Weapon: Prototype Buster-Gunsword
A sturdy, well-built girl, standing 6 feet tall with a fluffy mop of pink hair atop her head. If one actually manages to get a good look, her eyes are a striking, silvery-white in color. Faction
World SerpentValkyrie or Chevalier:
Power: C --
Endurance: C (+1) --
Intellect: E --
Honkai: C (+1) --
Burst: CType MechaElement: PhysicalDiscipline:
- Ability: Begins charging energy to unleash a short-ranged bolt of kinetic energy. It takes one round to charge, to then be fired during the next. Landing direct hits during the charging phase can accelerate this to allow it to fire the same round. The blast can stun weaker enemies for 1 round. The bolt has a max range of 7 meters before dissipating completely. After 5 meters it loses the stun effect. Within 3 meters it retains full offensive power, but after begins to rapidly lose power.
One round of cooldown before initiating another charge sequence, meaning up to two rounds in total before another blast is fired.
- Natural Stigmata: Faramont
- Features: Communications, GPS, subspace storage, and sensors to measure local Honkai Miasma levels. Micro-Jet boosters for short bursts of enhanced movement, or more dramatic ones under Burst-Mode conditions. Low-yield energy projectors are located in the suit's bracers.
- Time Fracture.
Burst: Overdrive Crash
- Bleed: C
- Time Fracture: E
- Honkai Sensing: E
- Over Boost: D -- She can momentarily use her innate honkai energy to power-up her gear. In her Ivory Tower battlesuit, for example, she can use this for offensive charges with her suit's thrusters, or even an enhanced jump followed by a sky-strike using those same thrusters. Her thrusters can be overcharged 3 times before they need a 1 round cooldown period. An aerial strike hits this limit immediately. If she has already boosted twice on the ground, a subsequent aerial strike will double this cooldown.
- Shatter Shield: D -- Using her battlesuit's energy projectors, she can put up a short-lived energy shield. It can absorb "1.5" hits per rank and then "shatters," lacerating any enemies in front of Zelie that are within melee range to inflict bleeding. Can deploy the shield in a dome formation, but this halves the number of hits it can withstand. - The shield will burn out if overused and require a 3-round cooldown. If the shield is not burnt out, it will fully recover after 2 rounds of no use. Even if not burnt out, it still requires a 1-round cooldown after shattering. - Full burnout occurs after shattering twice, or shattering after hitting its damage limit.
- Rank: C
- Duration: 2 rounds.
- Modifier Points: 6 (+1 Boost, +1 Charge, +1 Armor Break, +1 Power/Endurance/Agility)
- Effect: She overcharges her battlesuit and weapon to the max. In this state she can rapidly charge forth using the boosters built into the suit and weapon to confront enemies head-on. The surge of energy restores all abilities to usable status and charges them instantly, skipping any wind-up period. She can reset an ability again during this period, but only once. Finally, she can launch an overcharged, armor-shredding blast from her weapon, but this will end the burst immediately upon use.
- Knows French and English
Cooking, cleaning, sewing, and anything else one might pick up when left to do all the chores the "scientists" running the Hermitage could not be bothered to do. However, it should be noted that Zelie's go-to recipes are very... hearty, and heavy, and in such portions that one is likely to be left in a coma for a week while their body tries to digest it all.
More relevant to her career as a Valkyrie, she has basic hand-to-hand enough to survive should she lose her weapon, but with a special focus in grappling. More specifically, she is adept at armed
grappling with a weapon in hand. Despite the length and heft of her preferred weapon, getting face-to-face with her is no guarantee of safety.
Makes amazing hand-crafted bird-houses.Gear:
She never goes on an assignment without the most vital of supplies: Ration bars, dehydrated food, water, a hot-plate she can power via her battlesuit if need be, collapsible pan, and cutlery. She also keeps a small book on person at all times, but no one knows what's it.Personality:
She's very quiet and generally keeps to herself. One can be in the same room with her and almost forget she was there. The vast majority of her acquaintances don't even know what her voice sounds like. If it wasn't for her physical stature, she could almost disappear into the background.
The mistake is assuming any of this equates to her being timid or weak.
Finds cozy cottages on the coast mildly unnerving.Biography:
She spent her early years in a Hermitage with a group of other children. While she wasn't born there, she has only the faintest memories of what came before, including her parents. She would come to know the truth of her situation in her early pre-teen years when her stigmata manifested. Centuries ago, the first of her bloodline too awakened their stigmata, becoming a bastion against the growing honkai threat. However, over time that bloodline diluted and the stigmata faded to obscurity.
The Hermitage was run by the former stewards of the Faramont family and had quietly collected the scattered offshoots in a bid to revive it and return to glory. Finally, it seemed they'd found success with Zelie and so bestowed upon her the Faramont name.
The next step was to put her to the test. If they could prove her potential, and their own, they could bring her to Schicksal and gain entry, and perhaps a high station, within the organization. True to her lineage, Zelie excelled at all tasks, but only relative to her age. Compared to the A and S-rank Valkyries of Schicksal she was deemed yet too inferior to be worthy of mention. It was still too soon to say she'd for sure reach such heights.
The head of the Hermitage grew impatient. They wanted to prove that their work meant something. Over a century and three generations had gone into finding this one girl. There had to be something to show for it all.
So they tested her upper limits. They pushed, she withstood, and so they pushed some more. The amount of energy she could channel proved remarkable for her age. However, like a light shining its brightest just before the filament burns out... they did find her limit.
The numbers they had recorded were indeed phenomenal, and as a testament to her fortitude and lineage, Zelia was still alive...
But they had broken the girl.
She was all but unresponsive. There was nothing they could bring before Schicksal's leadership. Without Zelie, the numbers were meaningless. Over a century of work and three generations -- wasted. Their dreams of grandeur were now little more the delusions.
However, in the end, the door closed by their folly would only lead to a new one opening -- for her. Schicksal would indeed hear of their work, of the reawakening of the Faramont bloodline, and the squandering of it all due to their excess of ambition. To say they were displeased was an understatement and the hammer came down. At the least, no more would children be corralled and observed. Zelie, meanwhile, was "sent away for treatment."
To World Serpent. Someone
had to say something. The numbers had
been remarkable, after all. They had done their good deed, saved the children, and so what was wrong with a little compensation? OK sure, the compensation was a mentally shattered teenage girl, but it was for her own good too... probably.
She was in no condition to consent to their idea of treatment... but that also meant she couldn't say no. If in the end she picked up a weapon and carried on where she left off, all the better. The world always needed more heroes.
Even broken ones.