- Healing Magic- She has studied and trained over half of her life on the subject, anything from simple wounds to curses. This isn`t to say she has fully mastered the field, but some would consider her as such in what she can do. To her some things are brought straight down to luck.
- Surgery- In her studies she often worked alongside her master in stitching wounds on battlefields. There were some operations that had to be done on site and as such she has experience in those as well. The use of magic in these instances wasn`t always required but sometimes necessary in her training. One must be able to connect themselves to another person in order to heal them. It is dangerous at times but when studying the field of healing magic she had to know how.
- Cooking- The majority of her travels were with a group of magic users, some of them only with her master. The art of cooking wasn`t exactly foreign to her as most of them had no idea how to make something edible, kind of funny for a group of mages. It was often her job to cook meals for everyone. Not to mention that making poultices, pulps, and medication was a skill that she also studied extensively.
- Knife fighting- Magic is almost like a drug to whoever casts it. The hunger for it can engulf a person. Therefore Sage fights with a knife, her magic is typically not used in battle at all, although she does have her personal grimoire on her person at all times. This skill has been refined for over a solid decade of her life.
- Alluring- As she grew Sage understood more and more that the world we all know isn`t always kind. In her late teens and onward she also started noticing the looks people would give her. In Andred a woman like her isn`t commonly missed. Once this was taken notice of she started using her pleasing to the eye appearance to do anything from beguiling people for lower prices or smooth talking her way out of a situation. This trait of hers has also aided her in her personal life. In any case if you need a persuader she`s probably your woman.
- A Janbiya Blade- This is the dagger she fights with, it has a crescent blade and a silver handle. The handle is engraved with different marks that represent signs of hope and valor.
- A Grimoire- Used to cast spells and incantations. This item can be used on and off the battlefield depending on the circumstance.
The woman was pretty much genetically bred to be so fair that she appears almost transparent. The Khalahar blood running through her veins is most notable through her wavy crimson locks that run to below her shoulder blades. The not so noticeable muscle definition that she`d gained through years of hard travel is also thanks to her father. The appearance of it stops there for the most part as she stands at a sad 5'3 in height. The height was in part with genetics given to her by her mother, an Andred with grey eyes, in which she also received from her. The tiny woman isn`t dainty however, she has a curvy figure, of which she is quite proud of.Armor:
Sage wears little armor, a light chest plate and gauntlets for battle at most. The clothing she wears is usually light weight and flows around her body when she moves. The amount of supplies she carries is heavy enough, adding armor on top of it would only make her slower and less agile. The only thing she wears on top of her clothing is a simple cloak.Equipment/Other
- A mortar for making different types of medicine.
- Herbs of different varieties from cooking to medical.
- Bottles that store stuff she`s already made.
- This is all stored in her satchel.
Always the observant one she often does not speak unless she feels that she should. This can sometimes lead to her being very quiet when it is not the time for talking. When she does speak it can be anything from wise to straight up sarcasm. The reason she chooses to observe verse talk needlessly is because her entire life from a young age has been built off her observations. In a few moments of meeting someone she can tell a lot about them. If they have always had money, if they talk more than listen, if they`re hiding something. Most would call it a gut feeling and sometimes it actually is. For the most part she isn`t wrong in some shape or form. This doesn`t automatically mean she is narcissistic however. On the contrary she wants to help other people deeply. This leads to a kind and understanding nature about her. In all honesty she`s the last to judge anyone as she also is quite out there. The idea of marriage is beyond her, she would rather have a life companion. The way she views love and relationships is casual and very open to discussion.Background/History:
The family she was born into wasn`t a peaceful one. Her Khalahar father wasn`t a good man in any respect. From what she can remember at the lively age of four he was a huge drunkard that beat her mother. He was unhappy with what his life had become and loved to take it out on his family. This being said her parents were not bound together in any respect but her. They were not married. In a bad moment in time they had been together somewhat peacefully until she came around. In the past her father had felt in control of his life and with her being born there was something that bound him to Andred, a place he loathed in his very soul.
At the age of four he just disappeared with no warning nor trace. It was speculated he may have gotten himself killed, others believe he just fled from the only thing tying him down. In any respect her family life got a bit better there on out, while her mother struggled to raise her the next few years she always tried her best. The debt accumulated however and they couldn`t pay it. A man came to collect the money from their home by busting down the door. Sage`s mother hid her among crates so she wouldn`t be caught in anything. This hadn`t stopped the seven year old when her mother was attacked. The man sliced at her with a knife demanding payment or her life. A final blow that would kill the only person she loved, Sage ran in front of her.
She was stabbed through a major artery connected to her heart.
The man in all his fear fled, the act of killing an innocent child was far more serious than a woman drowning in debt that was wanted for stealing. In those moments Sage knew at the age of seven she was possibly going to die. There was a miracle on this though, while her mother yelled and tried to understand what to do a surgeon came into the house and performed surgery on her. He repaired the cut to the artery and covered the organ in a metal to keep it in place. In a week she woke up alive, but now her life wasn`t her own.
As payment for his services he demanded that she would now be a slave to him. There was no room to argue either, as the metal around her heart was poisonous. He`d saved her life and forced her to be forever in his debt by making it so she was forever dying. Being as poor as they were they`d never be able to buy what was needed to keep her alive. He had the advantage, he knew how to make the medicine she needed.
For four years she was his slave, constantly doing everything that was asked of her. Just so she could live. When she started to reach her teen years she finally gave up on such an awful existence. Stealing as much of the medicine as she could she fled. The town she`d spent her entire life in, the one that still had her mother, she vowed to never return to again. The plan Sage had for herself wasn`t fool proof, it was all too foolish. The second miracle in her life happened shortly after fleeing. In a lone house in the middle of a forest she found a mage named Dhamir, he took her in and recreated the medicine she needed.
Once he had heard her story he told her something she didn`t know about herself. The type of medicine given to her was only aiding in curing her. Sage was being kept alive with her own arcane soul. It was undeveloped and unstable, but the medicine was making it keep the poison at bay. If she was trained to control her magic she`d be able to not be solely dependent on it, instead it would only aid in making her stronger against it.
This began the start of her training for the next 14 years in the arcane arts, more directly with healing magic. She learned to use her own magic to save herself from the poison. The obsession over magic and medical knowledge only increased as she grew older. It became her passion. The thing that was originally only supposed to keep her alive became something she wanted to do the rest of her life.
The magic constantly running through her body comes at a toll though. The art of magic comes quite easily to her but she`s constantly more limited. The amount of magic she uses to keep her alive makes casting other spells of huge proportions increasingly difficult. Some day she understands that the growing instability of it will cause her to become almost useless in terms of magic. A mage who can`t cast spells.
In the current time of her life she`s mastered magic and medicine to a point that she wants to finally venture off on her own. Dhamir has taught her all he can and she knows that even if he won`t admit it. Whenever he needs help she`s always on it before he can even tell her what to do, it`s time. The two of them alone traveled to Seacliffe coincidentally. The closer they got to the city the more they heard about a ship looking to find a crew. Just hearing this brought ideas into her head. Ideas involving more danger and adventure than a battlefield medic would ever have.
When Sage saw those two sitting at that table, it clicked. This was what she needed to do, her actual steps into being on her own. Being on board a ship would take her to places she`s never been, places she could further her education and experience. Dhamir didn`t seem to like the idea of her being practically a pirate, if not just plain and simple a pirate, but the moment she saw him look at her she knew he understood this was it. He had to let her go as an apprentice. Let her finally be the healing mage Sage had come to be. There was nothing more he could teach her, not to mention he`d never been able to change her mind in the past when she was set on something anyway.
This is why she wasn`t reluctant at all when she walked up ready to apply herself to their ship and the people that would be on it.Goals/Aspirations:
The constant instability in her life makes her crave stability, not in the way most people assume it though. Stability for her is being able to live as freely as she can for as long as she can. She is not bound by a social clock to settle down. In actuality Sage wants to always live life by her rules. This lust for some control in her life is why she loves medicine and magic. They are things the she can keep stable, for the most part. The thing she strives for is to be able to help in any way she can while living the best she can.Relationships