Hidden 3 mos ago Post by POOHEAD189
Raw
Avatar of POOHEAD189

POOHEAD189 Warrior

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

Kayden let out a sigh as he mounted the horse, very much used to one after having been trained as a boy by his father's Master-At-Arms. This was a fine steed, he could tell. Broken in and with a very smooth coat, strong and healthy. He idly ran his hand over the horse's mane as Wren walked up to join him in admiring the steed. If he didn't know any better, he would have thought she'd been admiring him as well but a few moments ago.

"More or less," he said with a grin, dark eyes meeting hers after a few moments. "I've been on horseback for much of my life. It always pays to have a fine horse to help you in a dangerous situation." The Prince glanced toward Sigmar, and nodded his agreement at the Orcish one's statement. As long as he had his bearings, getting there would be no problem. "Aye, we should be fine." Once that was concluded, he turned back to Wren.

"This is a good horse. If you'd like I could find another, or perhaps we could spare Dulcena a horse and you could ride with me." He said, offering her a hand. He had an attractive look on his face, as if what he offered was their little secret.
@Kelewen
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by Kelewen
Raw
GM
Avatar of Kelewen

Kelewen

Member Seen 29 days ago

Mission: The Boy


@POOHEAD189@ProfessorLambo

Dulcena had indeed accounted for Sigmar's above average bulk with a sturdy brown gelding sporting heavily feathered legs. The steed appeared better suited to pulling a wagon than bearing a rider, but had been fitted with a large saddle. He was unlikely to win any speed races and eyed the half-orc a bit suspiciously, but stood relatively quiet for his new rider.



"Western side of Greenbury," Olrik replied. "If you take the road along Knapp's Creek, keep an eye out. There's been rumors of thieves and cutthroats."

"My kind of people then," Wren muttered under her breath. She grinned at Kayden, but waved away his offer to let her ride with him. As tempting as that might be, she knew riding behind the saddle would grow uncomfortable rather quickly. "This one's fine," she said, putting a foot in the stirrup and vaulting up quickly.

"Knapp's Creek?" Wren asked, already anxious to be on their way. "Or do you got another way in mind?"

Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Garth
Raw
Avatar of Garth

Garth He's a gladiator

Member Seen 16 min ago

Zarwin leaned over Bergoda's shoulder and looked at the map too. He was able to commit most of it to memory, at least the basic route. "I rather not muck around with ghosts. Or any other form of undead. Let's just avoid them as much as possible. I can deal with most creatures of the swamp. But ghosts are just unnatural."
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by Pumpkinbot
Raw
Avatar of Pumpkinbot

Pumpkinbot Some kind of electric gourd?

Member Seen 23 hrs ago

Miri let out a breath, having mostly stayed silent until now, ruminating to herself. "I'd rather avoid conflict, if at all possible. If it's ghosts, instead...I could be of some use putting them to rest. I'd rather do that than take a life." There's a moment's pause, then, "I was a priestess before being imprisoned. A healer."

The strange, blue woman's voice seems tired, weary from travel. Her well-fed figure (or rather, the fact that she still had some meat on her bones) implied she either hadn't been in prison too terribly long, or she must have been some kind of prized pig of a nobleman's wife before--likely the former. But then again, magic can do all sorts of strange things.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Gisk
Raw
Avatar of Gisk

Gisk

Member Online

Rolf watched Bergoda and Zarwin peer over the map and wondered briefly if anyone in the party could actually read.

"Aye, ghosts don't bother me, but if this strapping lad is scared," he smiled good naturedly at Zarwin, "We can steer clear of them."

Rolf was dressed simply, forgoing armor, he was in a brown and gray tunic and trousers, with some good leather boots. Better than he'd ever had, in fact. His one concession to ornamentation was a fine blue sash about his waist. Tucked into the sash was the branch he had been carving on at dinner. It was roughly as long as his forearm, and about two finger widths wide through most of the length. The rough bark had been carved away, and there were symbols and marks, inscrutable to most, carved deeply into the wood.

He climbed up into the cab of the wagon, frowning when he was facing away from the others. He wasn't as confident as he sounded, but mystery and ignorance kept wizards safe just as much as their actual magic. He didn't want his party to know that much of his power had been stripped when he'd been imprisoned. Creating a new wand felt almost like beginning his training again. Or maybe more like he was training the wand.

"Let's get a move on, then, eh?"
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by Kelewen
Raw
GM
Avatar of Kelewen

Kelewen

Member Seen 29 days ago

Gris Osteler cursed under his breath as the party Lady Dulcena had assembled split into two and departed in two separate directions. He, along with a few others under the employ of Lord Raullin, were keeping an eye on Dulcena's small castle from a distance, attempting to determine exactly what the suspected sorceress was scheming. So far all they'd accomplished as a poor night's sleep on the ground with nothing happening. He still didn't know much other than the fact that she'd outfitted them with weapons and some armor and sent them off.

Lord Raullin had sent them almost as soon as he had received word of Dulcena using her authority as a member of the high council to release 10 convicted criminals from the prison. Maybe he could finally get the proof he needed to discredit this rival once and for all.

Gris sighed, watching the groups get farther away. He hated splitting his own small group, but didn't see another option if he was to find out where both were headed. "You two follow the ones on horseback," he told two of his companions. "We'll go after the wagon."

--

The pair were dressed in basic traveling cloths, but they still kept a fair distance back from the wagon in an effort to remain inconspicuous as they followed it out of Greenbury and onto the road headed south. Just two more travelers headed toward the bay.

It was early yet, but already growing warm and bright. Gris squinted and put a hand above his brow to get a better look at the folks aboard the wagon.

Hidden 3 mos ago Post by pandapolio
Raw
Avatar of pandapolio

pandapolio

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Aldrich was quite happy that no attention had been drawn to him ever since accepting the mission. As he was getting on to the horse provided to him he wondered how competent the rest of the team were. He had heard about the knight before from his employers, but he had no idea what his level of skill was after being imprisoned for so long. The others he hadn't a clue about except that they were some of the more interesting people he had ever met, and that was saying something. A happy as he was for being set free, he was most excited because he had his sword back, something he thought would be impossible when he asked the old man. Wrapped in cloth as to not draw attention to the weapon he had been clutching it tightly ever since it has been handed to him. "Guess I have to earn my freedom by getting a kid. Strange, but not the worst I've had to do before." He thought to himself.
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by Pumpkinbot
Raw
Avatar of Pumpkinbot

Pumpkinbot Some kind of electric gourd?

Member Seen 23 hrs ago

Miri glanced down the path as she sat in the back of the wagon. For a while, she was silent, quietly staring down at her lap, legs splayed out to the side, as her hooved, digitigrade legs made sitting cross-legged difficult. Eventually, however boredom got the better of her, and she attempted to make small talk with the others.

"So..." Miri took a deep breath. "What do you all plan to do with your freedom?" she asks, looking at nobody in particular. "Assuming we all survive, that is. I'd...like to pick up where I left off and continue to...well, heal. But I'd have to be a bit quieter about it. Less advertising, more word-of-mouth. Maybe be a little more cautious around heavily populated areas." She shrugs, then turns to the half-orc. "What about you, hm?"
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by Kelewen
Raw
GM
Avatar of Kelewen

Kelewen

Member Seen 29 days ago

@pandapolio@POOHEAD189@ProfessorLambo

Both the half-orc and the mercenary seemed to be lost in their own thoughts. So as they started out, Wren steered her own horse beside Aldrich's mount. She gave Aldrich a sly smile and an appraising look. He seemed the quiet sort, she thought. But she didn't mind that.

She let Kayden and Sigmar move far enough ahead that it would be difficult for them to overhear her conversation. "I'm thinking we take no chances with this kid. Wait for him to be alone, then just nab him and haul him right back to Dulcena," she stated, gauging his reaction. "Nice and simple."

Of course, it wasn't likely to be that simple. They didn't even know the boy's first name, just his surname "Thindrel".
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by pandapolio
Raw
Avatar of pandapolio

pandapolio

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Aldrich was somewhat surprised someone asked for his opinion, but he had been thinking nearly the exact same thing."The only problem with this is all the unknowns. How well protected is the boy, how old is he, can he fight? There is just too much we don't know. We will have to see what awaits us before we make any plans."
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by POOHEAD189
Raw
Avatar of POOHEAD189

POOHEAD189 Warrior

Member Seen 8 hrs ago

Kayden acquiesced to her turning his offer down. He shrugged, and told her he'd see her on the road before he set his mare off on a trot. The Knapp creek seemed a fine enough route, though Kayden didn't enjoy how close the trees were when it came to their proximity toward one another and the road. He had traveled enough to know a potential danger when he saw one. Hell, he'd been the potential danger a few times, when the contract was good enough.

Kayden glanced back at Wren speaking to the one called Aldrich, and he raised an eyebrow at them. "I certainly hope they pay attention to the road," he breathed, somewhat jokingly. He enjoyed the small quip to himself every now and then, and he turned back around just in time to see a rustle in the bushes up ahead. Immediately his ears perked, and his gaze grew more severe. But he did not cry out, instead motioning Sigmar to ride a tad closer. "If I am not mistaken my friend, we have a small group of Goblins watching us."

He didn't draw his sword, but he knew they often used throwing spears and short bows on the onset of an attack, if that was indeed what they were planning. He didn't know Goblins to barter or mince words.
@ProfessorLambo@pandapolio@Kelewen
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by pandapolio
Raw
Avatar of pandapolio

pandapolio

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Aldrich noticed the movement of his two companions ahead of him out of the corner of his eye. As he watched them he overheard only one word, but it was enough. "Goblins". He motioned to Wren to move up with him, and trotted forward to catch up to the two up ahead. As he caught up to them, he leaned forward and said,"what's the plan?"
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by Pumpkinbot
Raw
Avatar of Pumpkinbot

Pumpkinbot Some kind of electric gourd?

Member Seen 23 hrs ago

Miri continues talking to Aldrich. "Mmm, true. If--Gods forbid--the boy dies, or we somehow fail the mission, do you think Lady Dulcea would rescind her offer of freedom?"

She opens her mouth to continue, but freezes at the mention of goblons. "Shall I risk a defensive ward?" she mumbles. "It -is-...you know, magic. But I'd rather risk angering the locals over...well, dying."
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by pandapolio
Raw
Avatar of pandapolio

pandapolio

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

"Good idea. Put one up around us and we will see how they react to that. There can't be to many or else they would be much more bold." As Aldrich said that he pulled his sword still wrapped in cloth up close to him, prepared to draw it out if necessary.
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by Kelewen
Raw
GM
Avatar of Kelewen

Kelewen

Member Seen 29 days ago

Mission: Blackmarsh


@Garth@Gisk@Gentlemanvaultboy <-- Team G!

"When I was a child, I was frightened of ghosts," the blind monk said from his seat inside the bed of the wagon, just loud enough that one would have to be paying attention to hear him. He was seated cross legged, seemingly unfazed by the constant bumps and jolts of the vehicle on the rutted road. "As I grew up I realized people are more frightening."

The day was growing cloudier as the wagon rolled southward all morning, finally approaching a small dock where a boat and a fisherman seemed to be waiting for them and Olrik brought the pair of horses to a halt. "Welp," he said, "best of luck to you." By his tone, he could have been wishing them good luck fishing, rather than sending them off into a place where not many ever found their way back from.



Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Kelewen
Raw
GM
Avatar of Kelewen

Kelewen

Member Seen 29 days ago

Mission: The Boy


@pandapolio@POOHEAD189@ProfessorLambo@Pumpkinbot <--- Team P! :)

Wren turned to look at Miri, momentarily considering the question about Dulcena rescinding the offer of freedom. The thought of returning to that fetid cell was almost more than she could bear and she scoured. "She'd better never let me out again if she does. I'd not rest til she paid for that one," she stated, the words loose before she considered the wisdom of saying that out loud.

But something was happening ahead, drawing her attention. Had they said 'goblins'? Wren shortened her reins in her hands, ready to kick her steed to a much faster pace if needed. She glanced into the thick undergrowth, but could see nothing through the thick foliage. Already, her mount was beginning to grow anxious, not a good sign.

"There can't be too many or else they would be much more bold," Aldrich was saying. Perhaps he was right. Maybe the creatures wouldn't risk an encounter with 5 adventurers. Or maybe they were biding their time. Or maybe going to fetch all their friends...

Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Garth
Raw
Avatar of Garth

Garth He's a gladiator

Member Seen 16 min ago

Mission: Blackmarsh


(Team G-Men)

The fisherman was a tough looking old man. He looked more pirate than fisherman. Zarwin aided the blink monk and was ready to help guide him to the boat and over the side onto the boat if needed. When they boated, Zarwin nodded to the fisherman. He's never been on a sea faring boat before, but he's been on these small river boats lots of times. He could swim so he wasn't too worried about falling in. However, he didn't like thinking about what was under the water.

He laid his bow across his lap and made sure his arrows were within easy reach if needed.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by pandapolio
Raw
Avatar of pandapolio

pandapolio

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

"I think we should keep moving in case there are more coming." Aldrich wanted to get out of there so there wasn't a chance of getting swamped."we may have the advantage in skill, but they do know how to use their numbers."
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Pumpkinbot
Raw
Avatar of Pumpkinbot

Pumpkinbot Some kind of electric gourd?

Member Seen 23 hrs ago

Miri let a heavy breath out her nose. "I'm hesitant to turn our backs to them. And my barrier's only going to cover the one side, so we may have to cover our backs, if they go around. Now..." She closed her eyes and steadied her breathing, before holding her hands out before her. A shimmering wall of golden magic suddenly solidifies itself between her allies and the goblins, about six feet wide by four feet tall. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing. "Whew...Been a while since I did that."
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by ProfessorLambo
Raw
Avatar of ProfessorLambo

ProfessorLambo The Rookie

Member Seen 1 mo ago

When asked what he wanted to do with his freedom his whole demeanor changed as if he never considered. After the death of Lady Celina it really felt like the end of his life spiritually. He was adopted and raised by The Tyrules for only one purpose, to be Lady Celina's eternal protector. He remained solemnly quiet for at least 10 minutes before answering with a soft "My late master had wanted to run an orphanage perhaps I'll do that"

Upon being motioned by Kayden he sighed, still not comfortable being around the mercenaries type. Nonetheless the former knight still complied

"Goblins? Sure it ain't other kind of fellows like Kobold or…"

He paused wondering about other pack/tribal like monster before conceding

"Fine yeah it's probably goblins"

Sigmar stared at the group as the priestess set up the shield.

Pulling out his giant shield and responds sarcastically, his cheery demeanor back

"Ladies and Gentlemen I would like to propose a plan. We don't want to fight the goblins. The goblins no horses but we have so I suggest we just book it and run"

His speech in broken common for comedic effect. He shrugged before continuing

"But I'm still down for a fight"
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet