Æsa OrmrdóttirMeaning: hairy dragon-daughterAge:
A young woman with wild orange hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. She is fairly small, standing at roughly 5'1" and 127 lbs. She is limber, flexible, and toned. She is usually bloody or dirty. She prefers to wear plain clothes in shades of green or brown, to help camouflage, or animal furs. Feathers, teeth, claws, or bones are usually found somewhere in her hair or clothing. Temperament:
Aesa's personality is as wild as her hair. She is practically feral, only having stayed with the clan for a short time. She knows very little spoken language and prefers to use gestures, growls, and grunts to communicate. She is highly distrusting of humans, impulsive, and quick to anger and lash out or retreat. On the other hand, Aesa is loyal and protective of those she trusts and works well as a part of a team.Abilities:
* Climbing and acrobatics
* Tracking and hunting
* Wilderness survival
* Communicating with dragons.Weaknesses:
* Communicating with people
* Integrating into society
* Cooking, sewing, or any skilled trade.Precious Belongings:
* A stuffed toy dragon her parents had given her before their disappearance
* A blow dart salvaged from the wreckage of her village
* A wolf-skin cloak made from one of her own kills
*A red invisibility cloak made from shed changewing skins.History:
were respected warriors in the Viking tribe that originally settled Astgard
. After a particularly devastating battle, the village was destroyed and the survivors were forced to flee. Aesa was left for dead in the wreckage of her home, but by the gods' mercy, a mother changewing found the crying child and raised her as her own.
For fifteen years Aesa learned to live with and to be
a changewing, though she took much longer than her dragon-siblings to leave the nest. There was often bickering and fighting between her mother dragon, the matriarch of the pack, and the patriarch. With time the girl proved her worth, eventually killing an alpha wolf that had badly wounded the patriarch.
It was only just recently that Aesa and her pack discovered the new settlement. After stalking and watching the village for some time, the Hog Moran invited her to join the clan. With a little bit of encouragement from her dragon-mother, and the kindness of the Hog Moran, she came out of hiding and has since been trying to find her place.
not yet bornTemperment:
* Spits flammable oil-based insoluble acid that corrodes organic matter, stone, and some metals
* Can create a spark using special teeth to ignite their acid.
* A hypnotic gaze
* Had octopus-like camouflage that renders her nearly invisible, with some distortion. Weaknesses:
* Camouflage requires concentration. It is much easier to camouflage effectively while staying still or while on the ground. Only the most experienced of changewing can camouflage while flying.
* This means that she may have trouble maintaining camouflage when frightened
* Must be close to her target to use her hypnotic gaze, and can only hypnotize one individual at a time
* Smoke and gas can be used to reveal her location
* Due to her camouflaging ability, her skin is softer and less heat-resistant than most dragons.History: