2 Guests viewing this page
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
Avatar of Morose

Morose Sister Grimm

Member Seen 9 hrs ago



Virginia Crypt


Location: Carlisle
Skills: N/A

Virginia allowed his flattery to simply roll off of her back. She didn't need a man to inform her that she was intelligent. If she hadn't noticed that before, then she didn't deserve to be called such a characteristic. Having a word for those flakes - the minocranies - that was helpful. However, she still didn't understand exactly what they were. Her mind was going wild trying to recall if she had ever heard something along those lines before. "I was journeying north from London," Virginia informed him, before she gave her best idea as to the exact location her own jump had occurred from.

"There was a horrific storm," Virginia began, recounting her tale to him. "I was traveling with two companions - one of whom was snatched up by the force...I believe I heard the voice of her people nearby, as she is not from this country, and these flakes...These minocranies, I wondered if they were from her corpse," Virginia said honestly. She described all of the details she could remember, including the impression the storm had made on her and the blaze reminiscent to dear Mosi's funeral. She described the Soulless they had found in the woods and how time and space seemed to bend as there was a jump. However, she concealed Elizaveta's identity. She did not want to reveal the death of a grand duchess.

"Forgive me, sir, but I believe I can make a deduction as to who you are as well," Virginia then said, her hands folded slightly. She did not sit down as he did. His pen and paper had given him a clue, as well as his odd behavior and the talk of obscured things. "Do you know Master Ludwig Zimmer? He is a friend."

Maeve Brennan


Location: Annan Carriages Passing
Skills: N/A

Maeve rolled her eyes at Lord Egerton's outburst. Had her god been there before her, she would have had half a mind to ask him why there was a world in which Lord Egerton lived and dear Calum had perished. Perhaps a trade of sorts could have been made - taking Lord Egerton's obnoxious life for Calum's more amusing and endearing one. "I mind any man who wud sit in 'is carriage loike a petulant kid while a lady toiled away in de business av death," Maeve told Lord Rutherford. Of course, by lady she was more referring to both Lady Kirkpatrick and Millicent.

As Rutherford picked up Rory and draped him over his shoulder, Maeve nodded, grabbing the assortment of weapons that had been left. They would need to be cleaned properly to avoid rust - if there was one thing the poor knew, it was the importance of keeping what one had in working order. Money was not a luxury to waste on new things - the old would have to do and would need to last more than one generation in many cases. Carrying the weapons, Maeve walked back to the carriage, spying the ungrateful and impatient lord inside.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Romero
Raw
Avatar of Romero

Romero Prince of Darkness

Member Seen 1 hr ago



William Fraser


Location: Annan
Skills: Charisma



William smiled as Millicent took the weapon from his outstretched hand, and he had half turned away before she spoke. Glancing back, William couldn't help but raise an eyebrow as he saw that the weapon had been quickly concealed, presumably within the young woman's dress. An impressive feat, considering the size of the dirk, and the slightness of Millicent's figure. Very curious. Although in all honesty, William spent far more time trying to remove dresses, rather than conceal anything within them. Realizing that he hadn't replied to Millicent's words snapped him back to the present, and he smiled slightly as he started after her, towards the nearest of the bodies. His voice was low when he did speak.

"You have my word, m'lady."

William crouched beside the nearest Soulless corpse, kopis ready in his hand to pry open the jaws of the creature. He hesitated as he looked properly at the Ryne's face for the first time. Or rather, where the face should have been, for the body at William's feet was headless. He couldn't help but smile at the sheer macabre absurdity of it. Glancing around, he caught sight of the head, a few feet away, and he had half risen to his feet when he heard Millicent speak again. The smile was gone in an instant.

He quickly glanced back to where Rutherford was standing, crouching down again as he leaned closer to Millicent. Watching her face, his voice low, William asked the question that had been plaguing him since he had seen the first shimmer of fear in Millicent's eyes.

"What should I be running from?"
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Vladimir Alexandrov
"The Great Bazhooli"


Location: La Canela Ship -> Bristol Ship -> Back Again
Skills: Fal'shbort (Passive), Tretiy Glaz (Passive), English, Acrobatics, Gologramma



As the bones of his nose melded seamlessly back together, again, a smile of genuinely agreeable joy spread across his features. Briefly, he considered the possibility of trying it out to see exactly how spiffy it had healed, though what constituted "trying out" a nose might just be very unseemly in mixed company. Later, then. When he had some time to himself, Vladimir vowed that he would test the boundaries of his newly healed nose. For the moment, he took in a deep breath, enjoying the full function of either nostril for their individual merit, and exhaled with a word or two of gratitude. "Ahhhhh, DA! Constantin Firevalker, you have the gift! Krasnoye is strong and fuzzy vith you, like vinter beets lasting until springtime! Ha! I vill make certain to appreciate my nose after time was passed." He leaned into Constantin, eyes taking on an excited sparkle. His voice issued forth from his expressive mouth as a growling whisper, punctuating the last thing he said with the intonation of, "Vigorously..." What he could have possibly meant by that was a thing perhaps best left undwelt upon.

He wiped the last of the blood from his face and turned to Captain Montoya. It had been offered (and automatically decided upon, apparently) that the three of them should switch ships and take passage with La Canela. And from The Great Bazhooli's point of view, why the hell not? This was but a new chapter in the great adventure they were all upon. Meeting new people! Doing new things! Doing new things with and/or to new people! The last thought was admittedly directed toward the Captain. They had to pay for their passage somehow, and Vladimir was, by specific training: Tougher, Stronger, and more Russian. With a bow and a flourish, he responded to her offer in a more official capacity with dramatic undertones. "Kapitan Montoya of La Canela-s, speaking for peoples of Bazhooli Sem'ya and new Alliance of Trained Peoples (despite presence of but three of us), ve accept kind and generous offer; offering made the sveeter vith the coming from powerful voman of shipbound grace and beauty unparalleled, vith eyes as sea after storm. Is honor, Kapitan, to share space and breathe free air of ship of La Canela. Am having the gratitudes. Many, many of the gratitudes."

If his bowing and supplication got any more intense, one might fear for his health and/or stability. Luck was with them all, as he had come to the end of his speech. "Please excuse. Vill make ready for hasty departing." His eyebrows, even his entire face radiated the emotive power of The Great Bazhooli, marking him as belonging to that title for anyone even vaguely familiar with the concept of a Bazhooli, let alone a Great one. A devious smile spread across his face that seemed to scream the intent to do mischief. He stretched his toned, skillful arms out beside himself and stepped backwards until he stood a couple of feet from the ship's railing. With a calculated flex, Vladimir vaulted himself into the air, one hand moving to steady his tall black hat upon his very dignified head. He turned over but once, flipping before his feet connected with the railing. In that second, The Great Bazhooli reached into his repertoire of Rusyn Training and mentally summoned the teachings of Gologramma, an illusion that was not quite an illusion.

Vladimir seemed to step away from himself, leaving a one version of the Impalement Artist hatless with his arms crossed, balanced upon the railing, and another holding onto his hat still, facing away from the people on board the La Canela vessel. Both versions turned to look at the other, each mirroring the same devious smile. They bowed to one another in the fashion of showmen, and the one with the tall hat tossed it into the air. As eyes followed the black item of headwear, he sprung off of the railing, tumbling and flipping down to the commercial vessel below. Before he even touched the deck, the remaining Vlad snatched his(?) hat from the air and placed it upon his own head. This one looked back at those upon the ship, still smiling yet ever silent.

The other Vladimir hit the deck of the smaller vessel and broke his fall with a well executed shoulder roll, rising to sprint to the cabin left for his use. He returned in short order, carrying a bag or two, some of the belongings of himself and his traveling companions. One at a time, he quickly but carefully tossed them to his twin above, who skillfully eased them to the deck as they soared past. It was but two trips that he made, seeing as they had opted to travel lightly as speed was the priority over provisioning. One by one their personal effects and tools of the trade, packed neatly away in boxes, bags, or wrapped in cloth, made their way up to the La Canela ship, guided to an easy landing by the silent Vladimir above. The last item was an earthenware growler bottle, one of a few he had packed for purposes of trade, if necessary. This one was caught and held, not set upon the deck below.

The voice of the Vlad aboard Bristol Ship could be heard faintly, telling the Captain of that vessel to please keep the money already given for passage aboard their fine vessel, and giving words of thanks for their hospitality. Without warning, he appeared back upon the rail of the larger ship, effecting an impressive handstand. Vladimir delicately set one boot upon the rail, then the other, and stood tall and strong alongside his oddly quiet twin. The twin bowed to him and handed over the bottle which was accepted with a flourish. He then removed his(?) tall black hat, placed it upon the head of the other Vladimir, and adjusted it to a rakish angle. With a nod and a smile, the silent Vlad faded away into the wind. It was as if he had never been there in the first place.

The Great Bazhooli, beaming confidence and clarity, stepped carefully from the railing and strode toward the Captain. "My Lady, Qveen of Seas, and Mistress of Ships, I am thanking you also for hospitalities. Ve may have things to be discussing, I am thinking. Vould consider another honor to share drink of homeland; a nectar of place in and beyond Carpathian Mountains and into Steppes and forests of Empire. Vhen horses and provisions are secure, ov course, and duties othervise are handled. I am at service of Kapitan Montoya, da?" When he laid it on, it was as monumentally thick as only a Bazhooli might. A Great one.

Hidden 5 mos ago Post by mnkee
Raw
Avatar of mnkee

mnkee You think you know pain?

Member Seen 4 days ago



Fyror Kildragon

Tears dry, smiles fade,
but memories last forever.
- Aaron Chan



Location: La Canela Ship (Main Deck)
Skills: Memory


Fyror's gaze drifted downward at the sound of Miss Fontaine's voice. His forehead was still lightly creased, having been caught mid-thought. "They seem oddly familiar, actually. Well, The Great Bazhooli does. I don't know about the other two. I just can't quite figure out where I recognize the man from," he explained, before looking back over at the rather eccentric man. His head tilted a bit to the side as he contemplated it. The man talked about having come from London, so Fyror figured that that was where they must have crossed paths.

He suddenly snapped his fingers as it came to him. "The Soulless attack at Almack's! That's where we met!" he exclaimed. As Vlad was already taking off to gather his things, Fyror instead turned to Constantin. "You and The Great Bazhooli were at the gathering at Almack's that night when the Soulless attacked, were you not? Along with the Grand Duchess Elizaveta," he questioned.

He looked back over at Vlad as he prepared for some kind of big display. His eyes widened as he witnessed a truly peculiar ability, the likes of which he had never seen before. He glanced down at Colette, arching a brow, before watching the odd display once more in a sort of state of perplexed fascination.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by rivaan
Raw
Avatar of rivaan

rivaan

Member Seen 4 hrs ago



Constantin Kolev


Location: Regalia's Ship
Skills: Tretiy Glaz(passive), Fal'shbort(passive)


“Hmm...?” Constantin made a confused sound as his eyes followed where Regalia was pointing him at. His eyes locked onto the loony German that had the tendency to be mildly hyperactive as a really wild squirrel. His expression froze for a moment before his eyebrows relaxed and he let out a rather long sigh.” Actually after thinking about it... I'm not really surprised by this revelation now.” He stated and shook his head. It made some weird sense that of course Ludwig would be the one to know this.” Vill ask him...” He began saying, but then he saw how happy the guy seemed when he was talking to Hazel.” After he's done there and is free.” The fire walker concluded. No need to stop the fun of the guy really.

He returned his attention to the ongoing event now. Apparently they were wanting to bring their horses over to this ship and the other captain didn't want to lose the fare? After pondering this for a good few moments, Constantin reached to the completely logical deduction that this was not in his competence, this was part of the Great Bazhooli's duties and he wouldn't want to intrude on those. Thus he preferred to just sit here on this bigger ship and as closely to the middle and away from the corners as possible.

Though he was sort of really trying to not think of what was going in the Bazhooli's mind. Especially what he meant by that which he whispered. What followed could underestimatingly be described as flashy. Still it was the typical Great Bazhooli and he had nothing against it.

Then he turned to Fyror whom seemed to have figured where they've met. He looked at Fyror and then nodded at him.” Yeah...” Was his brief reply, not wanting to get into details... Especially the fact that Veta snuck away from them. Constantin still felt salty about that one. He had taken it quite hard that she didn't take any of them with her. The firewalker was really concerned about the well-being of his friend.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Seen 38 min ago

March 24th, 1823

Scotland



Two Carriages Passing: Looking over at Maeve, Rutherford gave off a bit of a chuckle. "And here I thought ladies would be more capable than men to deal with death and blood. Considering child bearing and such," he said before shrugging. "Then again, maybe it is more of a mans job. Stronger and all," he added but there was an odd twinkle in his eye before turning his attention fully back to the job at hand. "Now, where is the other body?" he asked, referring to Calum but then again he didn't know the mans name. Only that he had another to deal with.

Millicent looked over towards William and sighed. "All of this. Flee while you can. While it is safe. No one here is who they seem," she said quietly as they moved from one body to another. They were getting awfully close to where the Lady Kirkpatrick was walking, towards Callum's body, and to where Rutherford would soon be heading with Maeve. She cast a glance in the direction of her fiance and the carriage, forcing a slight thin lipped smile before continuing.

"Let us be quick unless we wish for another catching of ones stockings around their ankles and I to be frank have seen far too many winters for such shenanigans," she said as she walked, leaning against her cane slightly as she did. It was the womans way of saying she was really too old for this shit.


England



Two Ships Passing: "I don't know but they are entertaining," Regalia said with a bit of a smirk as she watched Vlad. He kept this up she might get to see him break his nose for the third time in less than ten minutes. That would be a record in her book.

Ludwig was following Hazel up the ropes. The man had an odd ease about him as he climbed the ropes in a most unorthodox manner. Swinging a foot up before his hands. He kept appearing as if he was going to fall but he just kept talking and waving his hands about as he did. Hazel was cracking up as she spoke back to him but they seemed to be fine and handling themselves.

Others on the ship prepared planks that were lowered to the other ship and it was as if a ballet was happening before them as items and crates and horses were moved from the smaller vessel to Regalia's ship. The captain herself was just watching, her eyes darting this way and that as things were taken care of under her order and supervision. Her attention slowly turned back to Vlad as he came over and spoke - and spoke - and spoke some more. Her brow raising slightly at first, just a single one. By the time Vlad was done both brows were fully raised. There was a pause before she spoke, brows still raised.

"Da," she said as a simple affirmation as the brows lowered. "Now, I hear there were attacks in London and now elsewhere in England. What do you know of them?" she asked as she motioned for the man to follow her. She had turned and was walking towards her cabin, her eyes glancing towards Collette but the woman seemed fine and she was armed now. Regalia had no doubt she could handle herself if something were to happen.

Carlisle: "Ah, ah, yes, terrible things but no," the man said as he brushed some more of them from her shoulder. Picking up some between his index finger and his thumb. "Corpse yes but from it not another. They would be lavender then, not gray. Not gray," he added before letting the thick dandruff like item fall from his fingers. Wiping his hand on his clothing he kept looking around.

Head snapped back around at the mention of Ludwig. "Ah ha! Yes! I do indeed! I am old friends of his mentor Ulrich! Yes, indeed, good chap. Strange but good," he said looking Virginia over once again. "So tell me child, what vexes you? Perplexed and vexed, that is what you seem. Not glad and definitely not mad, no more than the rest of your kind," he added as he sat back down. He seemed to stand and sit a lot on the edge of the fountain, not keeping still. Yet in his weird antics he did seem far more calm than Ludwig did in his motions and his speech.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Romero
Raw
Avatar of Romero

Romero Prince of Darkness

Member Seen 1 hr ago



William Fraser


Location: Annan
Skills: Charisma



Millicent spoke as she worked, and William walked by her side, carrying out his part in the bloody but necessary task. Having retrieved the decapitated head from where it had presumably rolled to, William ripped the too-long canines from within the foul creature's mouth, the face frozen into a snarl. Returning to the headless corpse, William made sure that the fangs were properly inserted into the arteries that ran down each side of the Ryne's throat. He'd encountered this particular breed of Soulless before, and he knew all to well that if they were left, they could well rise up once more, their unquenchable thirst driving them to prey on the innocent. William was a wanderer, drifting from town to town, seeming to owe allegiance to no-one, led by his own desires, but when it came to the Soulless, he had a different outlook. He had been trained to fight them, long months spent in the frozen north, and although it was arguably misguided in his father's case, William still shared the honour that had driven his father. The Soulless were a blight, and even though it was a blight that had faded in the last few years, it was one that William was all too happy to stand against.

The next Soulless corpse that William reached was a bloody mess, the side of it's skull caved in, clearly with some considerable force. He glanced back at the two women that they had first encountered standing atop the pile of corpses. Either the blow had been struck by one of their two companions, before they themselves had been struck down, or one of the women was far more formidable than they appeared. As William and Millicent worked, he noticed they were approaching Lady Kirkpatrick herself, where they would presumably be joined by Rutherford and the other woman before long. His moment with Millicent, the first time the two had been able to talk privately, was slipping away. Her warning had been clearly foreboding, but it was also surprisingly vague. In this dark world they lived in, was anyone truly who they seemed? Realizing time was fleeting, William cast a cautious glance to Rutherford before he spoke to Millicent again, his voice low.

"Forgive me, ma'am, but why haven't you run then?"

The words felt wrong in his mouth, almost before he had even spoken them. He frowned for a moment, fearing he might have pushed too far, forcing such a direct question on a young woman that had seemed timid at times. But hindsight was curse that William endeavored not to indulge, and he forced the frown from his face, his dark blue eyes watching Millicent.
1x Like Like
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by rivaan
Raw
Avatar of rivaan

rivaan

Member Seen 4 hrs ago



Constantin Kolev


Location: Regalia's Ship
Skills: Tretiy Glaz(passive), Fal'shbort(passive), Perception



The shenanigans with Vlad's performance and way of acting in general was as always entertaining. Still while that was going on he looked around the ship and up to the silly German on the ropes. Constantin really had no idea how on earth this guy was still hanging there with such a big happy smile on his face. He looked so happy talking away with that woman. He only hoped that the slightly loony companion of his wouldn't slip for real. That would be really bad and Constantin didn't really want Ludwig to get hurt or anything.

Eventually his attention got pulled away again as the moving of things ended and Regalia called out to Vlad who spoke a lot. The fire walker naturally kept quiet since he wasn't really referred. Finally the female captain called out to Vlad to follow her to her cabin to discuss the attacks of soulless that were going on by the looks of it. A lot more attacks than what Constantin was aware of, but then again they got attacked nearly at the edge of the Circus!

Thinking about that attack, his gaze turned back to the edge of the ship. The dark waters that surrounded them all. He felt really uncomfortable about that, but being on a batter ship certainly did help with that feeling. This was a step in the right direction, next would be when they arrived on dry land! For now though he couldn't spot anything unusual out and about which was a relief. He just hoped this wasn't a calm before a storm. His attention then turned to the familiar face Fyror and the other woman Colette.” Excuse my curiosity, but hov did the tvo of you end on this ship?” He asked and looked at Fyror.” You especially, I'm more curious about.”
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
Avatar of Morose

Morose Sister Grimm

Member Seen 9 hrs ago



Virginia Crypt


Location: Carlisle
Skills: N/A

Hearing that Elizaveta was not the source of the flakes, Virginia felt a jolt of electricity go through her spine. Had she not heard the accents and voices of the circus nearby? Perhaps Elizaveta still drew breath - if there was the chance that she were near and Virginia could save her, she considered it her duty to do so. The macabre had not yet devoured Virginia's soul as it had snuffed the life of poor Sister Hale. This Soulless had not killed Elizaveta, she hoped.

She eyed the man for a moment, as he asked what vexed her. "I stand at a crossroads," Virginia answered after a pause. "Of course I wish to go crusade with the Dark Forces, as is my birthright... Yet my friends who walk the path of light cannot follow me there. They all are in mortal danger, have been, or will soon be. My love perished. My dear friend died fighting these creatures not more than an hour ago. Another friend was spirited away. And my best friend, I hope that the clutches of an unwanted marriage is the worst that has befallen her... Then there is the matter of my brother, threatened by enemies unseen and unknown."

"But I am a Crypt. If you can help me rescue the friend spirited away - or at least find her body for proper burial - I would be most grateful."

Maeve Brennan


Location: Annan Carriages Passing
Skills: N/A

"Should I praise yer for callin' yerself incapable? Or chucker I pass onto de next bit an' remind yer dat de strength av a man wus not enoof to fell these creatures? Decide. Either yer are a coward or yer are a brave knight. An' lookin' at yer, I t'ink de former," Maeve scoffed. These men were not men - they were children who could come up with a thousand excuses and still sit in a carriage with the impatience of a brat. She understood that Rutherford required his turns of phrases in order to save face, but she did not respect him for it. Even if he were Scottish, she had made it up in her mind to dislike him. She was certain he was a Protestant as well, just as much as she had been certain that he was British.

Or perhaps she was just angry at him calling Calum the other body. Either way, Maeve did not verbally inform him as to where Calum rested and she walked forward to his corpse. Her breath caught in her throat for a moment yet she then forced herself to breathe in and out smoothly. She had not known him very long. Affection was a thing for children and she could not allow herself to make another mistake - yet Maeve knew she was already becoming fond of Lady Kirkpatrick.
1x Like Like
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 10 hrs ago



Colette de La Fontaine


Location: On the Open Sea - Main Deck (Near Regalia)
Skills: Language -English, Perception



Colette eyed Regalia as the woman turned with the continuously speaking man. She didn't know whether to follow or not, it seemed the conversation did not involve her. And Colette wanted to prove herself somewhat. So she remained where she stood as she eyed the other ship bring their things on board. Hopefully, they would be moving soon. She was eager to get off of the water.

Constantin got her attention again and, with a side eye towards Fyror, she returned to the conversation. "We were on a small ship as well when this...thing attacked us. Our ship was destroyed and we were nearly gone. Thankfully Monsieur Kildragon here held on for the both of us, or I would not have lasted. And then Captain Regalia showed up and drove the creature away and saved us. It was...an experience, to be sure."
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by mnkee
Raw
Avatar of mnkee

mnkee You think you know pain?

Member Seen 4 days ago



Fyror Kildragon

Tears dry, smiles fade,
but memories last forever.
- Aaron Chan



Location: La Canela Ship (Main Deck)
Skills: N/A


Fyror pulled his gaze away from the dramatic performance of The Great Bazhooli to look back at Constantin. He gave a subtle nod of his head at the man's confirmation of his inquiry. It was quite an interesting twist of fate that they would be brought together again, and out in the open ocean of all places. It was perplexing actually. His features took on a thoughtful expression. What were the three of them doing way out here? His gaze scanned the smaller ship, confirming that the Grand Duchess wasn't with them. How was any of this possible, for two ships sailing in a vast ocean carrying people who knew each other to meet up like this? It seemed like something more than just a mere coincidence. It was fate, indeed.

He turned his full attention back to Constantin, intent upon asking him how he and his little ragtag group of friends had ended up way out here. However, it would seem that the Russian was already on a similar train of thought. He glanced down at Colette as she was quick to answer the man's question. A small breath left him, and the corners of his lips pulled up into the beginnings of a smile at hearing the sheer gratitude in her voice. It touched him, truly. He always tried his best to go out of his way to help people, but it wasn't often that his aid was received so well. He felt flustered for a moment, awkwardly clearing his throat before regaining his composure.

He gave a nod of affirmation to Colette's explanation, before finding his voice again. "To expand upon what Miss Fontaine has already told you, we initially met in Manchester after a Soulless had attacked the town. We quickly found that we had similar goals. We are searching out a woman by the name of Millicent Wyndham. Perhaps you know of her? She was also there at Almack's the night of the Soulless attack," he finally explained.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Vladimir Alexandrov
"The Great Bazhooli"


Location: La Canela Ship
Skills: Fal'shbort (Passive), Tretiy Glaz (Passive), English



With a smile and a flourish, Vladimir removed his tall hat yet again. He was fond of utilizing his hat for the purposes of demonstrating his various acts of manual dexterity, and tended to do so when twirling his fine knives was impractical. Such was it now, speaking with new people aboard their ship in the middle of unfamiliar waters. He did not know how the Captain might react to a strange and colorful man of Rusyn Carpathian Cossack heritage brandishing sharp implements within her zone of comfort, nor did he wish to experiment at first meeting. So, hat. He twirled it about with one hand and spun it on his fingertips at leisure.

While he did so, Vladimir took a moment to consider the words of Captain Montoya, who had so playfully returned his native word of affirmation, "Da", back to him in what he assumed was partially sarcasm. Still smiling, the waterbound Impalement Artist responded with a jovial, "Da? Da! Am not knowing that you speak the Russian, Kapitan! I am liking, very much." The next series of words form the woman, inquiries into the Soulless attacks in and about London, he chose to remain close-lipped about until such time as they had some privacy to speak. He even hinted as much, following along behind her when she started toward her cabin, beckoning to him. "Good, good. Qviet place for qviet talk. Drinks to toast new acquaintence-ing. Ve go!"

Between the sway of the Captain's form as she walked (particularly the place where her lower back joined with her legs, just that whole region there) and the absent twirling of his hat, Vladimir found himself distracted. So distracted, point of fact, that he failed to notice the door to the cabin swing open directly in his path. The edge of the door connected solidly with the center of his entire face, from strong, noble chin all the way up to proud, intelligent forehead. Somewhere in the middle, his highly dignified nose cracked. Again. The tall, black hat of the reigning Great Bazhooli dropped to the floor at first, his now free hand pointing into the air as if about to ask a question and with the most perplexed look upon his face, before gravity asserted itself.

Master Vladimir Dmitrievich Alexandrov, first heir of The Baron Alexandrov, felt his eyes cross a he flopped bonelessly upon the deck, unconscious next to his fine hat.

2x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Lady Amalthea
Raw
GM
Avatar of Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea 🦄 / The Elder GM

Member Seen 38 min ago

March 24th, 1823

Scotland



Two Carriages Passing: The mans instinct was right even if his words were not. The look that came over Millicent's features was one of clear reading that the man had pushed too far too fast. Rising as another corpse was tended to her hands moved hard against the folds of fabric that was her dress. "Those of the more fragile sex don't have the luxury of such things," she said in a steely voice. Turning on her heels there was the feeling of a "hmph!" in the air. Speed picked up by several fold, as if she was on a mission now to complete things as quickly as possible. It seemed to be the closest thing to running as she could muster right then.

Lady Kirkpatrick turned slightly and watched, seeing this woman storm about fields from corpse to corpse. Rutherford hadn't noticed yet, left a little flabbergasted by Maeve's words. Then he shrugged. "All knight's are simply cowards in a can," he said before moving passed her as the Lady Kirkpatrick looked over to them and then down to the father who was laying there lifeless.

"Be gentle with this one," she said in a stern tone.

Rutherford nodded and went to position Calum in a way that would ease the transport of the body from one place to another. Thing was though, it didn't quite work that way. You see, the scene unfolded a bit like watching a wrecking ball take down a building. There was a chain, the rosary, and it founds it balls to swing, Rutherford. Together they swung as the feet became wrapped up in the beads and one could almost hear a whisper on the wind. Something along the lines of "Oh fuddle". Rutherford seemed to soar over the body and into the ground hard, landing on his face. "Bloody hell," he muttered after spitting out a sizable piece of dirt and grass from his mouth. Rolling over he started yanking at the rosary that still hadn't let itself free from the man.

Millicent stood there, stunned by what she had just witnessed. There was a look of satisfaction on her features before she glanced around and the expression changed. One of begrudging concern. Hands full of her dress she hurried over to her fiance, though well slower than she could rightly run. "Are you alright?" she asked as she moved to help with the beads but was pushed away and landed on her read end, looking over at the man as she bit her bottom lip.

"I've got it!" he snapped as the Lady Kirkpatrick moved over to Millicent and gathered her and assisted the girl back to her feet.

"Hardly you bumbling buffoon."

England



Two Ships Passing: Thunk and thud. Regalia had half expected to turn around and spot the German but no, there on the deck laid out flat was Vlad. Her brow rose slowly as she looked at him just laying there. "You Russians have no sea legs," she said as she gave a slow shake of her head. "Marco..." she called out and the man ran over to her.

"Wáaj ba'ax carajo ka máan waye'" Marco said in a questioning voice as he motioned to the unconscious Russian at his feet.

There was a sigh from the captain before she started to speak again. "Táan in chúunsik in tuukul u le wíiniko' jach yaan narcolepsia. Chéen ka tu líiksaj ka tu ts'áaj ti' in Taas che'o' tuméen bejla'e', bey u jaajil ti' u yooko'ob."

"Ba'ax u Taas che'o'!" Marco said, looking rather surprised.

"Teene' tartamudeo." The captains voice seemed to be one of warning and it didn't take her having to repeat herself. Quickly Marco lifted the man and slung him over his shoulder as the Captain opened the door to her cabin. Moving aside she let Marco go into her quarters as she looked over at the rest of them. "Going to put him somewhere soft before he gets himself killed," she said before turning and entering her lodgings.

The door remained opened after she walked inside. That was for a short time before Marco came out and shut the door on his exit. He looked at the group and grinned a bit before scuttling back off towards the front of the ship and up to the wheel where Silvio was. The two seemed to be exchanging words with one another while up in the crows nest Hazel and Ludwig had crawled out and were repairing the rip in the sail. One would swear it was only by luck or gods grace that the German hadn't fallen as of yet.

Carlisle: "Ha, crossroads indeed." His lips curled in and he rummaged around in the large pack slung like a purse over his shoulder. His head going further and further into the satchel until he finally stopped. "Ha! There it is," he exclaimed. First his head popped back out of it and then his hand followed the exit swiftly. Thrusting the item in his hand out to show what it was. It was... It was... It was... A fork.

As one hand held it, the other tinged each of the tines on it. "One, two, three," he counted before turning it around in his hand and held it by those very tines. "A roads lead back to one, if we only look behind us. And!" he continued as he turned it back around. "All have the same destination no matter the choice." There was a wink from the old man before shoving the fork in his mouth and grinning.

Then there was a pondering look that came over the man's features. "Hrm, marriage?" he said as if there was a thought in his mind as he started looking around. Taking a step here and a step there, back tracking and spinning around before looking north. "Hrm, yes, 2 hours walk, that way," he finally said and started walking. "You know, not every road leads to Rome. Some lead to Gretna Green," he said, looking as if he was speaking more to the sky than anything.

1x Like Like
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Romero
Raw
Avatar of Romero

Romero Prince of Darkness

Member Seen 1 hr ago



William Fraser


Location: Annan
Skills: Perception



William winced as he saw the expression that crossed Millicent's face, and he could only watch as she turned and began to move away. Deciding against pursuing her, William returned to his own grisly work. But his mind was elsewhere as he forced open the grimacing jaws of the Soulless at his feet. It was clear that Millicent was more complex than the women that William normally found himself spending time with during his travels. He was out of practice, too used to his easy charm and good looks being all he needed. Before he could stop himself, the thought of Jemima Moore drifted into his mind. Now there was a woman with a fire in her heart, but it had been too long, years now, since William had last crossed paths with her, and he had lost his edge. In Millicent, he saw unmistakable shades of Jemima, and he wasn't sure if that intrigued him, or terrified him.

William's train of thought was derailed by the sound of a scuffle, and he turned in time to see Rutherford falling to the ground, seemingly entangled with a corpse as he collided with the mud. William was too shocked by the bizarre scene to even manage a smile, seeing the intimidating figure of Rutherford being sent sprawling certainly robbed the Lord of much of his dignity. Instinctively, William's gaze moved to Millicent. He saw the satisfaction that crossed her face, only for an instant, before she remembered herself and adopted an expression of mock concern. She moved to help Rutherford up, but she could clearly have moved faster, and William smirked. There was clearly some fight left in the young woman. The smirk faded as he watched Millicent be knocked to the floor herself by Rutherford's flailing.

He started forwards, intending to help her up, but Lady Kirkpatrick was closer, and surprisingly quick for a woman of her age, even having time to snap at Rutherford again. Regardless, William moved to join the rest of the group, stowing the kopis in the sheath across his back as he did so. Glancing down at Rutherford, he considered helping the man up, but decided against it. Now he was closer, he could see that he was entangled by a rosary, and any attempt to free him could potentially damage the prayer beads. Instead, William glanced around the other figures gathered around the struggling Lord, wondering if any of them would attempt to aid him.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by rivaan
Raw
Avatar of rivaan

rivaan

Member Seen 4 hrs ago



Constantin Kolev


Location: Regalia's Ship
Skills: Tretiy Glaz(passive), Fal'shbort(passive)


“I see, then congratulations are in order I believe for a job well done, sir Fyror. Good job on making sure this lovely lady survived this ordeal.” Constantin stated and gave the man a little bit of a nod of recognition to the man. The firewalker liked brave people well enough and the man apparently had taken an ordeal to save this woman and that was worthy of praise and thus he delivered said praise. He then nodded as he listened.

“I know of her... vaguely. The Grand Duchess was also interested in her.” Constantin nodded and his expression took a sort of grim look at it.” Perhaps too great of interest in that woman's well-being. The Grand Duchess ran avay with the macabre lady and the zealot lady to chase after the voman you spoke off. Ve are giving chase and took a short cut via sea... that's hov ve ended up here.” He recounted to the two of them their own escapades in short. Seemed like their objectives merged now too more or less.

It was then that he noted what Vlad was about to do. Before he even had the time to react and warn him, it followed. That nose was broken yet again and this time even the Russianest Russian man was taken out by the impact. His nose cracked quite audibly and visibly.” Боже мой... не отново.“ The firewalker muttered in Bulgarian as he facepalmed. This was getting absurd, this time he didn't even have the chance to attempt to heal before Vlad was whisked away into the captain's cabin behind closed doors.” Well... at least he should be save... probably.” He mumbled and sighed.


Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Morose
Raw
Avatar of Morose

Morose Sister Grimm

Member Seen 9 hrs ago



Virginia Crypt


Location: Carlisle
Skills: Deduction

Virginia looked at the man for a moment, mulling over everything he said. She didn't feel wary of him - he seemed to be a decent fellow. Perhaps he was a bit simple and insane, but her mother had been insane so that in itself didn't quite bother her. His character was good and that was all that mattered. The reference of the two hour to walk to Gretna Green... That was significant. Elizaveta had described it in her visions. She wanted to pursue the lead of the Grand Duchess, yet she had heard the voices of the circus.

"I must ask - my friend that was abducted by the - I believe minocranies, yes? Can we do anything for her? Or would my efforts be better put towards taking the road that leads to Gretna Green, to see if my closest friend needs help murdering her husband to be?" Virginia asked. She had faith in this man and he knew Ludwig. But more importantly, he had knowledge of these Soulless. Yet hearing her own words, Virginia shook her head slightly. Millicent would be fine. Elizaveta, she was the time pressing concern.

"Forgive me. That was irrational. Will you help me save my friend who was spirited away by the minocranies?" Virginia asked.

Maeve Brennan


Location: Annan Carriages Passing
Skills: Sewing

"What's de matter witcha? Walk much?" Maeve scolded, as Rutherford comically failed to pick up Calum or the rosary. She heard the near whisper on the wind and smiled slightly at it. Calum had given her one last jester like performance - and it was endearing. She just wished she had had a chance to speak to him. It felt as if a story had been ended prematurely. She sighed slightly then as the young woman attempted to help. "Back aff, yer lot," Maeve told the company assembled.

Bending down, Maeve expertly untangled the rosary without damaging it. She simply viewed the task like untangling thread or a sewing project - especially the few that Roisin had attempted to 'help' with. Maeve then neatly stood up, holding Calum's rosary. She glanced down at Rutherford, as if daring him to ask for her help to stand. She delicately thumbed one of the prayer beads, hoping that Calum's soul was safely delivered to heaven and that dear Roisin would have no difficulties reaching Rome. "Me lady - unless yer want it for yerself, I would like ter keep de rosary," Maeve then said, looking at Lady Kirkpatrick respectfully.
1x Like Like
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Sigil
Raw
Avatar of Sigil

Sigil Literary Hatchetman

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago



Vladimir Alexandrov
"The Great Bazhooli"


Location: La Canela Ship
Skills: Fal'shbort (Passive), Tretiy Glaz (Passive), English



Vladimir felt a sense of floating for a moment, a sort of lifting, swaying motion counter to that of the ship in deep water. Was he aboard a ship? He could not tell anymore, caught as he was fluctuating between the land of dreams and the waking world. Never too deep in either, yet still fuzzy enough to make it difficult to tell upon which side of the line he was at any moment. The uncertainty was both blissful and confusing, as were many of the images that visited his thoughts in that time. Every so often, a flash of discomfort took him, most likely from one of the fleeting moments that leaned toward elusive lucidity. Dreams the mental flights of fancy never seemed be accompanied by sensation in a physical sense; it was more like a vivid and potent imagining.

Unfortunately, he used several delirious moments to vocalize. "Mmm... da, u menya yest' chuvstva k tebe. No poka rano govorit' muzhu..."1 Though he had intentionally made a big showing of the Captain repeating back a single word in his native Russian, it was perhaps best if she did not actually understand the language. She did understand English, however, and though Vladimir did not generally dream in the language, he did understand it better than he chose to speak it and he had been using it almost exclusively since arriving in London. Sleepily, one might hear him continue, "Da, my saltvater flower. You have gluteus vith beauty of sky after summer rain. Come, let us embrace every flavor life can offer, vithin arms of each other. Our loins vill sing duet of impassioned burning..."

Vladimir's eyes snapped open. With haste but caution, they darted from one direction to the next, taking in as much detail as they possibly could in a scant couple of seconds. He was in a bed. Not his own, but around him were the colors of his people; red and black, gold shimmering in places. Throw in white moderately and he might have been convinced that he was back with the Circus, in a recently remodeled tent or particularly spacious vardo. But that still wouldn't have accounted for the rolling motion of the sea beneath him. As quickly as he dared, Vlad pushed himself to a sitting position and asked aloud, to no one in particular even if he was alone in the room, "Hat... and bottle. Meeting vith Captain Montoya. Am requiring very fine hat and very finer bottle I vas having before door sprang to attack. Anyvone, for please?" Let it never be said that Vladimir Alexandrov was not a man of priorities.


Hidden 4 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by FantasyChic
Raw
Avatar of FantasyChic

FantasyChic Poptarts and Glitter

Member Seen 10 hrs ago



Colette de La Fontaine


Location: On the Open Sea - Main Deck
Skills: Language -English



Colette stood aside as the two men recognized each other. She didn't want to tell the man they had just met everything about where they were going and why, but Fyror told him. None the less, it seemed they all had a similar goal. It was a bit concerning that everyone wanted to find this one woman. Her intentions were noble, she was sure. She wanted to ensure her protection. She didn't know anyone else's motive, but she hoped there was no ill will.

She heard the sound of something falling and turned to see one of the strangers, the strange Russian man who talked a lot, on the deck. It seems he had fallen and looked fairly bad. She was about to rush over and see if he was all right, but Captain Montoya already saw to it, having one of her crew take him inside and assuring them he would be safe. Colette nodded her approval and understanding before facing Constatin. "I am sure he will be all right. Captain Montoya is trustworthy and skilled, from what I have seen. Back to our earlier topic, it seems we all have a similar goal. How fortuitous we all find ourselves on this ship going to the same port."
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by mnkee
Raw
Avatar of mnkee

mnkee You think you know pain?

Member Seen 4 days ago



Fyror Kildragon

Tears dry, smiles fade,
but memories last forever.
- Aaron Chan



Location: La Canela Ship (Main Deck)
Skills: N/A


Fyror looked downwards for a moment, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips as more praise was dished out. While some men may let such words of praise go to their heads, it only humbled Fyror. It was a reassurance to him that he was doing the right thing. "Thank you," he replied softly, glancing over at Colette and then back to Constantin. He was glad when the attention diverted from him and back to other, more important matters.

He nodded his head thoughtfully. He believed he knew the two women the man was referring to. The Grand Duchess had gained a bit of a following while at Almack's. A part of him was glad to hear that more people were looking into and doing something about the sketchy marriage between Miss Wyndham and the infamous Lord Rutherford. Had the Grand Duchess gone about her mission alone it would have been more of a cause for concern, but surely three, presumably trained, women could handle themselves well enough alone. At least he certainly hoped so. However, the situation that Constantin described did make him wonder...

"How exactly did the Grand Duchess learn about Miss Wyndham's predicament? What kind of information, or lead, is she going on?" he questioned curiously. At the sound of a dull thud somewhere behind him, he spun around to locate the source. He grimaced as his gaze landed on The Great Bazhooli and his once again injured and prone form. He glanced over at Constantin and Colette with a look of concern on his face. Fortunately, it seemed that the flamboyant Russian was being tended to. He reluctantly turned his attention back to the others as Miss Fontaine attempted to strike the conversation back up again.
↑ Top
2 Guests viewing this page
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet