Finally got a fellow sorted out.
Dr. Hartwig Gwerder
Dr. Hartwig Gwerder
- Surgical Investigation on the remains of an unknown creature, at the behest of local authorities attempting to identify it.
- Cult assassination attempts to prevent him from revealing further details of his research to the aforementioned authorities.
- Discovery of an otherworldly ailment that seemingly afflicts more than merely the body or mind, currently attempting to track down its origin.
- Extremely Dexterous, with highly refined minute motor skill control.
- Capable of Defending himself
- University Graduate
- Routinely dresses practically, favoring simple, dull colors attire that won't be missed if ruined with blood or other bodily fluids.
- Is slowly becoming more obsessive in regards to the Occult due to his encounters, though he operates on a strict basis of proving and disproving theories based on observations and surgical discoveries.
- Does not enjoy speaking of God, as the implications are unpleasant regardless of a higher power existing or not.
- Surgical Kit
- Sturdy Cane
- Short Barreled Flintlock Pistol
- Vial of Salt kept about his neck
- Flask of strong liquor, separate from his medical liquor.
- Medical Journal of encountered illnesses, injuries, diseases, and other items of note.
- Born into a well to do German family of doctors in 1795.
- Left home to further his studies in an English university in 1811
- Departs the University in 1815 to return home and take over his dying father's business.
- Establishes himself as an expert, if unusual, surgeon ahead of his time, often times performing autopsies of the dead. Even on the behalf of others sometimes.
- Is asked to examine the remains of an unrecognizable beast in 1825, and his findings prove the thing could not possibly survived in the face of any known scientific knowledge.
- First of several assassination attempt by yellow clad cultists occurs in 1826, after his findings are first reported to local authorities.
- After a fourth attempt on his life in 1830, his younger sister convinces him to depart for locations abroad until things calm down at home and the authorities can track down these assailants.
- Enters Bohemia in 1831, his research into a strange disease leading him there, using his travels abroad to further his understanding of obscure or relatively unknown ailments and afflictions.
- Borderline Alcoholic
- Morally Ambiguous
- Highly Intelligent