"Don't you worry about a thing; I won't subject you to even an iota of pain! Well, that you'll survive, anyway..."
The Rikimaru FamilyAppearance:
Saori stands at a respectable 165cm (5' 5"), and weighs in at 55kg (121lbs). While she's not completely lacking in the curvature department, one can easily do better than what she does have; a BWH ratio of 17-15-16 if measured in inches and 43-38-41 if measured in centimeters. Saori can always be seen wearing brown trousers, a black sleeveless top and her signature labcoat. She also puts on a pair of blue gloves when she's conducting her experiments.Personality:
Saori is a relatively mature middle-aged woman who believes in the pursuit of science through and through. She doesn't place as much value on magic as most anyone else, and holds a steadfast opinion that magic should be used to advance science, despite popular opinion being of the exact opposite. Perhaps this is just her compensating for the fact that she had always been a poor mage. That's not something she can deny. But even then, she has a right to try and provide what the Rikimaru Family wants in her own way.Back Story:
While she may seem to be able to collect herself when presenting her findings to whoever she may need to report to, those who've accompanied her even a single time whilst she was conducting her experiments have seen just how terrifying she can be around when she lets herself loose. Put simply, she is a maniac and a sadist, who often times loses herself in blood-lust, and bellows out a psychotic, almost demonic laugh every time she does. She'll also gladly throw whatever small nugget of good conscience one might hope she'd have to the wind in the name of progress. This is what separates Saori from the common man or woman; she's not bound by what's considered "holy", "good" or "decent". Justice has a nasty habit of getting in the way of results, after all.
As far as personal objectives go, Saori does in fact have her own ultimatum... in that she wants the throne for herself. She wants to make herself nigh unstoppable before Akio dies and she has a chance to be elected as the next leader, and she believes that, with plenty of experimentation and all the time she could ask for, she can achieve that goal and then some. For now, however, she'll settle for the one thing a big family like the Rikimarus can really provide her if nothing else; protection from the law. Because the police are annoying. And may or may not have reason to throw her in a loony bin. And will most certainly toss away the key to her cell.
Saori Asakura never had the potential to be a promising mage. She was always looked down upon and bullied by others for her lack of talent. Back then, all she could really do was endure whatever nightmares would turn into reality and accept the idea that she was a failure. But somewhere in the back of her mind, Saori imagined what it would be like if those same people that made her life hell were to be under her thumb. Eventually, Saori turned to science, and used that as a basis to hone whatever limited skills she had. However, that still wasn't enough. As her experiments began to go awry, Saori would land herself with unwelcome guests in the form of police. They would always arrived unannounced, harass her with questions she didn't want to answer and watch her squirm for a lie she could use to get them to go away. And even when they chose to, they what just repeat that process over and over again.
Enough was enough. By the very second that last drop-in by the police was over, Saori immediately set to work, researching all three of the main families to see who would offer her the most protection so that she could return to her experiments in peace. She originally laid eyes on the Akechi Family, but they came off as too elitist for her liking, judging from the information she had. Whereas the Isamu Family was more than welcoming of almost everyone, but Saori couldn't exactly trust how competent their warriors were. That left the Rikimaru Family. Their motto seemed to be all about power, and while it may have seemed an arrogant train of thought to have, Saori supposed she didn't see the harm of putting them to the test. So she did. With the demonstration of her blood golems going without a hitch, and the promise of even more powerful minions being at the disposal of their leader Akio, Saori was welcomed into the Rikimaru Family without so much of a second though. Now it would just be a matter of proving her worth and earning her keep.
TalentedFull Capability Breakdown:
Saori specializes in the creation of serums, poisons and antidotes. She can transmute most any combination of chemicals together to make whatever she might need, and she can also transmute whatever foul concoction she's mixed together directly into any object so it will affect anyone who touches it, without it affecting that object's physical appearance or giving off any strange odor. This ability of Saori's is perfect for sneaking a love potion in an apple or a sandwich, or paralyzing anyone who tries to open a door she's locked.Strengths:
The other magical ability Saori is renowned for is the ability to create blood golems. While these golems require blood as a foundation, they can be "customized" to grow flesh, muscle and bone to suit Saori's needs or desires. Each individual golem can inflict as much physical damage as a dozen men, and the vast majority of them are at least twice their size. Saori contains a multitude of these blood golems inside vials for her own protection. The slightest chip in any of these vials will cause the golem inside to ooze out and grow to their full size. Saori has done her best to train her golems well, but they tend to rely on their own survival instincts first and foremost.
A certain grimoire that Saori borrowed from a certain Necromantia has even allowed her to dabble in necromancy, allowing her to revive any test subject that had died during a specific experiment she was hoping to repeat. While the grimoire that allows for such magic is in Saori's possession right now, it will only be a matter of time before its owner arrives and announces her intention to collect.
- In the off-chance that a member of the Rikimaru Family have been poisoned, one can count on Saori to rush to the victim's aid, armed with the knowledge of the perfect recipe for an antidote. She can also identify the exact poison used and replicate it with ease, if only just so the poisoner would receive a taste of his or her own medicine.
- Saori can quite easily throw a vial containing one of her blood golems directly at an enemy's face if she just so happens to be in an exceptionally sadistic mood. The glass that the vials themselves are made of are perfect for blinding someone, and if the golem inside just so happens to be heavy enough, that might just be one opposing person out of commission right from the start.
- The blood Saori uses for her blood golems can be from any animal or combination of animals. She can use human blood since humans are technically classed as animals themselves, and if she does, there's a good chance those specific golems will have magical properties of some kind that can be called upon at will. What those properties are and how effective they'll prove depends entirely on the human who's blood is used for the golem in question. It may also possible for the monsters that come into this world through Zero Time to also provide magical properties to the golems that use their blood, although Saori will have to research this.
- While the blood golems can be customized to suit Saori's needs, they'll always still have at least one key weakness that brings them down. For example, the golems that can keep up with more agile enemies have proven to be frail, and the golems that can take a hit worth a damn are usually much too slow. The lack of intelligence that most of them have is also worryingly easy to exploit, as they can be lead into traps that ultimately don't make them so hard to take down after all. Saori is currently looking in altering the genetics of any future blood golems that she creates, but this issue will take time and experimentation to rectify.
- Oddly enough, Saori can never remember the spells that allow for her dabbling in necromancy off by heart. This is most likely because she doesn't use such spells often enough for them to truly sink into her memory banks. As such, if she ever loses possession of the grimoire that she currently has, that would be one entire skill-set that'd be cut off from her for quite some time. Saori really needs to get around to purchasing her own identical grimoire at some point in the future. If only she had the funds...
- Saori has severe hierophobia, put plain and simply. Even the mere mention of a church or a shrine is enough to send a chill down her spine, but if she ever finds herself having to go anywhere near what is considered holy grounds, it'll be too soon. The sight of a priest or a nun will cause Saori to freeze in place or back away from them. She may even burn through most of, if not all the resources she has, in a frantic effort to overkill every man or woman who could ever call themselves holy.
Main Theme Song:Battle Theme Song:Ideal Voice Actresses:
Colleen Clinkenbeard (En)/Ohara Sayaka (Jp)Likes:
- Conducting her experiments
- Blood. And lots of it
- Plotting ahead
- Zero Time monsters
- The Isamu Family
- Distractions or interruptions
- Bathing with others
- Anything that can be considered holy
Whina Rikimaru: Out of everyone in the entire Rikimaru Family, Whina is the one that Saori seems to have the strongest bond with. Saori is interested in Whina's machinery, which could prove useful in helping her with her own science. And Whina is friendly enough with Saori despite the rumors that tend to spread revolving the latter. If Saori could name one issue she has with Whina, however, it's that for someone less than half her age, she certainly has the superior bust. Saori tries to be mature about it, but it still irks her nonetheless.Tidbits of Trivia:
Akio Rikimaru: While the two of them remain allies for now, Saori and Akio certainly have their disagreements. Saori still holds firm to her belief that magic should be used to further science and not the other way around, and Akio's lack of patience has been known to grind her gears. However, the two of them still respect each other. Saori appreciates that Akio recognizes her talents, and in turn values his will to keep his end of the bargain. Although Saori still yearns for that throne, she has decided it'd be better if she waits until someone else kills Akio or he himself dies of old age. Either one of those options would give Saori more time to prepare herself to step up to the plate.
Freyja Necromantia: Saori has only conversed with Freyja once or twice, and that was only to borrow the grimoire that she now possesses. She was able to convince Freyja that she could serve as a mother figure, since neither of the Necromantia sisters knew their real mother. That was how she got her hands on the grimoire in the first place. However, she'll likely have to return it straight to Freyja the moment they encounter each other again, if only as a show of good faith.
- Right now, Saori is working on a super-soldier project that, when completed, threatens to make the Rikimaru Family the most powerful out of all the land. She's currently experimenting with genetics in order to manipulate age growth, and she hypothesizes that she'll need a very powerful female mage to serve as an "assembly line" of sorts. Why Saori insists the mage be female is anyone's guess.
- Saori has made peace with the fact that she's unlikely to ever get herself a husband a long time ago. She's not even all that physically attractive on the outside, and on the inside she's downright atrocious. No-one in their right mind could even dream of sustaining a long-term relationship with Saori. No wonder she's always left alone to her own devices...
- Interestingly enough, Saori has quite the collection of "pets", so to speak. They are all known poisonous animals that she uses for her studies. Most of them are snakes and scorpions, but Saori also keeps a few select species of spider and even one or two species of frog.
- Neither of Saori's nicknames are names she likes to be called. If anything, she'd rather be known by the name she was born with, since at least that name isn't degrading on its own. Then again, the actions she's taken thus far don't exactly help.
- It should be known that Saori can work her way around a scalpel and a syringe. She will always have at least one of either one of these tools in hand, which means she'll always have a weapon of sorts even if her resources look to be dry. It might be best to stay clear of Saori while she's out doing field work, lest one be found carved up on the street the next day.