Much like many werewolves, Alice is a very hyperactive and energetic individual that is borderline obsessed with her craft of alchemy. She is the type to excitedly show off a new potion she's made, or explain sciences that nobody really understands without realizing she sounds crazy. She's more than a bit eccentric, often asking for people to test her potions and brews, but she always mean well. When she's faced with losing something she likes being taken away from her though, Alice becomes very irritable and grouchy, not wanting to give up anything she owns. As such, her travelling pack is filled to the brim with junk that only she knows the purpose of. She isn't the type to hold grudges, and will often try and help those who have wronged her, doing what her father said as "Being the bigger dog giving a bone."Likes:
Alcohol, sunny days, the smell of cooked meat, partying, camping, and gnawing on monster bones.Dislikes:
Loud noises, slimes, full moons, mice.Hobbies:
Brewing, alchemy, making friends, digging.Background:
It isn't often that a member of a lower-class household receives the chance to enter into the Alchemist's guild. Born the daughter of a family of mines in her home-village in Gromril's territory, Alice was destined to do as her family had done for generations: toil in the mines and probably die from a cave-in like good 'ol grandpapa Morgan, if not for the girl's curious fascination with plants and herbs that would have her attempting to pursue a career in being first a pharmacist, then an alchemist. The reason? Her sickly mother was often bed-ridden, meaning her dad needed to work twice as hard to support them in their little home. They often couldn't afford much medicine, so Alice, naive as she was, started poking around the snowy wilderness to find herbs to boil for tea. It tasted awful and didn't really help much, but her mother's smile was what drove her to want to help people as a job.
Admittance to the Alchemist's guild is barred by a strict entrance examination and a large cover fee, most of which Alice saved up for entirely on her own by working three different jobs, 7 days a week while studying from a dusty old tome: "Alchemical Studies for the Novice". It was an arduous process just to get in, but her family was happy that she found a path in life that didn't involve digging up rocks for the rest of her life. On especially hard nights, her father would drink and try and raise his daughter's spirits, joking that once she learned how to brew potions, she should learn to brew beer and open up a family brewery.
Before the girl could fully graduate from her guild apprenticeship, her mother passed away from her perpetual sickness. Wanting nothing more than the impossible, Alice would graduate and seek to innovate in alchemical medicine, wanting to make sure that the sickness that struck her mother down would never hurt anyone again. She left a large portion of her grant money at home and joined G.O.R.E. as soon as she graduated, departing from her home with a promise to her father; She'd invent the best medicine, and make him the best beer he'd ever had when she made it big. When asked why she wanted to join, Alice simply stated: "A place that exists to help people is where I want to be. I can't help everyone if I'm stuck in one place!" She has only been with G.O.R.E. for about a week now, and her most dangerous work consisted of rescuing a cat from a tree.
...Now, she just has to survive being an alchemist with almost no combat experience, and test out her brews and medicines until they're perfect. Easier said than done, but since when were dreams ever easy?Dream/Goal:
Creation of a catch-all panacea for any disease, to re-create the divine drink of the gods, Ambrosia, and to potentially find a dinosaur skeleton to eat. ...Girl's gotta have goals.
~ Parameters & Stuff ~Racial Abilities:
- Darkvision: Can see just as well in the dark as in brightly lit places.
- Bloody Moon: In times of a full moon, a lycanthrope's full might is revealed at the cost of their sanity and intelligence for the night that follows. Raises physical stats greatly while decreasing mental stats to nearly 0.
- Unholy Blood: Her lycanthropic heritage means that silver is poisonous against her, with the trade-off being that she can continually heal herself over time against most non-silver-inflicted injuries.
Spells & Specials:
- STR: 37 (95)
- DEX: 45 (90)
- VIT: 57 (100)
- MND: 91 (20)
- INT: 83 (5)
- LCK: 76 (???)
- Alchemix: With a bonafide degree from the Alchemist's guild, Alice is legally (and sometimes very illegally) capable of alchemizing substances. This can range from healing potions, bombs, poisons, and even stuff that she's not legally allowed to tell people. All she needs are ingredients and time, and Alice can make just about any kind of potion.
- Lycanthropic Fighting: While she doesn't like the prospect of fighting unarmed, Alice's claws are exceptionally sharp, making her a dangerous melee combatant...or at least she would be if her form of fighting wasn't flailing her arms to try and claw people. She's better off using her potions to fight.
- Sniffer Sleuth: Regardless of how human she appears, Alice is a werewolf. As such she inherits the sense of smell of a wolf, allowing her to track down virtually anyone or anything within a few miles of a scent, so long as they don't mask it intentionally. This makes finding ingredients very easy.
- Legendary Awoo: Doggos are loud. Alice is capable of letting out a high-pitched howl that, though non-magical, is loud enough to cause creatures with sensitive hearing to flinch.
- Alchemist's Gauntlets: A set of gauntlets designed to handle hot and hazardous materials, looking much like a set of oven mitts. But alchemy-y.
- Knick-Knack-Sack: A backpack mounted constantly on Alice's back that is roughly the size of half of her body. And then some. Its as wide as she is tall, and is stuffed full of knick knacks and ingredients that she insists are vital to her alchemy. Someday, she wants to get a bag of holding instead.
- Clothen Bedroll: A simple linen bedroll that's easy to roll up, and even easier to fall asleep on.
- Papa's Brush: A thick-bristled brush that has seen much use over the years. Alice's father used to brush her hair and tail with it, and she's never once used a different brush. ...Kinda telling, given how much of a mess her hair can be.
- Glass Bottles x20: Glass bottles of various sizes, all perfect for fitting a potion for one person.
- Mug x2: Wooden tankards that look just downright lonely without some ale poured in them.
- "Research Grant" pouch: A sack that SHOULD be filled with grant money to fund alchemical research, but is currently flat and empty.
- Ultra-Deluxe Bone: A nearly unbreakable bone that Alice carries in her sack. Great for gnawin', or bashin'. Touch at your own peril.
- Sling: A simple leather sling. Useful for making potions and bombs become mobile.
- Empty Sack: A big burlap sack. Perfect for holding things.
- Canned Rations: Simple canned beef and carrots. Good for a hearty meal. Can-opener included on her fingers.
- Mother's Pendant: A momento of Alice's mother, who passed away before seeing her daughter graduate. Alice's most prized possession. Alice has enchanted the metal to stay clean, meaning it can never rust.
- Mortar and Pestle: Partners in crime! Good for smashing up ingredients into fine powder or liquid.
- Brewery Pipe: An intricate alchemical device that is the method by which Alice makes many of her alchemical items.
- Encyclopedia Botanica/Animalia/Allthingsia: A big book that is made by Alice, bound in simple leather. It is a working list of every ingredient she has come across.
- Flashpowder Bombs x3: Simple bombs that explode when they shatter on the ground. Does a light amount of damage, but makes a huge noise.
- Potions of Restoration x2: Effectively, healing potions but if they had the added benefit of curing non-magical diseases.
- Swiftthorn Poison: A dangerous poison that, when it enters the user's body, gives them an acute heightening of their pain receptors, making it feel like even walking is painful. Made from the Swiftthorn Vine, known for its territorial nature.
- Thundercracker: A bomb that Alice says is only for "emergencies". She has said it may have enough power to break a boulder into pebbles, but has only made one.