I Can Show You The World
Home is all well and good, it's where the heart is after all, but haven't you ever wanted something a little...different? You know your current surroundings like the back of your hand. There are no surprises, and all the local delights have lost all of their luster. You know everyone worth knowing and you've been to all the different festivals and parades countless times; you pay more attention during your daily commute these days. The grass under your feet is green, but certainly there is greener elsewhere, right? Maybe it's time to get a little adventurous.
All around you, whether you know it or not, there are countless different peoples and customs, all with their different quirks and mannerisms(and food, of course!). Why not hop on a train or plane and have a bit of a look-see? Heck, while you're there, you may as well write down the interesting bits! Who knows when you might want to relive your experience, and it wouldn't hurt to share with others.
1. Show us the world! Take the readers of RPG on a trip 'round this blue marble and explain the wheres, the hows, and the whys. Traditions, celebrations, culinary specialties, everything! A culture is made up of many things, and every place is different in their own unique ways, and it's your job to show it all off.
2. One may write their entry in a variety of different ways. It could be told as a traditional story, with the main character(s) journey a vehicle to show off the land they are in, or written as a sort of documentary. You could also write of your own experiences, so don't be shy! Of course the world being shown need not be our local earth; it could theoretically be anywhere. Write about an advanced alien civilization if you want!
3. Please keep the focus on what is around your character(s), if you intend to write any in. Character backstory and motive should be kept at a minimum, instead focusing on the things they are experiencing outside of themselves.
4. Please keep entries under 2000 words.
Grounds for disqualification
2. Your entry having no clear connection to the prompt.
3. Gratuitous violence or gore.
4. No explicit sex scenes. Fade to black is fine.
The deadline for RPGC #25 shall be Friday, November 1st. Please post all entries in this thread, and direct all questions and feedback to my PM box or the associated Discussion thread, and I will gladly answer them.
Please hold off all votes and critiques until the proper thread has been erected for this prompt.