1. Discord or no for conversations that don't require a lot of extra writing between naritive?
You mean character banter, like in Dragon Age games? I think that sounds fun.
2. Space and aliens sci-fi, High Fantasy world wide adventure, or horror, death, and suspense?
I am biased to High Fantasy, but I can play with pretty much any of these, really.
3. Preferences of Combat, Exploration, Role-playing, Moral Dilimas, Puzzle/Traps, Crime, Murder Hoboing, Meta-Gameing, Power Gaming, Politics, and War/Nations. Just list your favorite 3 or 4, and maybe give me some insight as to why.
- Role-Playing (If it's a role-playing game, then role-playing should be put in as an important factor. No point in putting in the smaller details like personalities and biography information otherwise)
- Exploration (Helps with world-building and may assist the characters with a future problem)
- Combat (can be used to progress the story in a very interesting way)
- Moral Dilemmas (Always shows how far a person would really go to keep their character in-character. Though, sometimes people can take it too seriously. Seriously, my friend was getting upset at me for having my Evil character attempt to kill an NPC.)
4. How active do you like NPCs to be? Do you like having them in the party or at least strong enough to survive following the party, or do you prefer them to stay on the side lines so the PCs can enjoy all glory? Maybe a mix? Why?
Depends on the NPC. If they're priests or politicians with no way of fighting on their own, then keep them out of the way, or have them try to help from the sidelines. If they're warriors or people who can fight on their own, then by all means have them in the fray.
5. Bigger or smaller groups?
I honestly don't care. The only thing you should be worried about for either is the fact that there may be people taking forever to post.
6. Homebrew cool?
I think that's fine. my first ever D&D campaign was almost completely Homebrew...My throwaway mercenary character ended up becoming an alternate universe's guardian Gigas by killing and accidentally absorbing the previous one...I like Homebrew stuff, okay?