"Let's turn up the heat. All the way to the top!"
..."Er... I can fix that."
— Hanazawa Lacara
50% African AmericanAppearance:
Lacara is actually very big for a young lady with Japanese blood in her, standing at an impressive 175cm (5' 9") and weighing in at a solid 67kg (147lbs). She has quite the sporty bod to her as well, with a BWH ratio of 19-15-20 if measured in inches and 48-38-51 if measured in centimeters. Her most distinguishing features are her blonde hair which she ties into twintails, in combination with her dark skin. When not in her uniform, she'll be in her top-notch designer clothes that she picked out from her most recent shopping spree... assuming they're still in tact, that is. She does try to keep up with the latest fashion, but since "the latest fashion" changes so often, all she really achieves through the attempt is fill her wardrobe to the brink when she already has way too damn many clothes to begin with. Lacara is fairly tame with her skirts, but she'll often try to buy 20 or more of the exact same styled top in the exact same color at the exact same shop, just so she can guarantee to herself that not all of them will be ruined by her own quirk.Personality:
Take one look at Lacara and you can tell that she's a very lively person. She's a very happy and chipper girl most of the time, who just simply wants to have fun with her life. Make long lasting friends. Spend the day out that she'll never forget. That sort of thing. Of course, Lacara does have her preferences but, considering she's not all that picky, she'll quite happily take what she can get. All she asks is that her day not be ruined by one lousily arbitrary incident that mars the rest of her experience.History:
Unfortunately for Lacara, a lot of time said incidents are her own damn fault. She's vulnerable to some of the most extreme mood swings out there, and can go from happy to sad to angry to timid to jealous and then back to happy all in the manner of seconds. This is what makes Lacara's quirk dangerously volatile, and the only surefire way to keep it under control is to ensure that she stays calm at all times. This is a tall order on its own however, as Lacara is worryingly easy to provoke when she's in a particularly foul mood... and even when she's not in some cases. Still, Lacara's not the type that would intentionally get into trouble, and even if she does get into trouble, it just goes to show that luck is not always on her side. With a little faith, she'll make it through UA without much fuss.
Hanazawa Lacara was one of the lucky ones. Both of her parents had their very own quirks; her father Fedarius could turn any part of his body into solid rock on a whim, and her mother Yatsumi had a touch that got hotter and hotter the longer she maintained contact. They were the perfect match for each other, and Lacara's birth was the unifying factor for the perfect marriage... even if it did almost ruin it. As he was the one with the most control over his quirk, Fedarius was the one to go out in the societal world and provide for the family, while she herself stayed home and out of sight, being home-schooled by Yatsumi. There were a few bumps and upsets along the road, with a few items of furniture having to be replaced thanks entirely to Lacara's temper tantrums, but the young lava-spewing girl lived a mostly happy life. However, one incident in particular drove Lacara and Yatsumi out of Detroit where they were living.
A large-scale protest made to abolish all the quirk users from the Detroit community had got out of hand, and both Lacara and Yatsumi got caught in the middle of the resulting riot. Both of them were badly beaten at the end of it, and both were led to tears. There was only one thing Yatsumi could think to do to escape. She dreaded the thought of it, what with no family she could reliably turn to, but she decided she'd have to return to Japan and take Lacara with her to start a new life. Fedarius was disheartened by the decision but, considering what he heard, he understood. He kept going with the basketball career that he had established for himself, but still maintains a long-distance relationship with Yatsumi, and sends a large enough portion of his earnings to support Yatsumi and Lacara. But now it's up to Lacara to adjust to life in Japan, and her successful enrollment into UA will be just the beginning...
Whenever she feels any emotion that would make her want to scream (excitement, horror, anger, shock, etc.), lava will be discharged from somewhere on Lacara's body. The known areas where lava can be projected include the top, back and sides of her head, the back and sides of her neck, her back and lower chest, her shoulders and her arms, hands and fingers.
Main Theme Song:Battle Theme Song:Ideal Voice Actresses:
Kate Bristol (En)/Arisa Kiyoto (Jp)Likes:
- Shopping sprees
- Eating all sorts of junk food
- The latest fashion
- Going out to the beach in a bikini
- Action movies
- Horror movies
- Her tops getting ruined by her quirk
- The thought of gaining weight
- Not having any money left over
- Getting hit on by boys
- Being bossed around
Lacara's biggest fear is losing control of her quirk completely. Her quirk has always been a volatile one, and it has only gotten worse after initiating puberty. As such, she'll often avoid crowds of people just to be safe, regardless of the event they may have gathered to.Tidbits of Trivia:
- Due to being well aware that the Japanese have a hard time pronouncing the letter "l" correctly, Lacara has gotten used to her first name being pronounced as Rakara instead. She absolutely hated it at first, but now she no longer minds.
- Lacara's favorite food is a nice, big, meaty rare steak. She doesn't mind how rare it is; she even serves herself a blue steak if she's feeling lazy. Just so long as it isn't "well-done", since she actually considers it to be overcooked... which she finds disgusting.
- Much of Lacara's family wealth comes from her father, who has a career in the United States as a professional basketball player. Funnily enough, it is also where she gets her height advantage over most of the Japanese population.
- Her tolerance for heat is unsurprising given her genetic make-up, but what is surprising about Lacara is her tolerance for the cold. She could strip down to nothing and go outside on a cold frosty morning if she wanted to, and her body wouldn't even show the slightest shiver. A lot of this comes down the lava inside Lacara's body keeping it warm, making her invulnerable to hypothermia.
- Another genuine surprise from Lacara is her sheer metabolism. She can put away well over 5000 calories of food in one sitting, and not even gain a significant increase in weight from repeatedly eating so much. It's still not impossible for her to gain weight despite this however, which is a concern for her since she feels heavy enough as it is.