Hidden 4 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by Deos Morran
Raw
GM
Avatar of Deos Morran

Deos Morran I am the Adorable!

Member Seen 2 days ago

Wrath of Darkness


Prologue: Enter The Wild World




Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'


The members of Expedition Team KV-73 had received their brief the night prior by a rather prominent and decorated veteran of the Wild World, General Richard. It was unusual for one of his stature to come out and give a brief, but this expedition was different. Instead of sending a team on a specific mission to search, scout, or gather a specific thing, KV-73 were to be flown to Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse' and upon landing, mount up on advanced and prepared tactic vehicles with equipment already transferred and ready to travel deep into uncharted territory. Their mission, to investigate a strange beam of light seen deep in the Wilds past the Treehouse. It was a dangerous mission and one that was truly not to standard code as nothing like this phenomenon has ever been reported in the past. This could be a breakthrough in the fight against the monsters, or a new threat come to upset the current balance. Either way Humanity needed a brave group of souls to go above and beyond the call of duty to investigate.

Arriving from different transports all from different parts of Anselmo and various outposts. The members of KV-73 arrived to the magnificence of the Treehouse. An entire outpost built within the nestled cradle of canopied leaves and branches. High atop the 100 meter high elder trees of the Wild World the entire outpost was the scattered buildings connected by wooden and rope bridges that kept the weight low, but the rustic feel high. Hell, this would be a child's dream had it not been made like this to avoid monsters and demons. Though this dream was busy housing a group of the most qualified and deadly people to be assembled.

That group was to be the men and women of KV-73 led by none of than Jake Cross, a veteran of the Wild World and most likely candidate for a successful mission lead. Though of course he wouldn't be alone and far from the only deciding vote in this mission. Together with him was the collective knowledge and power of 27 different individuals ranging from monster biologists to rangers, guardians to mechanics, riders to fighters. Assembled for this deadly and unpredictable mission to fight back with the best odds. Most of the crew had already arrived, setting up their gear and staging themselves on the four vehicle convoy that sat on a massive metal platform in the trees, ready to be lowered and commence mission. Though there was a member of the roster who had yet to arrive. so by faithfully waiting he perched himself at the edge of the Treehouse, peering into the vast world around him while the others came to meet one another for the first time.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Mega Birb
Raw
Avatar of Mega Birb

Mega Birb Blessed Birb

Member Seen 23 days ago


Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'

A cloaked and masked figure sat atop one of the cargo crates that encompassed the edges of the convoy. They weren't about to be transported, they were merely in storage, unlike what they were taking with them. In its hands, this figure had a whetstone and a lethally sharp blade, which was idly being sharpened further. It was passing the time by quietly watching the others as they had arrived, the only sound produced by it being the regular shinking of wear being taken off a sword. That was, until, it sheathed the weapon on its back and hopped from the crate, approaching the man at the edge of the platform and speaking in a distinctly feminine voice, despite the muffling from her mask. "Commander Cross, I think we may be wasting daylight at this point." She took a brief pause to size him up properly. Jake was tall, rugged, but not hard to look at either. He pulled it off well, and his composition showed that he had little issue leading this mission. Something about him inspired confidence in others, evidently.

"I'd rather be on the road before noon, but the choice lies with you, sir. My name is Vitra Leon, by the way. Everyone calls me Spook, though," she continued, hands clasping behind her back as she looked out over the treetops. It would be a stunning sight, if she didn't know that she was also looking at at least ten different creatures that could kill any of them in an instant. Several echo finches were flitting through the branches, though, meaning that there wasn't an immediate threat in the nearby forests, anyway. She looked back up at Jake, expecting a response despite how strange she had come off as. That didn't matter to her anyway, it's hard to come off as relatable when your entire face is concealed behind a gas mask.

That, and the mirrored lenses had a way of creeping people out.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Mataus
Raw
Avatar of Mataus

Mataus Ghost

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'


Reed stood inspecting a vehicle in the convoy, his flight helmet held to his side. While the piece of hardware wouldn't be used as a flight aid on this mission, it did provide good field data and they were taught to use such devices in his E&E classes. Reed probably didn't seem like the type of person to be on this mission, pilot and all, but sometimes the Wild World didn't require fighting ability to get the mission done, rather, it required survivability. And Reed was top of his E&E class. Of course, there were legends on this team such as Jake Cross who would do the heavy lifting. Speaking of the man, he had just finished a conversation with woman wearing a peculiar helmet. It was time for Reed to introduce himself, although it was highly likely Cross already knew all about him and that he was already here.

"Sir," he started, "Matthew Reed. Reporting in and ready to head out on your command." He said, still holding his golden visored helmet to his side. Of course Reed wasn't entirely ready, he was quite nervous, but he did his best to conceal it. He was normally in the sky during high stake missions, but not this one. The Wild World would not be kind to them. The creatures in it had it out for humans. Luckily not every creature was hostile. Some were neutral and it was that which they would probably rely on in sticky situations.

Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Croissant
Raw
Avatar of Croissant

Croissant

Member Seen 3 mos ago

Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'


The sickly smell of blood and rotting flesh came back to him. He walked into the room, molding blood stained walls, flies and insects tearing at rotting flesh, for their sustenance. He looked at her, lifeless eyes up to the ceiling, ice cold body limp againts the wall. All he could do was cry. At himself for not realizing sooner. At himself for making dinner for two without asking her. At himself for not trying to reach her sooner. At himself. For giving up.

rot

Dexter snapped out of his trance, sitting up in the firm twin bed that was in the room assigned to him. He rubbed his eyes, still tired from the flight over the night before. He checked the clock. Still before noon. He didn’t oversleep. He fixed his hair and stepped outside. The rays of light peeking through the trees illuminating the fortress in the trees, The Treehouse. The clicks and chatter of creatures down below stirred him and he remembered where he was, how truly unsafe he was even in the illusion of solitude of the treetopped castle. He knew no one on a personal level on this mission. They were all unknown to him except Cross. Whoever they were they must have been in his position. Poor, starving, struggling. The sum of money was all he needed to get on board. Anyone who didn’t need it was just stupid. Risking their already better-off life for something like this. He couldn’t fathom it.

He walked over to the group that was apparently forming look out to the sun. He recognized commander Cross but that was it. He didn’t pay mind to many of the others on the flight over, but he knew he’d need to. Teamwork was the key to survival in the mission, no matter how arrogant or stupid they are, they need to mesh. ”Dexter Kilono, part of the selected operatives, reporting for duty.”
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by FallenTrinity
Raw
Avatar of FallenTrinity

FallenTrinity Prying Open My Third Eye

Member Seen 3 days ago

"Vargaas. Get up and get your shit together. We move now."




Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'




The light peeked into the dark room, its warmth illuminating the back wall to a man who stood upside-down on his hands, pushing off the ground. His teeth were grit as he mumbled numbers under his breath. As the light hit his eyes went wide and stopped when he heard a name said. A name of a man that had died long ago and this angered him.

"Dios mio! Chinga tu madre pendejo! I told you fuckers never to call me that!" He soon flipped onto his feet and charged the two guards, managing to dropkick the one before the butt end of a rifle caused his sight to darken. A voice entering his senses as darkness took over.

"I don't care if we have to haul his ass to Cross. Once he's there we can fucking go. Piece of shit...Honestly, I can't wait to get rid of you..."

Time had progressed and soon he awoke in the arms of the two guards who, after gathering his pre-packed gear, had dragged him halfway to the meeting area before he awoke. Soon the limp figure began to stir.

"Oh...Owwwww...Fucking head hurts like a bi - How much did I drink?" The one guard spoke up.

"You drank nothing but I'll tell you what you ate though."

"Please...Tell me is was sweat pus-"

"The butt of my-"

"I ate your ass!? Oh no no no nononononono. I know for a fact I don't roll that way."

The solider in front of the escort rolled his eyes as Prophet leaned forward with a smirk.

"Did you at least enjoy it?" The guard gave him a sidelong glance before letting out a "tch" and a shake of the head.

"Guess I can please both parties. Heheheheheheh"

"I cannot wait until I can relinquish you from our custody you fucking psychopath."

"Ah you will miss me."

"No I fucking won't..." Prophet leaned back as they began their approach of the group, his hands behind his head for a moment before a tune struck his mind to which he seemed to animate as he walked, almost dancing. The lead guard quickly made his way up to Cross, shaking his hand before tapping him on the shoulder.

"Tag...Your it..." He muttered before mumbling to himself as he turned back and walked away. The other to pushing Vargaas, instinctually cursing them out before they turned away.

"Love you too ese! Call me!" He blew a kiss towards them before looking back at the group.

"Sup fuckers! Ready to waste your bullshit lives for an unnecessary " He turned with a smile as he drew out his knife and picked at his fingers. Occasionally he looked up, analyzing the group in its entirety. They didn't seem like much. Save for one. The fully cloaked one.

"So...I suppose this is it?" His smirk turned into grin as he leaned back, letting out a "whooo" as he laughed.

"Ahhhh man...We're going to fucking die...Hahahaha!"

1x Laugh Laugh
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by 13org
Raw
Avatar of 13org

13org Stay fresh!

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Isis Nasri

Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'


While many others introduced themselves, checked their equipment and vehicles, carrying weapons of all forms, a distinct figure walked around the outpost laying comfortably on the back of an intimidatingly big, black duvari without a care in the world. While domesticated duvaris were somewhat common, it was incredibly rare to see wild duvaris of that size around, especially not snarling and threatening to rip your throat if you get closer... Even amongst others, the female duvari seemed to be incredibly calm, quietly walking around with her owner laying on its back, with her arms around its neck as they walked. The attention the two were drawing was unavoidable, and as they passed, many others stopped what they were doing to look at the two exotic figures calmly walking.

Unfazed by the curious stared, be them directed to the duvari or to her curvaceous body, gracefully lying on the female duvari, Isis looked around, searching for the man they were supposed to meet. Not much was said to her about the mission, only that it was to scout a certain area and report their findings.
Finally locating them, Isis analyzed them by the distance. Jake Cross was exactly how she thought he would be. He had not only the appearance, but the overall feel of someone who passed by a lot of things in his life. Other than Cross, some unknown figures were slowly gathering around him. Apparently, they were the rest of the crew she would work with. While Isis herself was a bit skeptical about working with a crew of that size just for a scouting mission, something she did a lot of times accompanied just by Bastet, she took a small bit to appreciate the exotic and unlikely group that was gathered there, a few whom Isis certainly would keep an eye on, especially the one who had just arrived, escorted by two guards who seemed to be quite relieved to get rid of him...

"Jake Cross, I presume?" Isis asked, approaching the group, still laying on Bastet's back without making a sound.

Even if it wasn't either Isis nor Bastet's intention to creep behind the group like that, they couldn't really avoid it, since both of them were too used to the necessity of not making a sound while scouting the forest... That coupled with the fact that Isis herself was too used with Bastet to even consider her being 'scary' (and that most of her missions she was alone...) made it impossible for Isis to even consider that someone on the crew might not like duvaris that much...

"Isis Nasri." The girl said, looking to the group.

"And this one is Bastet." The girl said, approaching her face from the female duvari's, as the big beast gently rubbed her head on Isis' before jumping down from the duvari's back.

"Don't worry. She won't attack anyone without a good reason, or if I don't tell her to... That said... I would not recommend you guys to tease her since she is not one of your usual domesticated duvari." Isis said, calmly caressing Bastet's chest. The way the female duvari was standing near Isis, too close to her, almost like if she was protecting the girl and the way they looked and moved in perfect synchrony made clear the fact that they weren't simply a ranger and its mount.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Deos Morran
Raw
GM
Avatar of Deos Morran

Deos Morran I am the Adorable!

Member Seen 2 days ago

Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'


Jake was distracted by the beautiful rise of the sun, though he wasn't so far out of it to not hear several figures approaching, starting with one called Leon. Turning to face the gas-mask covered woman he heard her words for the briefest of moments as she expressed her displeasure at their current state of deployment. She had a point though, time was wasting, but at the same time there was a reason for everything and this time was no different. "A pleasure Ms. Spook. Jake. Jake Cross." He offered in addition to his hand, looking to shake with another new face... or mask on his team. "Though I think we should have a little more patience. It's not ideal but I've been promised one final bit of information before we depart." He concluded, taking his hand back after a firm shake with the woman.

Then to make matters more crowded, and all for the better he may add. Introducing himself as Matthew Reed and given his dress clearly some sort of operator in turn. Holding his hand out to him next he looked to give the same respect and courtesy to him. Upon a firm clasp of his hand he confidently stated, "A pleasure Mr. Reed and thank you for your prepared state." A simple greeting, but one he was more than happy to make given each person here was about to go into the Wild World to watch his back and make sure he got back safe, just like the rest.

Next on the chopping block was a man who introduced himself as Mr. Kilono. A man who looked like he could handle a fair fight and perhaps even a few unfair fights before needing a breather. Regardless, he was certainly a man he'd want on his team heading into these Wild and uncharted lands. Unlike the others he reached out instead to clasp him on the shoulder in a sign of respect, knowing that this man was a fighter at heart and would understand this gesture more than a handshake.

However, that was when things turned towards the... abnormal. The next man to approach him was a guard of designated authority althrough the fellow person with him was not one who took note of it. Treating him rather... disrespectfully and playfully. It was funny in a certain sense, but at the same time he glowered because he knew this man. Salvador Vargaas. The Prophet, as he liked to call himself. Yet to all others he was simply a madman who'd lost his mind on one to many trips into the crazy and mad world around them. In fact if anything he was a walking example of what to look out for and avoid in this crazy land. At the comment of tag he could only let a sigh roll off his lips, realizing that the day had come where he was under his command. Only to sigh once again at his ending comment, [color=tan]"Vargaas, you are brought on this mission to act as a special and abnormal Seer substitute that shall work in tandem with our dedicated Seer unit. Your purpose is to keep us all alive so with respect I'd rather you commit to that."[.color] His words trying to get the man on topic and on mission. Wanting him to do his job despite failing every single field aptitude test and psychological evaluation. In fact the only test he passed was the combat aptitude test. So not only was he mentally unstable, but he's mentally unstable and good and killing... And now he's on Jake's team.

At least things somewhat looked up following the next team member to arrive, though it was still rather concerning as the next team member pranced up on the silent feet of a wild, thorough breed Duvari. A really, really big one at that. So as she came up and the Duvari proved to be a big sweetie to the her rider he lightened up partly but still that was a wild and powerful monster that woman called companion. Though there was certainly a level of trust and protection the Duvari shared with her master that made him think. One day he'd have to ask her about it. Regardless, he extended his hand out to the woman who pronounced herself to be Isis Nasri saying, "Uh... well, a pleasure Ms. Nasri. It's good to have you about the team and I extend the same respect to Bastet. Who seems... in good health." Curious as to how his hand would go with this big beast looming over her.

Barring a missing hand at the maw of this large beast of a Duvari he would turn around to pace a few steps back and return to teh railing. Only once there and after seeing out into the Wild World he turned around to sit on the railing and address the gathered members of his team. "So as Spook here had stated. we are basically wasting out precious time here. Burning the safer hours of the day double and triple checking our gear for what reason? As much as I love to ensure we have all our gear we are waiting for something the Treehouse calls 'The Event'. For those of you who've read your brief we are to recon a deep part of the Wild World, yet the part and reason has remained classified. The reason ebing is due to the nature of the event." Starting to pace about he made sure to add a bit of a dramatic flair as the Treehouse outpost alert system blared on to declare. "All Personnel~ All Personnel~ Brace for Event T-minus 2 minutes!" Repeating the message twice more before making a final call at 30 seconds. "We are to investigate a supernatural anomoly that well... can't be stated and apparently must be witnessed for one's self." Turning away to look out at the Wild World he waited for what seemed like an eternity before it happened.

In that instant the world went quiet. Suddenly fading a shade darker as teh clouds above the Wild World were sucked towards teh ground, like a great influx sapped at them before erupting, piercing the Heavens with a grand pillar of light that punched through the clouds sending them fleeing from the pillar of radiance. Seeing it was an erupting surge of energy that was unlike anything other than a nuclear bomb detonating. For a moment things were deathly still, only to have the blast catch back up with reality and a powerful surge of wind washed over the Treehouse, shaking the massive leaves that surrounded then with a mild wind. While not dangerous or particularly strong by the looks of it the source was several hundred miles and multiple days away. So to feel the bleed off from it was... Phenomenal. "And that is an occurrence for the Treehouse and according to reports it's only started 2 weeks ago. Happening once a day. EVeryday. We need to find out why." Jake finished, moving his hair back behind his head having been rustled from the blast.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Mega Birb
Raw
Avatar of Mega Birb

Mega Birb Blessed Birb

Member Seen 23 days ago


Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'

As the rest of their band assembled, ranging from a beastmaster to mechanic, from soldier to... Spook's thoughts went full stop as her mirrored goggled reflected upon the Prophet, Salvador Vargaas. Something was off about him, and it certainly wasn't his insanity. He had something different going on behind those eyes, she could tell at a glance that he had a facade of sorts to keep up. She moved on quickly, scanning the rest of the group before he noticed her staring. All in all, she felt confident about the group, and thought they could hold together when the going got rough. Soon enough though, Jake called out for their attention, essentially giving Spook's internal thoughts voice with scary accuracy. He was interrupted swiftly and their attention was pulled to the horizon. Two minutes to the 'Event,' as it was being called.

The masked figure crossed her arms and counted the seconds internally, expecting something beyond belief. Part of her expectation became reality.

The clouds were ripped from the sky as what could only be described as a gravity well formed, before exploding into a beam of light that shone off her mask. In response, she could feel part of herself clawing to the surface, demanding to be set free this instant lest it kill her to escape. Spook recognized the feeling after a long moment, and after a short internal debate, quickly moved to the back of the group and pulled something from underneath her cloak with her right hand and jabbed it into her thigh. Soon, she felt the longing receded into the deepest corners of her mentality to remain dormant until further notice, though a reddening spot in her leg gave away that something was at least partially wrong. She could live with blaming it on a loose edge.

"That's... phenomenal," is all she said, voice filled with a certain wonder.
Hidden 4 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by BlackPanther
Raw
Avatar of BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Member Seen 6 days ago

Castan Heulyn

Location: The wild world 'treehouse'
(I don't know i am not super military here i just study animals...uh...10-4?)


Castan was distracted...then again when was she not distracted when she was out in the wild, her blazing red hair standing out amongst the greens as her large eyes seemed focused in on a herd of Millis. She had a small smile as she watched them, but was soon bumped out of it by the curious nose of the Gliocas she had fed earlier. Given its duller ear feathers this one was a female...and oh god she was late. Quickly running a hand through her hair as she stuffed her notepad and pencil away she patted the Gliocas before sprinting.

As Castan ran she felt a silence in the wild. The creatures she had been studying suddenly started running and the Gliocas she had fed earlier let out a chirp like noise before nudging her. She huffed. "Im running as fast as i can if you have complaints then carry me then your furry butt!" It snorted at her and to her large surprise did just that. So her arrival to the tree house was with large shocked eyes on top of a Gliocas as a herd of Millis ran past. It was more dramatic then she intended to say the least. As soon as she was close enough she made her way in hoping the caravan that had held the things that she was not carrying put it all in a room for her like she had asked before she went to investigate the herd.

Once off the large furry beast of a creature she pet it and gave it a snack and made her way in. She soon found the rest of the group and looked the least military. Her outfit was less armor and more tight fitting hiking...which she had a reason for in her bag, but she looked more civilian then team member. "Hi...i am so sorry for my tardiness! My name is Castan and I'm a Monster biologist at your service" She did her best salute and then held out her hand. Clearly she was not military trained either.
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Dusty
Raw
Avatar of Dusty

Dusty The First of His Name

Member Seen 8 hrs ago


Anselmo Date: 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, ‘Treehouse’


Suspended high in the treetops like some great dangling weights were the four QRTVs assigned to Corporal Andy Tabbet and team KV-73. They were hung by thick chains and steel cranes between the wooden platforms which were bolted deep into a multitude of the massive trees. The entire contraption felt far too complicated to Corporal Tabbet, as if the engineers behind it were overly concerned with a catastrophic failure and overcompensated to an unholy degree. It seemed to be the only metal part of the Treehouse, and even this small rigging weighed so much it sagged the nearby trees to an alarming degree. Without any hesitation Andy stepped between the wooden platform and metal rigging joining her lead QRTV to hang in space over the forest floor. A slight two foot gap separated the treehouse from the vehicle, but Andy traversed it without even glancing downwards towards the dizzying drop below. She’d done it three times before after all.

Navigating the narrow space on the suspended metal platform Andy wove her way around the QRTV doing the final inspection of the vehicle and all its functions. From the turret to the engine and everything in-between. She performed the rudimentary and dull inspection with considerably less annoyance then she normally would have, Andy was practically humming as she topped off the engine oil. For the first time she’d been selected to join an elite team of Rangers and journey well beyond the wall and surrounding outposts. Potentially deep into the wild lands. But not only that, Corporal Tabbet had been given direct command over three other motor operators within Commander Cross’ team. The opportunity was monumental for a young NCO and Andy strongly suspected she’d receive her sergeant chevrons upon her return to Anselmo.

Concluding her final checkup Andy joined her three operator subordinates on the wooden platform checking over their inspection sheets and ensuring everything was to satisfaction. Unlike the typical worn out gear provided to low grade operators back at Anselmo these vehicles were almost brand new, fresh off the assembly line. In fact, Andy was pretty sure besides a few test drives the trip to the Treehouse had been their first real journey. And now, she thought as she made her way across to where Commander Cross and the rest of the team were assembling, They’re about to make their first mission into the wild lands, just like me. Coming to a stop in the back row of the gathered men and women Corporal Tabbet didn’t bother introducing herself to Commander Cross, having already become acquainted with the Team’s leader in her week long stay at the Treehouse. She’d arrived early with the trucks and the other operators which gave her a slight edge on the need-to-know basis of the mission, and the Event.

Despite having seen it six times before the Event never ceased to make Andy jump, shrink back and cover her ears. Such awesome power spoke wonders of the world they lived in, and most people would only tremble at the sight, unnerved and nonplused and hoping it never got any nearer. But not Team KV-73, or at least Andy hoped not, because they were heading straight towards it!

The powerful residue of such a massive surge stirred her short hair as she slipped past the new arrivals, coughing politely to get Jake Cross’ attention. “Commander Cross sir, the trucks are prepped and ready to be offloaded to the forest floor, whenever you give the command. We can be rolling out within an hour. Also truck three had extra fuel staged in its trailer, with the chow supplies shifted into the under-hull compartment of truck one, and I removed the inflatable jacket capacity to provide adequate space. It should give us two extra days of fuel time at the least. I gave the order for the change to be made, I didn’t think we’d be crossing any lakes according to the scouting reports, and we needed very last drop of fuel we could get. Anyway I need you to sign the release form for the quartermaster to confirm our trip ticket. There has to be an officer’s signature just in case we all die due to drowning, so he doesn’t get negative paperwork for improper equipment distribution.” Andy held out a small bundle of paperwork and ink pen for Commander Cross to sign, glancing around at the others gathered in close proximity. They were a strange bunch, but Rangers often were. They didn’t adhere to the more formal uniformity and attitude of the typical guardsman, instead appearing very unique in their dress and mannerisms. Andy felt slight trepidation at the prospect of transporting them all safely to the observation site, she hoped for their sake and her own that she was up to the task.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Mataus
Raw
Avatar of Mataus

Mataus Ghost

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'


Reed really didn't know what to think about a couple members on the team. There was the strange woman with her duvari and, if having a duvari as a companion was not weird enough, there was the man who had to be escorted to the treehouse by guards. The Wild World and its strange influence did affect people, and Prophet was an example of what could happen. The rest of the team seemed normal by most means. Spook did have a mysterious side, but that seemed to be it.

Once the introductions had calmed and the group was mostly assembled, Reed felt the event more than he saw it. In fact, he was not looking in the direction of the event even, he was looking in the totally opposite direction. However, something of that magnitude did not occur without everyone in the area knowing. He turned to it and immediately felt awed. It was something you saw in a video game, not in person. To think that they had the mission to investigate its cause and its purpose made Reed feel slightly shaken. This was an extremely powerful showing by someone or something in the Wild World. That thought was worrying, to say it lightly. "My few years flying operations for Rangers and I have never seen something like this. In fact, I don't think I've even had a mission in that area."
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by FallenTrinity
Raw
Avatar of FallenTrinity

FallenTrinity Prying Open My Third Eye

Member Seen 3 days ago

Prophet looked back to Jake as he spoke, glaring as he spoke to him.

"Do yourself a favor hermano, don't ever call me Vargaas.." He took a step forward, nearly in Cross' face.

"Vargaas is dead, hm? He died a looonnng time ago. I'm Prophet...Remember that." His facial expressions were almost overly animated when it came to him. Crazy, demented, it did not matter. This man had lost his sanity a few years ago and it seemed that time did not age him well, the Asylum did not help his situation either. The smirk on his face soon fell into a grimace before returning to a smirk as he backed up, his arms extended to the side as he added a bit of a skip in his step, a je ne sais quoi kind of walk seen amongst gangsters.

"Like I said in the IPE before being forced onto this mission. Best listen to me then. Heheh...Hehehehehehehehahahah...ahhhhhh...Ah chi wah wah, look at the hips on this one! Que tal chica!" He eyed up Isis up and down, biting his lower lip with a smile before sticking his tongue out, the smile remaining on his face. It didn't take long before he took notice to her "companion". He squinted before mouthing out "goddamn" with delight and turned back to Jake.

"At least when we die, I'll know I died with a boner as hard as the Anselmo walls. Oi! gotta couple questions for you!" He raised his hand to get her attention as he walked over to her. Licking his lips as he approached, eyeing her up again.

"Tell me chica, what's a diamond like you doing in a shithole like this, hm? Aside from that, what the fuck do you feed her? My time out in the field I've never seen Duvrai that big unless it was an alpha and even then they're small in comparison." Soon enough he began inspecting the beast. Strong, healthy and very well tamed. The thoroughness he gave Bastet was akin to those "Best in Show" dog shows of the past. Tentative and analytical at least. With a nod of satisfaction he walked up to her side and nodded before walking over next to Jake and sat down on his gear. Eventually another one joined their group, just as gorgeous as the one with the duvari approach but when she apologized for her tardiness he roared in laughter but not for long before falling off his equipment with a "fuck" muttered.

"Everyone! I would like to introduce you to our human sacrifice! If at ANY point we get captured, she will serve for the better good and offer her body to the new gods of this world. You are an inspiration to us all." He smiled and looked up to Jake, knowing that he would frown at his behavior before bringing up his arms up in a "what?" gesture.

Time progressed and soon Their squad leader talked to them about the "event", as he called it. Not a moment or to later, the treehouse lit up with bright light and an audible boom was heard, causing Prophet to turn around, wide eyed with excitement. The sheer power of this event was amazing and honestly, it only hyped up Prophet even more. He sprung to his feet and ran towards the "event", only stopping till he was on the ledge of the base, hanging off of one of several structural supports. A few moments passed and he made his way back to the group with haste.

"So Cross I'm going to let you finish but lemme say something first, okay? okay..." Not bothering to acknowledge wether permission was given or not he spoke up.

"So lemme let you fuckshits know a few things right now. As JC, praise unto him and all that, I am in charge of keeping you alive. Your strings of fate fell into my hands the moment you signed up for this. So get this right okay? I, Prophet, do solemnly swear to uphold a certain number of values and rules within this small squad in order to keep you alive. However, should any of you decide not to isten to me. Then I well gladly open the door for you to the fuck it bucket and let you die; Whether or not it is through the claws of a Ripper Demon or Stryder, Duvari or Leviathan or insanity or all of the above. So, when I say jump-" He jumped.

"You jump. When I say get down...you-" He waited for a response for only a moment.

"Get down...Very good creepy masked thing. He gestured towards Spook.

"If you don't want to listen to me and play fuck fuck then go ahead but I'm not saving you... I know these wilds like the back of my hand. So if you want the comfort in your mind that allows you this virtual sense of sanctuary then buckle-up buttercup cuz your about to listen to a man set free from Anselmo's Rehabilitation Center." He adorned a shit eating grin.

Hidden 3 mos ago Post by 13org
Raw
Avatar of 13org

13org Stay fresh!

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Isis Nasri

Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'


Isis simply kept quiet and listened as Jake greeted her. Even though he seemed to be obviously surprised with Bastet, he wasn't making such a fuss about it. Something that left her rather surprised. Most people when first seeing Bastet made quite a fuss about her size & etc. With Jake, that wasn't the case, something that Isis could respect... After all, he was the 'leader'.

Regarding the other team members, they were certainly... eccentric, but they looked reliable enough, saving for two. Castan, a monster biologist that had just arrived and the unstable Vargaas, or as he called himself... "The Prophet". Each one of them was a vastly different case, and Isis had different feelings regarding each one of them, for various reasons...

Starting with Castan, albeit she seemed to be a sweet and happy girl, but other than that... She was obviously completely hopeless regarding combat and training... Her clothes were nothing like what the other members were using, instead being more of a hiking suit of sorts. Isis knew very well to never judge anything just by its appearance, but the impression Castan passed to that moment was that she was just a biologist without much experience in combat, be it against monsters or humans.

Vargaas, in the other hand was entirely another thing... The first word and impression he passed could be resumed in two words: mentally unstable. From the way he spoke, walked and acted, even the way he overreacted when people called him Vargaas instead of 'Prophet', everything he did until now made every instinct on Isis' body scream to not trust that man.
Unfortunately for Isis, it seems that Vargaas was also interested on her, or better... on her body, as it was evident when he started talking to her. The way he was looking at her was nothing short of harassment. Isis herself didn't have that much problem with others looking at her, but looking at her like that and acting like he was acting was certainly crossing a line Isis herself didn't wanted to be crossed...

Isis stare, from simply analytical and distrustful went straight to hostile, and Isis didn't seem to be the one that was not happy with that situation. Bastet had her eyes fixed on Vargaas, and not on a good way.

"I would like to remind everyone here that Bastet is not in any circumstance 'tamed'. Our relationship is not one of an owner and its pet. I'm part of her pack, and she is part of mine. As such, I would not recommend you to treat her as a puppy... Be warned." Isis said to everyone there, in special Vargaas, as she looked at him with a piercing stare.

"Vargaas... 'The Prophet'... I don't care how you call yourself, but I would suggest you to not look at me with that disgusting and repulsive expression... I'm not a thing to be used by you, and I certainly won't melt in your hands and act as a puppy just after a few compliments." Isis said, getting off Bastet's back and looking directly to his eyes.

"I don't trust you, not even one bit. But unfortunately we must work together on this mission. But don't be mistaken, this is no reason to believe I'm your friend, or your little pet. Try anything funny or approach me without my permission and you will regret it." Isis said, as Bastet started hissing and snarling at him, showing her teeth in an aggressive posture.

As Vargaas sat down near Jake, after his cruel commentary about Castan, Isis looked at Jake with a serious expression.

"Jake Cross... I understand this is a mission and fortunately, or unfortunately, we will have to work together, but if this man tries anything funny with me, I promise you that I won't hold myself, or Bastet..." Isis said, before discreetly looking towards Bastet and giving a discreed nod and walking towards Castan with her.

Approaching the monster biologist, Isis extended her hand towards her with a kind smile on her face.
"Castan, right? I would recommend you to stay away from that Vargaas guy. I don't trust him not even one bit... Are you ok?" Isis asked, referring to the cruel comment he had just made about her.

Before Isis could continue talking, Jake started speaking about the mission and the anomaly they were going to investigate. For Isis, it didn't seem to be that much different from what she has told it would be, a scouting mission, but the second 'The Event' started, she immediately changed her mind.
A pillar of light piercing the skies could be seen on the distance. Even though it was very far away, the light was strong tot he point of almost making Isis cover her eyes for a second and the pressure coming from it was simply amazing, considering how far away they were from the source of the event.

Isis had never seen or felt anything like that before, while certainly curious, she was slightly preoccupied of what they would find at the source of the event. Not enough to make her give up on the mission or her curiosity, but enough to be a bit more careful.

"Ok... that is something..." Isis said to herself, raising one eyebrow after the wind stopped.

Isis was going to talk something, but before she could, Vargaas started talking. To her surprise, who didn't thought it was possible for him to be even worse than what he had already shown to be, he once again surprised her. She was already irritated with him, but that passed the limits. The second he said that their strings of fate fell into his hands the moment you signed up for that mission, Isis started to simply ignore him. She didn't know what was his deal, but they wouldn't have called her there if she didn't know how the forest and how to survive there.

"That is why I hate working with a team..." Isis said to herself, rolling her eyes as she turned to Matthew and Jake.

"Matthew, Jake, regarding transportation, if we will use the trucks or the ship, I will ask you to let Bastet go with me. She will be more comfortable that way." Isis said as Bastet stood behind her with a firm posture, indication that she wouldn't leave Isis side that easily.
Hidden 3 mos ago 3 mos ago Post by Deos Morran
Raw
GM
Avatar of Deos Morran

Deos Morran I am the Adorable!

Member Seen 2 days ago

Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'
Time Till Departure: 1 Hour 22 Minutes


Jake continued to look and address his team as they saw just what brought them all together out here. Despite their differences and obvious impressions there was a certain air that followed that pulse and the still glowing beam of light that pierced the sky, bleeding out enough raw energy to power Anselmo for a year by the looks of it. The air of adventure and wonder that came with the now hidden world. It is what Jake lived for and given the reactions to the rest of the team, so did they. Although The Event brought out some colored sides to more than a few people.

The first to answer to was one of the monster biologists who would be going their team on this. Mostly to catalog monsters they find out in the way Wilds, but also to provide helpful feedback and be a leading force in identifying and properly handling hostile, monstrous life. Though this one seemed to be a little... off kilter. Perhaps not all together for this mission, but regardless he'd gone over her file and she was... eccentric, but easily one of the best in her field. So as she gave a civilian's salute and offered her hand to shake he reach out to return the respect. "A pleasure Ms. Heulyn. Please don't make a habit of it and we'll let this instance slide. But please gather your things and board your vehicle." He started to say turning away from her to address everybody.

Though before he could he was interrupted by Corporal Andy Tabbet, a choice driver and the drive he chose personally to spearhead this convoy and be his driver. Though while interrupted he was not bothered by it at all as she reported increased efficiency and sure more paperwork for him to deal with, but when it was in the name of a well done and provisioned convoy he couldn't have less of a care. Taking the clipboard in hand and signing with a smirk. "Good work Corporal. Report to your vehicle and standby. We SP in 90 minutes." Handing back the clipboard so the she could finish her requisitions before standing by.

Without further interruptions he called out for everybody to mount up, whooping a hand over his head and gesturing for the vehicles that stood on their chain hangers. Ready to go down into danger. THough before he could get all the way through he had another issue to sort through already caused up by the self proclaimed 'Prophet'. To Jake he was just an absolute nutcase. Losing his damn mind and if it hadn't come from the orders of a general he would have left him in the asylum. This time it wasn't anything to do with The Event which almost seemed to have a distracted effect on him, like a kid with car keys... Instead he was racking around telling everybody he was to be listened and heard at all times, gauging their lives to his whims and making a pass at Isis in the same move. The first he could let slide and the second he could as well... but tagged together they were starting to paint a pattern. "Prophet! You were brought on as a Seer consultant for your abnormal gifts, but that does not give you command of this mission nor does it allow you to demand orders and obedience from the team. It all must be earned and so far you've only served to turn most against the idea of our commanding general. SO I ask that you control yourself or..." At that stage he just trailed off as Isis made her veiled threat and to end his sentence he merely gestured to the really angry girl with her really big puppy.

At the close of theatrics though he was quick to reorganize and get his team moving shouting out a stream of orders starting with, "All members of my team get to your vehicle and stage your supplies and gear! We SP in under 90 minutes!" Taking a head into the crowd as the vehicles were adjusting with final preparations and made fit and ready for what they were about to embark on. Gear was loaded, crates upon crates of ammo was loaded and some of which was chambered on the transports just in case they caught a tail or ten. The best part about rolling in a heavy convoy was despite the lack of roads leading to a curvy trail and a bumpy ride, was that they had teh room to carry enough boom to take on the Wild World.

So as things fell into place, time ticked by, and everything moved into where it had to be he went up to his transport, jumping up and leaping into the command seat, checking his last dues before glancing back to see the other key members of his team in behind him. Vitra, Tabbet, Matthew, Castan, Vargaas, Callum, Asta, and Dexter, with an open seat where Isis was supposed to sit. Though instead she insisted on running with Bastet so that gave them some free room. So with a little last minute shuffle one more may be able to move up on the convoy line to better give them an effective mission. "Last checks boys and girls! If you didn't bring it you'd better not miss it! Corporal. Fire up the engines and get ready!" He called out to the cabin, and his driver.

Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'
Time Till Departure: 6 Minutes
1x Like Like
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Oblik
Raw

Oblik

Member Seen 14 days ago

People say that instead of being on time or early, you should be fashionably late. Omar was on the fine line of fashionably late, and about to miss the whole damned mission when he arrived. As his transport began to touch down it was clear there was minutes left until they were departing. He donned his helmet, thanked the pilot dropping him off, and hopped out, approaching his vehicle with all the equipment and supplies he’d need on the journey.

”Commander Cross! Ahlan wa sahlan! Hello! Apologies for my latenes- Ah, where are my manners. I’m Omar El-Shabazz, the Guard assigned to this mission,” he greeted after approaching the vehicle. Without asking if the open seat was to be occupied by another or not (though he usually would, but he was short on time) Omar secured all his supplies and equipment then jumped in.

”Good to meet you all, alhamdulilah. He greeted all the other individuals riding with him. He clearly was a gentle giant, preferring to make friends on this journey than just acquaintances.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Mega Birb
Raw
Avatar of Mega Birb

Mega Birb Blessed Birb

Member Seen 23 days ago



Spook sighed in relief as no one noticed the blood stain forming on her pant leg, and slipped whatever it was she had grabbed back under her cloak. The event soon ended, and Prophet was quick to steal the limelight and proclaim himself as their savior, their guardian angel through this journey. Halfway through, she tuned him out and began to worry if she'd be able to contain herself down the road between him and the extended contact with whatever that event was. She was snapped out of her thoughts quickly though, as the aforementioned madman jumped and stomped on the ground. In response, she crossed her arms and dropped her head into her left hand. "I have a name, Mr. Insanity. It's Spook, and I promise you, it'll be me pulling you out of the fire, not the other way around." She shook her head and paced off to the side, wondering exactly how they'd survive him.

There was good company in the others, however. Isis seemed professional enough and beyond capable, she must've been if a Duvari that size was listening to her, and Reed looked like he had seen his fair share of hot zones. Overall, she liked their odds, even if half the team was there for research purposes.

The call was given for the team to mount up, and Spook meandered for a short moment, patting herself down to make sure she didn't forget anything in the rush. "Sword... check. SMG... check. Pistol... check. Journal... not check!" She looked up from what appeared to be her cloak and scanned the area for it, promptly retracing her steps in her head. She remembered setting it down on one of the crates, and luckily enough spotted it as it was being loaded onto the rear transport. Without hesitation, she jogged up to the container and snatched the book off the top of it, tucking it into her cloak. The enigma then got out of the way as quickly as she had gotten into it, making her way onto a transport and making it a point to slip into a seat beside Castan. "You're our biologist, right? If you need someone to scribe for you, I gladly will." Without a proper introduction, she pulled out the journal and thumbed to the middle of it, opening to a page half-covered in mediocre sketches. The other half had various notes written in small, neat print.

Spook had some time to kill, so she set to updating a page about Duvari. "My name's Vitra, by the way. Everyone calls me Spook, however. Sorry for being so sudden, I've just been interested in monsters for awhile, and you're the first proper researcher I've been able to talk to." She didn't look up from the page as she spoke, though her tone suggested genuine intrigue.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Dusty
Raw
Avatar of Dusty

Dusty The First of His Name

Member Seen 8 hrs ago


Corporal Andy Tabbet


“Roger that sir, see you on in V-1.” Snapping her clipboard down Andy jogged off calling her operators to accompany her. Behind them the team seemed to be getting to know each other a little better, as a few loud mouths began speaking in turn, or maybe out of turn. Either way Andy had a job to do, and she didn’t have time to waste listening to everyone ironing out the kinks in the chain of command. Delivering the signed papers to the quartermaster Andy Tabbet and her fellow operators parted ways, each one climbing into the driver’s seat of the four transports. Andy cleared the space between the suspension rig and the treehouse opening up all the doors to the QRTV allowing her passengers to board. Slipping on her helmet and mask the intrepid Corporal gave Commander Cross a respectful nod as he took the seat next to her. A press of a button later the QRTV’s engine roared into life rumbling and growling like some great hungry beast. Adrenaline rushed through Andy, and she grinned wildly, flipping a few switches on the command board.

“Copy Commander, engines are live. Proceeding drop on your command.” Waiting for Commander Cross’ say so Andy pressed a button on the dash, holding it down until a little light flashed on. “Ahem, attention crew of KV-73 V-1 this is your Corporal speaking.” She called, her voice amplified three times over so that even the man seated in the very back could hear her over the thunderous engine. “I’ll be your operator over the course of this trip. Please be advised I am a professional driver and I have only rolled seven QRTVs in my career. Now if you look out to your starboard side, which you can’t because it’s an up-armored bulkhead and isn’t transparent, you would see the technicians about to release the chains holding us in the air. Once the final safety lever is released we shall proceed to drop one hundred meters, say over three hundred feet in twenty seconds give or take a second. Don’t worry, most of the time that up-armored hull you can’t see through will remain intact. The suspension will catch the vehicle and we’ll bounce. Most of the time. It will still be rather shocking, and might cause mild nausea to the weak-of-stomach. So I advise you hold on, and strap into your seat belt. We should be released any second now…. Maybe…. Almost…. Ah ther-“


Andy unconsciously sucked in her breath as the chains were released and the entire metal rigging dropped from the sky, plummeting downward at a barely controlled speed. The Quick Response vehicle was just that, and the engineers who designed it weren’t interested in slow, safer descents. Still, no matter how many times Andy rode the drop she still hated the sensation of weightlessness that caused her stomach to lurch. Honestly most of the occupants of Vehicle-one probably rode the drop more than she had, and hold their lunch better as well. Being veterans of the wilds and everything.

Sure enough in roughly twenty seconds the vehicle came to a very sudden stop taking all the force on the chains and suspension, and more importantly the giant springs suspended way up high in the tree tops. The occupants barely felt anything besides a strange swishing sensation and the weirdest sort of bounce. For a few moments Andy let the chains swing, allowing the wildest movements subside before hitting the release switch and flooring the gas. The metal rigging opened up swinging away as the wheels spun free, connecting with the ground a heartbeat later. This time everyone felt to collision and anyone who wasn’t buckled in was thrown from their seat no matter how tightly they were holding on. A moment later the chains swung back clanging off the sides of the QRTV as it chugged forward bouncing over roots and fallen logs that cluttered the forest floor. Behind them the three other QRTVs suffered through similar scenarios before falling into formation behind V-1.

“Welcome to the ground.” Andy wheezed, sounding a bit queasy but otherwise cheerful. “Next stop, the wilds.”
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by 13org
Raw
Avatar of 13org

13org Stay fresh!

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Isis Nasri

Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'


Isis almost let out a provocative smirk when she heard Jake's words to Prophet. Apparently, she wasn't the only one a bit... irritated... with the Prophet's behavior. She hoped Jake would be able to control Vargaas' erratic behavior. She didn't know what they would find in the place where the 'event' was going on, but in the worse of cases, things could get pretty bad, really fast, and they wouldn't need someone they couldn't trust working with them. Even if Isis was more accustomed in working alone, it was undeniable that they didn't know anything about that anomaly, and it was better to be prepared.

With that matter (hopefully) dealt with, Jake was quick to reorganize the team as he shouted a stream of orders to those around him. In around 90 minutes they would be going, so he suggested them to get what they needed to and check their equipment. Isis herself already had everything she needed, despite the weird looks she received from others when she said so when wielding only a bow, their looks and commentaries were met with a confident smirk by Isis. Guns were loud, prone to jam and break. They required too much maintenance and were very unreliable, at least on Isis' view. The bow on the other hand was strong enough to pierce even the toughest hide while at the same time, not requiring any maintenance and extremely flexible on how she used it. It also had the incredible advantage of her being able to make arrows and poison them.

"Last checks boys and girls! If you didn't bring it you'd better not miss it! Corporal. Fire up the engines and get ready!" Isis heard Jake saying as the time he gave them to prepare themselves was running out.

"I was already ready the second I got here." Isis said with a smirk and a confident expression, laying down on Bastet's back as she played with the Duvari, tickling her ears from time to time, making her turn her head back and nudge Isis with her nose, protesting.

"See you guys down there. I will take the cargo elevator with Bastet. Will meet you guys in a minute." Isis said, looking to the group as she and Bastet went to one of the cargo elevators.

The elevator in question could be called anything, but it was certainly not comfortable or pleasant. A huge metal platform held by thick chains. She knew it was... probably safe, but it was still incredibly uncomfortable both for her and Bastet.

"Come on Bastet, no need to be like that..." Isis said, looking to the duvari as they entered the platform. It was clear that Bastet did not trust the elevator, as it was made evident by her crouching posture, ready to jump out of the elevator as she looked towards the trunk of the gigantic tree that gave that base it's name. After a few minutes trying to convince the technicians that Bastet wouldn't jump, they finally started their wobbly and uncomfortable descent to the forest floor.

Above Bastet and Isis, they were able to see the QRTV, hanging from chains, just waiting for the final confirmation before being lowered.. Apparently, Bastet and Isis weren't the only ones that would have to go through a quite unpleasant experience... The vehicle, although bulky and certainly well armed and armored, seemed almost to be to big and heavy for the chains to hold.

Isis and Bastet were almost halfway through when they heard a loud noise coming from above them. The QRTV's safety levers were released. The hulking metal vehicle passed through them in a barely controlled speed, hitting the ground and bouncing after the fall was finally over.

It didn't matter how many times Isis saw that, it was still surprising to see how resilient the QRTV was. Bastet in the other hand, albeit already have seen that drop and using the cargo elevator a lot of times before, was still very uncomfortable with that, enough for her to jump down from the platform to the forest floor as soon as it was low enough for her to not hurt herself, landing just a few meters away from the QRTV formation.

"Such a scaredy cat..." Isis said, lightly running the tip of her clawed gloves through Bastet's neck, making her shiver.
In response, Bastet growled and shook her back jokingly, making Isis have to hold on tight to not fall. To those that were seeing them for the first time, Isis and Bastet's relationship was certainly intriguing, as it was almost like if Bastet understood what Isis was saying or what she wanted just by the way she looked at her.

"Stop it!" Isis said, laughing as Bastet stretched herself like a big cat would.

"I'm sorry guys, she is still not accustomed with the cargo elevators and she is a bit excited in being on the forest again." Isis shouted over the QRTV engines to the formation near them. A very big duvari landing near them was surely something that would scare or at least alert the others who were driving the QRTVs, so Isis felt like she owed them an apology for Bastet.

"Ready whenever you are!" Isis shouted once more, with Bastet assuming a running posture. Almost if she was trying to race the QRTVs near her. Isis couldn't help but to laugh. Although Isis was still a very dangerous animal, bred and raised together with her to be a serious hunting companion and a hunter herself, she still loved to play with Isis when she had time to. After all... They were basically sisters.
That was one of the main reasons why people called the Nasri weird and 'eccentric', due to the fact that their bond with their duvaris was incredibly strong and different from the normal.
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by Mataus
Raw
Avatar of Mataus

Mataus Ghost

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Anselmo Date 2353-08-14
Location: The Wild World, Outpost ZT-141, 'Treehouse'


The issue, or at least the current issue, with Prophet had been settled and everyone was 'gearing up' even though everyone already to appeared to be geared up. Final equipment checks he supposed. Reed wondered what Prophet would carry into the fight... The man had been escorted by guards after all. Perhaps the powers he had in the Wild World would suffice. Reed had, afterall, seen many classified ranger missions be accompanied by 'magic' capable individuals who wielded no weapons. In the end, there were seasoned rangers with orders from seasoned commanders leading this mission. Whatever they had planned would be well thought out.

Reed put on his helmet, the HUD feeding him simple information such as time, temperature, and identification tags of those around him (If those are a thing). The equipment would show more advanced data in the future, but for now those systems were offline in order to conserve battery life. He picked up his trusted SMG, a popular choice for pilots who flew far from Anselmo, and stepped into the QRTV with Jake, Andy, and whoever else would join them.

A short wait later and the crew was about to be lowered down onto the ground.
The descent felt more like a diving aircraft than a vehicle being lowered on chains and cables. When they're suspension caught, Reed felt like it was a hard helicopter landing. After a quick jolt, it was over and they became vulnerable. "I'll never forget what it feels like to be down here. In a vehicle or not. Only an insane person would forget."
Hidden 3 mos ago Post by FallenTrinity
Raw
Avatar of FallenTrinity

FallenTrinity Prying Open My Third Eye

Member Seen 3 days ago






Prophet snickered with a cocked head and grinned.

"Listen chicka. Everyone is used by someone else. Think about it. You use Bastet, Jake uses us, the general uses Jake etc. Do I think I can get a heartthrob like you off of a few comments...nahhhh...not a reality. My actions speak much louder and in time you'll begin to like me, or at least see me as a last resort to survival. And as for you-" He turned to Spook his words were short, sweet and to the fucking point.

"We'll see. His expression changed to that of slight contempt. He hadn't worried about whether or not he pack all of his gear. He knew he did. Six double-checks prior to the mission was more than sufficient enough to conclude everything was there. It was when they entered the vehicle and sat down did he quite for the time being. Well, relatively quite until a Guardian joined their ranks.

"Jesus fuck no! I'm not sitting next to the Tinman! Tch..." He began to fidget around his seat until the moment of descent which he screamed out in adrenaline fueled joy. Halfway through the drop he removed himself from the seat and stood up, holding onto the bars above.

"WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! AHHHAHAHAHAHA READY MOTHERFUCKERS!? THIS IS IT! THERE'S NO GOING BACK NOW!! YOUR IN THE JUNGLE BABY! YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!! OWWWWWWWWWW!!!" He let out a howl as they hit the ground, sending him to the floor of the vehicle before the rebound came, launching him face first into the ceiling of the QRTV with a thwack and then a thud. He remained motionless for a moment before his eyes fluttered open. He felt crimson running down his nose and brought a few fingers to his mouth as it dripped and grinned.

"Haven't felt that rush since the Initiative. YEAH BABY! WHOOOO!! HaHa!" He stubbled to his feet but not before falling face first into the seat next to Spook. Looking to Jake and back to his seat he shook his head and made for the porthole above and opened it.

"Fuck this shit. I'm not sitting in this tin box with all you sweaty motherfuckers. I'm getting some fresh air." Despite any protesting he climbed out with one swift motion and sat down, looking out into the brush ahead with a smile. If anyone was to actually peek out, they would see the faint look of nervousness peeking through as he stood up, rifle in hand but low to his side. Braced for sudden acceleration.

1x Laugh Laugh
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet