Hidden 2 mos ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist JK

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

~Suzuka Gozen~

@Crusader Lord@KoL@VitaVitaAR



"Wow, this guy was totally hardcore..." Suzuka only glanced at the book, but she didn't overly care too much about the people here. Wasn't like her to stick her neck out for some random humans...but monster slaying? With a totally admittedly cute guy with terrible pickup lines? Now that was something she could get behind. Running over to Link again as pairs were suggested, Suzuka cozied up next to the Hylian again.

"Okaaaay~" Link seemed to have a bit of an attitude shift after hearing about what was going on. Some sorta heroic type or something? "What's with that stupid look?" Suzuka grinned, one of her ears twitching. "Scared or somethin', pointy-ears? I thought you knew how to use that sword of yours." She laughed. "Well don't ya worry, this JK can handle these cheap monsters any day." That just left the matter of where they were going to be going. None of the places seemed very interesting, so she didn't care too much.

Hidden 2 mos ago Post by VitaVitaAR
Raw
Avatar of VitaVitaAR

VitaVitaAR King of Knights

Member Online

Zeke's fist sent a surprised man(?) hurtling backwards, tumbling end over end with a gurgle as he dropped his pitchfork. The others attempted to divert their attention between both Hibiki and the man, but it was soon proven that didn't matter. The air current from Hibiki's blows hit them like a truck, lifting them clear off their feet and sending them through the air. Many dropped their weapons entirely, the shock of the blow and the sudden impact against the cobblestone streets leaving them knocked completely senseless. In some cases they were entirely unconscious, and none of them remained on their feet afterwards.

For a few moments, most of them laid still, even in their warped states clearly quite aware that whatever had just happened was completely beyond them.

"... This town's cursed..." murmured one, staring wide-eyed up at the sky as he lay near the mouth of an alleyway.

And then...

A clawed, hairy limb lunged out of the darkness, latching onto his body. He let out a surprised scream as he was suddenly dragged into the alleyway, followed by a series of snarls, the sound of bones snapping and blood spraying, flesh tearing and ripping just out of sight. Almost immediately, the still-conscious hunters leaped to their feet and grasped their weapons, seemingly unable to decide whether to focus on the unknown threat in the alleyway or the three figures that had appeared.

"Beasts all around us!" howled one hunter, unslinging a rifle from his back and taking aim at Zeke.

@PKMNB0Y@RolePlayerRoxas@Raineh Daze
Hidden 2 mos ago 2 mos ago Post by PKMNB0Y
Raw
GM
Avatar of PKMNB0Y

PKMNB0Y Archer Inferno

Member Seen 20 min ago

Zeke von Genbu

Between his own punching, Hibiki's punches, and Magilou's aerial assault, the unruly mob was routed comparatively quickly. Without the need to use any Blade Arts, Zeke simply drew back once those who were in the immediate vicinity were rendered unconscious and took a deep breath. He didn't have anywhere near as much firepower as those who he was accompanying, but in this situation that might have actually been the best that he could have asked for.

"Well, they're people of some sort, yes, but I was more asking if you thought we could get them to help in any way. There's a fine difference between panic and madness, and—"

As soon as his eyes drifted towards one of the villagers that had stayed conscious after their earlier assault, they seemed to be dragged off elsewhere. The look that Ursula had on her face immediately caused him to switch back to Pandoria in the interim, sparing the white-haired Blade the gory sight of what had resulted.

"Now, that was considerably less friendly. What sort of madness are we expected to deal with here?" he asked, glancing at the man aiming at him with a rifle before dashing over and landing a kick squarely in his abdomen. "And that? That was just rude. One of your buddies gets mauled, and you're firing potshots at a guy. Listen well, you unruly lot! My name is Zeke von Genbu, known to some as Thunderbolt Zeke!"

With a flourish of his sword, the Driver pointed his weapon at the sky before shooting a bolt of lightning in the same direction.

"Hm. Not sure how that one felt. Well, whatever. We've no time to waste, Pandy; if that was one of the 'beasts' these guys keep ranting about, then we may as well go hunting tonight!"

And with that, he ran off in the direction of the gory mess, being careful not to slip and fall on all of the blood and guts on the ground as he went.

Hopefully, he wouldn't end up getting a bullet to the back as he went.

@RolePlayerRoxas@Raineh Daze





The decision to split up into pairs was made promptly, and with all due haste both groups had made their way off towards their given destinations. While Link and Suzuka had chosen to explore the ruins on the path up to the mountain, Youmu and Nanoha had, given their ability to fly, soared off to the bottom of the cliffside to explore the cove.

The caves themselves stank of rotting flesh and sea salt, with odd, unearthly carvings and coral lighting up the way further inside ever so slightly. Though faint, the sounds of things moving around further in the darkness could be made out over the waves crashing just outside.

A short push further inward would reveal the source of such noises; the bloated corpses of the drowned, wandering about aimlessly as they await the unfortunate few who might soon join them in undeath, and a creatures that seemed more fish than man, patrolling the caverns for intruders that might seek to remove them from their home in the depths.

@KoL@VitaVitaAR


The ruins, in comparison, were dank and musty, with the only accompaniment to the sound of the footsteps of those who dared to enter being the sounds of something else in the distance. The ruins themselves were more crypt than not, though, with the tirelessly long hallways that stretched into the distance without light winding in a seemingly endless array of twists and turns. The occasional remnant of a bygone era—a chest here, a cabinet there—though ruined, show glimpses of what was once a far less ruined estate.

With that said, the sounds of things lurking in the darkness erratically cease, only to begin anew once again moments later.

@Rune_Alchemist@Crusader Lord
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by VitaVitaAR
Raw
Avatar of VitaVitaAR

VitaVitaAR King of Knights

Member Online

Konpaku Youmu


Forming a team with Nanoha had seemed like the best choice at the moment. Youmu could still feel that hot sensation in her chest, the anger at the one who had owned this mansion in the past. She had never once before encountered such awful acts. Utilizing danmaku was, at the moment, farm from her mind. She couldn't pull any punches. She wouldn't dull the lethality of Roukanken. Her swordplay had been conveyed to her both for use in danmaku and for use in battles with every danger unsurpressed.

The cavern was horrible. It smelled like rotting flesh, spoiled fish and salt. The air was thick and heavy. It was a terrible, terrible place, with strange carvings all over the walls.

"... Takamachi-san, I can hear things moving ahead," she asserted. Her phantom half drifted forwards as she spoke. The sounds were quite clearly that of some sort of creature, but exactly what was difficult to discern. Before it could drift terribly far, however, it encountered a terrible sight.

Not one, but multiple animated corpses. Their bodies were bloated, flesh rotted and decayed, some sloughing off of their bodies. It was completely vile. There was some sort of magic down here being used to animate dead bodies... ? It wasn't as if the idea of death was unfamiliar to the short half-phantom, but there was a difference between living in the Netherworld and seeing corpses walking around. And with those bodies...

Strange, squat creatures with contorted, fish-like bodies, carrying short spears and swords. One was already leveling its weapon towards them...!

Youmu's blue eyes narrowed. One hand laid on Roukanken's hilt.

Metal sang as she drew her katana, the length of the sword longer than her height, and erupted forwards without the slightest delay. She cleared the distance between herself and then enemy in an instant, the first of the fish creatures in front of her in seconds...!

Roukanken flashed.

For a moment, it appeared as if nothing happened. Then, it became clear there was a thin line of red across the fish creature's body, from the top of its head downwards.

It then slid apart, both halves toppling apart with an ugly spray of blood.

Spears jabbed towards her immediately after her initial attack, but Youmu deftly sprang back out of range, her other hand swiftly drawing Hakurouken!

@KoL@PKMNB0Y
Hidden 2 mos ago Post by KoL
Raw
Avatar of KoL

KoL Knight of Lorelei

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

"Yes, I can hear them as well," Nanoha said as they arrived at the derelict cove. The rotten smell and disgusting ambient weren't a problem as long as she had her Barrier Jacket on, but the sight of the creatures lurking in the darkness made her pause for a moment and wonder how could the person behind this have done such things and for what reason.

Overthinking would do no one any good. However, Nanoha couldn't bring herself to match Youmu's choices in lethality. Her magic wasn't made to hurt others, but it would still destroy these creatures since they weren't alive, there was no need for her to even consider anything else.

"Take care, I'll open a way through them. The faster we are done here, the faster we will be able to move to the next objective," Nanoha warned Youmu of the incoming bombardment before turning Raising Heart into Cannon Mode, loading up a couple of cartridges and unleashing a Divine Buster, which cut a clean path through all of the opposition and whatever physical obstacles were in their way as well. "Let's keep going. We can't waste time fighting these creatures, Youmu," she urged them forward, still uncertain of how to better touch on the matter that allowing their wits to be lost over this would help no one.
Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by VitaVitaAR
Raw
Avatar of VitaVitaAR

VitaVitaAR King of Knights

Member Online

Youmu lowered her swords as the blast of pink magical energy tore clear through the fish monsters and the bloated corpse. While the bodies of the fish creatures seemed to be intact, the walking corpse was gone completely, vaporized in an instant. Of course, Nanoha was right. It was for the best that they took as little time as they could in clearing these caverns of these awful creatures. But the fact was that she wanted to kill them. They'd taken that girl, hadn't they? They were monsters that demanded human sacrifice, just as the owner of these lands had been a monster who would offer it.

What mattered was purging these caverns of every monster inside them. It was like a youkai extermination, only far more lethal then the ones back in Gensokyo.

"We're here to clear these caverns, as well," she stated, striding past the bodies of the fish creatures as she did, sending her phantom half ahead once more, "I can't say I'm too experienced in something like this, but... these are monsters that want human sacrifices, aren't they? They're the things from the journal."

The small silver-haired girl continued forward.

"They can't be allowed to take any more."

@PKMNB0Y@KoL




The sight in the alleyway was rather horrific. The man that had been dragged off hadn't faced a quiet and peaceable death, one of his legs laying severed and oozing red, blood splattered all across the cobblestone street and the grey stone brick walls. Indeed, there was a clear trail of blood, leading deeper into the alleyway, chunks of meat and shredded clothing marking the path as well.

And at the end of it... There was not just one corpse, but many. Mutilated beyond all recognition, most of them had clearly been partially eaten.

The latest addition to the pile of bodies was still being fed upon.

The creature that had dragged the hunter into the alleyway was now clearly visible. It was a large, black-furred, wolf-like beast, its head clearly canine, but a body oddly human-like as well. It quite clearly moved as if it was crawling across the ground like a man with his limbs splayed out. Perhaps more tellingly, the remains of shredded clothing still lingered on its lean, muscular body. The moment it noticed anyone approaching, it raised its blood-soaked muzzle and snarled.

It wasn't alone. Two other, similar beasts that had been feeding on the corpse pile took note of the intrusion and began to growl too... One was swift to leap to the side, scaling the wall of the alleyway to make a beeline straight towards Magilou!

@PKMNB0Y@Raineh Daze@RolePlayerRoxas
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist JK

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

~Suzuka Gozen~

@Crusader Lord@PKMNB0Y



One of Suzuka's ears twitched.

These ruins were completely not her style. Musty, foul smelling, and dusty. Looked like things hadn't been here in ages. Not to mention the sounds of whatever was lurking in the distance. What a lame place. It kind of annoyed her that she had to be in this dusty crypt - wait a minute. This was totally basically a haunted house like date right?! Maybe she could find some new earrings that had been left laying around, too.

"This place is super dusty." She wrinkled her nose, walking through the desolate, walking ahead of Link as she began poking her head into the various rooms they passed. "You think there'd be something cool left around in these old rooms but so far its just a buncha' junk." She flashed a grin back to Lunk. "Hey pointy ears, see anything interesting?"
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by KoL
Raw
Avatar of KoL

KoL Knight of Lorelei

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Nanoha brought a hand to her chest and shook her head as she heard Youmu's words. That wasn't right. She was trying to avoid saying anything about that, but if she allowed it to go forward for much longer this could end up becoming another sad incident.

"That's not right, Youmu. I can understand what you are thinking but, even if that's the case, even if they really are beyond salvation, there's always another way. Fighting hatred with hatred will only generate more sadness," Nanoha said as she tightened her grip on Raising Heart.

"I know I'm not a good person but, as long as I have this power, I'll do all I can to avoid any more sad stories from happening," she thought.

"For the time being, let's just keep on moving forward. I'm sure that, if we search hard enough, we will find a way to end this without creating even more sadness," Nanoha said as she moved forward and asked Raising Heart to do another Wide Area Search, looking all over the labyrinthine tunnels in front of them. If they were directed here it must be because they needed to either do or find something in these caves. The faster they found it the better.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by PKMNB0Y
Raw
GM
Avatar of PKMNB0Y

PKMNB0Y Archer Inferno

Member Seen 20 min ago

The Cove

Despite the annihilation of the cavern walls, the system of tunnels built into the cliffside showed no signs of possibly falling apart—for better or worse. Though many of fishmen were turned unconscious by the blast and many more drowned corpses annihilated to walk the earth no more, the event seemed to alert those who hadn't been caught up in the initial attack to the presence of attackers. Their cries, raspy and foreign, seemed to bounce around the cavern, though only a few began to (however cautiously) examine the gaping hole in their home without leaving the safety of darkness.

Nanoha's own search would reveal far more than was visible to the naked eye; in the immediate vicinity alone, there seemed to be dozens of fishmen, and the structure itself seemed to extend deep underwater—and possibly, even, into the ocean beyond. More than that, though, the attack from the young girl would reveal something a bit more notable.

A chest, it seemed, had been caught in the crossfire; the lock that had clamped it shut had been annihilated, and a gaping hole was left within to allow access to the treasures inside. Jewels and gems, finely cut and with nary a trace of corruption, sat in a small pile next to a few pages of paper. Stained with blood though they were, the writing therein was more than legible to read.



A few moments later, though, and Nanoha's search would reveal further results: two abnormally dense concentrations of energy of some sort; one sat upon the bottom of the abyssal labyrinth, and the other seemed to be moving further away from those present, surrounded by hundreds of smaller signatures.

@VitaVitaAR@KoL
Hidden 1 mo ago 1 mo ago Post by Crusader Lord
Raw
Avatar of Crusader Lord

Crusader Lord A professional, anxiety-riddled, part-time worker

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Link





This place...it...it was-



-...RIPE FOR THE TREASURE HUNTING!!!

Initially Link had been a tad creeped out by the presence of so many hiding places for things, from chest to cabinets and the like that lied down dark and twisting hallways of unknown nature. The dark and vile feel of it all had been more than reminiscent of Hyrule Castle itself when he'd journeyed into its Calamity Ganon-corrupted depths. Sounds from unknown places chattering about in the shadows, as if enemies were circling around, and the dank and musty atmosphere were utterly nostalgic of his former adventure (albeit this was not the best nostalgia) in these regards to a "T". Link had as such kept his sword and shield firmly in hand, ready for the battle ahead as a vile evil lied beyond.

But no evil could scare him away from the treasure hunt, no matter how macabre! His keen senses kept him aware of his surroundings, but even so he felt the compulsion so strong to find what goodies might lie hidden here.

Since he'd seen the first piece of pottery, Link had begun a looting spree unlike any other as Suzuka had walked ahead of him. Quickly entering rooms, tossing open chests and cabinets and drawers, rolling into pottery like his very genetics compelled him to do with a rousing "HYAH!". Every but of money, or jewelry, or other piece of interesting faire he would find along the way he'd quickly stash away in the deep inventory of his Shiekah Slate for keeping...and hopefully for eventual sale, use, or whatever else made sense for it all. And he did all of this quickly, to make sure he kept up with Suzuka along the way as they walked.

The demon girl would hear a sudden "HYAH!!!" as she looked back, only to find Link not standing in the hallway behind her. The clattering of pottery would follow, along with the creaking of highly aged wood, and after a second the form of Link would quickly appear in her line of vision once more.

"I...have been doing some looking myself," Link said as he was poking his dusty blond head head out of the nearby rotting doorway, before coughing a little into one of his hands as he breathed in some of the dust he had kicked up in his haste. The Hylian then stepped out into the hallways proper once more, dusting the rest of himself off very casually as he walked over to Suzuka with a calm air about him. Albeit, his trademark sword and shield had been been put up in the meantime, "If there is anything good here, it might lie deep in the depths of this place or on the body of some monster. At least, if my experience with this sort of thing back home holds true in this world."

Hidden 1 mo ago Post by PKMNB0Y
Raw
GM
Avatar of PKMNB0Y

PKMNB0Y Archer Inferno

Member Seen 20 min ago

The Ruins

The gold and scant jewels, cut or not, that seemed to fill Link's inventory were comparatively small in number, but notable enough to warrant further exploration. It was little wonder that other rogues and hopefuls traveled to these abandoned lands, if such treasures could be found from a simple foray into these desecrated grounds. That being said, none of them were anywhere nearly as reckless in their search as the kleptomaniac who left no stone unturned, and the resulting noise was alerting those further in that fresh blood had arrived.

The sound of clattering-bone meeting metal meeting stone—soon led to a contingent of enemies, clad in armor and armed with weaponry. A bolt from a crossbow was the first to fly through the air, sailing through the air as a set of soldiers pushed ahead, rust-laden weapons in hand as they attempted to end the lives of the invaders.

Even the slightest amount of light would reveal their nature as the skeletons of the dead, given life to stalk these endless halls for eternity. Despite their undead nature, though, their combat prowess seemed to remain intact, as each strike was made with the conviction of a seasoned veteran; whether or not that would make a difference, though, remained to be seen.

@Rune_Alchemist@Crusader Lord
1x Like Like
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Raineh Daze
Raw
Avatar of Raineh Daze

Raineh Daze Cyberpunk Bartender

Member Seen 23 hrs ago

Hibiki's face was an interesting look as she followed Zeke, by now ignoring the mostly-harmless crowd--mad they might be, but it was also clear that they were nowhere near capable of presenting a threat. Even any potshots taken just deflected harmlessly off her wrists. Her attitude in the alley was clearly dismayed... not as horrified as the girl's disposition would suggest, she had clearly seen a lot more death and destruction than her attempts to make conversation leant towards.

But this was far beyond what Hibiki usually dealt with. The Noise tended to be a lot cleaner, most of the blood came from internal injuries... there had been disasters, but nothing like this. This was undiluted carnage and destruction, perpetrated by monsters every bit as bad as the Noise, even if they were definitely more vulnerable.

Whatever might have been human about the beasts feasting, they clearly weren't any more, and they needed to be stopped, before any of the non-maddened people of this city were drawn into it. And deciding this was about when Hibiki surged past Zeke, the jump taking her beyond the first beast and to the end of the alleyway, fist cocked back and the mechanisms on it shifting, ratcheting back a massive assembly of potential force--

The ensuing punch, and shockwave, reduced the front of half of one of the beasts to something resembling salsa. Possibly still overkill, given the crater that Hibiki, the bodies, and parts of the neighbouring buildings' foundations now found themselves in.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by VitaVitaAR
Raw
Avatar of VitaVitaAR

VitaVitaAR King of Knights

Member Online

Youmu paused for a moment. It wasn't as if she wanted to spread hatred, or anything like that. It was that these creatures quite clearly had no compunctions about killing and other unspeakable things... Their first action when faced with anyone was to attack, and they had been using a bloated, dead human as... as some kind of soldier... it was wrong. So horribly wrong. And they were so close to that decrepit little town that had little to no defenses... The heir to the Konpaku family, the one who followed their school of swordplay, couldn't allow such a thing. While she had been raised as a retainer for Saigyouji Yuyuko, that did not mean she had not been raised to pursue what was right, provided that it did not contradict the will of Yuyuko-sama. But truthfully, the small half-phantom had faith that Yuyuko-sama, no matter how silly she could be, would never pursue anything wrong of her own accord.

For the sake of the people in that village, so they would not have to suffer, so the people who came here would not have to suffer, Youmu had to do everything she could to erase the threat of these fish creatures.

"... I want to stop them from spreading sadness, too..." she finally said, half to herself as she began sending her phantom half forward as a scout once more.

"... What did you find?"

@KoL@PKMNB0Y
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by KoL
Raw
Avatar of KoL

KoL Knight of Lorelei

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

"Don't worry. Actually, I'm sorry for that, I shouldn't be telling you what to think," Nanoha shook her head and said in an apologetic voice after listening to Youmu. Maybe, one day she'll be in a position where she can tell others what to do, but right now she didn't know anything. It wasn't right to try to push her beliefs on others.

"Axel Shooter! Shoot!" Nanoha shouted, casting a spell before she could answer Youmu's next question, sending dozens of homing magical bullets to knock down the creatures that came out of the hole created by the Divine Buster.

"There's another letter and a chest full of gems here. And two big signatures deeper down the labyrinth. One of them is stationary, but the other is moving away. We can catch up to it easily, considering the speed its moving, though," she finally said, after taking a look at the chest.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist JK

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

~Suzuka Gozen~

@Crusader Lord@PKMNB0Y



"..." Suzuka's eyes widened at Link, giving him a look that was halfway between confusion and surprise. What in the name of heaven was he doing? That was...looting, right? But what was with the bad angry sounding shouting? He was way to calm about all of...whatever it was he had just been doing. His explanation wasn't any better either. Was that just normal where he was from?

"Seriously? That sounds super convenient. Like, waaaay to easy - " A clicking noise filled the air. Suzuka spun, Kenmyouren slicing the air in front of her. A metal clang was heard as sword met crossbow bolt, slicing the bolt right in half. "Ahah, talk about rude! A couple undead, huh? What the hell is this lame-o horror show?" Well fine, then. If they were attacking her, then they'd get heavenly punishment worthy of their transgressions.

"Hey pointy ears, looks like we got some freaks here. I'll clean 'em up easily, 'kay?" Before Link could assess the situation himself, Daitsuuren and Shoutouren manifested around her. With a simple motion, the blades flung themselves forwards towards the nearest skeleton. Suzuka leaped after them as they reduced one of the undead to a pile of dusty armor.

"Outta my way, freaks!" Before any more of the undead could react, Suzuka took a graceful step backwards. Gold and silver flashed, her two blades turning to another of the undead, cutting through it all to easily before she thrust Kenmyrouen forwards, impaling its head upon a nearby wall. The only problem was she was now pretty surrounded by the shambling undead. A number of them made a motion to attack - Suzuka jumped into the air, her feet landing on Daitsuuren, using it as a platform to put herself above the undead and completely avoid their attack.

"Annoying!" Leaping to Shoutouren, Suzuka spun back towards the horde, bringing Kenmyrouen down upon the skull of another undead. If Link wanted to say something, now was probably a good time before she reduced all of them to dust herself.
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by VitaVitaAR
Raw
Avatar of VitaVitaAR

VitaVitaAR King of Knights

Member Online

Youmu was silent for a few moments. It wasn't that Nanoha's way was wrong, but just that... ah, she didn't know how to reply. Instead, after watching Nanoha incapacitate the creatures that had appeared, the small, pale girl strode forward to investigate the chest. The letter inside, that had to be something, right? It was possible that it would lead them to just how to handle the entire situation and clear these caverns of the strange fish creatures and the walking corpses. As she carefully cut the lock on the chest and forced it open entirely, the half-phantom ignored the gems in favor of locating the note.

"This could be something important..."

With that, she unfurled it. For a moment, she couldn't understand a single word of the page, but then it shifted into kanji before her eyes. She recalled that somehow, the other people she had met... some spoke Japanese, like Nanoha, but the others hadn't. Somehow, the words had simply registered in her mind as Japanese.

But now wasn't the time to wonder about things like that. Now was time to read the note.

...

By the time Youmu finished the letter, she was shaking. The fish creatures weren't simply monsters that ate people and demanded deaths. They transformed people, robbing them of their very nature and forcing them into these terrible forms. Youmu could feel her hand tightening on Roukanken's hilt.

"... They don't just kill people," she said, finally, raising the note towards Nanoha as she did.

@KoL@PKMNB0Y
Hidden 1 mo ago Post by Crusader Lord
Raw
Avatar of Crusader Lord

Crusader Lord A professional, anxiety-riddled, part-time worker

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Link





Link had drawn out his sword and shield, and begun to help the fox-eared girl by clearing out the stragglers that got close to him. These undead seemed to have some form of fighting skill, but they were far from the likes of a Lynel and its martial skills. He'd killed more of those than he could count in the past! Blows were parried to deliver decisive death blows, arrows were guarded against or outright parried back into the skulls of those firing them, and the Hero of Hyrule was admittedly falling back into his old combat habits as he helped combat the undead once more.

Yet Suzuka seemed to be moving her weapons without the need for hands, unlike before when the two of them had sparred. Though a sword had been seemingly thrown at him before as well. Had that been this same technique back then? Her fighting style was itself a rather odd thing, not that he was complaining right now, but at the same time it seemed to tug at something in his brain, as if...oh. OH!!! If she did that thing again with her swords, and then he used the Stasis function of the Shiekah Slate...yes, that would work very well! Maybe. Kinda. He'd kinda experimented with these sorts of things quite a bit after having first left the Great Plateau.

A lightbulb had gone off in the Hylian boy's head, and a grin came to his face as he called aloud to his ally.

"I have an idea to finish them off quickly! I just need you to come over here a sec, and to get one of those swords spinning in the air and aimed towards...chest height for these things? Yeah, that'll work!" Link said, thinking over the details aloud to Suzuka as he struck down another skeletal foe before him with the glowing might of his holy blade, "All i need to do is use a little something of mine on the sword, and we can mow these things down in an instant!"

Of course a cabinet from a nearby room could also work, but...meh, it was more fragile perhaps than this. A big rock might've helped, but they didn't have one of those either. However, if the eccentric-seeming swordswoman wanted to go with the idea, they'd get to have a fun time with it!

@Rune_Alchemist@PKMNB0Y
Hidden 28 days ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist JK

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

~Suzuka Gozen~

@Crusader Lord@PKMNB0Y



Just before she could jump back into the fray, the not human guy caught her attention. Well, she had no idea what he was talking about. He didn't explain it very well, but...why not. Might as well see what his plan was. She could mow them down with Daitsuuren either way.

"Why not!~" Suzuka grinned. "Show me what'cha got then, pointy ears. Let's see..." Drawing Daitsurren, the gold sword gleamed with otherworldly power as she held it at a horizontal fashion, spinning it in front of her like some sort of death saw, picking up more and more speed until it was spinning to fast for almost the normal human eye to see. "Like this, huh?"
Hidden 26 days ago Post by Crusader Lord
Raw
Avatar of Crusader Lord

Crusader Lord A professional, anxiety-riddled, part-time worker

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Link





"Yes! Alright, this will just take a second!" the Hylian said, glad they had some room for a moment as Suzuka came back to where he was and placed her sword in the perfect position.

The Hylian quickly sheathed his sword and tossed his shield on his back once more, before pulling out the tablet-like device that was attached to his hip. A set of icons rapidly appeared on its screen, as if in anticipation, and without having to look Link quickly tapped one of the icons that looked like a yellow lock as he pointed the tablet-like device at Daitsuuren. In an instant, the sword seemed to stop where it was in mid-spin, as if it had been frozen in time. It seemed covered in a strange, tight yellow aura that began to glimmer and blink from the moment it appeared. Link's tablet seemed to make a countdown-like noise as well, as if...oh.

"Stay on this side, and hit your sword with everything you've got while facing the direction of the enemies! It won't hurt the weapon at all, that aura on it make sure of that, but once the timer on this effect wears off you'll be in for a treat!"

Link seemed equal parts serious and excited as he gave quick and clear instructions to Suzuka. If she but followed his words, and with the strength she seemed to have at that, then this was going to be a very fast cleanup operation indeed. Plus...well...this would also give them much more time for the looting after these guys were mopped up~

@Rune_Alchemist@PKMNB0Y

Hidden 25 days ago Post by Rune_Alchemist
Raw
Avatar of Rune_Alchemist

Rune_Alchemist JK

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

~Suzuka Gozen~

@Crusader Lord@PKMNB0Y



She didn't really know what was going on. Some sorta magecraft? That was the only explanation. So this guy was some sorta mage swordsman?

"Alright, alright, pointy ears...hmm, just keep 'em off me while I do it." She just had to hit it right? Well, fortunately for Link, she could do that quite well. Kenymouren and Shoutouren hit the now frozen in time Daitsuuren. She didn't expect much from the action, but surprisingly the bright yellow energy turned to a bright orange with only two hits. So she kept it up, making sure each, powerful strike of her blades were angled towards the undead shambling towards them. The Aura then vanished, blinking out of existence as quickly as it had come into it.

Daitsuuren shot down the hall, its already fast spinning blade moving faster than even she could keep up with. The golden sword shot down the hallway, ripping and tearing the undead completely in half. Instantly the undead seemed to be reduced to nothing but a mess, their shredded bits being whipped away and clearing a path for them. Reaching the end of the hallway, Daitsuuren slammed it into the far wall, embedding it into the aged stone and almost taking it down with it before the blade shimmered out of existence.

"...woah."
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet