Just 'Gauss' or 'Atlas'Race:
Referred to using female pronounsPersonality:
Gauss Atlas is supportive if a bit jaded. As a lifetime worker in the infrastructural service industry, her willingness to help has been eroded by an endless stream of complaints and ingratitude from those to whom she has provided services. Still, it's not like she can't sympathize, not having power sucks, but there is only so much she, as a small gear in a city-sized machine, can accomplish, especially given lack resources. However, with the recent crisis, she feels herself truly beginning to shine again, having taken disaster relief training, she can show her supportive, almost matronly side.Biography:
Gauss Atlas was commissioned by Aegis 09's Department of Infrastructure to support and repair the city's failing energy grid. Gauss' life was the life of an overworked repairman, running from one blackout to the next as customer complaints flooded in. Sometimes he would fix a downed power pole, other times, she would simply plug herself into the grid to provide backup power until others could perform the necessary repairs. It was a thankless, job, but it gave Gauss purpose. When she heard of the development of Crimson Nova, she was skeptical, believing that the current energy crisis had more to do with mismanagement and bureaucracy; she was also afraid that a new energy source might put her out of a job. But now that disaster has struck, Gauss will do what she was designed for, whether that meant repairing damage to the city, providing power, or fighting those who would cause harm.Weaponry/Abilities:
- Mag-Lev - Gauss can, to a certain extent, fly, but not very well, using magnetic levitation.
- Gauss Cannon - metallic scrap is drawn into the space between Gauss' horns and magnetically accelerated forward as lethal kinetic impactors. (A 75% physical, 25% energy, long-ranged attack).
- Ferromagnetic Plating - Gauss' outermost layer of armor is detachable and can be telekinetically controlled with magnetism to form a storm of shrapnel, to block certain energy attacks, to be flung at enemies to immobilize them, or to be gifted to an ally to provide protection. (A 50% physical, 50% energy, medium-ranged defensive/supportive move with mildly offensive/crowd control applications).
- Tesla Suplex - Gauss magnetically pulls an opponent into her horns, grabs them, levitates upwards, then slams her opponent down, accelerating with the force of gravity amplified by magnetically attracting herself to the earth. (A 100% physical close-ranged grab attack).
- Generator Arc - Using the dynamo in her body and her original purpose of providing electricity, Gauss creates a powerful arc between the tips of her horns, like a giant taser, making for a short-range, but devastating attack. She can also use her horns to arc weld and repair simple wounds.(A 100% energy close-ranged attack or a 100% physical close-ranged repairing support ability).
- Cannibal Charging - With an opponent gripped in her horns, Gauss is capable of reversing the polarity of her generator to steal power from her opponent while replenishing her own. (A 100% energy close-ranged grab attack, does no damage, steals energy instead).
- Backup Power - Using the tips of her horns, Gauss can inject energy to replenish an ally's reserves at the cost of her own energy. (A 100% energy restoring support ability).
Gauss uses the Model HA
, based off of an ancient, electricity-wielding beetle reploid.