Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Romero
Raw
Avatar of Romero

Romero Prince of Darkness

Member Seen 5 hrs ago



William Fraser


Location: Annan
Skills: Perception



The breath caught in William's throat as they came over the crest. There was certainly the air of adventure in the air, but it was masked with the stench of death and blood. Bodies were littered all across lakeside clearing that they had arrived in, blood already sinking into the mud. The majority of the bodies were dressed in worn out clothing, and William knew that what he was looking at was a Soulless attack. From what he could tell, more than a dozen of the creatures had descended upon a carriage, the same carriage that now stood, harnessed to two dead horses.

Rutherford was out of the door almost before it had rolled to a halt, Millicent following after him despite Egerton's feeble attempts to stop her. William wasn't about to be left behind, even if Egerton seemed content to remain in the carriage, and he hurried to follow after them, stepping down from the carriage as he took in more of the scene. There were two bodies amongst the dead that caught his attention, he assumed two of the carriages former passengers judging by their fresher clothes. One of the bodies was simply dressed, the carriage driver if William had to guess, but the other was dressed like a catholic priest, an over-sized crucifix still gripped in his hand.

An exclamation from Rutherford turned William's attention to the two strangers still standing amongst the carnage. While the men had fallen, it appeared the women had persevered. The first was injured, although it looked to only be minor, at least from where William was standing. She was fairly well clothed, a lady's maid perhaps, but certainly one who could handle herself, considering the bodies littered around her. But it was the other woman that demanded William's attention, not least due to her calling out to them.

It only took a moment for William to recognise her, even without the sigil emblazoned across the stranded carriage. Lady Kirkpatrick. William stayed silent for now, glancing across to Rutherford to judge his reaction, with no doubt that he too would recognise the woman as well.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
Avatar of Morose

Morose Tic Tac

Member Online



Virginia Crypt


Location: Carlisle
Skills: N/A

Virginia tensed up slightly as the man approached her, but she was able to quickly realize that he was not a combatant. He was merely someone who would assist her with her dead. Mary may not have been a Crypt by blood, yet Virginia still called Mary one of her own - now more than ever. "If I do not return, she is Dame Commander Mary Hale, Arch Graveolase, and will require a proper Catholic burial. And I...I am the Lady Virginia Margaret Crypt. Should I not return, please place my body on a barge and set it ablaze. That will be enough for Veliona."

"Send word to the Russian Imperial Circus in London if those events do come to pass," Virginia added. "And thank you." She then took off in the direction of the voices. The variation in accents struck her as curious - though she supposed it made sense. Not all of Great Britain had the same accent. Of course, she could have sworn she heard the accent of the Russian Circus earlier. Perhaps it was Elizaveta - or perhaps it was someone coming to search for her. Time and space had been behaving oddly as of late.

Maeve Brennan


Location: Kirkpatrick House
Skills: N/A

Maeve nodded, swallowing thickly. Her sloth had caused her to not be able to confess to Calum her feelings - but that was life. Her heart would mend quickly, as they had not known each other for very long, and she might love again. Or she might not. She had a daughter to worry about - someone else to focus on and give all of her protection and love. She whispered a silent prayer that Roisin would be safe and sound - that she would grow up cared for and guarded in Rome.

She readied her weapon at the sound of hooves, only to frown with distaste as she heard the voice of an Englishmen. She did not like the English. She approved of Lady Kirkpatrick's remark. "I see de English prowess av observashun is not lackin'," Maeve scoffed. Anyone with half a brain would have been able to tell that a Soulless attack had occurred - but that was her mistake, right there. The English didn't have brains. One of them was too cowardly to even contemplate leaving the carriage. It was pathetic.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by mnkee
Raw
Avatar of mnkee

mnkee You think you know pain?

Member Seen 4 days ago



Fyror Kildragon

People are strange, but more than that,
they're good. They're good first, then strange.
- Dave Eggers



Location: La Canela Ship (F14)
Skills: N/A


Fyror let out a small sigh of relief when he finally spotted Miss Fontaine from his vantage point up in the crow's nest. He figured he was probably just being overly protective, if not borderline paranoid, but what's new? He couldn't help it. It was just who he was. It was engrained into his very DNA. Though Colette was essentially a stranger to him, not much unlike these other people he found himself in the company of, he still felt a certain sense of responsibility for her. That's not to say that she couldn't protect herself. He just, well. Yeah, he's just being stubbornly protective as usual.

He let out a small sigh, pushing away from the edge of the railing. He held the bridge of his nose between his fingers for a moment, before his gaze darted to the side at Hazel's notably excited exclamation. A look of confusion passed through his one good eye, glancing back out at the encroaching ship before looking back at Hazel. "Crazed German? I'd be concerned if it weren't for the fact that you sounded oddly excited about it," he remarked, the corner of his lips quirking upwards slightly. He turned back to the railing, leaning against it as he watched their ship pull up alongside the other ship. "Should we go down there and join them, or continue working on that broken sail?" he questioned, looking back over at Hazel.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Online



Colette de La Fontaine


Location: On the Open Sea - Main Deck (Near Regalia)
Skills: Language -English



Colette felt eyes on her (which was quite obvious as those from the ship they saw were making their way on board). All Colette could really do is stare back at them. Regalia seemed to know them. Or at least, one of them. Had Regalia not said anything, Colette would have assumed that this boat was full of...colorful individuals maybe escaping from somewhere.

Colette was confused herself. "I take it you know these people?" She asked, but it was pretty clear. Colette kept an eye on them. Call a spade a spade, but even if Regalia could speak for them, she did not trust them. For all she knew, this was an ambush. Or it was a meeting of the minds. Or it was happenstance they all bumped into each other.

Either way, Colette kept a hand on her Lamga.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Vladimir Alexandrov
"The Great Bazhooli"


Location: Bristol Ship
Skills: Fal'shbort (Passive), Tretiy Glaz (Passive), English, Perception



The discomfort of Vladimir's colleague was noted. Granted, to note Constantin's growing hatred of being on the ship was not the same as being able to do anything about it aside from suggesting the possibilities of either swimming or unconsciousness. Truly, he wished that he might be able to do more. At least neither of them were projectile vomiting anymore. It was a plus. But if one had to spew, Vladimir was slightly more contented with the prospect as he had proven his ability to put an element of panache into something as otherwise revolting as vomit. It was a gift.

"С тобой все в порядке, Константин?"1 he spoke quietly to the man, seconds before the other, much larger ship pulled alongide. A careful and practiced eye looked over the detail of the grand vessel, dwarfing the commercial ship they had taken passage upon. Another point of interest, decidedly moreso for the ardently masculine Great Bazhooli, was the dark haired lady who spoke with such familiarity to Ludwig. The man certainly seemed to get around. Despite the momentary touch of annoyance at the German fellow for claiming to be a member of the Circus now, he could not actually dispute that the man was with his people. No matter, maybe it was just some nuance of translation with this blasted "English", a language that neither man spoke as a native. Or equally as likely, this was just Ludwig being Ludwig. It made little difference to him.

Vladimir's memory was triggered by the mention of their Captain's name - he finally mentally linked the ramblings of his traveling companion to this ship before him. La Canela, Captain Montoya, the fastest ships he knew about, and something about The Circus Of The Seas, or some such. These were the people he was hoping to find when they looked to book passage north. Far be it for him to greet such interesting people (and a Captain with which he wouldn't mind sharing a bearskin and bottle of vodka) with anything less than courtesy.

"Master Ludvig speaks for truly, Kapitan Montoya!" boomed Vladimir, arching his eyebrow and taking proud stance. "Strange German man is honored guest of Российский императорский цирк... ah, Russian Imperial Circus! Da, and is guide most vorthy. But I am speaking vith impoliteness, so sorry. Permit to introduce - I am Master Vladimir Dmitrievich Alexandrov, first heir of Baron Alexandrov." He initiated a broad, sweeping bow, continuing his protracted introduction in the manner of his people; dramatically. "To my peoples and peoples of Empire, am known as 'The Great Bazhooli', Artist of Impalements and Master of Bazhooli Sem'ya!" He took a wider, more solid posturing and spread his conditioned, toned arms to his sides as if to entice a crowd to his attention, simultaneously displaying the array of knives on his person. If nothing else, Vladimir was Circus, born and raised as royalty of the performing arts therein. "Is honor, great honor and most pleasing to meet you, Kapitan Montoya, and at insisting my blades are at your service." He flashed an assertive, debonair smile at the woman.

"Am also traveling vith Firevalker Constantin, fine performer of fine family!" he lowered his voice in a manner meant to convey disarming, inside humor, "Despite unnatural love of salads. ...sorry Constantin, am cracking balls. Is expression? Ballcracking? Eh, no matter. Good man! Good man." Vladimir turned his attention fully back to the Captain of the La Canela vessel, "Providence, God, or Chance Circumstancing has brought us together in this place. Vhat shall ve do vith opportunity, Kapitan?"



Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Seen 1 hr ago

March 24th, 1823

Scotland



Two Carriages Passing: "Scottish actually," Rutherford growled and Lady Kirkpatrick quirked a brow and shook her head.

"Then you have fallen far young man," Sally quipped. Millicent took a step back, surprised that anyone would speak to Rutherford that bluntly but the old woman stood her ground. "Either way, matters not. We will be using your carriage to return to my home."

"That is presumptuous of you," Egerton stated flatly. "Who says we will take you anywhere?" he followed up. "I do not share my carriage with just anyone."

"Where you hit on your head as a small child?" the Lady Kirkpatrick said as she leaned against her cane and cast a glance towards Maeve.

"Ma'am, you two look as if you could use a hand, what can we do to help?" Millicent said quietly but loud enough to be heard as she stepped forward. Her eyes looked over towards William for a moment before looking back towards Sally and Maeve. "I am Millicent Wyndham," she said, introducing herself. "This is Lord Egerton and this is..." she began to say but was cut off.

"Lord Rutherford, yes I know who he is," Sally said with a bit of disgust in her voice but her eyes were on Egerton.


England



Two Ships Passing: Hazel chuckled and looked back over at Fyror. "Oh I wouldn't miss this wreck if ye paid me, come on," she said before she climbed over the ledge of the crows next and started moving down the ropes quickly. "Ludwig!" she called out as she waved.

"Mazel Hazel! Ye Ginger Scallywag! Aye! Aye! Mazel Hazel Lazel!" Ludwig called out and waved over excitedly, nearly loosing his balance and toppling over the edge of the small fishing boat. He caught himself and ungracefully climbed the ropes until his feet were planted firmly on the larger ship. The others on Regalia's ship watched the small ship carefully, mostly watching those that were still on its decks. A few passing and patting Ludwig on the back as Regalia stood there watching.

"I know the German, he is Ludwig Zimmer. A bit off balance mentally but means well. Take everything he says with a grain of salt lass. He does not lie but what he says might not mean what you think it does," Regalia said to Colette as a bit of a warning but there was a grin on her lips as she spoke. Moving from her place she stepped to the railing and looked down at Vlad and the other he was introducing. A dark brow perked and she nodded.

"People of Belladonna, you may board," she said and Ludwig rushed the Captain. Ludwigs arms wrapping around her. Regalia had to take a step back to keep her balance but she just let out a sigh and wrapped her arms around the man returning the very overly zealous hug. "Aye, take it easy Ludwig, I am old and frail," she jested before pushing him back and keeping a firm grip on his shoulders. Looking him over and shaking her head. "As disheveled as always."

"Aye, Captain to Captain, where we be?" the older Captain called out from his smaller fishing vessel.

"Off the coast of Scotland, twenty leagues to the north is Port Annan," Marco called out from his station and the man looked flabbergasted. How had they covered so much sea so quickly?

Carlisle: There was a confirmation that what Virginia was asking for would be done, even if their attention was not fully towards the pale young woman. "Yes, of course," the man said before looking back down at the body of Mary. There was nothing the old couple could do for the living right then but they could tend to the dead, as long as they were truly dead. For some of those that their bodies were laying scattered around, that was yet to be seen but it wasn't the main thought right then.

Further off, as Virginia left, there was another battle going on. Or at least coming to a close. Only one remained standing as another body dropped to the ground. A staff clicked against the ground. "Well that was invigorating," a raspy male voice said from the man whose back was to Virginia as she would come to the scene. Turning, revealing his face, he tilted his head a bit, eying Virginia as he seemed to be deciding if she was Soulled or Soulless.

After a minute he shook his head. "Nope, don't have to kill you, good," he said before looking up and seeing the flakes coming down from the sky and moving north. "Damned Minocranies, never a good sign," he muttered between rolling his lips in. He seemed to shrug off whatever thought was in his head before looking back over at Virginia. "What town is this?" he asked. "Because I am sure it isn't Hamburg but I could be wrong, I have been in the past but I am pretty sure I'm not."
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by rivaan
Raw
Avatar of rivaan

rivaan

Member Seen 6 hrs ago



Constantin Kolev


Location: The Bristol Ship - > Regalia's Ship
Skills: Tretiy Glaz(passive), Fal'shbort(passive), Perception,Acrobat, Climbing


“Я в порядке, не волнуйся, Большой Bazhooli ... “ He replied with a sigh to the Bazhooli. The concern of the man was well received, but there were slightly more pressing issues at hand... like the big ship and the people on it. He just observed as the Vlad spoke up to the woman who Constantin guessed was the captain of that ship. Then the German fellow climbed up on the ship.

Then the permission and invitation to change ships was given. He frowned, but dammit bigger ship meant a lot more stuff between him and dark water. He moved over to the closest point between the ships and took a rope to begin climbing. The first few steps up were fine, but then he had the bright idea to look down. Who was the one who had said never look down? He didn't know, but whomever it was they were bloody right! He nearly lost grip of the rope when he saw the dark... deep... water. He slipped a feet down, before the fear of the water reminded him that up was away from the water and he started climbing again.

Well climbing only for his leg to slip on the ship again and he nearly bloody fell into the water. Constantin then gripped the rope as tightly as he could, his knuckles turning white from it and froze in place for a while, fear of dark water gripping his heart. He missed the embers... the heat... why did it have to be water as deep and cold as this? He closed his eyes and then muttered to himself.”Нести страх, я не боюсь. “ He then repeated it a few times and then looked up and started climbing again.” Нести страх, я не боюсь.” He repeated with each step, despite all the slip ups and efforts until he was finally up on the bloody ship. He hopped over the edge and went on his knees, before taking a deep breath to calm himself.” Bloody made it...” He stated, once they were on land, he was going to kiss the ground. He missed solid ground already. Never on ship again!

Finally with some degree of safety, he looked about. People... cookie Ludwig, the captain woman, other women, men and then there was one man who appeared really familiar from somewhere. That was of course Fyror, but Constantin couldn't recall his name. He just knew that man's mug was familiar from somewhere. They had met somewhat not too far ago... probably.


Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Romero
Raw
Avatar of Romero

Romero Prince of Darkness

Member Seen 5 hrs ago



William Fraser


Location: Annan
Skills: Charisma



Lady Kirkpatrick was clearly as formidable a woman as William had heard. He barely managed to suppress a smirk as she scolded Egerton like a child. Millicent at least seemed inclined to offer help, rather than bicker like Egerton and Rutherford, and William smiled slightly, glad to see that the woman was continuing to prove her good soul. The air seemed to chill as Lady Kirkpatrick cut off Millicent's introductions. Sensing the awkwardness in the group, William took it upon himself to alleviate it.

Stepping forward slightly, William smiled widely, holding out his hands slightly in greeting as he bowed his head towards first Lady Kirkpatrick, and then the young woman beside her.

"William Fraser at your service, m'lady. And your's, ma'am. It seems lucky that our paths have crossed when they did."

William allowed himself an inward smile, his gaze flicking between the faces of the two ladies in front of him. Not to be overly confident, but William had known his whole life that charm was a weapon he was well-versed to wield. His handsome face was a help no doubt, but his charisma was the force that had led him through life. Inherited from his father, no doubt, just as he had inherited his father's dark hair and natural talent for music.

For some reason, in the midst of this action, even as he kept his easy smile, and his head bowed towards the two women, William found his mind wandering to his mother. Blue eyes, that's what he had without doubt inherited from his mother. He could remember them, it was one of the few things he could remember about her. Wide eyes, more beautiful than anything he had ever seen, as deep as the ocean. He'd had the privilege to admire sapphires in his life, more often than not on discarded jewelry, strewn across the floor beside whatever bed he was sharing that night, but not one of those priceless jewels could ever compare to his mothers eyes...

He shook himself out of it, his charming persona clamping down on the emotional lapse. Only an instant had passed, and William resumed his easy smile, awaiting a response to his introduction.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by mnkee
Raw
Avatar of mnkee

mnkee You think you know pain?

Member Seen 4 days ago



Fyror Kildragon

It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that
wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe.
- Dave Eggers



Location: La Canela Ship (Crow's Nest ⇢ Main Deck)
Skills: Climbing


The corners of Fyror's lips pulled up into more of a smile. Glancing down and then back up at Hazel, he gave a shrug of his shoulders. "Alright then," he replied, gesturing for her to lead the way. He watched her as she was already climbing over the ledge of the crow's nest and rapidly making her descent. His gaze followed hers as she waved out to one by the name of Ludwig. An auburn brow shot up at said man's interesting reply. He was perhaps starting to understand what she meant by crazed German.

"I'll be down--" he called out to her, pausing as he looked over the ledge at the main deck far below. "Eventually." He would've liked to think that descending the ropes would be easier than it had been climbing up them, but he was pretty sure that that was just wishful thinking. He let out a small groan, leaning down to rest his forehead against the railing. After a moment, he finally straightened back up and took in a breath before manning up and climbing over the ledge.

While Hazel was making quick work back down to the main deck, Fyror wasn't about to test his luck. He made his descent slowly, cautiously, and thankfully without issue. His feet eventually hit the main deck. Leaning back his head to look up at the height he had just come from, he let out a sound that was a mixture of relief and amazement. He looked forward again with an easy smile on his features and made his way over to the growing group of people.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Online



Colette de La Fontaine


Location: On the Open Sea - Main Deck (Near Regalia)
Skills: Language -English



Colette eyed the events with both wonder and concern. She was unsure if Regalia felt the same as her, but even so she was sure the woman could make do with these folks. Circus folks were they? The man she called Ludwig did indeed seem off balance. She would endeavor to watch herself when speaking to him. The others she eyed with curiousness. Were they all amongst the same lot? Or was this much like her own situation, where they happened upon a boat of strangers.

She followed Regalia over as she called the invite across to the other ship. The Captain of the other vessel seemed taken aback at discovering where they were. "What is the matter? Are we close to our destination? I am afraid I do not know this naval speech. But I am rude, forgive me. I am Lady Colette de la Fontaine. A pleasure to meet you all." She had realized, shortly after, she used her full title. She had not meant to, but found herself unable to stop. Did she wish to impress these people?
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Vladimir Alexandrov
"The Great Bazhooli"


Location: Bristol Ship -> La Canela Ship
Skills: Fal'shbort (Passive), Tretiy Glaz (Passive), English, Perception, Acrobatics



An invitation! Indeed, an invitation to board the great vessel that had pulled alongside, the one with which their ally and guide, Ludwig, was so familiar. Truly this was fate, kismet, or whatever word was best to use in the locally common language of English that best described a fortuitous event, possibly predetermined by a force or entity greater than themselves. And with the utter pride that Vladimir had for himself and his Sem'ya, it must have been a truly great force indeed. Regardless, he was honorbound now to set foot upon the vessel of other potential allies, the enigmatic group known as La Canela. He was an ambassador for his people now. This was expected of him. And why not? With the absence of the Grand Duchess and the Baron Alexandrov, who better to speak with the voice of The Circus, and by extension the whole of the Rusyn Trained warriors, than this generation's incarnation of The Great Bazhooli?

Of course, referring to he and his as "People of Belladonna" was a little irksome. It was technically accurate, yes, being as the Lady Belladonna was the progenitor of three notable family lines, one of which became Alexandrov through time and circumstance, from which the concept of The Great Bazhooli had evolved. And he had an immense amount of respect for the woman. Immense. Yet his family had grown to possess an identity that encompassed so much more than just their ties to the legend of Belladonna, both the good and the bad. But if this was how these people knew of the Circus and the Alexandrov line, then it would suffice. The time for clarification was not at the present; there were more important things to which they must tend.

For starters, getting up to their ship. Ropes and rigging were provided to help expedite the vertical journey, which Vladimir accepted with gratitude. Despite having lived through over forty winters, Vlad was a spry, vital man. It was precisely this which he wished to demonstrate to the crew of the La Canela vessel, most especially their Captain. He swept his hat off with a bow and, hat still in hand, sprinted toward the rigging. A great leap brought one boot solidly upon a horizontal section of load-bearing rope, which he used as a springboard of sorts, propelling himself farther upward. A hand reached out, catching another rope. His toned and conditioned arm became as muscled iron, locking himself into a dedicated arc traveling further along the hull of the vessel, powerful legs running along the side as if gravity held no sway over the man. All the while, his tall, black hat trailed behind him, still in the firm but gentle grip of his right hand, lest he crush the brim.

As he came to his destination, the plan was simple: Plant a foot onto the railing and leap into a single flip, landing at a kneel in front of Captain Montoya and, with an overabundance of grace and panache, sweep his fine hat upon his head and extend a hand to the noteworthy woman. Sadly, the same Fate which brought them together decreed that this was not to be. Reaching the railing, Vladimir had no idea that his foot had somehow snagged a bit of unaccounted for rope, cutting his secondary introduction horribly, painfully short. The other foot made it to the railing, yes, and he kicked himself off, even beginning his spiel with, "...am known as..." before the unforgiving rigging reached its limit, prompting the most perplexed look from the man for about a quarter of a second before he very undramatically slammed into the deck, face first and facedown, with a massively impressive thwacking sound that rattled the wood beneath him.

He lay there for another second or two, rigid and motionless. Then without warning, the boisterous man leapt to a standing position and continued as if nothing happened, despite the very obvious tilt to his nose, AGAIN, with the accompanying rivulet of arterial red indicting that he very well may have just broken something. AGAIN. "...Great Bazhooli!" Just in case they did not quite hear it the first time. He did finally set his hat atop his head, still seemingly ignoring what was probably very painful. "Is pleasing and honor to be received on fine, fine ship." Without changing his gaze in the slightest, he raised his voice to a shout, directing his words to the other Russian on the deck. "Constantin! For please Krasnoye?" He smiled a broad but probably very fake grin. This was not the first impression he was hoping to make.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Seen 1 hr ago

March 24th, 1823

Scotland



Two Carriages Passing: There was a glance from the corner of her eye towards Maeve before the Lady Kirkpatrick spoke again. "At least not all those that have emerged from your carriage are a brothel of bumbling buffoons," she snipped before nodding curtly. "If you are trained we have numerous Soulless that are dead that do need to remain that way. If not, we have two bodies that must be retrieved so that they can have a proper funeral. Miss O'Connor show the two Lords to Rory and Calum," she instructed before turning her attention to Millicent and William.

"You two look more formidable if I were to hazard a guess and I am never wrong, make the rounds," she added with a wave of her cane to the numerous dead bodies that laid about the small pond the fight had taken place near.

Millicent swallowed slightly but didn't move as of yet. That was until Rutherford gave her leave and waited for Maeve to show them where they needed to go. Egerton was a bit flabbergasted but he bit his tongue, this time, though it was evident by red creeping into his features and the vein popping out of his forehead that he was anything but happy right then. He wasn't going to help though, motioning for the driver to help Rutherford before he climbed back into the carriage and slammed the door behind him.

"Bloody Lazy English, what manners they once had have been inbred from their lines," Sally said frankly before moving towards her carriage and taking care of a body of a Soulless near it.


England



Two Ships Passing: "Closer than we should be lass," the Captain of the small fishing boat called back but he was remaining on his ship. He wasn't about to disembark to another. Regalia looked down at him and nodded before glancing towards those of her crew. They all seemed to be exchanging a glance or two, no words spoken but it seemed that there was plenty said between the odd looks and nods. Looking back at the other captain she let out a breath and brushed her hair back from her features more fully.

"Micrean cares not who they move, thank the deep that didn't place you in the ice of the north," Regalia said rather matter-of-factually. Regalia then turned to her attention to those that had climbed aboard. Well those other than Ludwig who already had his hand taken by Hazel and was being pulled away from the crowd. Feet skipping and tripping but staying upright as she babbled on and on to him and he in turn spoke back. Yet it was in a language no others on the ship spoke.

"The Great Bazhooli?" she said with a slight raised brow. "Interesting."

"Ba'ax le circo? Ba'ax j-bino'ob lelo'oba' le ku k debíamos ti' Londres?" Marco asked as he came over to the group. There was a nod from the Captain.

"In wa'alike' u yan Ba'ale' tin wu'uyaj bin juntúul ko'olele' cargo, ma' jach mix ko'olelo'," Regalia replied as she looked over both Vlad and Constantine. "Do you come from London?" she asked to the men. She could have asked Ludwig but he and Hazel seemed to be catching up and well it was obvious she knew getting a straight answer might be more easily obtained from people she didn't know than from Ludwig.

Carlisle: Will update once Virginia is back in play.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by rivaan
Raw
Avatar of rivaan

rivaan

Member Seen 6 hrs ago



Constantin Kolev


Location: Regalia's Ship
Skills: Tretiy Glaz(passive), Fal'shbort(passive), Memory, Perception


Constantin's mind wandered for a good bit while he stared at the man's face. Where had he seen this guy again? He racked his brain good for a good few moments before he had a sudden enlightment about the matter. The Almack's throwdown with the soulless, that's where he remembered this man from. Veta back then was weirdly interested in the man and performed a reading on him, to Constantin's rather sheer curiosity as he had no idea what she found in him that would be worth the effort. Then again, he didn't enjoy outsiders of hte circus in general. They weren't all that bad... most of hte time. Just some of them were. Hopefully the people on this ship were going to be decent enough even for his standards.

He then eyed the woman captain. For whatever reason he couldn't pick anything about her, on a side note the other woman that was nearby did draw his attention quite well. She went on to introduce herself in what he supposed was an impressive manner of her very own with titles and the like. Well that was quite normal to do, after all if you had the titles might as well use them right? It was more or less the motto of the Great Bazhooli too. He was the embodiment of hte title after all and sure enough he proved that right away as soon as he hopped on board. OF course not before he face planted into the deck of the ship with a rather loud impact sound. The firewalker was not happy, he had just finished fixing his nose.

He turned to the woman, Colette as she said her name was." Pleasure meeting you Lady Colette de la Fontaine." He repeated her introduction with straight and polite enough voice for a first meeting introduction." My name's Constantin Kolev." He also introduced himself and he quickly got up from standing on his knees, preparing to head to try heal the Bazhooli once more, before suddenly a thought occured to him of something he heard and looked at Regalia." Yes originally, though got on ship at a place called Bristol I think." He explained with flat voice." Pardon my curiosity, but what did you mean by Micrean?" He asked and moved towards Vlad. That was the first time he had heard that term used.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
Avatar of Morose

Morose Tic Tac

Member Online



Virginia Crypt


Location: Carlisle
Skills: N/A

As the man examined her, Virginia locked her gaze with his. She had made one of her closest friends when she was under suspicion of being without a soul - the late Mary Hale. And it was not all too surprising for people to make such assumptions, after all she was a Crypt. They lived in the shadows and celebrated the macabre - the entire family was gothic. Seeing that she would not have to duel him in order to live, Virginia lowered her axes slightly. "Carlisle," she told him clearly.

"Minocranies?" she asked. It wasn't a term she had ever heard before yet she had no doubt he was referring to the strange flakes she had seen from the sky. "Are you referring to the false snowfall?" she asked. Her thoughts flickered to Elizaveta once more. Could it have been her? Was she still alive? Mary and Virginia had been all but certain that all hope was lost for the Grand Duchess - but perhaps this warrior knew more.

Maeve Brennan


Location: Annan Carriages Passing
Skills: N/A

Maeve already had a strong distaste for these two men. Lord Rutherford, the Scot who lacked critical thinking skills and then Lord Egerton, the pompous ass. Her nostrils flared ever so slightly and she had to pity the timid woman that accompanied them. She had yet to form an opinion on the third men, but she fully anticipated to not take to him as well. He was a man after all in the company of these distasteful people - even if he seemed a bit charming. "T'be sure, me lady," Maeve answered her employer.

"Com along, den. If you're worth at laest 'alf of yer collective egos in strength den dis should be no trouble," Maeve told the two lords. Her prejudice was coloring her speech but she did not care. She knew where she stood with her employer and she knew she could charm these two if she wanted to, but she didn't want to. Calum had died, her child was going off to a new life in Rome, and she had work to do in order to earn Roisin her place. She led the lords to Rory first. She did not want to see Calum's lifeless form just yet.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Romero
Raw
Avatar of Romero

Romero Prince of Darkness

Member Seen 5 hrs ago



William Fraser


Location: Annan
Skills: Intelligence



William smiled slightly again as Lady Kirkpatrick continued. He could already tell that he was going to like the woman, and that the rumours of her razor wit and sharp mind were no exaggeration. His mind had already wandered towards ensuring the piles of Soulless stayed down, and he was glad to hear that Lady Kirkpatrick though the same. Not only that, but he was flattered by the Lady's insistence that William and Millicent were the ones to assist her in ensuring the Soulless sunk into true death.

He glanced across to Millicent, and his easy smile faded slightly. The pretty, young woman clearly hesitated, waiting for Rutherford to gesture that she could obey the older woman's instructions. Curious. Whatever power the Lord held over her, it was clearly powerful. He wasn't surprised to see Egerton deign not to help, heading back to the carriage instead. Shrugging slightly, William decided to get to the matter at hand. Turning towards Millicent again, he smiled as sincerely as he could considering the bodies scattered around them, and spoke.

"Shall we, m'lady?"

William had already pulled free the kopis strapped across his back, wary of being caught unarmed if any of the Ryne weren't quite as 'dead' as they seemed. He was half way towards the nearest body when he hesitated. Remembering that he hadn't seen any sign of a weapon on Millicent, he turned back to the young woman, unbuckling the Dirk from around his belt and holding it out to her, hilt first.

"I'm sure your training leaves you more than formidable without a weapon, m'lady, but I'm afraid my honour demands I don't leave you unarmed. Maybe not what you're used to, but better than nothing I hope."
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by mnkee
Raw
Avatar of mnkee

mnkee You think you know pain?

Member Seen 4 days ago



Fyror Kildragon

It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that
wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe.
- Dave Eggers



Location: La Canela Ship (Main Deck)
Skills: N/A


Fyror strode across the deck over to the assembling group of people. His gaze picked out Hazel amongst the group, already chatting away with that German fellow. He glanced over at the other ship, a comparably smaller vessel, as a couple of people prepared to board before his gaze gravitated over to Miss Fontaine. He was glad to see that she was well, and it would appear that she had even been gifted a new weapon, courtesy of Captain Montoya he presumed. As he came to a stop beside her, he looked down at her with a small smile.

He then glanced around at the others as various conversations were taking place. He remained politely quiet as his attention turned to the newcomers specifically. One had already boarded and another was making his way over in a much more flamboyant fashion. However, the man's exuberant entrance was short-lived as he promptly faceplanted onto the deck with the sickening sound of bones breaking. A grimace crossed Fyror's features a few seconds before he rushed forward to help the man. He came to an abrupt halt as the man suddenly sprung up onto his feet again. He had to give the man props for taking a broken nose like a champ. He eyed him as a niggling sensation in the back of his head said that the man seemed oddly familiar.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Vladimir Alexandrov
"The Great Bazhooli"


Location: La Canela Ship
Skills: Fal'shbort (Passive), Tretiy Glaz (Passive), English



Be it not the first impression that Vladimir wanted to make, it was the first impression that he made. A decent display of acrobatics shot to hell because of a blown finale. Such was life; such was performing. Know your stage; an adage as true as the day it was spoken. His father, The Baron Alexandrov, might have told a younger version of himself that one's act is just as much talent and practice as it was site preparation. Again, such was life. He did not know the ropes and steps of the vessel that he had hoped to partake in a celebration of his own physicality upon, resulting in the sudden and regrettable experience of breaking his nose twice in the last half hour. To say that it was less than dignified was a granted token of fact.

But life was also best not spent in the past. Even the extremely recent past, which still stung like a son-of-a-borscht, spasibo very much. Nonetheless, The Great Bazhooli strove to press forward with the conversation regardless, though with a good sense of appreciation that he wore a good bit of red in case of spotting. But moving onward, he gave a quick answer to the Captain's question concerning their place of origin. Or their most recent trip's starting place. "Da! Da, ve start little journey from London Town, vith much helping from Ludvig. Our peoples are not vith traveling much into Islands of Britain. Path unknown to us. But good Master Zimme..."

A fresh spot of blood ambled down from his nose, forming a small spray of crimson as he attempted to pronounce Ludwig's name. It was, as mentioned earlier, a touch undignified. Vlad sighed and switched his tone to something more apologetic, at least at first. "...so sorry..." This to Captain Montoya and everyone else present. Though still looking straight ahead, his voice turned to his fellow performer, with some urgency. "Constantin! For please, am needing a vigorous Krasnoye-ing! The vet redness has no place in front of Captain, da?"

From his peripheral vision, Vladimir noted a familiar face approaching them. It seemed that they were not the only ones to have recently come from London.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by rivaan
Raw
Avatar of rivaan

rivaan

Member Seen 6 hrs ago



Constantin Kolev


Location: Regalia's Ship
Skills: Tretiy Glaz(passive), Fal'shbort(passive), Krasnoye , Perception


"Da, on it, Great Bazhooli." The firewalker replied as he made his way over to his gloriously loud and flashy leader, focusing on the task at hand. It's been a while since he had to use Krasnoye in succession like this... what's more on the same type of injury on the same person. There was some bad luck going around these parts it seemed. Maybe there was a bad luck soulless or something that was just messing with them, wouldn't surprise him at this point really.

Starting the attempt at healing Vlad, everything suddenly went damn perfectly well! Constantin felt like this was among the best attepts at Krasnoye he had done ever and the effects were agreeing as the nose healed perfectly. Broken nose resetting, damaged skin recovering and swelling going away. It was the perfect example of a Krasnoye healing and he was really proud of it! Once it was done, he took a sigh of relief." Hopefully there's not going to be a third time. Not sure how long this luck would continue." He muttered, recalling his own nose was a little bit on the broken side too, but nothing to be done about that.

That pesky healing out of the way, his attention returned on the surroundings. A little bit paranoid about being on a ship in the middle of nowhere, made him study the surroundings like a hawk. He didn't want ot be caught unaware by anything nasty that might be lurking about. For all he knew down underneath the surface could be filled with colossal monsters of untold size and horror! Or smaller monsters, he had no way of knowing and frankly if it depended on him, he wouldn't have to get to known. Luckily at least there wasn't anything special sticking out so he let a sigh of relief about it.
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Seen 1 hr ago

March 24th, 1823

Scotland



Two Carriages Passing: "I will not be hoisting bodies about like some commoner!" Lord Egerton snapped and moved back to his carriage. Climbing in and slamming the door behind him. Lord Rutherford rolled his eyes slightly but forced a smile towards Maeve before following her.

"Don't mind him, he's had a day or two," he said but his words were anything but convincing. Moving over towards Rory he tilted his head to the side a bit as he looked at the mans lifeless features. Shaking his head he knelt down and grabbed the mans arm, pulling it up and over his shoulder before hoisting the man up like a sack of potatoes and placing the corpse over his shoulder. Slowly he stood back up to full height and motioned with his eyes towards the weapons that were left behind. "Mind getting those," he said before turning and moving back towards the carriage.

At the carriage the driver got up and reached down, helping Richard to get the body of Rory up to the top of the carriage and laid out so it could be transported wherever it was that they would be taking him. The man didn't say anything, just did as he was instructed as Lord Egerton sat in the carriage and looked out the window from time to time with a rather impatient expression on his features.

Millicent walked with William and crossed her arms over her chest. She didn't like this one bit. So many attacks, this was the third she had seen recently. At least this one she did not have to take part in but perhaps being in a battle was better than to have to clean up after one. In battle you tried not to think of the lives that were lost. After, you were faced with nothing but that. "I wonder if they were kind in life," she said more to herself than to William. It was a thought that crossed her mind. What were these Soulless like before they had been turned into the monsters they had died as.

Her head snapped to the side as he spoke and her eyes drifted down to the blade. It was unexpected and she found herself looking around carefully before taking it quickly and tucking it away in the folds of her gown. Obviously hiding the weapon from others before she continued to move. "Thank you," she said quietly as she walked to the bodies. "And please don't mention it, to anyone," she added. It seemed that the last thing she wanted anyone to know was that she was now armed.

"Why haven't you run?" she asked as she knelt down to one of the bodies and started to prepare the body to be put to rest in a more permanent fashion.

Lady Kirkpatrick took quick work of the one body by where her carriage was and then opened the carriage door. Stepping up slightly and going through it, as if to make sure nothing was going to be left behind when they left.


England



Two Ships Passing: Regalia quirked a brow towards Constantin and motioned towards the eccentric German conversing with Hazel. "Perhaps you should ask him. He knows far more about Soulless than the rest of us," she said in passing. She was going to say more but then it seemed that the great Bazhooli was bound and determined to keep his nose in a constant state of broken. Thankfully the man that had been asking her questions was tending to him.

"Haven't gotten their sea legs yet," Marco said in passing and Regalia smirked a bit.

"I see," she said going back to the conversation that had been started but cut off. "Then you are welcome to join us as we are doing to Port Annan currently. Our ship travels far faster than the smaller vessel you are on and is more bound to reach port in one piece," she added as she looked back at the smaller vessel.

The captain of the small fishing vessel turned a bit green looking around. "They have animals! We couldn't possibly!" he shouted but Regalia just rolled her eyes.

"Marco, can you handle moving animals from ship to ship?" she ask in a sarcastic fashion.

Marco didn't even answer, just rolling his eyes in turn before looking at the other captain and then back to Regalia. "He's afraid of losing a fare."

"I thought as much."

Carlisle: The mans lips rolled in and he chuckled. "Ahh, a smart one you are. Yes, this stuff," he said as he brushed off his shoulders. "Never a good sign." Moving slowly, he limped slightly as he walked, coming closer to Virginia. "Carlisle? Eh, hell of a jump this time. With yer brains, take it you aren't from around here," he said looking her over from head to tow. Slowly he pulled out a leather bound journal from his bag. It was similar to another she had seen recently, another odd man scribbling in on constantly.

"Ahh, yes, here we are. Pale skin, bone hair, strong presence, must be a Crypt," he said rather matter of factly as he snapped the book shut and shoved it back into his robes. "Any cold lately? Frost? High winds? Unseen forces moving? Yes, yes, tell the man, tell the man, what have you seen?" he asked as he found the curbed edge of the fountain and sat down slowly. Adjusting his cloak and garments to get a little more comfortable.
1x Like Like
Hidden 7 mos ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Online



Colette de La Fontaine


Location: On the Open Sea - Main Deck (Near Regalia)
Skills: Language -English



She bowed her head in greeting to Constantin. He, at least, seemed somewhat....sane? If those with him were any indication, it must have been an interesting journey. Colette found herself distracted by the one man's antics. The Great Bazhooli was it? Who introduced themselves with such vigor? Colette eyed the Captain nervously, unsure if she was thinking straight allowing this lot to come on board. It wasn't her call though. "Does he always act so...excited?" she asked Regalia.

Colette felt another presence and looked to see Fyror had joined them. She had almost forgotten he was around. Almost, though, because she was still thankful for his help in preventing her from drowning. "Monsieur Kildragon. Welcome. We seem to be picking up some more passengers. What do you make of them?"
1x Like Like
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet