the time, not even from a distance. Which a cloaking device, theoretically, could answer that conundrum. But the radar was free of any blinking dots displaying any kind of object, or life anywhere in your proximity, and that didn't seem logistically possible as it showed no signs of it failing to properly function. If it was from your dimension, you'd have seen it by now and taken the appropriate countermeasures...

So what were you even—

Instant blackout. No amount of shielding or armor plating would've helped you stay conscious from whatever had just directly collided into your ship. Fortunately you'd eventually come to and prove to be unharmed with the lights back on and the ships systems surprisingly remaining entirely intact like nothing had actually damaged you at all. So what the hell happened to you? You and your ship weren't endangered yet, so assessing your surroundings would be the next thing on the checklist. But as you drifted through a kaleidoscope of colors the only thing in your view was a large object directly in front of you. But it was no debris, it looked like another spaceship! A model you had never witnessed before, even on the more sketchy forums that claim to have recorded and documented alien ships. Vertical and in dark red plating that might have been made from Nebutum? How could that be possible—

But before you could possibly grasp your scenario and theorize every aspect, you had another rude interruption. An incoming transmission request from...that alien spacecraft.



Destination One: Another Dimension
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by amorphical
Raw
coGM
Avatar of amorphical

amorphical Admirer

Member Seen 1 yr ago

Ali awoke on the floor after being thrown from the chair where she was watching her show. She scrambled to her feet and raced to the helm! Frantic to find out what happened and why! Swearing if those jerks at the last port stripped off a part she would make them pay for a new ship and bigger than this floating escape pod! Ali's fingers raced across the control panel flipping switches and pressing buttons to get answers as to what the hell happened! The cyborg turned it all on and started a full system check! At the same time she had the ship sensors do a hardcore search of the immediate grid. The system panel surprisingly came back all green. No holes venting air, no damage to structural integrity, no fires detected, computer core was intact, electrical systems ...were running on emergency backups! Ali hit the panel and the levels stayed the same, empty! Diagnostics showed a 600% drain on the system in a matter of seconds! Just as she was about to investigate that the computer beeped with the results of the sensor information.

"Location unknown... Charts do not conform to sensor information."
"Vessel unknown.... composition, faction unknown, propulsion unknown."

Bowing her head at the situation Ali extended the solar panels just in case, followed by the SOS emergency broadcast for assistance. She wasn't sure that the ship would be able to understand the message or even help. All she could do was try. Her ship was adrift and the energy she was now using drained the three day backup she originally never thought would ever be used. After all the core had a half life of ten thousand light years. If the ship didn't answer the hail then The girl would shut it all down except life support and wait for more information being compiled by the main computer after a few day recharge.

As the return signal came from the unknown space craft she hesitated before opening a comm line to the other vessel. "This is the Galactic Nexus class ship, the Iccuras. Requesting aid, after suffering a severe power loss." Ali ended the transmission even though there was certainly more to communicate. The reply was more important.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by SleepingSilence
Raw
GM
Avatar of SleepingSilence

SleepingSilence OC, Plz No Stealz.

Member Seen 3 days ago

You were quickly blasted with a zealous and deep voice in response.

“Loud and clear! Quite the bizarre circumstance if I do say so myself! Seems as if ours ships had accidentally collided in and out of a multidimensional wormhole! But it’s wonderful that you seem unharmed! I am Oraborom! I’ve called my ship, “The Ingentis”, and I’m obliged to grant you assistance!”

The message had ended, which allowed your ears to recover and ponder your situation. You hadn’t heard either term before, hinting that the sender was alien life or a sarcastic bastard. But you were familiar enough with the theory of dimensional wormholes and why your brain instantly wanted to write the possibility off. In layman terms, they were supposed to be warping points through completely separate dimensions. But it was likely that, regardless of their existence, they’d be too chaotic for ships and humanity to handle traveling in. And even without the instant death, it would only transport one-way, meaning you’d be hopelessly lost. But because your S.O.S broadcast didn't receive any replies, and you seemed to be cut off from your fellow Pathfinders, you couldn't ignore that option.

Suddenly, you had something more immediate to be concerned about. The ship in front of you seemed to be charging up an ominous ball of red surging energy that was growing underneath his ship. The last thing you were going to survive was a firefight or outmaneuver another spacecraft. At this point you weren't certain if their enthusiasm was a saving grace or your end. But it you didn't do or say anything, you'd learn soon...
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by amorphical
Raw
coGM
Avatar of amorphical

amorphical Admirer

Member Seen 1 yr ago

Folding her mechanical arms she stood there knowing there was only one real option to her. Perhaps this Oraborom, could be persuaded to tow her to a orbital space station for repairs and safety. Leaning forward on the control panel Ali pressed the comm button. "I need repairs and new data for my navigational charts. Would you be willing to tow my vessel to a nearby space station?" She waited with baited breath. At least on a station there was a better chance of law enforcement. In the black there was only one law, survival. Dying in the black was no way for a person like her to go. Even if they refused to take her in tow then Ali may be forced to seek refuge aboard their vessel and abandon her own. She really wished she had spent the extra money for a visual communication array. It was just normally not worth it for her to look at some space jock in their underwear, or allowing them to see Ali was in hers. Also the extra equipment would have a slightly larger draw on the electrical system and on long journeys her speakers were more of a friend to her than another face.

She may be stranded but with so many unknowns the cyborg readied herself for whatever might be next. Suiting up in a space suit. Getting her energy rifle and a jagged knife. It was easy in space to kill someone with only a tear in their environmental suit. The knife made it simple. Alis suit was a bit different in that it had no sleeves to get caught on something and tear. Her arms were metal and a tough composite of carbonite half the weight of titanium and twice the tensile strength. It would take a diamond saw or a plasma torch working on them for a few minutes to damage them in any meaningful way. So far in her dimension they were literal life savers on more than one occasion.Looking out the front window Ali could see the red glow. She waited...
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by SleepingSilence
Raw
GM
Avatar of SleepingSilence

SleepingSilence OC, Plz No Stealz.

Member Seen 3 days ago

The red ball finished growing in size and then it seemed to beamed some its energy straight at your ship. Your ship was covered in a translucent red light in an instance, but you weren’t taking any damage according to your computer. But it was slowly drawing you closer to the other, were you in a tractor beam? You were pretty certain that technology was still in its infancy stages back on your home planet and did that imply that was he beaming you inside his ship? It was certainly larger than yours, vertically, but the alien’s craft didn’t appear to have the width necessary for that to be feasible. The only alternative that could be rationally assumed was that it was bringing you close to make it easier to help you, though if that was all, why not just approach your ship?

Those preconceptions vanished along with your ship did from the vacuum of space. Finding your craft on solid ground and surrounded by pale red lights that dimly illuminated the entire area. You were in the middle of a large and empty docking bay. Rub them if you must, but your eyes weren’t deceiving you. Your computer was able to conclude that there was sufficient oxygen and an atmosphere clear of toxins that would allow you to exit the ship without needing specialized equipment. You heard loud speakers that filled the area with that same passionate voice that sent you the message before. “Welcome abroad, The Ingentis. Feel free to come through the big doors on your starboard side, that will lead you down a long hallway where I’m at the very end. I’m afraid I’ll have to enlighten you about both of our current situation. But don’t be a stranger, or be intimidated by my stature. I look forward to seeing the face behind my guest.”

You saw large mechanical doors from both the northwest and the northeast that looked like it could easily fit an elephant through them, and you had to wonder just how big was the first alien you would come into contact with? Hardly seemed like you were given another choice at this point...
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by amorphical
Raw
coGM
Avatar of amorphical

amorphical Admirer

Member Seen 1 yr ago

Her mind raced as she shut down the small crafts main power and all of the systems. Leaving the suit on with the collapsible helmet and mag boots made Ali feel a little safer. If they did decompress the bay she wouldn't be sucked out into the black. Her built in insurance policy was the ace in the hole. She set the timer for an hour. If they kept her longer then that then the shuttles computer would turn on and overload the generators micro fusion initiators and cause a explosion large enough to take out the bay and all the adjoining spaces. She kept the rifle and knife because not taking them would be just inviting trouble. Taking a deep breath before leaving the safest place she had ever known.

She left the bay and proceeded to walk down the large hallway wondering if the captain was compensating for something. Ali didn't recognize the structure even from the inside. It wasn't a Terran craft. Maybe one of the mars colonies the cyborg heard of in the bar. As she walked down the hall she wished she had bought a grenade, or four. From interdimensional rifts in space to this her trip was shaping up to be far more interesting than Ali bargained for. Giving a soft shrug with a sigh the cyborg continued on down the oversized hallway. The thought of getting her rifle ready was now overshadowed by what good it would actually be against something that needed a hallway this size. Worst case scenario was she could shoot her way out after it ate her.

Not seeing any other way around this problem Ali looked at the door pad and pressed what could only be a door pad to open the door. Raising the left robotic hand Ali pressed the pad and waited to see just who and or what was on the other side.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by SleepingSilence
Raw
GM
Avatar of SleepingSilence

SleepingSilence OC, Plz No Stealz.

Member Seen 3 days ago

Assuming she understood and followed his basic instructions, she headed down an enormous hallway that lead in one direction with no windows or obstacles in the way. Only seeing a single mechanical doorway at the opposite end, similar yet smaller than the previous one she entered. Its emptiness almost seemed like wasted space and you didn’t dare touch the twisting and elaborate pipe-like walls on either side that appeared be continuously flowing with a surging electrical current like you were inside one big battery. Though you weren’t in any danger if you did, as it would strangely feel the same as your own ship. The door pad was conveniently placed within your reach and pushing any of the buttons would have it quickly ascend and in its place would be some kind of blood-red energy barrier. And if you were to stand dumbfounded for too long you’d hear encouraging words coming from the other side of the barrier. “Step inside! The barrier is harmless, and is only there to keep this an enclosed space which separates it from the rest of the ship. So everything else could explode and I’d remain safe from harm.”

When she phased through the barrier in front of her, she found herself in a spherical shaped room that was devoid of gravity. The entire space was illuminated with reddish light coming from the walls seeming to be entirely comprised of bright holographic screens. It was the smallest part of the ship that she explored thus far, but it wouldn’t make her feel claustrophobic. Her body still had autonomy but it remained adrift without the ability move forward and back, nor go any higher or lower. Turning herself around was possible, though the door she entered from was now nowhere to be seen. But that likely wasn’t on her mind, as it was occupied by the hulking bipedal dragon facing her. A beast of sheer intimidation mixed with pompous sophistication. His huge horns and a body covered with spikes made its point. But few beasts wore belted pants and were draped in a flowing collared cape with armored shoulder pads. Nor have such a glaringly apparent intellect as it looked at her with his beady golden eyes, this was an Oraborom and clearly the captain of this vessel. His head, hands and feet were equipped in the same material that coated the walls, appearing to be an astro-helmet, gauntlets and space boots made out of transparent light. The enthusiasm and bombastic flair of his voice hadn’t been lost even when he spoke at a near-reasonable level for how close he was to her.

“Welcome to my Master Control Room. Please allow me to give us some proper seats, so that we may begin our discussion.”

She saw the room’s walls underneath them begin to change shape and stretch upwards as it changed into two large claws shaped like his own that would serve as their chairs, each comparable to their size, pushing against her and rising her up from underneath and forming into an armchair for each to sit upon. Her feet would finally feel like it was touching solid ground when circular platforms formed underneath her feet. It was a surreal experience feeling forced to sit down on a dragon’s claw chair made from the solidified light. Her life was quite literally in his hands. His chair was a lot lower to the ground, so she’d still be looking up to see the face of the creature, just less dramatically so.

“Comfortable? Then shall we proceed with our names?” He said then continued before such an answer could be received. “You can address me as Raargorgathan. Pleased to meet you, even in such circumstances. Forgive me for saying so, but I’ve never seen your species in my sector before.”

His name was a mouthful and his pause seemed to signify that it was your turn to open it.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by amorphical
Raw
coGM
Avatar of amorphical

amorphical Admirer

Member Seen 1 yr ago

Ali tilted her head to the side looking at the imposing figure. A soft smile grew on her face. In her mind she could her the seconds ticking away. Taking a few steps forward she leaned on the back of the seat offered. "I've never seen one such as yourself. What system are you from?" She paused for the answer, looking more than a little lost trying to recall if she had heard it before. Ali was becoming a little desperate for answers.

Ali's voice was natural and semi calm as she spoke. "My name is Nako. If you're heading to a star port or a place where there is an oxygen nitrogen environment and a place to buy parts, then I can repair my vessel. I have the feeling however I'm not in the same place I was a moment ago. In fact the AI in my ship cant seem to lock onto any local star configuration to create a bearing of where I am. Which means that there is a good chance that my currency is just as useless as my navigational charts...." Ali rapped her metal finger on the chair in front of her.

Really the only things giving hr courage at this moment was the timer ticking away and the rifle still at her back. doubting it would really do anything to this creature, still Ali was semi positive it would be in just a tight spot if it's ship was severely damaged. Honestly all she wanted was to just survive and find a starport with answers. Yea, answers would be nice right about now...

Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by SleepingSilence
Raw
GM
Avatar of SleepingSilence

SleepingSilence OC, Plz No Stealz.

Member Seen 3 days ago

He appeared to be amused by her first remark as his grin got a bit wider and his body leaned in. “You've never heard of the Oraborom? Heh. Then my speculations were correct...” Stroking his chin with certainty, with his eyes seeming to stare into her soul, perhaps he was pondering what to say next. Returning to a laid-back posture, resting his claws atop the armrests while speaking frankly. “The systems we’re from shouldn’t be our primary concern at the moment. Instead, it appears due to us colliding into each other, neither of us are where we belong. So we’re both equally at fault for finding ourselves stuck in this situation. So I propose we work together to find our way back home. And I'm already working on that, observe...”

A section of the ceiling seemed be caving in and dropping from between them, but it was just the red light morphing its shape again, this time changing into a transparent holographic screen that displayed the colorful space that surrounded the ship's exterior. He didn’t seem to bother explaining how he was able to operate this bizarre interface, maybe it was easier to make your own assumptions, but the additional information he did give only lead to further complications. “I’m afraid I don't know what happened, or anything about the dimension we’ve ended up in. But I can tell you that I neither have money, nor the mechanical knowledge to know how to repair your ship. And I’ve already tried sending out waves meant to detect planets or ships that receive communication signals in the same way I used to speak to you. But I haven’t picked up anything yet, which may mean we’re quite distant from any planet with intelligent life. So for now, I believe we’re on our own...that might not be the answer you were looking for. But I wouldn't worry, as you’re free to stick around here until I can find us a safe spot to land.”

You were given permission to sit tight and wait for this creature to find any source of life that may be able to help. But he didn't seem to have many more answers than you did, least not the ones that lead you closer to home...until then you could try asking it more questions or offer suggestions. But it probably wouldn't hurt to pick your words carefully...
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by amorphical
Raw
coGM
Avatar of amorphical

amorphical Admirer

Member Seen 1 yr ago

The answers from the large creature perplexed Ali further. Leaving more questions than solutions. Neither of them apparently with a background in the sciences there was only one way this would end. with a sigh, "Looks like we're atuck here until we find someone with answers. I would need a few items from my craft then together we can find whatever form of space faring life is here and with a little negotiating make a life for ourselves here. What is this vessels frequency range? We need to begin searching for any type of transmissions and I can send out the two emergency probes to help with that. We can leave one stationary for a reference point and beacon for where the rift is. Then launch the other in the opposite direction in relation to our course. We need to start taking inventory of the rations and figure out how long we can search for species with advance tech while looking for the basics of food and water components. The only real saving grace to my craft is the replication unit. Although I got it at a discount so it needs the base elements to synthesize water and food."

The flashing light within her eye showing the count down was reaching the limit made her sweat a little. Waiting till after the large creature replied. "Well I need to get back to start making the necessary preparations to the probes in order for this plan to work if your on board." Ali waited to hear what the big guy had in mind. Would he go with it or not? Only it needed to be fairly brief or there would be an issue with the possible alliance.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by SleepingSilence
Raw
GM
Avatar of SleepingSilence

SleepingSilence OC, Plz No Stealz.

Member Seen 3 days ago

His eyes shift to the upper-right corner for a moment, letting out a sharp exhale through his nostrils, creating the only noise in the silent atmosphere that surrounds them. His claws clench the armrests before focusing back at her with an empathetic expression. At least that’s what it looks like on your face, what it meant to the alien could’ve been wildly different. But it was almost surprising to hear his voice soften and be seemingly calmer in response. “I believe I understand your concerns in these matters. If you wish to return to the docking bay, I can let you go to your ship and document your inventory during my own procedures. I’ll have you know that you’re welcome to shares of my food, it provides many of the same nutrients that you require and shouldn’t be harmful for your digestive system or other bodily functions. But I implore that you wait until we land on a safe planet before sending out those probes. Because there’s a lot of complicated problems we’ll run into if you send them out now, and it will be wasted efforts. And I’m afraid if we spend too much time discussing this while remaining adrift in this zone, we’ll just be damning ourselves from finding our solution.”

It was a vague warning indeed, but one that felt calculated. A decision to choose those words weren’t made lightly or from lack of experience. Pathfinders didn’t reach such magnificent heights by failing to judge people’s intentions, and his worry about the probes seemed genuine enough. So she was presented with a conundrum that he waited for her agreement to head to her ship, so that he could quickly settle in a location where the rest could be determined later. But you’d likely need to wait to ask many pertinent queries, like how he knew what resources your body needs if he’d never heard of your species. It didn’t sound like a lie to mislead or blindly reassure. You could kind of get the vibe that he had a solid conviction in his plan and that doubting him wouldn’t be favored. So the question would be if she’d be better off challenging that assertion and questioning the exact reasoning behind his hesitations. Or agreeing and waiting for him to prove himself as a useful ally to stick around in this strange dimension you found yourself in...
Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by amorphical
Raw
coGM
Avatar of amorphical

amorphical Admirer

Member Seen 1 yr ago

((With two characters I can add to the post lengths for advancing.))

"That would be fine. I better get started." The counter in her vision tried to warn Ali that time was quickly running out. As soon as she left the room the cyborg started to sprint to the pod. The color now orange and then red as she ran. Turning the corner to the bay just in time to see the skull and crossbones pop up. She was out of time. Her metal hand inches away from the bay doors open button. Ali opened the outer doors....

The counter reached zero and the core should have overloaded in a massive plasma explosion. It didn't. Instead the overloaded energy and the subspace particles merged to do something differently. To the point of severely breaking the old laws of physics. The vessel instead fused with the plasma, subspace particles, and microbes in a purplish blue light show that then imploded into itself crushing and twisting the hull of the shuttle and all its components to form the first robotic intelligence of its kind. From a fetal position to instantly standing the elven looking android turned to face the the door that opened by its command and looked at the cyborg with a smile.

The blue and smoked chrome humanoid walked towards Ali. "I am ...I." The machine stopped and looked down at the floor. "I..." The new born artificial life form held up its 'hands' examining them unblinking before looking back up at Ali.

"I am, Bri. Bri Matahari." Ali noticed the name was more than familiar as that was the false name of many of the comm messages she had made in boredom with other captains nearby. Holding back a smirk Ali only nodded.

Bri continued. "I am here to... I do not know. What should I do captain?"

Ali was a little shocked in the few seconds it took for everything to occur and now to be called captain by the very alias she had used in faceless communications. Almost made her head reel. She shook her head and snapped out of it choosing to deal with the now."We, should get back to the bridge and tell the other crew what happened. Will you accompany me Bri?"

Together the walked back to the captain of this alien vessel. "When we get there Bri I need you to be reserved until later. Allow me to do the talking. If I remember correctly just watch and listen."

Bri thought for a microsecond before nodding. After all the captain was Ali and she was the second command.

Upon arriving to the main chamber standing before Raargorgathan. "There was a problem with the shuttle. A crack in the plasma port became contaminated with the antimatter from the dimensional rift we went through. There was an implosion of my craft and now the resulting fusion of elements made..." She motioned with her finger to Bri.

Bri nodded up at the reptilian creature.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by SleepingSilence
Raw
GM
Avatar of SleepingSilence

SleepingSilence OC, Plz No Stealz.

Member Seen 3 days ago

A red flash would engulf her vision after their conversation was over. An involuntarily blink of her eyes would reveal the same hallway, standing with her back facing the closed door of the Master Control Room. Raargorgathan would resume his original posture, pushing the previous screen away as it zipped backwards into the distance and a different one emerged from beneath. It displayed various statistics in an alien language that was familiar to him. It would describe Ali with any information that had ever been put into her ship’s database. This was normally collected by government agencies to document those they may need to contact in the future. Along with the Pathfinder’s main organization to help them keep track of purchased spaceships in cases of theft, or if a Pathfinder is reported to be lost in space.

Firmly tapping it with his claw to show another display, then stroking his chin and smirking. “Excellent. Seems we’ll be there shortly…”

*** Processing Completed ***
*** Planet Coordinates Entered ***
*** Immediate Course Set ***
*** Calculating Landing Time... ***

*** Lifeform Entrance! ***

A warning buzz met his ears, followed by the emergency notification at the moment her craft imploded and left her with the A.I. The first thing to cross his mind wasn’t concern, as he knew the ship wouldn’t receive damage from the strange occurrence. But he would still exit and let The Ingentis’ auto-piloting handle the rest, as his curiosity was piqued. Raargorathan hadn’t taken a step before focusing below at two walking up beside him. Somehow he seemed even larger in stature compared to when there wasn’t a level floor to provide more accurate measurements. Keenly listening to her explanation as he didn’t appear certain. If it wasn’t interpreted as a sign of mistrust, perhaps the confusion came from this being another instance that he never encountered. His sudden reaction might have startled them, though unintentional, his claws resting on his hips as he bellowed out a fit of laughter. His bombastic voice soon confirmed her suspicions that he was taking this news and stranger's appearance in good spirits.

“Yes! Very interesting indeed! Welcome aboard, ‘The Ingentis’! I’m the Captain of this vessel and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Please, call me Raargorgathan.” He greeted the A.I, raising his claw to the center of his chest. His gaze turned to Ali as he continued to speak with enthusiasm. “I have news for you as well. I’ve located a safe and unoccupied planet for us and we’ll be touching down in due time. So we the meantime, would you permit me to scan the artificial intelligence? It'll be a completely harmless process, but I require it to check for potential viruses usually built deeply into their code that could risk corrupting my ship."

You couldn't feel or see the ship's movement, but it sounded like it wouldn't be long now before you settled. Even if the problems of finding a way back home remained up in the vacuum of space. It didn't seem like it would be wise to give no for an answer, unless she wanted to be very creative...
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by amorphical
Raw
coGM
Avatar of amorphical

amorphical Admirer

Member Seen 1 yr ago

Ali softly shrugged, "If it's ok with Bri." Honestly Ali had no idea how to take this newest edition either. All she did know is that it might not be the worst idea for the person who had a vessel to do this. It was definitely out of her area of expertise. Ali was a mechanic but micro circuitry and A.I. was a whole other level. Not knowing what Bri was capable of made Ali step back and then another step back for good measure.

Bri stood there. She had a 360 radar so there was no reason to look back at Ali. After a few minutes of interrogation Raargorgathan would get the full list of this new crew member.

List:
Zero biologic
Unknown metallurgic compound.
Structure compressed base architecture of humanoid with enhanced structural integrity sub systems. (able to withstand 3 tonnes of direct pressure to any system before integrity failure.)
Strength 10x3 (can lift a tonne and toss it 50 yards.)
Energy source unquantifiable type of fusion reaction of unknown properties.
Life span unknown.
Sensory radius of 100 yards blocked by physical barriers, or EM fields.
Unable to decipher program language due to quantum fluctuations in the software.
Theoretically can store the equivalent of 200 years worth of 8k video. (in hours thats 1,752,000 !)(( So if you watched a 8k movie for 8hrs a day that would take 219,000 days to watch the whole thing or 600 years.))
No weapons detected.

End of scan.
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by SleepingSilence
Raw
GM
Avatar of SleepingSilence

SleepingSilence OC, Plz No Stealz.

Member Seen 3 days ago

Ali was left in the hallway to wait and wonder if they were being put under the similar conditions. A perfect representation of her options; leaving the ruins of everything that happened behind her and going the only way forward. Because an A.I had imploded from her ship — yet she managed to find something more alien than the Oraborom; Raargorgathan’s sense of humor. Listening to minutes of incomprehensible jokes that he was broadcasting to her; pebbles of words tossed out into an endless flow of laughter. But while the one-sided small talk might’ve pierced more sensitive ears, it was a double-edged sword that hopefully lifted her spirits from the gravity of this situation. Perhaps the nitrous oxide leaking inside the room could spread his infectiousness. Or at least his antics would make him seem innocuous and the assumed effort to lighten the mood would be appreciated.

Maybe sounding pleased as punch was why both were bathing in a dark red light like they were swimming in a bowl of it. The room was bright as his grinning face, even as his claw picked something unsightly from between his teeth. Sitting behind dual screens displaying information that was only observable to the side facing him; the ETA to the designated planet and the A.I’s scan. Unknown to the A.I across from him and the holographic wall that separated them, potentially making Bri feel distance despite their relative spatial closeness. That is — if he hadn’t explained the entire setup earlier and why his concentration needed to be precise. But it went by as quick as his ability to process all of the necessary data, so the mechanical door would soon open up and they’d step out through the barrier. Most of his movements were subtle as he stood with his claws resting on his hips.

“Thanks for your understanding and patience. We’ll be landing within the hour." He said briefly scratching his stomach with his left claw. "My sensors indicated that there won’t be intelligent life here, but I'd suggest we stay close to avoid misfortune. In the meantime, you were concerned about supplies, yes? Then allow me to show you what I have in my storage. Oh, and refer to me by my abbreviated name, Rhaegar.” He held the same claw up and firmly patting his upper-chest. “That’s considered to be the highest sign of mutual trust from where I'm from — which is required for an expedition. Now. Ali, Bri, come.

The request for them to follow him back into the docking bay was said with a blunt haste that might’ve sounded like an owner ordering his pets around. But if she wanted to survive, it was best to pick her battles carefully...




Letting his wing span stretch out once he reached the docking bay, softly flapping them once as a gust of wind was casted forward from such a lackluster movement, probably messing up some hair. The purpose became clear as the sound of the satisfyingly crack coming from his back. The quiet groan of relief didn’t help keep the mind pure, that had to have felt like getting flogged. But the brain hadn’t twisted into pretzels until he continued to lead the pair to the other large mechanical doorway. A pause — followed it opening up with the same procedure the last one did...

“This is why I assured you not to worry about food or supplies...”

Entering the 'storage' would give her a complimentary whiplash from it having enough metal crates containing he knows what. The sheer enormous scale would make her brain do a double take; like how could this be the same vessel from the outside? It was just reasonably taller than your ship standing up, it didn’t have the girth of a typical cargo ship. But this detour served as a decent distraction as the speedy descent and eventual touchdown hadn’t even been noticed by pair.

When they’d eventually look upon this desolate wasteland in all its splendor, the earth-like atmosphere was eerily similar. The air was dry and a little lacking in comparison, but not as dire as the rocky desert would imply and it would still be breathable for Ali without any additional equipment. It had the same gravity and mild temperatures in spite of the hellish orange ash clouds covering the skies. There wasn’t any buildings and lifeforms in sight; only many steep and jagged rock formations, big to mountainous, jutting out from the ground like it was the world’s thorn. From the looks of it, there was even a wide river that reached up to the distance horizon, albeit nearly dried out. The planet’s shining sun was what would’ve likely drew the most awe. So identical that it gave you the feeling of reaching home, even though you were eons away...
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by amorphical
Raw
coGM
Avatar of amorphical

amorphical Admirer

Member Seen 1 yr ago

Bri stood there looking over the vast expanse. Being the first landscape it had ever seen, it was not entirely unpleasant. Ali however found the whole area to be reminiscent of a nuclear war. Ali let out a sigh of being uninspired at the desolate landscape stretching out before her. She wouldnt have minded some water and beach like, anything instead of ...well this. The cyborg looked up at Rhaegar waiting for the next move.

Bri on the other hand never having seen any type of planet landscape before was more impressed. Even though the android still retained all the sensor logs and information from the shuttle it had never actually had the self awareness to formulate an opinion of it's own. "There is no viable water on the surface for Ali. The air while breathable is not recommended for prolong exposure. The semi acidic compound will break down lesser metals. Such as optical wires and smaller components. We should only remain exposed for a few days then we should decon and run maintenance scans for any minor damage. I calculate a maximum exposure to any mechanical object of 72 hours before server damage to the metals integrity. I would estimate the best sources of water would be below the surface of the land. Possibly in small underground lakes. Or with a modification the the ships life support we could extract the necessary elements from the atmosphere directly. However doing that would irrevocably damage that system while gathering the necessary quantities needed to sustain life for any significant length of time." Bri looked up at the reptilian life form for any acknowledgement.

Ali face-palmed at the report. "We would also need a replenishable source of food in either vegetation or animal life. Making sure it's not sentient. I think that alone may be more of a challenge in this type of environment. We would need to build some sort of vehicle and split up to have a greater chance of success."
Hidden 3 yrs ago 3 yrs ago Post by SleepingSilence
Raw
GM
Avatar of SleepingSilence

SleepingSilence OC, Plz No Stealz.

Member Seen 3 days ago

A ramp descended from the docking bay, exposing the trio to the desert atmosphere once they all stepped out of The Ingentis. Giving them both an opportunity to gaze at their surroundings; the only activity was the swirling red clouds above and the sun that hurt their eyes if they focused on it too long. If either were curious, one look could confirm that the ship’s exterior contradicted with how spacious it appeared to be from the inside. Rhaegar hadn’t spoken up yet, instead his wing shaded them as he swung it over his head and peered toward the horizon. Was he seeing something they weren’t? His posture and expression seem tenser than it had been moments beforehand. His narrow focus glanced down at the two of them when Bri began running an analysis on the planet. His wing returning to his side as he passed in-between them and stopped moving just ahead of them. Seeming to be bothered by a particular part of her suggestion as he crossed arms and gave an assured reply. “There’s not any water below the surface that we’ll be able to access.” He cleared his throat and tapped his claw against his chin. “At least that’s my best guess...”

He turned to face them with a grin as his tail swayed from left to right. “Resources aren't an issue. We have plenty of hydration and food. In fact, I've already calculated the approximate amount of days we have before we need to worry about lacking essentials. So I'd suggest that we search for further communications-”

But the sentence cut off suddenly along with the life of the planet. Everything around them became pitch black. Rhaegar’s vision wasn't affected, but it brought him similar confusion as he muttered inaudibly. It was the fastest day to night cycle Ali or Bri had ever seen. The shimmering glow had switched to darkness like a lightswitch. But they'd feet an unsettling chill rush through theirs backsides as the same intense light returned like the world reset. Then again it shut off — and back on. The drastic changes might’ve induced a migraine as it repeated several times until it stayed shining. Nobody had time to really react to what the hell happened, but the artificiality of the source had come into question. Rhaegar quickly inserted his explanation and motioned with his hands to return to the ship. “Don’t be alarmed. I believe we merely witnessed a natural phenomenon of this planet. It was likely nothing more than an illusion.” He reassured while walking up onto the ramp. “Still — it wouldn’t be wise to lollygag and stray too far. Remember, the point of our landing was to find a way home.”
Hidden 3 yrs ago Post by amorphical
Raw
coGM
Avatar of amorphical

amorphical Admirer

Member Seen 1 yr ago

Ali looked up at Raargorgathan. "Well if we dont need food or basic chemicals I suppose we could do a search for any raw materials to make repairs with?" She asked with a heavy questioning inflection in her voice. I mean food and water were the priorities yet Do we need anything as far as parts or materials? Does this vessel need some type of fuel? Do you have any surface vehicles to assist in the search?"

Even Bri needed to looked up at the giant reptilian. The ship would need repairs parts burn out or wear down eventually the unforeseen has even a twenty percent chance happening especially in the vastness of space. A ship would need fuel at least in some manner of emergency capacity. The laws of physics stated that matter energy conversion is always an unbalanced equation. If for whatever reason the ship would need to increase its normal travel speed then more fuel would be required. The ships fuel tanks weren't infinite. They would need more. "What are the current fuel levels at for the propulsion module? Is there quantities that can be found here on the surface?" Bri was monotone in her voice so it was hard to tell if it was a question or not.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet