Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Najila answered Orchid, a little flustered that the Bonfire spell seems to be doing more harm than good right now, "I-I don't think I can!" Thankfully, it seemed as though Orchid, Aron, and Azzen have it taken care of. She heard Angus' words, and while he was right, his brutish method was overkill. She looked to Celeste when she spoke up. She smiled kindly at Celeste, and she answered "Very well. But we'll need to remain cautious. We can't afford to let anger overcome our reason," She then followed Orchid and the others, keeping Celeste close. She snapped her fingers to dismiss Pythagoras for now, since sending him to scout ahead seems to be out of the question.

She did wonder for a brief moment how Celeste knew her stage name, but then she recalled that she knew Layla and Nadir. The couple must have told her.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Looking For Group

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Orchid followed after Angus, carefully watching for any additional dangers, traps, or surprises. She saw a room that might have their possessions, but no doubt it may also contain traps or an ambush. Angus took point so Orchid would allow him to do so, simply remaining vigilant for the possible and likely enviable next ambush. "I'll stay here at this split, in case something comes through that door. If there's any fighting in that store room, I'll come rushing in."

Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by Expolar
Raw
GM
Avatar of Expolar

Expolar ...just a tortle...

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

Entering the storage room, neither Angus or Orchid found any enemies waiting to ambush them. Looking around the room, the two would indeed find their items in their own chests. Besides the other chests that they could easily belonged to the other party members, there wasn't much else in this room, but a few empty chests, two crates counting to about 57 rations for anyone counting, half a dozen barrels of water, and sheleved were 3 bottles of ale and 1 rather common wine. Once the other members of the party caught up to the two, they two would be able to find most of the items that were taken from them. The only things that were still missing was Azzen's signet ring, Aron's familiar necklace, and Najila's Book of Clouds.

As it would just about a minute for people to don their light armor, but about 10 minutes to don their heavy armor. At about the 5 minute mark, at about 60 feet away from the storage room door, a sound of what could be compared to a small bag of coins could be heard hitting the ground down the hall and hurried movements disappearing in the distance. For who ever kept watch outside the storage room or simply looked out to see what was happened, they would only see, from about 30 feet away, a small leather pouch sitting slumped on the ground with a small rolled up paper sticking out of it.

Edit:
Added that there are 57 rations packed into the crates.
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Najila entered after Angus and Orchid entered, keeping Celeste close to her at all times, and there she was able to find...well, most of her items. She let out a soft growl of her own, "That employer must have it...it's not here!" She then moved to gather her items, the most important right now were her armor that took the form of a leather corset that also covered up to her shoulders, and her arcane focus. Her arcane focus is an amulet, the symbol of Ralim.

At least I have the arcane focus back. I can cast more spells with this now. But I have to get the Book of Clouds back!

Najila thought to herself silently. She waited for the others, but after five minutes passed, she heard a sound and she peeked out to see and hear what was outside. She was curious about the pouch, but she immediately recalled her situation before letting that curiosity get the better of her.

They were still in a prison, and one of her allies right now is more than likely just going to barrel on through and steamroll whoever works here and gets in his way.

She then looked at Angus, and then back at her amulet. She grinned at an idea as it came to her mind.

She moves closer to Angus, making sure she's not in front of the entry way to the room anymore. She speaks to him with an almost disappointed sigh, after he makes it clear that he is ready to leave this small room and continue his rampage, "I suppose you're just going to ram through everything once more?" Shaking her head, she raised her amulet up towards him and she warned him as she backed away towards the wall, "At least let me grant you a little boon. Don't resist this, please,"

She started chanting, only to be stopped when he told her not to cast any spells yet. She stared at him as he left the room and headed outside. She decided it was best to wait here for the others.

She was tempted to send out Pythagoras, but figured that it would be unwise to do so while the others were still preparing.

Hidden 2 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Online

Angus nodded to Orchid when she mentioned that she'd stay at the fork and watch for trouble. Angus entered the storage room and was delighted to find that all his belongings were kept in this room. "Oi oi!" Angus called out. "I've found our stuff! Come get it!" Once he'd retrieved all that belonged to him, Angus made to leave the room. Before he could though, Angus stopped when he heard Najila sigh.
"I suppose you're just going to ram through everything once more?" Najila asked as she raised her amulet to the highlander.
Angus shook his head and waved the warlock off before she could say any more. "Nay lass. Save yer spells." Angus replied. "Findin' me things has calmed me a tad. I can wait at the crossroads till the rest o' ye be ready." With that said, Angus walked out to the split and began playing a merry tune on his bagpipes while he waited for the others to be ready. Five minutes later, Angus abruptly stopped playing as he heard the sound of a small sack of gold hitting the floor, followed by desperate footfalls. "Eh?" Angus said as he walked over to the bag, picked it up, and pulled out the paper. "What be this now?"


Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Expolar
Raw
GM
Avatar of Expolar

Expolar ...just a tortle...

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

As the party went into their chests to regain their lost items, Celeste remained near Najila. But almost at the five minutes mark, the girl appeared almost uncomfortable again as everyone were taking their things and would begin to slowly step away from Najila and near the door. Nervously, she spoke up and asked. "So, who exactly are you people? I only secretly saw one of the Desert Rose performance once from a safe and somewhat safe distance. And Ironbane is just super strong that he can't just be a human." And as she turned to Orchid to about to say more, the sound of coins could be heard and caused her to pause, remaining silent, waiting to see or hear of what is happening outside.

Stepping out from the storage room, Angus met no resistance or trap when he approached the leather pouch and examined the contents within. The coins that filled the pouch totaled to 100 gp, Azzen's signet ring, Aron's necklace, and written on the paper was the following message:

One of my kobolds was smart enough to sneakily leave while your party spent your time interrogating. So I hope your anger from imprisonment has been relieved by venting it on those that remained below. That being said, the path ahead to escape is linear with my associates and draconic assistance already aware of your escape and will block your exit.

But I like to keep things civil with those that I speak to and thus wish for an exchange. The 100gp, signet ring, and necklace presented here are a show of trust as I wish for one more thing before your safe escape. Simply, we will need the tiefling girl and the cloud like book that belonged to the Sansea woman. Then we shall allow you all to simply leave.

~S
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by rush99999
Raw
Avatar of rush99999

rush99999 Professional Oddball

Member Online

Angus raised an eye brow at the contents of the sack, though more at the ring and the necklace than the gold. "If any o' ye lost a ring or a necklace, I've found it." Angus called out before opening the note. "There's also a note 'ere. I'll read what it says. Ahem. 'One o' me kobolds was smart enough to sneakily leave while yer party spent yer time interrogatin'. So I hope yer anger from imprisonment 'as been relieved by ventin' it on those that remained below.' It 'as not. I am still very angry and I am still goin' to make that bastard eat 'is rope. 'That bein' said, the path ahead to escape is linear with my associates and draconic assistants already aware of yer escape and waitin' to block yer exit.' They will fail. 'But I like to keep things civil with those that I speak to and thus wish fer an exchange. The 100 gp, signet ring, and necklace presented 'ere are a show of trust as I wish for one more thing before yer safe escape. Simply, we will need...' Hmm." Angus fell silent then. After a moment, his breathing became ragged. A moment later, Angus threw the bag against a wall and tore the note to shreds. "Welp." Angus growled as he drew his claymore. "There goes me calm." With that said Angus proceeded onwards to quench his redoubled thirst for blood and vengeance.
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Looking For Group

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

With their items secured, Orchid went to don her armor. They had even deprived her of her usual protective plating and padding, so donning back on was a hassle to do on her own. Fortunately aside from her armor, everything else was still in place, so it was just a matter of finding what was hers and getting it back. But as she was in the midst of gearing up, Angus seemed to have found a note. In summary, their captors knew they were here and were ready for them. They would be allowed to walk free if they simply left something, likely the tiefling girl, but Orchid didn't need to deliberate to know that was not an option. Frankly speaking, Orchid didn't intend to negotiate with whoever captured them. They would die, as was her intention. Angus, natrually, was furious and ready to storm off ahead of them. Orchid knew that he wasn't going to listen to reason nor had the patience to cooperate with them. And unfortunately, donning armor took a few more minutes. If he couldn't want five more minutes, he would simply have to go on without Orchid as she continued to don her chainmail.

"Evidentially, we'll be forgoing any strategy or tactics. All I can suggest is that you all at least wait until I'm properly armored up, and we'll work our way out of here. No doubt our captors will intend to use ambush, tricks, and hostages to slow our approach." Orchid looked to Najila and Azzen. "With any luck, perhaps we'll be able to tear through the enemy without too much difficulty. If not, I'd recommend the two of you flee with the girl, and leave the rest of us here. I don't know what your relationship with your employers are but I'd imagine they'd be the first to die if our captor aims to use them as leverage. I've already written off my own as lost."

Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Najila looked to Celeste when she asked her questions about their identities. She answered the girl, "I am quite curious as well. Unfortunately, we will have to wait on those answers. We have to get out of here safely, and make sure we rescue everyone and everything," She then blinked as the girl's words regarding how she knew about her stage name finally registered in her mind. She smiled at the young tiefling girl and she told her, "And once we get out of here, I'll make sure you have a front row seat for my next performance, Celeste,"

She did kind of wonder which performance Celeste saw? Was it the story of the man who freed Ralim? Or was it the story of Madam Merseger? Or maybe it was her own crafted story of two star-crossed lovers?

Then her attention was drawn to Angus once more. She listened as he read the note out loud. He didn't read what their kidnappers wanted, but it was clear to Najila: This group, and she herself, were certainly not willing to negotiate. And of course, Angus already charged ahead....before she could even cast any spells on him. She gave an audible groan of frustration at the man.

She then turned her attention to Orchid. She listened to the half-orc's words, and it hurt her heart to think that it may be too late for Nadir and Layla. She answered the half-orc, "Well, I am all for having a back-up plan, but I think it is too early to deem any of our friends lost. If anyone can be saved, then by all means, let's try and save them while getting out of here. Besides, I still need to find something of mine. I'd rather not go through the ritual to get it back,"

Once Orchid and the others were ready, she would follow them, and keep Celeste close.
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Expolar
Raw
GM
Avatar of Expolar

Expolar ...just a tortle...

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

With the highlander off again, Celeste looked to the others as she grew nervous bit as the discussion of the rather the other people they traveled with were still alive. Clenching her hands, Celeste spoke up towards Orchid. "No! My guardians, Nadir and Layla, they said that they would keep me safe, and always meant for me to be safe." She tried to catch a brief breath as she tried continuing with her watery eyes. "I'm sure they, they already on their way here and about to meet Ironbane." With a bit of self reassurance, there was a slight smile as her small fanged teeth poked out. "So, what is our plan to save the others and getting out?"
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Najila looked to Celeste as she spoke up to Orchid. She smiled at Celeste when she seemed to have reassured herself and asked what the plan is. Najila answered, "Well, Ironbane's already charged ahead and is probably cutting down foes as we speak. I can send Pythagoras ahead and make sure he's still standing. Azzen can help him by healing, but we'll have to keep our eyes peeled for anything else that can heal. I'll be saving one of my more powerful spells for when we run into the employer, but I can use a more powerful spell to make one of you fighters stronger than normal,"

She then stopped and turned to hear footsteps. She prepared herself in case someone was coming towards them. She wouldn't send Pythagoras until she heard agreement from the others.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Expolar
Raw
GM
Avatar of Expolar

Expolar ...just a tortle...

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

As the party heard movement outside of the storage room, it came to a sudden halt as a crossbow could be heard being readied and a voice called out "Should have followed the note! Our captain just about killed your highlander brute of yours! Surrender the girl or we will let you join that brute!" But while the thugs gave out their demand, Aron took a few large chests to prop and block the door. "That should buy us a bit more time if they grow impatient" Then he continued donning his armor.

Once everyone was readied, Aron with two handaxes in hand, he nodded and whispered to Orchid. "When you ready to storm out, I'll knock these chests down and open the door for us to charge." Looking to Najila and Azzen, "I don't know magic, but when you think its best for some of it, do it. And if you can heal Azzen, I'm sure you can stay safe enough in the back." Now looking at the blocked door, Aron just waited for when his party members were ready. Meanwhile, Celeste decided to stay in the back corner to avoid being caught in the middle of what was about to happen.

Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Najila swore under her breath at the sound of the voice. It was not their foolhardy barbarian friend. It was the people who worked here! He had fallen...

She let Celeste hide herself in the corner, and kept an eye on the door while Orchid and Aron continued donning their armor. She had her amulet raised in case she needed to fire off spells. She had Pythagoras fly up to the ceiling once more so that he may help in battle if need be. She too moved to find cover and ensure that she could fire off spells safely. She answered Aron, "I'm ready when you two are. Just let me know and I'll fire away,"

Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Looking For Group

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Now finally and properly armored and geared up, Orchid looked at the door as the voices on the other side came to threaten them. Seems like Angus might've not survived his solo charge. Orchid can't really say she's all that surprised. "I can't say I'm honestly surprised... Regardless, with our backs to the wall all we can do now is move forward." Orchid grasped her glaive and looked at the others. "Me and Aron will take the front. You two try and find any cover as you can and use whatever offensive magic or ranged weapons you have. Anyways... Let's go." As soon as Aron had managed to open the door just by a crack, Orchid would've lunged forward and sliced her glaive across the chest of the first enemy she'd see. The moment her blade lands, her voice would boom out with thunderous volume. "PALKAS!" She'd use her glaive's superior reach in order to strike the first enemy with her blade, but keep him out of conventional melee range to allow Aron to step in and fight. As for Orchid she'd make sure that she was within range to strike at the enemy should they try to retreat, but clear of any incoming attacks as well as giving the other two a clear lane to attack without worrying about catching Orchid in the crossfire.

Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by Dark Light
Raw

Dark Light

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

Azzen makes whatever motions a layman might consider required of him to redy some healing magic, but in truth he was just standing back to see how this would all play out while keeping his distance from the danger.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Expolar
Raw
GM
Avatar of Expolar

Expolar ...just a tortle...

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

With the sound of the chests blocking the door falling, Orchid stormed out and lunged towards the nearest thug, landing first attack while Aron's handaxe flew into the stone wall near the thug and Najila's Eldritch Blast flying into the dimly lit hall. But down the dark hall, the sound of a crossbow could be heard as a bolt flies and leaves a bad graze wound on her open shoulder. Following the source of the bolt and her dark vision, she could very easily see another thug, wounded, and preparing another bolt as he steps back, being 50 ft away from Orchid.

Just as the sound of the thug's reloaded crossbow could faintly be heard in the distance, the thug near Orchid closed their distance to strike Orchid. But unaware of the boom blade spell, the thug felt a sudden shock throughout his body just when he got in range to swing his mace, causing him to miss as his body trembled from the shock, but soon quickly got back into control, and slammed his mace into the side of Orchid's chest. Following the blow from the mace, it created a clear enough shot for the thug in the distance to fire another shot that would pierce into the other side of Orchid's chest.

Seeing Orchid already taking some damage, Aron rushed out, quickly pulling out his longsword with his free hand. With a few quick steps out from the storage, he leaped into the air, and his weight from the short descent, blade landed and sank deep into the thug's should as he cried out in pain. Seeing from before the bolts that came from down the hall, Aron kept his focus on current thug nearby, but called out. "We got another guy down the hall!"

Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Guardian Angel Haruki
Raw
Avatar of Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki The Healer

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Najila could see that the battle was not going favorably for them right now. Her eldritch blast had missed and Orchid is now seriously hurt, and Ironbane could be bleeding out as they're dealing with these thugs. She could almost feel herself panic. But she took in a deep breath to calm herself.

She needed to calm herself down. She needed to do better...for everyone here. She then closed her eyes and held her arcane focus. She focused her power through the focus, and she whispered,

"Freedom is like the air. To live without it means death,"

It was soft, and yet everyone can hear it, as though the wind was carrying her voice past her allies and towards her foes. She opens her eyes as they shine with the power of her patron. The sympathized anger at being bottled away and held prisoner melded with the power she felt, and her voice booms like thunder, reverberating with power,

"You have denied us our freedom! And for that, I WILL DENY YOU THE VERY AIR YOU BREATHE!"

As she shouts that, she points her Arcane Focus at one of the thugs. After her voice echoed, the thug would see that the air he breathes in is turned black, and the thug can be heard as wheezes and gasps. Once she hears that, she fires another Eldritch Blast at the hexed thug.

Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Lucius Cypher
Raw
Avatar of Lucius Cypher

Lucius Cypher Looking For Group

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Orchid was careless. She should've predicted that they'd be ready to shoot her down, and she choose a poor angle to try and avoid getting shot by their archers. While she was still breathing, she was taking a beating. Times like these she had a short list of things she wished she had prepared before. Things like instead of trying to stay in melee, she should've readied an Altered Crossbow, or make potions last night so she'd be able to heal up. While it's possible for the others to use their magic to help her, they could also use that same magic to deal with enemies, and asking them to heal her when she could've avoided the damage was her fault. But now wasn't the time to stew on regrets. She can lament later, once they're out of this mess.

Gritting her teeth Orchid changed her grip on her glaive to bring her hands closer to the blade, allowing her to use it in close range and thrust the blade towards the thug. "PALKAS!" She would roar as she charged her blade with magic energy, hoping to do enough damage to slay the foe first. Afterwards she'd go into another defensive stance, trying her best to position herself in such a way to avoid any further ranged attacks.

Hidden 29 days ago 29 days ago Post by Dark Light
Raw

Dark Light

Member Seen 6 hrs ago

Azzen takes cover and unleashes a string of foul spiteful insults laced with subtle enchantments at one of the guards.

Hidden 17 days ago Post by Expolar
Raw
GM
Avatar of Expolar

Expolar ...just a tortle...

Member Seen 9 hrs ago

With Najila's speech and the cloudy magical blast that followed, it sounded almost like a small raging storm and sailed across the hall with the last sound being a heavy grunt and sound of a distant fall. The one remaining assumed the worse as a bit of panic and irritation grew on his face. When he moved, it didn't help either as pain suddenly began to ripple through his body and just before he could seize control to move, Orchid charged in with her glaive and roared, dealing a massive gash against the thug's chest. Clutching the fresh wound across his bleeding chest, the thug could hear the faint whispers of insults and as he a sorrowful expression grew on his face as he looked at the party and collasped.

As the sound of battle calmed, Celeste stood up from her corner and softly asked. "Is it safe now? Can we try to find everyone else now?" Peaking outside the storage room from the end of it, she could see Orchid looking quite injured. The tiefling girl quickly made her way towards the orc to rest her hands on. "Here this should help. Just don't tell mister Nadir and miss Layla about it." As she spoke, a slight pain could briefly be felt, but would quickly subside as it was replaced with nothing as parts of her injuried body felt numb. It would only take a few seconds, but Orchid and the others could very easily see Celeste healing Orchid's injuries.

↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet