The Harold of Royals, the SongbirdAliases:
BrithContinent of Origin:
Though we will not be rolling dice for feats, this will give a base line to run off of for your character. Max for any stat is 20, average is 10. You have 75 stat point to assign between the six stats.Strength:
135 lbsAppearance Description:
Kjellfrid is a Brith coated in a mixture of white and black fur, forming stripes along her back and tail. Her face follows this pattern with the black forming stripes at the edge of her face and the white taking up the majority. Her cat-like eyes are a deep green and her hair has been cut short, though it Alesha’s seems to be messily cut for whatever reason.
Her form seems to be kept up, with her body being preserved in the hourglass that many seem to yearn for, that said, she does seem to be more skinny due to months of imprisonment. However, that body that she had worked so hard to keep pristine is marred by scars from the Wolframs’ punishments and what is worse is that at the center of her bosom lies the insignia of the Von Wolfram house, marking her as their property for so long as she may live.Day To Day Attire:
Kjellfrid tends to wear long clothing to mask the punishments of her body, their colors once bearing bright and vibrant hues of reds and purples have since been tempered and dyed to be far darker, with her shirt being dyed into a drab gray and her long skirt, ending just above her ankles, being made black to lie within accordance of the people who call them her masters. A cloak bearing the symbol of her old trope, a gold crown surrounded by golden branches interwoven with musical symbols, while mostly untouched and being a vibrant red, has been desecrated with the crown now barring the mark of Wolfram, to add further insult to her existence.Strengths:
- Excellent Performer
- Quick Witted and Sharp Tongue
- Dexterous Hands
- Mentally Defeated
Timid * Anxious * Paranoid * DisconnectedSexuality:
Who once was a happy and bubbling person, has since been changed into someone who has become disconnected with her own emotions, preferring to not display something which may be exploited or used. It was the pragmatism that had developed from an initial onset of fear and pain of seeing those who she cared for cut down and her own self being forced into servitude and tortured. Kjellfrid has since obvious become very timid and jumpy at any display of aggression, shrinking back and mentally preparing herself for any abuse that may come. Her time with the von Wolframs have made her paranoid of anyone who may be working alongside them.
However, under this timid and otherwise disconnected exterior, does lie that artistic and inspired bardic side that has afforded her the title of the ‘Harold or Royals’. This side of her thoroughly enjoys being around others and enjoys being the center of attention who performs anything to those who will listen. It is this side which is far more outgoing than how she tends to be when in the company of her masters, even refusing to sing for them unless they threaten her with various abuses. Habits:
- Chew on Lip
- Nail Biting
- Bounce on toes
- Comfortable Silence
- The von Wolframs
A listing of skills, such as horseback riding, and natural abilities, such as night vision.
- Performance: Being a bard, Kjellfrid is very good at putting on an act to delight crowds, whether it be singing, dancing, or some other form of entertainment.
- Sleight of Hand: Years of card games, and being a prisoner to her masters, have taught these hands to become quick enough to grab things off of others.
- Acrobatics: Some performances require one to go that extra mile when it comes to flips and stunts, sometimes that can translate into further uses outside of the stage.
- Cooking: Life as an “indentured servant”, as well as motherly training, allows one to brush up on this more domestic art.
- Writing: Let alone being literate, Kjellfrid knows how to write and she knows how to write well. In her own right, she may even be called a poet
- Light Weapons Training: The last line of defense to a Jarl must be trained in the arts of warfare even if its something as common as a dagger and short sword.
Possessions Generally On Person:
- Heroism - An inspiring tune that makes one extremely brave, becoming almost fearless in the face of any challenges.
- Calm Emotion - A soothing tune meant to calm those who listen to it, sometimes able to keep tensions from boiling over into violence.
- Healing Song - While this song may not exactly heal people by ridding them of wounds or blights, this spell does dull the pain and if the pain is minor enough, makes it go away altogether. However, it is stressed that this spell does not actually heal wounds.
- Sleep - This tune helps one ease into sleep, or forces them into sleep if played intensely enough, though this spell can be resisted if the will of the listener overcomes the magic this tune gives off.
Clothing, coin purse, money, etc
- Clothing Her standard clothing attire.
- Ghostly Flute: This item is a magically made flute tip that when put up the lips of the user conjures a ghostly shape of the rest of the flute, allowing it to be played.
- Thin Blanket: Don’t want to get too cold, eh?
- Spare Coin: A small amount of coin for a few days of lodging. Courtesy of the Wolfram Treasury.
Personal weapons, no magically enhanced items
- Dagger Despite being a slave to her masters, she has been gifted a dagger to defend herself as she does this task for them.
Born in Yorvk, Kjellfrid’s life seemed laid out for her before she had the ability to make a proper choice on what she would have wanted. Her mother was a writ, her mother’s mother was a writ, and so on and so forth, with the art of speech craft passed down from mother to daughter for the last three generations. It was this path in Kjellfrid’s life that had grown her confidence and sharpened her tongue to such a degree that even the Jarl’s own blades seemed dull by comparison. It seemed that tradition seemed to be flowing eagerly into this you girl and she took to it with almost equal eagerness.
However, it was one day when her father, Bjorn, had come home one night far too drunk than anyone had a right to be and butchered Kjellfrid’s mother, Freya, for an alleged affair that Kjellfrid knew not of. Of course, this left Kjellfrid without a home and without a family to love, though, not wanting her to give up on her tradition of being a writ, her Jarl organized for her to train under another. While Kjellfrid, now a teen, was happy with the motion, her inspiration was simply not there as being a writ would only remind her of her mother, and subsequently the murder, at every turn. Yet, she would continue in an effort not to disappoint her Jarl.
When her new master, Erik, had presented her with the Ghostly Flute as a gift for her hard work, it was merely too much as she felt that she had grown too close with Erik. Kjellfrid has run away in the dead of night, still holding onto the flute as she traveled down the snow laden roads without company or warmth. As she travelled through, she did find a traveling caravan, a trope, known as the “Harolds of Royal”. They were kind people, taking her in and giving this lost girl warmth and food, they sang and danced and told stories that would only bring back the inspiration that she had once lost. With nowhere to go, Kjellfrid joined this traveling group, content with living a life that was free and always kept her moving.
Under their years of travel with the Harolds, Kjellfrid learned much about being a bard, learning how to perform without the need of a sharp tongue at all points in time. It was fun, far more than she could have enjoyed, and for once again, she felt as if she had a family. Good times, however, come and go just as a bountiful harvest is not guaranteed each year, for the Harolds had made the mistake of landing in Redcliffe in Carthas after denying the ruling family there performance due to their corruption and cruelty. This family, out of retribution of having their name slandered in such a fashion, slaughtered each and every one of the Harolds. If it were not for the intervention of one of the children of this family, Kjellfrid too would have met the axe. It is to this day that she serves this family as an “indentured servant”, now known merely as the Wolfslav by local people. Character Quote:
“A good day is but a prelude to a far worse storm the next.”