Hidden 11 days ago Post by ActRaiserTheReturned
Raw
GM
Avatar of ActRaiserTheReturned

ActRaiserTheReturned

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

Samhain, 2020, An Alternate Universe
The Supreme Scottish Witch of the entire world, Emma Muir, has just divined very disturbing news from her magic. The now one thousand and one hundred year old witch is dying. Even her powerful magic is beginning to strain from the entire universe trying to end her life. Her power, which imbalanced the universal forces of Order and Chaos, kept her from dying for one thousand years, secretly prevented the Nazis from overcoming the world in World War II, sealed the Antichrist's ascension for decades, and even directly rivaled deities on occasion, finally began to grow tired after years of over exertion. Behind her enchanted bed room door, she slept comfortably despite the circumstances, assured that Death could not take her. Even in the multitude of problems that come with mortality, she was defiant.

However, even the most brilliant of minds, such as Muir's, can make mistakes. This is where the protagonists have discovered her intentions. Emma Muir, the most powerful witch in the whole world, and the most powerful mortal in the past three hundred years, has her sights on our lives.

Her diary, foolishly opened by her daughter, Emelia, was now being read allowed to the first intended victims. Death would ideally come to the entire Coven in three years from now, on Samhain. Details of each death are graphic and can only be described as "Death by a thousand cuts" and are drawn out as slow and long as possible to absorb the victim's life force, or the "Pleasant" death of being enclosed in ice. Emelia is also targeted, surprisingly enough, her murder is a simple painless absorption of life force.
1x Like Like
Hidden 10 days ago Post by blackdragon
Raw

blackdragon An Ass Wiser than Yoda

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Ivy sat in the room with Emelia, eyes open wide as saucers. The water elementalist shuddered in sheer terror as the gruesome fates were described. I... I hadn't expected her to fall so deep into madness. And we aren't anywhere near powerful enough to stop her, not yet. This... I'm not sure how we can survive this.

"I hate to ask, but I have to know to satisfy my own morbid curiosity. How- how does she plan to kill me?"
1x Like Like
Hidden 10 days ago Post by ActRaiserTheReturned
Raw
GM
Avatar of ActRaiserTheReturned

ActRaiserTheReturned

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

Ivy sat in the room with Emelia, eyes open wide as saucers. The water elementalist shuddered in sheer terror as the gruesome fates were described. I... I hadn't expected her to fall so deep into madness. And we aren't anywhere near powerful enough to stop her, not yet. This... I'm not sure how we can survive this.

"I hate to ask, but I have to know to satisfy my own morbid curiosity. How- how does she plan to kill me?"


"She wants to trap you in Human form and bleed you like the rest of us."
"Also, I hate to say this, but it isn't insanity that's led her to this, it's just evil."
"Yeah, Dear Old Mum has lost her moral compass years ago."
Emelia looked at all the others, there were thirteen students in total there, not including Emelia herself. The room that the assembled were in was a lavish, well decorated dining room. The golden chandelier was well lit, and all around the room, the light contrasted the dark nature of their meeting. A student, looking to be he couldn't be any older than twelve years old spoke up. "Oh God."
"If she wants to kill us, how can we stop her? She could kill us all at the same time, no sweat." Charlie stated.

Emma nodded. "She's exhausted and could barely make it to bed. Now's our chance to shield ourselves."
"I'm taking us all to the Black Hill Top outside just outside town."
"It's a good place for protection spells."
"I already have the rest of the student's permission to use their names in the spell, I will need the most powerful member's cooperation for the ritual to protect us."
1x Like Like
Hidden 8 days ago 8 days ago Post by Phi Chisym
Raw
Avatar of Phi Chisym

Phi Chisym The Original Phi-pademic!

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Lithiuna Malorram



This is not what I signed up for!

It's been eight years... Eight years after Lithiuna left her Grand Aunt to live and study at The Institution. She considered it a privilege and an honor to study New World Magic under the watchful eye of Madame Muir, Supreme Witch within this era; one she's only learned about since moving to The States from Haiti years ago. Lithy enjoyed her time there - finding herself and strengthening her skills, making friends while learning what this new magic can do with her Old World Voudou. She's even assisted in the study of her ancient practice by explaining the differences between what she knows and the New World Voodoo she's learned about in America. Which has been a great experience, except for times when she butts heads with others who disagree with this difference. Nevertheless, she loves The Institute and everything she's gained from it.

But this new insight about their beloved Mistress... The rush of dark memories from her childhood flooded her as she listened to Emelia read over the contents of her mother's diary. Chills ran down her spine and the sudden need to flee almost overtook her. But their faces... all the fear and disbelief she saw within the faces of her classmates and friends gave her the courage to stay seated in the dining room with the rest of their elite student body. Most of them questioned their Mistress's reasons for wishing for their demise. Others feared how they could possibly survive against such a powerful Witch. As the questions rose, most of the emotions swarming around them were pure anger and fear - We all trusted her... kept repeating in Lithy's mind. Lithy wanted answers - was this Muir's intentions all along; to call upon such fresh, raw talents, cultivate them into powerful beings - only to suck them dry for her own personal desires? Lithy felt used, degraded, and fucking angry for being deceived. She wanted to build a plan, hunker down in the deep, dark earth and hide from the world until she can come up with a solution to this - madness! This was worse than growing up as an Albino in Haiti - constantly fearing for her life. Apparently, nothing has changed...

"Oh, God! If she wants to kill us, how can we stop her? She could kill us all at the same time, no sweat."

"She's exhausted and could barely make it to bed," Emelia noted."Now's our chance to shield ourselves." At that declaration, everyone seemed to calm down and focused on her words. "I'm taking us all to the Black Hill Top outside just outside town. It's a good place for protection spells. I already have the rest of the student's permission to use their names in the spell, I will need the most powerful member's cooperation for the ritual to protect us."

Lithy stood up tall from her chair, "Are you sure Black Hill is our best bet? The place is not that secluded, and she knows of it," her sultry accent filled the room with far more confidence than she normally portrays. Those who know her well could see the dark, billowing smoke around her ankles. Amos, her Familiar black Maine Coon cat, formed himself around her feet until he emerged fully; settling down upon the tops of her boots. His presence gave the otherwise timid Albino that extra boost of courage to speak before her peers. "It'll be an okay place to plan, but there's no way we can stay there. We need to find proper shelter against her magic, allies who know more than we do... who knows enough about Madame Muir to stand against her. Weak or not, your mother is still far stronger than the best of us combined."

Hidden 8 days ago Post by WindsOfFate
Raw
Avatar of WindsOfFate

WindsOfFate The Ice Prince

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

Yuri had heard the news that the Supreme's daughter wanted to talk to him and from what he'd heard nearly all the students at the school. He wasn't one to complain, but a little insight would have been nice. He's come to the Institute about 9 years ago and had learned how to control his abilities. He was the "prodigy" as they called it. The one student who could do things well, and some may say he was somehow the Supreme's favorite, but everyone knew the Supreme loved her daughter most of all. When he first came to the Institute, he didn't speak, merely diving headfirst into learning and honing his skills. During his spare time, he learned how to defend himself without the use of magic. He trained his body, his mind, and his spirit. Day in and day out he would wake up, get through his classes, train at a gym, and visit his aunt, a very powerful voodoo practitioner who ensured he was protected while attending the Institute.

His first encounter with Madame Muir was nothing more than pleasant. It was like this all throughout his life of learning and she seemed to adore him. There were times when he'd ask her a question and she would pinch his cheeks and tell him that the greatest power is the power within oneself. Now in his early 20s, he recalled how much he'd grown from an 11-year-old boy to a very handsome, very popular young man. To say that Yuri wanted for anything was a lie. Yuri had inherited millions when his mother died and he turned 18, and even so his father doesn't let him spend a dime. His father is an extremely wealthy man and powerful voodoo master who lives in Haiti but has houses in New Orleans and South Korea. Currently, Yuri's father travels for business but has a sister who watches over Yuri.

Yuri arrived in the lavish dining room in the form of a luna moth that fluttered in and landed on a fellow student's shoulder. This student, Remy, was Yuri's boyfriend, or at least he hoped. They were in the beginning stages and he loved spending time with him. To say that he was overprotective was an understatement. Anyone who dared say anything about Remy got a fist to the nose or a hex that took them weeks to get rid of. Remy often times would tell him to calm down and to control his emotions, and he would listen until someone would push too far. Transforming into his normal form, Yuri wrapped his arms lovingly around Remy from behind and softly kissed his neck and cheek before sighing as he listened to Emelia speak on the contents of the book she held in her hands.

It was all a lot to take in, and Yuri found himself questioning how they were going to make it out of this against someone so powerful. Their Supreme had power that could rival a deity, but she was weakening as time went on and this was her way of trying to keep her power at the level she had reached. They were no match for her in their current state. They needed to learn how to protect themselves against such potent magic that the Supreme, Madame Muir, possessed. Yuri rubbed Remy's arm to keep him calm because he didn't want Remy to be scared by the news they were all receiving.

"We'll figure out something babe," Yuri said, his New Orleans accent heavy.

Looking up, he listened to Lithy, someone he'd bumped heads with a lot at the Institute, but never denied her prowess when it came to her knowledge and he oftentimes told her in private that he admired her knowledge. Still, they had a Tom and Jerry type of relationship. She was right in what she said about the Black Hill. It wouldn't protect them.

"Sorry to be that person, but how do we know you're to be trusted Emelia? This is a lot to take in and I'm not trying to upset anyone, but in all the years I've known Madame Muir, to say that she's capable of something like this is crazy."

Yuri paused and sighed.

"But, she has been slipping as of late and she does seem off a bit the last few years. I have to agree with Lithy. We need to find a proper place to help us get stronger and protect us from her and her magic. Maybe I can reach the Pantheon about this, but the next full moon is a couple of days away."
1x Like Like
Hidden 8 days ago Post by ActRaiserTheReturned
Raw
GM
Avatar of ActRaiserTheReturned

ActRaiserTheReturned

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

“Mother can’t come to the Black Hill Top. It’s been warded against her by all of Heaven and Earth. She’s planning something big, and even I don’t know what it is. As for if you can trust me, well go ahead, divine with your Magic’s and clairvoyance. Ask from the out side. She’s made enemies of The Catholic Church on top of the ordinary witch-hunting assassins, Pagan Gods, vampires , the rival covens and finally the Voodoo practicioners.”

“Before you all arrived here I had been placating Mother to stop.”
“You can ask Mother’s enemies if they have much of a problem with me, and half of them would say no.”
“The reason is I care about innocent lives,”
1x Like Like
Hidden 8 days ago 6 days ago Post by Phi Chisym
Raw
Avatar of Phi Chisym

Phi Chisym The Original Phi-pademic!

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Remington McCleur



Standing away from the compacted bodies of disgruntled, bewildered, and otherwise panic state of the students clustered in the room, Remy hugging himself into the tiniest ball he could muster while trying not to hyperventilate as the discussion continued. He was overwhelmed... it wasn't his intention to come to this meeting, knowing there would be so many students attending. And, of course, he had no idea why there was a gathering at the beginning... But he was hoping to see that one face present and accounted for that day. He didn't see Yuri that morning and that worried him.

Really, you shouldn't be worried about someone you're not really...really attached to, right? He's...just a friend after all. Remy kept telling himself, trying not to look hopeful or anything of the sort about the adorable Korean he'd met years ago when he enrolled at The Institution. But it was quite clear to everyone who knew him that the young Witch was taken.

He was lucky to have met him, because, to be honest, Remy had no idea why he was there. Compared to all the other students there, he was the runt of the litter - barely a noticeable speck in the magical spectrum. But his last foster family believed there was something special in him and took the liberty to pay for his tuition for the remainder of his school year. Generous, but a cause for curiosity, because Remy didn't see any reason to believe - whatever poppycock they believed in. He wasn't That special. He was just a nervous wreck...

Like, for instance, right now! As the heightened emotions began to rise in the room at the announcement of their supposed - planned demise, Remy's senses began to quake and threaten to boil over. He knew he shouldn't have come, but this was important... And he really wanted to see Yuri. For some reason, that guy just knew how to keep his emotions in check. Remy wasn't sure if it was just his presence, his tone of voice, or his aura; but when he finds himself in situations such as this, Yuri's presence was a stronger shield than his own.

Wrapping himself tighter within his aura shield, Remy still felt as if he was drowning in the frustrations and doom radiating from his peers - and he understood why. He felt the same but tried his best not to feel anything of the sort about this threat they will have to face. Madame Muir has always seemed too good to be true in his eyes. He's never been able to read her thoughts or emotions - of course, but in order to gain trust from your students, a teacher has to show some amount of humility and trust themselves. Apparently, she didn't wish to trust her soul to the very people that would one day fuel her. That thought alone forced Remy's body to involuntarily shiver in disgust.

I've got to...get out of here, Remy's feet began to move backward on their own accord and he tightened his arms around himself to keep his senses intact. He'll talk to Yuri, or Ivy, about the plans made later. It would be in everyone's best interest if he wasn't there; this emotionally weak... But before he could take another step, Remy sense a warm aura moving towards him - it was small, but familiar and instantly curved the corners of his lips gleefully.

The light touch of a moth landed on his shoulder, and - like magic - Remy's heartbeat slowed its pace, his emotions calmed down to a flutter of his own, and the drowning sensation of the emotional states of the student body dwindled in his mind. Remy took a deep breath when he felt Yuri's warm arms wrap around him and his gentle kisses cool him down. When Yuri's sultry voice declared that all would be well, he believed him. "I hope so... This is not going to go well for us if everyone continues to prepare for the worse though."

With his mind and heart easing at Yuri's presence, Remy began to concentrate upon the others in the room. He rarely did this without permission, but even Madame Muir would state that, at times, it's necessary for success... Focusing, Remy stretched his aura across the room, touching upon the few students who were in shock, crying profusely, or angrily attempting to create a mob to attack Madame Muir in her slumber that night. When the mass of emotions calmed and the students began to focus on devising a plan, Remy's form slacked against the taller form behind him, slightly drained but happy to help out in some way.

Listening to Yuri, the other Voodoo student, Lithiuna, and Muir's daughter, Emelia, speak about ways to protect everyone; Remy stood silent until he felt the need to say something. "How are we all going to get there, or anywhere for that matter? I mean... I, for one, would love to get the hell out of here right now..."
Hidden 8 days ago 8 days ago Post by Phi Chisym
Raw
Avatar of Phi Chisym

Phi Chisym The Original Phi-pademic!

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Mistake to be deleted @Mahz
Hidden 7 days ago Post by blackdragon
Raw

blackdragon An Ass Wiser than Yoda

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Ivy shook her head. "Those holy wards will also keep me off the hilltop, and blood magic and infernal powers aren't good for working protection spells, anyway." She though for a second. "Tell you what. I'll start doing some summonings at the little field at the base of the hill. I've got a few questions to ask, and some powerful demonic entities might at least make her think twice before trying something tonight."
1x Like Like
Hidden 7 days ago 6 days ago Post by Phi Chisym
Raw
Avatar of Phi Chisym

Phi Chisym The Original Phi-pademic!

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Lithiuna Malorram



The students began throwing more questions at Emelia, which the woman answered professionally without a stammer. Even though Yuri spoke of distrust, since Emelia was their Headmistress's only daughter, Lithy could easily read that she was not their problem.

"She speaks truth," Lithy's uncanny eyes could clearly see a golden aura of trustworthiness radiating around Emelia as she spoke. However, it was laced with the color of gloom... Regardless of her words, she was just as uncertain about their prospects as everyone else. Glancing around the room, Lithy sighed, "Emelia is the only person here that knows Madame Muir the most... We'll need her. We'll need everyone we can find to help us save ourselves." Giving Yuri a quick nod she noted, "Maybe we can't quickly contact the Pantheon now, but perhaps we can personally make our way there...

It was a stretch, but there were only a few students who could project spirits or forms across the 888 Plains of Existence. Even though they rarely agree with each other, Yuri was one of the strongest members present, and the only one she knew that was capable of teleportation through sight. Perhaps, if Yuri and her combine their skills, they could reach the Pantheon that way. If she uses her illusion skills on him...then possibly...

Plans were beginning to rise within the room, turning the once dreadful scene of despair into one of determination and a fight for survival. Glancing towards Yuri once more, she noticed Remy, the emotional rollercoaster, standing before him with eyes the color of glistening ocean water. He was using his abilities to calm the room. Nodding, Lithy actually felt relieved that there were other students working their magic for their survival. It offered her more confidence that they can make it without fatalities.

"Emelia, if you feel Black Hill Top our best bet, for now, then let's do it. We have enough elite students who can aid you in getting all of us out of here, and even helping ward the place further once we're there... Then, perhaps we can focus on setting plans. We need to find help. We need to stay hidden and safe. And we need to figure out what skills we need in order to defeat your mother. But first, we have to make our way off-campus without alerting suspicion."

Hidden 6 days ago 5 days ago Post by WindsOfFate
Raw
Avatar of WindsOfFate

WindsOfFate The Ice Prince

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

Yuri was always amazed by the power his boyfriend displayed. In truth, Remy was so much more powerful than he imagined, he just needed to push himself to believe in his own inner power. Yuri tried to let him know at every chance that he was incredible and he wondered if Remy heard him or just brushed it off as a compliment from someone who liked him, a lot. Yuri continued to hold Remy even when the students were trying to figure out the best course of action with handling Madame Muir. Sure, they could leave, but the wards that protected the institute were of high level and the sentinels that guarded the place weren't pushovers. Still, Yuri could handle it. He knew the secrets and the ways around it to get them out, but if he got them out then they would need to push and move quickly. When he displayed his power, it was noticeable, it could be felt, and it would surely alert Madame Muir.

He softly spoke in Remy's ear.

"Are you alright?"

He wanted to make sure Remy was okay first. Using emotion-based abilities could drain the caster, and that was the reason he kept a warm comforting hold on Remy. Another reason was too explicit to mention, but he did enjoy the closeness and scent of the man in his arms. The way his muscles tensed when touched in certain places. Yuri quickly snapped back to reality and sighed as he looked at Emelia and Lithy.

"I'll do it. I'll create a path for us to get out. We all need to stay focused. Understood? Once we are at Black Hill Top we can set into motion making allies and figuring out how to deal with your mom Emelia."

Yuri rested his chin lovingly on Remy's shoulder and interlaced his fingers with Remy's.

"Don't overexert yourself, babe. As much as I'd love to carry you, I don't want you to hurt yourself. Besides, we can revisit those chains and whips later if you want."
1x Like Like 1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 4 days ago 15 hrs ago Post by Phi Chisym
Raw
Avatar of Phi Chisym

Phi Chisym The Original Phi-pademic!

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Remington McCleur


"Are you alright?" Yuri's soft whisper at his ear pulled him away from the crowd.

His eyes blushed pink, "Yes..." Tilting his head up to the taller form, Remy could catch his dear's smile in his peripheral. "For now, I'm just fine. Later... probably not so much." With a deep sigh, Remy just enjoyed being wrapped in Yuri's warmth and trying his best not to let the events of the day cloud his focus. With this threat now endangering everyone, Remy wondered if it would force a gap between him and his potential bow. Truly, Yuri would be asked to assist with their escape - he's one of the strongest Mages there, along with Lithy, Ivy, and a few others... He doubts he'll be asked to help - which would keep them apart for a while.

Yuri quickly snapped back to reality and sighed as he looked at Emelia and Lithy. "I'll do it. I'll create a path for us to get out. We all need to stay focused. Understood? Once we are at Black Hill Top we can set into motion making allies and figuring out how to deal with your mom, Emelia."

He felt everyone's concerns and doubts but held no doubt in his mind that the elite students would be able to come up with the right solutions to handle this matter of survival. He just wished he was stronger in his abilities to offer more aid. Learning about his abilities and starting the Institution rather late in life doesn't make him any stronger than the others in his class. But, for some reason, Muir placed him with the others... Has she seen his divination grades this session? But, it's obvious to him, and all the other students by now, that she wasn't looking for quality. She was looking for quantity - the more magical students she had under her thumb, the more power she'll gain when she drains them... Remi's eyes darkened to the deepest blue; he closed his eyes quickly and turned away.

Remy felt Yuri's chin on his shoulder and interlaced fingers. "Don't overexert yourself, babe," Yuri noted at his ear. "As much as I'd love to carry you, I don't want you to hurt yourself. Besides, we can revisit those chains and whips later if you want."

Another blush took over his cheeks and his eyes brazen a mid-tone of purple. Thank god, no one else around them understood his personal rainbow of emotions. The embarrassment would have caused him a stroke. "~Yuri~, don't tease... not now, at least." Remy squeezes his hand, silently expressing his feelings about the crowd. "I'm fine... really. Just wish I can... help out more, somehow."

Hidden 4 days ago Post by ActRaiserTheReturned
Raw
GM
Avatar of ActRaiserTheReturned

ActRaiserTheReturned

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

Black Hill Top

Mister Anatole was there, along with an assortment of many others. On the Hill, there was a small gathering of buildings, giving the area a strong rustic small town feel despite being so close to the city. A school, a general store, a gas station nearby by, a motel and a diner were all nearby the Black Hill Top, and serviced an actual small town which existed even closer to the large hill. At the top of Black Hill Top, the Black Well Estate was used as a sort of meeting place for the assembled witches, warlocks and members of the magical community in times of crisis. This definitely counted as one. The entirety of Madam Muir's School for the gifted was there as well, hundreds of students who were terrified of Madam Muir's black magic.

A middle aged man, the stereo typical butler was waiting for the protagonists at the front porch of the rather lavish estate. Inside the entry way, Mister Anatole himself was eager to see everyone.

"Ah, I can see that my old friend has finally gone off her rocker."
Hidden 2 days ago Post by blackdragon
Raw

blackdragon An Ass Wiser than Yoda

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Ivy came up so late, one might have thought her father was Belphagor rather than Leviathan. The tiefling panted as she reached the doorway to the estate. Nice ward work. And it seems he even took one of them down so I could get in. Must have known in advance we were coming. Did he get a premonition, or did Emelia contact him?

Ivy looked at Anatole. The old sorcerer was well respected throughout the school, and even in several other planes. "You wouldn't happen to have a place for me to do rituals, would you? I don't need a fully stocked arcaneum, just a bit of space."
Hidden 1 day ago Post by ActRaiserTheReturned
Raw
GM
Avatar of ActRaiserTheReturned

ActRaiserTheReturned

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

Ivy came up so late, one might have thought her father was Belphagor rather than Leviathan. The tiefling panted as she reached the doorway to the estate. Nice ward work. And it seems he even took one of them down so I could get in. Must have known in advance we were coming. Did he get a premonition, or did Emelia contact him?

Ivy looked at Anatole. The old sorcerer was well respected throughout the school, and even in several other planes. "You wouldn't happen to have a place for me to do rituals, would you? I don't need a fully stocked arcaneum, just a bit of space."


"You'd have to ask Mister Benjamin Blackwell. And the answer will most likely be no."
"Maybe there might be a place somewhere outside, but indoors will only be used for the ritual Emelia plans to begin."
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet