Hidden 3 mos ago 2 mos ago
Zeroth Post
Raw
Zeroth
The Monsters








Hidden 3 mos ago Post by IceHeart
Raw
GM
Avatar of IceHeart

IceHeart

Member Seen 10 hrs ago


Location: Angel City, Cherubim Park - October 25, Friday
Event: Entity Reveals Monster Phase



THE ENTITY could feel that the monsters were just about to become consistently active again. The next champions had been selected and now it was time to see if they would be up to the task. Now THE ENTITY was not about to become too involved with the humans yet it would be best for the warriors to at least have the chance to meet together once before things could get too out of hand. This was why it had decided to track down the next location for the monsters to appear. From what the strange being could tell, the park where were the next dimensional tear would occur.

As the being was in its energy form, normal humans were completely oblivious to its presence, both to those it had attuned to the monster's frequency, the energy was like a beacon to them. THE ENTITY floated above the park to let its light shine out across the city. The sun was starting to get low in the sky but it would still be bright for a while longer. For the moment families enjoyed the somewhat cooling outdoors as Fall prepared for the Winter ahead, there would not be too much longer outdoor activities could be done in relative warmth and the citizens were trying to get as much out of the remnants of summer as possible.

Of course they would not be enjoying it for much longer...
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by medalliah
Raw
Avatar of medalliah

medalliah Magical

Member Online



The Feeling was back again.

It was a chilly day, even more so for those venturing out from their homes and shopping during it. For Emily, who had managed to find shelter for the night in the garden shed of a family away for the week (or perhaps the day, Emily didn't know), it was freezing. She didn't like to steal, it went against everything she wanted to become, but she was desperate and the coat left hanging on the door looked warm. Even if the shade of green was ugly as anything.

She couldn't be picky after all.

The Feeling was back again.

Her day had been much like previous; some nice old people had taken pity on the young homeless girl and brought her a warm lunch of soup and bread. It was the first hot meal she'd had that week, so she couldn't complain about hating tomato soup, she just happily finished the soup and bread and thanked the old woman before going on her way. The homeless situation was getting worse in the city, but as she was a lot younger than most she often got ignored. Except for the random upper class man telling her to stop being a 'whore' and to go back to her parents.

Emily would if she could. She really would. That option wasn't there for her anymore.

As she turned onto a street, going towards the park where she'd hoped to find a bench to sleep on, she came to a sudden stop. The Feeling was back again.

The Feeling that never lead her wrong. The Feeling that something was about to happen. The Feeling that while she rarely could remember the outcome, often left her with things that she could sell to get money for a room, or some food, or both (one rare time). The items were never stolen, she was always more than sure of it, but she never understood how she got them.

It didn't matter though. The Feeling was back again. Emily trusted it, because while it always made her nervous it also made her feel strong.

She followed the Feeling to where it was guiding her, and the others around her continued on their merry way to get indoors or to just enjoy the scenic view of Autumn. As they always did.

The Feeling was here.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Spectral
Raw
Avatar of Spectral

Spectral

Member Seen 17 hrs ago



How long has it been since I was last here? Finding himself sitting alone on one of the various park benches, Liam keeps himself occupied by looking between the various people here and the game device in his hands, currently paused. He lets out a silent sigh as he reminds himself why he broke his normal routine to stop at Cherubim Park today.

His gaze shifted above him to the sky. Once again, he can make out a strange light, high over the park. Part of him is still not sure if he isn’t just seeing things, as those that he can see currently around him seem to be giving no indication that the strange light is even there. He contemplates leaving, but the curiosity of the light is too much to simply just ignore. But as nothing had yet come out of his waiting here, he returns his focus for the time being to the boss battle on his screen.

This should be a walk in the park! He smirked a bit at his own sense of humor, before diving into the fight.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by IceHeart
Raw
GM
Avatar of IceHeart

IceHeart

Member Seen 10 hrs ago


Location: Angel City, Cherubim Park - October 25, Friday
Event: Monster Phase Begins
Monster
Razorback



Things were starting to wind down in Cherubim Park, those with young kids had already left or were just starting to leave. A group of teenage girls were having a little picnic on a classic red and white checkered blanket. The gaggle of girls were munching on sandwiches, crackers, cheese, and a thermos full of cold lemonade. They were a group of friends from Seraphim High that had decided to get one last casual get-together outdoors before something like a picnic would become impractical, already it was starting to get a bit cool as the heat of the day disappeared into evening.

Their names were Emily, Katherine, Akari, and Denise. As one might surmise from their names, one of them was Japanese, well half anyway. Emily was a brunette with curly hair, Katherine was a freckled red-head, Akari was typically black haired but had put in some dark blue highlights to add some color, and Denise was a shocking blonde. They had been friends for a long time an even now still did a lot of things together, except dating boys of course.

"So which one do you like?" Emily asked as the group munched and watched a bunch of young men playing around with a frisbee. They were playing a game of Ultimate Frisbee, kind of like putting Frisbee and Football together. They were split into two teams and while it was uneven, the losing team still put up a good fight.

"I'd say the tall, stately one with the square jaw." Katherine answered quickly, though her choice had been obvious as he kind of looked like that one actor from Smallville.

"Not a bad choice, but I have to go with the cute blonde that keeps trying so hard." Akari smiled as the guy tried to block a pass but the one doing the catching managed to catch it anyway. "Can't tell from here, but bonus points if he has blue eyes."

"You are such a typical Asian." Denise teased as she tried to get a good feel for which one was her type. She looked around for a bit then settled on one. "That kind of muscular one there that can run like a linebacker is pretty hot. Now how about you Emily?"

Emily started fingering her curls as she looked at the players, then she smiled and pointed to one near the temporary end zone. "I think he-" Suddenly the ground beneath the guy erupted in a cloud of dirt, tossing the fellow forward onto his face. Behind him a massive beast with sharp teeth, tusks, and massive spikes all over its body as if it had been born from a stalagmite filled cave. Emily stared in shock as her finger was now pointing straight at the monster.

"I didn't know your tastes were that bad." Denise laughed nervously, nobody quite believing what they were seeing. The knocked over guy rolled over and tried to scrambled away from the monster, but it slammed a massive hand onto his legs, preventing him from escaping. It took only a few seconds but already the monster had claimed its first victim. The girls grew pale at the sight of the crushed young man and everyone started rushing about in a panic, cries of 'monster!' and 'help' pierced the air as chaos descended on the park.

"Forget the stuff! Let's get out of here!" The girls quickly started to race out of the park, well all but Emily who was frozen to the spot in terror as her arm slowly descended to her side as the monster started chasing after whatever human was nearest to it. The people were at least smart enough to scatter in all directions but that fact would only reduce the casualties a bit, unless something else happened fast.

The Entity watched in silence from above, but did not stop its 'broadcast'. Soon they would arrive and the energy from The Entity would trigger the transformation of those who could fight. For those already awakened it would do nothing but light the way to their newest foe.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Saltwater Thief
Raw
Avatar of Saltwater Thief

Saltwater Thief The Wild Card

Member Seen 3 days ago


Aria Phoenis


The screaming was the calling card. It was the sound of terror reigning as people were confronted by a thing they did not know, would not comprehend, and could not fight. It preceded the thunderous footsteps of all of them scrambling to get away. And, Aria knew as the noise reached her ears, it meant another monster had appeared. A heavy weight fell into her stomach as she instinctively recounted the previous instances; the first monster had nearly killed her before being driven away. The second had exhausted her entirely in its vanquishing. And now, the third was nearly at her doorstep, and there was but one being who knew what it would take before passing; and it certainly wasn't in the practice of talking.

"I could run," she thought to herself, "I'm far enough away that I could just get away from the broadcast range, forget this all ever happened." It would be easy, and nobody would blame her. And yet, something stopped her from doing that. Maybe it was her sense of responsibility, the knowing that she had the capacity and therefor the duty to fight these things. Maybe it was her inability to ignore those in trouble. Or, perhaps, it was simply that her transformation took the form of Marigold's drawings of her in a cruel twist that dripped irony as a snake's fang would venom. In spite of her hardships while donning it, it felt reassuring, peaceful even at times, just to wear that ridiculous outfit.

By the time she was conscious of her choice, her feet had already started moving.

It wasn't long before the Razorback noticed the paralyzed girl staring at it, and with easy prey on the mind it started rumbling toward her. As its great arms rose to come crashing down on top of her however, a spherical swirling flame erupted into being around Emily, burning and singing the rocks on the monster's forearms as they met with what felt like a physical wall. The flames dispersed as it pulled its hands away, leaving Emily unharmed. Before the Razorback regained its composure, a blur of scarlet red slammed into it from the side and sent it stumbling like a drunkard for a moment.

"Don't just stand there, get away from here!" Aria cried out to the girl as she stood in her costume, sword blazing and in both hands, "NOW!"

Turning her focus back to the recovering creature, one of the valves at the back of her sword sparked into a small jet of fire as her armor began to glow a brighter shade of red, pulling the Razorback's sight towards it- and more importantly, away from everyone else. She darted forward, just close enough to lash at the creature with her burning saber, then leaped backwards and began to strafe around toward an area less populated. The creature followed, chasing after her and swatting with its claws. Aria threw her sword before each swing, blunting the impact and protecting herself from the sharpened clutches, until the beast again attempted a brutal overhead strike with both hands. Aria once again called her protective fires, this time around herself as she raised her sword and supported it with both hands. The fierce attack broke through the shield and met the sword, driving her heels into the dirt as she pushed back with all the strength she could muster...!
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by 13org
Raw
Avatar of 13org

13org Stay fresh!

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

Nori Hirai


In a calm pace, Nori walked through the park with no particular goal in mind. Even though he did ask himself a few times what made him go to the park on that particular day, he didn't have a certain answer other than that it simply seemed to be like a good idea. Despite that, he couldn't help but to be glad that he did so. A cold, gentle breeze caressed his face as the day became evening, the background noises of people talking, having picnics and relaxing, the beautiful colors in the sky, which were just as wonderful as always only made the atmosphere more to Nori's liking. Unlike most days though, a strange sight drew Nori's attention. Even though It's presence was faint, there was a strange light, floating above, illuminating the park below together with the evening lights, creating quite a beautiful scene.

"It is a shame I didn't bring a brush and paint... This is quite a rare sight..." Nori said to himself, with a placid smile on his face as he looked, absentmindedly, to the evening sky and the beautiful yet strange light that floated above the park.

Nori knew that inspiration, whether it came from one's own head and imagination or a particularly interesting or beautiful scene was elusive and thus, it was useless for him to go fetch something for him to paint on, instead he was satisfied with just appreciating the sight before him. Going towards a vending machine, he bought a can of green tea before sitting down on the grass and slowly sipping it as he appreciated the evening.

Unfortunately, his plans were soon ruined as the ground below a group who was playing fresbee suddenly erupted in quite a commotion. A huge, spiked beast, with dangerous looking tusks and sharp teeth appeared. While it's appearance was exactly one someone would expect to see from a horror movie, the tremor on the ground the second the beast slammed his hands on a bystander's legs was enough to tell anyone that it was very real...

Having already experienced a similar situation before, Nori was calm as he sighed, disappointed that his relaxing evening was ruined. Even though he wasn't that nearby the creature and could probably simply walk away, an innocent bystander was already killed by the raging beast and a young girl, who appeared to be paralyzed by fear was soon going to be the next victim.

Luckily enough, before Nori could do anything, a red haired woman in a strange costume and wielding a two handed fire sword saved the girl, using a huge sphere of flames to make the creature flinch and then throwing it back. As the Fude brush appeared in his hand, he walked forward, towards the place where the red haired girl and the creature were exchanging blows. The very moment the girl blocked the creature's attack and began overpowering it, pushing it backwards, Nori saw an opening for him to do something.

Nori did want to use his 'Demonic Ink' to try to cut the creature, but he didn't know if it would be enough to cut or make a dent on the creature's carapace. Giving a quick glance at the creature's body, he noticed that his abdomen seemed to be the place where his armor was the weakest. If he was able to find an opening, his demonic ink could probably open a sizeable wound on the creature. Unfortunately, the creature was too focused on the armored girl and he didn't knew if he would be able to hit only the creature seeing how the girl and the monster were changing blows and moving around. It was then that Nori had an idea...

With light, quick and agile movements, Nori ran closer where the battle was happening. His movements, despite the speed, were almost as if he was calmly gliding through the grass. The second he got in a medium distance, he spun his Fude brush besides him, before drawing a long streak of black ink in the ground, stopping just behind the creature and making it's feet sink inside the line he drew. That specific ink was named by Nori as Suzuri no tamashii due to how it behaved. Thanks to the armored girl being blocking and pushing pushing the creature back, that line would hopefully be enough to make it lose it's footing, giving both of them some time to think and the other bystanders, time to run.

The moment the creature's feet sank into Nori's ink, he turned towards the armored girl, calling to her with a calm voice.

"Please, don't move!" he said, loud enough for the girl to hear as he moved it's brush with arcing, fast movements, almost as a samurai would move it's naginata.

From his brush, two streaks of red blood ink came out. Flying through the air almost as if they were cutting it, the streaks of ink went straight towards the creature's abdomen. The line he made behind the creature before and the armored girl temporarily pushing against the creature with her blade would provide Nori enough of an opening to send those attacks to it, without hitting the girl.
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by AdmrlStalfos19
Raw
Avatar of AdmrlStalfos19

AdmrlStalfos19 Undead. Not Updated

Member Seen 18 hrs ago



Gushiken Torami had been walking around the city for quite some time, as part of her usual evening stroll. She'd been keeping an eye out for anything strange this whole time, but ever since that one anomaly where one of the monsters had been attacking the local mall and tore it asunder, everything had just been... normal. Too normal, even. It was enough for Torami to doubt what she saw was real.

Torami sat down on park bench where she remembered her father finding her on. A group of four girls were the first ones Torami had her eyes on. They certainly chose an odd time to have a picnic, but that wasn't something she'd personally consider interesting enough to keep watching. She did pay enough attention to notice they were all looking in one general direction, and shifted her attention accordingly. That plastic disc-like object that some young men were throwing around as part of a game struck a peculiar chord of fascination. Torami found herself entranced, as though she could watch the game for hours.

...

Then all of a sudden, it happened. A monster had burst out of the ground under one of the players' feet. Everyone had scampered in all directions as would be expected, and that was enough to keep casualties to a minimum at the very least since the monster could only target one person at a time. However, one of the original four girls that Torami was watching had been completely paralyzed in fear from the sight of the attacking monster, and the picnic basket and that "disc" still lied on the ground where the monster could easily trample on them, intentionally or otherwise. Without a second's hesitation, Torami raced to grab both of those things, and immediately caught up to the girl whose friends had inadvertently left her behind.

"Excuse me!" Torami called out, carrying the disc-like object on top of the closed basket, "Are any of these items yours?"

While Torami's clothes had transformed in preparation to combat the monster, she had yet to realize that that was what she was meant to do.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Spectral
Raw
Avatar of Spectral

Spectral

Member Seen 17 hrs ago



As Liam was coming close to conquering the boss upon his screen, the calming atmosphere was broken as a mass of people screaming could be heard coming from deeper in the park. Looking up, he can see some of them running his direction, fear quite evident upon their faces as they approach. But what really got his attention from them was what they were yelling about. All of them making mention of a beast. A monster.

And they were coming from where that light still rested in the sky.

Quickly returning his handheld to its case and placing it back into his bag, Liam with little thought began to run against the tide of frightened citizens made haste towards the light and whatever this “monster” is. It wasn’t long before he came across the field below the light. And it only took a moment more to see that the screams of a monster were indeed not an exaggeration. There was an honest to god massive beast was here! In reality!

His eyes then caught motion going on around the large beast. Not only was there the monster, he realized there was, in fact, people already fighting it too! From what he could see, it appeared as two girls and a guy had already engaged it. And not just that. It looked like they were actually putting up a fight with strange powers of their own, if the fire and weird streaks being used by the people were any indication.

As the fight continued in front of him, Liam’s mind raced. He should, by all accounts, be fleeing away from such a terror. No one could fault him on it. But Liam could feel it at his very core. He could fight this thing. He HAD to help fight it. Liam grimaced as he looked at his hands. How the hell is he supposed to fight lik-

Rattle, Rattle.

The sound of metallic chains sounded in his ears. He glanced around at the strange sound, only to realize it had come from in front of him. From his very arms no less, as two chains began to unfurl out of them. Strangely, Liam found he wasn't bothered by their sudden appearance. They felt like… they were part of him. He couldn’t explain it. Not that he had the time to, What with the fight going on before him.

Instinctively, the chains that came hovering out of his arms and seemed to align with his eyes on the monster. He also took note that at the ends of both chains sat a considerable sized metal ball. He had no doubt it had weight to them either. If they could fall upon the beast perhaps…

It was then the chains, upon this very thought, shot into the sky up over the beast. As they reached what he felt was the right spot, his arms grabbed at the new seemingly magical chains and reacted by immediately motioning his arms with them into a slamming motion. And they responded as he had envisioned, as the two weighted masses slammed into the beast's back.

Liam couldn’t help but grin to himself at this as adrenaline began to run in his veins. He really could fight like this! And as the chains retracted rapidly back to him, he was ready to take a stand against the beast with those others and protect the civilians still fleeing.

Is this what it’s like to feel like a hero, I wonder?
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by medalliah
Raw
Avatar of medalliah

medalliah Magical

Member Online



It was as Emily got close to the park that the ground erupted, showing the area including her in dirt. She started up at the giant beast, knowing she should be terrified like the others scrambling away from the vile creature, but she wasn't. Her heart had barely started to race.

The Feeling however was stronger, and she looked down at her hands as they started to glow, much like it always did before things went slightly fuzzy.

"I like chocolate" she whispered, and she swore she heart a voice laugh and reply with "I know". As the world went fuzzy, the thing that made the least sense was she knew the voice; it was her own voice.

Outwardly, the glow from her hands had spread across the rest of her body. Her long scruffy red hair started to wrap around itself and shorten until it was just halfway down her neck, the rest changing into a yellow hat on her head. The icky green coat fell away, her body glowing and yellow clothes starting to form. Once it had all finished, the girl that was previously standing there was now looking nothing like the homeless girl:



"Well well well, what do we have here?" the girl said, walking forward and tutting "this just won't do. No no no."

Magical Girl Emily put her hand on a nearby bench, before ripping it out of the ground and starling some of the people running away, who looked at her with wide eyes. "Don't worry, I'm a professional!" She winked, bringing the bench up onto her shoulder. The bench started to change form, shrinking, the wood wrapping together until it had formed what almost looked like some kind of rocket launcher.

She saw someone baiting the monster, and another using chains to damage it. What a lovely idea!

"Time to catch me a puppy!" She focused a powerful shot from the benchcannon, the bullet exploding above the monster to form a solid net, which fell down upon the beast and dug into the ground around it, pinning it down at least momentarily.

"Boom, 10 points for the good guys!" she dropped the benchcannon, it returning to its original bench-like form as she walked towards the fight, picking up the trash can nearby and shaping it into a smaller machine gun as she approached.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by IceHeart
Raw
GM
Avatar of IceHeart

IceHeart

Member Seen 10 hrs ago

THE ENTITY could feel the powers converging underneath, it appeared that the battle had starting. The first battle for some and not for others, it was nevertheless probably their first joint operation. Feel there was no need to act as a spotlight anymore, THE ENTITY powered down and descended toward the park behind some trees. From previous experiences THE ENTITY realized that its natural form could be somewhat distracting so it took on a human form to continue observations.

For the moment it decided to take on the form of someone their age but aside from that there were so many templates to choose from, what ended up appearing was a bit of a unique individual. Having assumed its new form the entity took a spot by leaning against a tree so it could observe the action without interfering, it was time to see what the new warriors could do.


Location: Angel City, Cherubim Park - October 25, Friday
Event: Monster Reaction #1
Monster
Razorback



The jaws of death were about to descend upon poor Emily but then a flaming girl managed to stop the creature and lure it away. Her heart beat loudly in her chest at the sight, her legs still paralyzed from shock. The girl had said something to her but she had totally missed it, but just then another girl in a remarkably frilly outfit, had recovered the picnic basket and even a frisbee from the boys earlier.

"U-um the picnic basket is mine." She managed to say, her mind starting to come back into focus from the shock of it all. Suddenly there were a ton of weird things popping up, what the heck was going on!? Her legs finally under her control, Emily quickly took the picnic basket and frisbee, she could return the frisbee to the guys later.

"There's a lot I want to ask but we really should get out of here!" Emily quickly started running away, she wasn't about to become a corpse like that guy from earlier!




The monster had been intercepted by a flaming swordsman and in a rage the monster clashed with her with all its strength. The flames were annoying but with its rocky outer shell it was nothing to really worry about. It was about to smash through the girl's defenses when something heavy slammed into its back, the metal balls making quite the racket on impact. Annoyed the creature tried to turn around but its feet were caught in something. Instead of continuing to slam down on the swordswoman the creature brushed her aside with its strong arms, no longer caring about smashing her for the moment as it wanted to concentrate on moving freely again, this was a mistake however.

With the girl pushed out of the way the red ink attacks slashed into its thinly protected abdomen. Two slash marks cut through its thin exoskeleton and the marks turned red with blood. The creature groaned in agony and just as it managed to rip itself free, a net fell on top of it from on high. The creature was now hurt and it was pissed, not wanting to deal with breaking through the net, the creature dug into the ground and disappeared from view, a rumble could be felt as the monster burrowed through the earth.

Feeling a target through the vibrations it felt in the earth, the monster went to the nearest target that was making the most racket. The rattling of the chains made the most noise and so the monster erupted from the ground and curled up into a spinning ball of death in an attempt to flatten its attacker.


Monster Weakness Detected:

Thin Abdominal Armor
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Duoya
Raw
Avatar of Duoya

Duoya

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Ken Ozawa


Ken Ozawa was not like most teenagers his age - rather than spend his time in his room or hanging out with friends, he was currently sitting outside a convenience store with a cheap ice cream bar he bought. Ken was working on his math homework, which was more advanced than the work at his old school. It also probably felt more advanced because he was seriously trying to work on it for once - at his old school, he was far more focused on working at his job and rarely did his homework, or at most copied it from people he sat near before class started. But now, with no job to take up his time and no hobbies, Ken found himself putting serious effort into his education for once.

He was eager to do something more interesting and took a break as soon as he felt a slight pulling on his sleeve. Nothing was there - at least, nothing Ken could see. He wasn't sure what the force was - it had suddenly started manifesting itself a few days prior. While something like this was a bit concerning at first, you'd be surprised how fast you could get used to such an overtly supernatural effect. Normally it was very weak, to the point that Ken would barely notice it was present. It was the same right now, but Ken allowed himself to turn towards where the force pulled him. He did the same thing over the time he had it, and it had only really ever benefitted him.

A short distance away, in the slowly darkening sky, Ken noticed what appeared to be a light floating high in the air. Ken took a few seconds to realize it wasn't the sun - maybe a drone or some sort of public display? All the same, the force had done as he asked and showed him a method to pass the time more smoothly. Ken began to walk his way towards the light, not even noticing the ever so slight pull of his power directing him towards it.

It didn't take long for Ken to realize how horrible of a mistake he made. When he finally entered the park, where the light seemed to originate from, there was something that Ken had never seen in his entire life. A bipedal creature resembling some kind of Arthropod was bursting out of the ground to attack some guy around Ken's age. Ken quickly turned to leave, assuming he was intruding on the set of some movie. It made sense anyways - there was another girl who had a sword made of fire and another man with what appeared to be an ink brush. It took a second for Ken to realize that the special effects were a little too advanced here - didn't people use computers to add in the environment and the monsters to the movies? And the area looked was being destroyed pretty violently...

What convinced Ken was his powers - the force that he had felt the last few days was far stronger, at least thrice as powerful as it was a few minutes prior. And it was still pulling him directly towards that giant monster.

Normally, Ken would leave a situation like this immediately. However, this was the first time he had noticed his powers acting up like this. If he knew where his powers came from, and more importantly, how they could suddenly get so powerful... Well, Ken had quite a few ideas on how to use his strengthened force far more effectively.

Ken kept his distance from the monster, focusing inside of himself. A small barrier of light appeared near him before flickering away when he lost focus. He had other powers besides that force... Well, he only noticed them now since it was so much easier to use these powers right now for some reason. Ken eventually elected to stay away from the fight and jump in if the other guys needed help, or the monster seemed especially weakened - Ken felt the woman with a sword on fire and the girl with what looked like a gun were far more equipped to deal with the creature than he was.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Spectral
Raw
Avatar of Spectral

Spectral

Member Seen 17 hrs ago



Liam was feeling the adrenaline pumping now. Even though his attack didn’t appear to damage it much as he could see, just seeing them slam into the beast and distract it from attacking the girl before in front of it felt pretty good. And with the other guy’s follow up attack of that weird but effective red looking stuff, Liam’s mind thought towards finishing this quickly.

Of course, it seemed he would end up jinxing himself with this thought, as the beast then surprised him by diving into the earth below, vanishing from sight. “Oh come on!” He lets out an exasperated tone. “Can’t you just stay on the surf-“

His sentence was cut off as the beast not long after diving below the earth resurfaced. And not just anywhere, but close to him! To make matters worse, it seemed that, judging by it spinning at him as it did, it was making a beeline straight at him.

“Ahaha… I’m in danger…”

As if in instinctual response, the chain on his right side hurled itself to the side, as the ball at the end transformed into a spear head like implement and struck into a nearby tree in the woods. When the beast seemed nearly upon him, Liam this time found himself pulled by the chain towards the tree to his right, dodging what certainly could have proven a devastating blow.

“Seems it’s focused on me currently!” He calls out to those others fighting said monster with him. “I could really use some assistance here!” He added, as the one spear head chain popped out of the tree and he prepared both to do the same again to another tree of it continued its charge rolling at him.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by AdmrlStalfos19
Raw
Avatar of AdmrlStalfos19

AdmrlStalfos19 Undead. Not Updated

Member Seen 18 hrs ago



"That would be wise, yes," Torami said in response, "Do not worry; I will keep everyone safe."

As the girl took her leave, Torami turned her attention to the monster, examining it more closely and trying to compare it to what she remembered of the monster that attacked the mall that day. This one was not it; that much she could tell at first glance. But still, she couldn't ignore the damage that the whole park had sustained thanks to this fiend, nor could she ignore the lives it had claimed thus far. Torami knew what she had to do. She had to kill this thing before it had the chance to hurt anyone else.

Starlight had already been forming inside her dead-looking right eye, and she gathered even more in her left hand, which belonged to her good throwing arm. It looked as though the monster had already been softened up by some of the other combatants while she was charging up her attacks, so she intended to finish it off right then and there. She was confident that just those two attacks from her would do it.

"Now then; Star Grenade," with that, Torami hurled the ball of starlight she'd been forming in her hand with all her might. It had exploded right in the lower chest area where she was aiming; this was meant to stagger the beast and destroy whatever armor plating it had there.

"Followed by Luminous Eye," a beam of starlight shot from Torami's right eye and slammed right into where the monster had been struck by the Star Grenade from earlier. Torami had no intention of letting up the pressure. This thing was going to get slain one way or the other.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Saltwater Thief
Raw
Avatar of Saltwater Thief

Saltwater Thief The Wild Card

Member Seen 3 days ago


Aria Phoenis


Just as Aria began to lose her footing, a voice shouted at her to not move as the monster suddenly released its pressure. Knowing that such things are rarely said without good reason, she resisted the urge to jump away and planted her feet as a series of... were those paint lines? Whatever they were, they did some real damage as they tore into the creature's torso. It looked like that was a weak point.

"Thanks for that," she said aloud, "We need to kill this thing, and fast!"

The beast quickly recovered however, burrowing deep underground before emerging and attempting to take pieces out of one of the other people that came to help with his chain weapons. He sprang away, but the beast continued to roll toward him as a spiked ball of death. Another newcomer, this one firing energy blasts from her eye and hand, made to slow the Razorback with fire, and Aria was quick to follow suit. She broke into a run as another "feather" ignited on her sword, but rather than brandish the blade she called another barrier around herself as she threw herself into a shoulder tackle, followed by a heated slash to where she suspected its exposed gut lay within the sphere!
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by medalliah
Raw
Avatar of medalliah

medalliah Magical

Member Online



"Ugh, it burrows. Wonderful" the magical girl in yellow sighed as her new pet had burrowed out of the net, only to jump out of the ground and charge after one of the ground after one of the others.

"Oops..."

Then suddenly, BOOM. Another girl with explosive eyes had joined the fray! She watched as the beast was rocked, then another girl charging in with some glowy sword.

That gave her an idea. She dropped the weapon she'd just created, and ran to one of the trees, focusing her energy through it, creating a crane. As the beast was rocked by the sword, and the explosions, it wouldn't be able to see the crane coming in from above and grabbing it, lifting it into the air high above the ground, but not too high.

"Anyone for some Monster Piñata?" She smirked, keeping her power going through the crane "be quick about it though. Won't be able to hold this forever!"
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by 13org
Raw
Avatar of 13org

13org Stay fresh!

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

Nori Hirai


Nori's assumption proved to be correct as the streaks of red ink dug deep into the monster's abdomen, wounding it. He was glad that the swordswoman heard his voice, holding her ground despite the creature's fierce attacks. Other than Nori's attack, someone else seemed to have used the opening he created, as two heavy metal balls slammed the creature in the back. A quick glance revealed that the chains were coming from a yellow shirt guy, retracting and disappearing soon after. The creature's pained groan echoed through the park, finally escaping from the streak of black ink and setting itself free. Unfortunately for it, the attacks weren't over yet, as it was blasted by an explosion coming from a cheerful girl, wielding something that appeared to be a hybrid between one of the park's benches and a cannon.

Nori couldn't help but to think how much of a coincidence it could be that so many people with powers were reunited in that same place, in the very moment a creature showed up.

"Such a coincidence... Not it's lucky day." He muttered to himself with a chuckle.

By now, most of the bystanders had already ran away, panicking. Other than the ones fighting the creature, there were only a few strangers in the park. Amongst them, a strange girl who was simply leaning against a tree, watching the fight and a petite, gothic lolita style dress, whom casually grabbed the disc and the picnic basket and went towards some of the girls who were making a picnic before. Completely ignoring the creature, she asked if the disk or the basket were theirs. Amongst them, there was the girl who was almost mauled to death by the creature a while before.

Nori began walking towards the girls, trying to tell them to run away, but before he got there though, he had another surprise. The petite girl carrying the basked also had powers, at it became evident as she threw a ball made of light, exploding on the creature, followed by a beam coming from her eye.

"Hm... Definitely not just a coincidence..." Nori thought to himself as he shrugged, directing his attention to the creature again.

Before they could reply though, the creature made another move. Wounded and definitely angry after Nori's attack, it buried itself on the earth with a loud noise and a tremor. It was highly unlikely that the creature was simply going to flee after one attack and as such, Nori assumed it was preparing an attack. Surprisingly enough, instead of targeting him or the girl with the flaming sword, it went after the boy who conjured the chains, probably due to the loud noise it made, curling up in a ball and rolling with a frightening speed towards him.

After being pummeled by the petite girl's light attacks, the flaming swordswoman made a barrier around herself, tackling the monster head on in order to stop it's charge, slashing it's gut soon after. Thanks to her shoulder tackle staggering the creature, it gave the girl who used the bench-cannon before enough time for her to use her power again, transforming a nearby tree into a crane, lifting the creature from the ground.

Seeing that the fight against that particular creature shouldn't be that difficult, due to the sheer amount of people wielding powers who were reunited there, Nori was more interested in the reason for such an unlikely reunion, but as he heard the girl's voice, telling them to be quick and attack the creature, he figured he should do something too.

Dashing through the park with light and graceful steps, he moved in a circle around the creature, staying far from it. As he spun his own body, he swung his brush in a horizontal, slashing motion, creating a half moon shaped streak made of the same red ink in the air, which simply stood still in the very place he drew them. Doing the same thing four times as he circled around the creature, he stopped after one complete circle, he stopped on the same place he started, gently tapping the butt of his brush on the ground. The second he did so, the half moon shaped streaks he had drawn, aiming right in the middle of the creature's body, both abdomen and it's back, finally moved, hitting the creature from all sides.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by IceHeart
Raw
GM
Avatar of IceHeart

IceHeart

Member Seen 10 hrs ago


Location: Angel City, Cherubim Park - October 25, Friday
Event: Monster Reaction #2
Monster
Razorback



The monster was finding itself countered at every turn as the sun started to dip behind the horizon, giving way to twilight. The Razorback was literally, handing in the air like a pinata. It tried to cut away the line but it couldn't quite reach it with it's large arms. While it struggled it was once again slashed with those strange red lines, while they did little against its back its abdomen once again gushed from a variety of wounds. Blasted, slashed, and dangling off the ground away from its sweet vibrations the creature was in a panic, it was going to die at this rate. The monster did have an ace up its sleeve though, ADAPTATION.

The creature needed to attack at a distance and so it's body started to change. The exoskeleton started to morph, the spikes on its body started to shift around, point themselves at its attackers, and then launch themselves out like a dart gun. The ADAPTATION for this monster was to change what was mostly a defensive measure into an offensive one. Long, pointed spikes dug into the ground and trees, skewering everything in sight in a last ditch effort to get the fight back under control.



Monster End Phase
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Spectral
Raw
Avatar of Spectral

Spectral

Member Seen 17 hrs ago



“Oh, great. Of course it has final gambit move.”

Liam grumbles a bit as the beast before him body seemingly began to shift. His head tilting out behind the current tree he was taking cover with, he could see the flailing monster’s spikes starting to shift across his body. He at first thought it was going to try and porcupine it up defensively. However, that thought was trashed the moment one of the spikes shot off the beasts back, embedding itself into the tree he was behind. The sharp point bursting through were his head was just mere seconds before.

“Staying here is a go then. If we can’t stop it from shooting off more of them…”as he speaks this, an idea forms in his head. It was perhaps rather risky… no, it certainly was. But at the current rate, it’s likely he or even one of the others could find themselves impaled if this keeps up. So in his desperation idea, he bailed out from behind the tree. Running to keep ahead of the spikes after him, he wills his chains to shoot up towards the beast. Deflecting some of the spikes as they rush onward, the ends look as if they were going to overshoot the monster. But once passing over, their direction changed, heading around the monster instead of passing over.

Over and over. Round and round. The chains rapidly began to wrap around the beast. As they tightened, the spikes they were over found themselves stuck against the very back they were supposed to shoot off of. With the number of spikes now limited, Liam takes hold of the chains. Though Liam doubted his physical strength added much to them, he could almost feel like a bit of his stamina was returning to him. Maybe there was more to these chains of his than he originally thought, as strange colors seemed to move from the chains down to him from the direction of the monster.

“I’ve limited its attack spread!” He calls aloud to the others. “If I may suggest that if you got an opening, now would be the time to take it!”
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Duoya
Raw
Avatar of Duoya

Duoya

Member Seen 13 hrs ago

Ken Ozawa


Staying back seemed like it was the smart decision - the others clearly showed that they were able to handle themselves, and didn't need Ken to engage this monster. Ken nearly used his Barrier generation ability to protect the man with chains from a surprise attack, but the man was able to pull himself from the danger at the last second, so Ken didn't need to follow through with that.

The monster was quick to be punished for this attempted attack - a girl with multicolor hair and a dress that Ken felt was a bit more formal than what most people would wear in a situation like this threw a ball of light from her palm, before immediately following up with a goddamn laser from her eye. While Ken trying to shield his eyes from the very bright burst of light, he wondered who the hell these guys were. After all, while Ken knew about his abilities, he only found this place on a fluke by following his power, his Invisible Hand - did the others have some sensory ability that led them here? Or did they just see the light in the sky and decide to investigate it? Ken didn't feel like he would have chased the light if not for his power, so he was leaning towards a combination of the two.

This line of thought was disrupted when the woman with the sword on fire rushed towards the monster, capitalizing on the Light girl's assault. She slashed at the monster, attempting to slash it across the stomach with her sword. And then another girl... found a crane? Ken wasn't paying attention and only noticed the monster being picked up and held midair via the newly created crane. Ken was surprised at how the group talked to each other - almost as surprised as the sudden manifestation of the crane. They were very relaxed about the situation, and one or two were even making jokes. Ken couldn't imagine they were experienced with this sort of thing - he had never heard of monster attacks before unless you counted fake ghost stories that his coworkers used to tell during break. Another one of them, a man with an ink brush, circled the dangling monster while slashing at the air with his brush. After running completely around it, the slashes moved through the air and seemed to physically cut into the monster.

At this point, Ken wasn't very surprised by the feats of these people - they displayed a level of power that disobeyed physics, and despite his nonexistent involvement in the fight, Ken knew that his abilities weren't natural either. That still didn't prepare him for when the monster, who had been previously restrained, managed to deliver an attack to the people fighting it. The spikes launched out of it - luckily, the man with the chains dodged it, as the tree behind him took a hard hit that probably would have left serious injuries. Ken felt that now was probably a good time to interject - the fighters had rendered the monster almost entirely inert, and Ken could stay safe as long as he faced the front of the monster and liberally used his barrier.

This was made even easier a task when the Chain man locked his chains around the monster, restraining it. Very smart - locking off its avenue of attack was the best chance of staying safe from its devastating assault. Ken decided to mimic this tactic, and a green barrier of light manifested in midair near the monster, covering the exposed parts of the monsters back that were not covered by the man's chains. It wasn't the best - Ken felt a few solid spines would destroy the barrier, and while he could remake it, he felt it would be draining to constantly make barriers. Ken simply prepared himself to use his final, restorative ability if he saw one of the fighters get injured - which, at least from when Ken arrived on the scene, thankfully hadn't happened thus far.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by 13org
Raw
Avatar of 13org

13org Stay fresh!

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

Nori Hirai


Things were progressing rather well until the moment. Thanks to the combined efforts of all those who were currently fighting against the beast, it was currently cornered, wounded and if things continued like that, it would be down soon. Maybe due to that, Nori almost made the mistake of underestimating the creature they were currently fighting against. As he stopped in front of it, looking at the creature flailing helplessly, he noticed, albeit a tad late how it's body was changing and shifting. Before he could actually understand what it was happening, the spikes on the creature's tough body were fired on all directions.

Opening his eyes wide in surprise as one of the spikes missed his abdomen by mere centimeters, he had only enough time to raise his brush in a wide, vertical arc in front of him, creating a thick streak of black ink. Merely thick enough to protect his body, he used the momentum of the vertical stroke to draw another streak behind him. The Suzuri no tamashii ink would be able to redirect the spikes between the two streaks he drew, but as long as the creature didn't stop firing it's spikes, he wouldn't be able to move a muscle.

"That... Was close... Way too close..." Nori said, relieved that he somehow was still unharmed. Truth be told, despite his apparent calm demeanor, his heart had skipped a beat the second he saw the spikes coming towards him.

Thanks to the quick thinking of the guy wielding chains though, it's attack was rendered much less dangerous and effective as it was before after he used his chains to restrain the creature and limit the number of spikes coming out of it's body.

"You have my thanks!" Nori said with a smile, regaining his composure.

Now that the spikes were much less than before, he could move himself, although he would have to be careful. While his Suzuri no tamashii ink was incredibly useful, when dealing with projectile attacks like that, if he wasn't careful enough, it could prove to be dangerous to his own allies, redirecting the spikes and making them fly in dangerous and unexpected angles.
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet