God of War 2018, the one Fabricant mentioned, the latest one.
- No respawning, both for us Tarnished and for NPCs/enemies. Dead is dead.
- No Flasks of Crimson/Cerulean Tears from the get-go. Let healing be done with traditional remedies or restorative magic, and let FP/mana/whatever-you-want-to-call it simply regenerate over time. Healing potions or crystal tears with special effects could be found as loot throughout the world instead, and the ability to craft them (like the perfumers) could be part of a PC's skillset.
- No sites of lost grace, or at least not in the way that they function in the game. The guidance of grace being visible as rays of light makes sense and should stay, and perhaps this light converges at locations that would make for good resting spots, but that's as far as it should go. It doesn't have a useful place in a written narrative, in my opinion.
- The strength of runes, the ability to become more powerful by defeating enemies, should probably be a sort of passive effect that we use as a vague excuse for our characters growing in strength over the course of the story, if we don't ignore its existence entirely. I also don't think runes should be the active currency; Patches uses the word "coin" when describing wealth, so let money just be gold coins or something.
- The Roundtable Hold. I'm not very fond of including Melina in the story and her ability to teleport us to a version of the Roundtable Hold that exists outside of the world. I don't think fast travel in general is a good idea. Unfortunately, we don't know how other characters like Roderika or D are able to travel to it. Do we say that there are portals throughout the Lands Between that can take us there? Maybe it's a place we visit in our dreams? Or does the illusory Roundtable Hold just not exist yet, and we have to fend for ourselves in the Lands Between until we reach the Fortified Manor in Leyndell?
- Spirit Ashes could be reworked into an ability or a school of magic, like I suggested for alchemy earlier.
<Snipped quote by Utrax>
I think I get what you mean! Sort of like direct-linking to a post, but without clicking a new link.
>Justified text. It's been at least two years and it still doesn't seem to be here. Also, if possible, can we get an update to the BBCode Cheatsheet? There's at least one function--abbreviation--that isn't even mentioned on it, even though it seems to be a rather basic one. A link to one of the BBCode guides being put in there would also help newcomers so they don't have to go hunting them down, or wait for a user drop a link.