This is where Andy lives, I use this setting for my fanfics, but also as a location to RP in.Location
There is a group of island called the Rorie Islands. This group consists of the following islands: Rhando, Ornitan, Resto, Indelgy and Evoru. The first four islands each have a gym: ground, water, fire and flying. The last island has the arena where the Rorie League is organized.
The biggest port is located on Rhando Island at it's here that ferry from Vermillion City in the Kanto region docks. This is currently the only route in from outside the Rorie islands. Between the Rorie islands smaller boats are used to go to any of the other islands, each island has its own port.
An image of the Rorie Islands:
Below you can find the information about the individual islands and the Pokémon you can catch on each island:Rhando Island
Rhando islands has large forests and plains, a big lake in the center and a rocky area up north with 3 hotsprings and a geyser which erupts every three hours. The Pokémon found here are normal, flying, grass, bug and rock types. By the ocean water types can be found as well. In the forest there is a cave with some bat-like Pokémon, nothing more.
There are two large cities (Mesperit City and Lilan Town) and several smaller villages. In both the large cities is a Pokémon Center, the port is in Mesperit City and a research facility is in Lilan Town.
There is a road between Lilan Town and Mesperit city, there is 1 bus that leaves at the full hour in Mesperit city and at the half hour in Lilan Town. It takes about 20 minutes to travel with the bus, a taxi or a car between the cities (a little faster if it's Andy driving)
There is a house in the forest outside Mesperit city, walking there will take about 15-20 minutes from the edge of the city Pokémon that can be found on Rhando Island
Caterpie+evolutions, Weedle+evolutions, Ladyba, Spinarak, wurmple+evolutions, Scatterbug+evolutions, Hoppip, Aipom, Oddish, cherubi, Shuckle, Pidgey, Spearow, Tailow, Pidove, Fletchling, Rattata.
Zubat & Gligar in the cave
Onix in the rocky area up northOrnitan Island
Ornitan has lots of rivers, lakes, flower fields and grassland. Water, grass, flying and fairy type Pokémon can be found here. There are 3 small villages on the island, only the one with the port has a Pokémon Center. The port city is called Watersleat, the two other villages are called Old Pond and Mollin.Pokémon that can be found on Ornitan
Tropius, Natu, Ducklett, Wingull, Lotad, Pidgey, Azurill, Togepi, Flabébé, Sunkern, Cherubi, Cottonee, Sewaddle, Rowlet.
Under the water gym is a cave where the Pokémon living in the ocean can be found, as well as Froakie. Resto Island
Resto island has a giant dormant volcano, but there are caves with lava-lakes in them. It also has muddy beaches, and some plains. Here you can find fire, rock, ground, electric and dark types. And some water types near the coast. There are two villages, one of them is where the port and Pokémon Center are located. The port village is called Poras, the other is called Stonethrow.Pokémon that can be found on Resto
Aron, Chinchou, Litwick, Wooper, Torkoal, Sandshrew, Houndour, Geodude, Slugma, Sandile, Stunfisk, Magby, Zorua, Tynamo/Eelektrik, LarvestaIndelgy Island
Indelgy island has forests, grass, meadows. This island is home to flying, bug, fairy and normal types. And some water types near the coast. There aretwo small villages, one of them is where the port and Pokemon Center are located. The port village is called Prillis, the other village is called Hilltop. Pokémon that can be found on Indelgy
Swablu, Pidgey, Caterpie+evolutions, Scatterbug+evolutions, Vanonat/Venomoth, Burmy+evolutions, Meoth, Glameow, Skitty, SnubbullEvoru Island
Evoru island is the smallest, with a think forest and rocky underground. There is only one city, called Evoru, and that is where both the port and Pokémon Center are.
Just outside the city is a large stadium. It's not allowed to catch Pokémon on this island, but you may catch Pokémon who live in the ocean.
One noteworthy group of Pokémon is a colony of Cyndaquil. A giant Onix is known to roam the forest.The ocean
Pokémon that swim in the ocean in these parts are: Horsea, Tentacool, Staryu, Lapras, Chinchou, Remoraid, Shellder, Clamperl, Krabby, Corpish, Qwilfish, Corsola, Carvhanna, Wailmer.
Sometimes a Gyarados or Milotic is spotted.Travelling between the islands
There are ferries going between the five islands, there are direct routes between the islands the locals use, and a tourist ferry that stops at every islands.
- From Rhando it takes 20 minutes to go to Ornitan, 30 minutes to Resto, 1 hour to go to Indelgy and 1h30min to Evoru.
- From Ornitan it takes 20 minutes to go to Rhando, 30 mintues to go to Resto, 30 minutes to go to Indelgy and 1 hour to go to Evoru.
- From Resto it takes 30 minutes to go to Rhando, 30 minutes to go to Ornitan, 30 minutes to go to Indelgy and 40 minutes to go to Evoru.
- From Indelgy it takes 1 hour to go to Rhando, 30 minutes to go to Ornitan, 30 minutes to go to Resto and 25 minutes to go to Evoru.
- From Evoru it takes 1h30 minutes to go to Rhando, 1 hour to go to Ornitan, 30 minutes to go to Resto and 25 minutes to go to Indelgy.
The number of times a ferry departs depends on the travel time, the ferry to Evoru will leave every 3 hours from Rhando, whereas a ferry to Ornitan will leave every 45 minutes from Rhando.
Every 4 hours the tourist ferry will leave from Rhando that will make a stop at every island, ending in Evoru and then returning straight to Rhando.The league
Every official gym battle, including the League, will be fought with 3 Pokémon. The League is themed around the four basic elements (water, fire, air and earth), and the gyms represent each of the elements.
While you may use any Pokémon you want to defeat the gym leaders, you may only use the types Ground, Water, Fire and Flying in the actual League. Dual types are accepted as well, but they must have the right types when they fight.
For instance, if Dartrix evolves to Decidueye it loses the type it needs the compete andthe battle is stopped. When this happens the trainer can choose another Pokémon to take its place, but this counts as the same Pokémon. With that I mean that battles are done with 3 Pokémon per trainer, and switching because a Pokémon evolved and lost the correct type(s), doesn't mean the Pokémon lost, so a trainer may choose a 4th Pokémon to take the place of the other Pokémon.
That being said, since Rowlet is native to the islands, they are aware of what happens to the final evolution and trainers can get a free everstone in the Pokémon Center of Evoru when the League is being held.
There is no 'Elite Four', there's just the 4 gyms and the league.The Gym leaders
Other important people
- Ground gym: Henri Tenson (on Rhando, in Mesperit City)
- Water gym: Alana Landrieu (on Ornitan, in the port village Watersleat)
- Fire gym: Liah McLean (on Resto, in the mountains)
- Flying gym: Blake Johnson (on Indelgy, in Hilltop - a village located in the center of the island)
- Professor Maple: a middle-aged woman and head of the research facility in Lilan Town. She is the Pokémon Professor of this region. She has a Haunter and Ditto. There are three 'official starters' that are found on the islands: Cyndaquil, Froakie and Rowlet. But Maple generally hands out what she happens to have in stock.
- Thomas Redcliff: an old man living in the forest of Rhando Island, just outside Mesperit City. No-one knows much about him, but he seems to keep several Pokémon at his house. He's often seen with a Houndoom by his side.
- Charlie Johnson: father of Blake, owner of a general store on Evoru island with his wife Naomi and expert on the Cyndaquil colony. He has, amongst others, a Typlosion.
- Andy Bansing: the most handsome and talented researcher anyone has ever seen! An adult male who has a Butterfree, a Primeape, a Furret and a Noctowl as his team and who is a childhood friend of Henri Tenson. He works for professor Maple.
- Roark Clarckson: A scientist who feels greatly misunderstood and enjoys doing experiments. His pokemon are a Magneton, a Hypno, a Claydol and a Misdreavus