"If you're fast enough you might just outrun the devil. Let's ride!"
Elias Evans. Age:
Ghost Rider Color Choice: f26522.
Elias is a well built teenager with a muscular athletic build from his years of sports and training. He has short blonde hair that maintains a usal messy look and a pair of purple eyes that always seem tired. The clothes he wears almost never change, consisting of a plain white T-shirt tucked into a pair of jeans with a black leather jacket over the top. To round out the look Elias typically wears boots and a necklace around his neck that he is particularly protective of.
Elias is unrecognizable however when he does transform with the exception of his clothes. When he first transforms his eyes turn to a burning orange like embers on a hot fire. Seconds after this the very skins begin to peel and burn away until only a skull wrapped in fire remains where his head once stood. This applies to the rest of Elias’s body, though most of it is covered so the flaming skull is typically the only portion people see. Elias rarely speaks in this form, but if he does the voice becomes much deeper mixing with the spirit's voice.
Elias is a serious individual who can be seen as standoffish or unfriendly to most people who first see him. To an extent this could be seen as true seeing as Elias isn’t the outgoing type choosing instead to keep to himself opting to Spend most of his time training or working on his car. Those that are able to get to know him and are considered his friends could hardly ask for a more loyal one, willing to drop everything and drive across the country at the drip of a hat for them.
Regardless of where you fall when it comes to him, Elias is not against people approaching him or speaking with others. However having a spirit of vengeance sharing your body and having sold your soul does affect your ability to be normal around others his own age. Just make sure you don’t touch his car without permission.
There are many people in the world that will use the saying ‘Made a deal with the devil’ though few ever actually think that as a possibility, or that anyone would be stupid enough to do it. Elias however is that someone. Why exactly he would sell his soul as he claims is a secret left only to him, and the spirit of the rider.
The parts not blacked out of his file tell a story of a happy young kid who grew up in Boston Massachusetts with his family in a cozy little home. His Father worked as a police officer while his Mother stayed home to watch over him and his little sister as they grew. For most of their lives they lived the stereotypical middle american life. They were neither poor nor wealthy, just slightly above comfortable and happy with their lot in life. Elias’s father did his best to raise his kids well and teach them right from wrong even as the world around them seems to grow crazier by the day.
To his father credit most of his teachings did the trick when it came to Elias. He got good grades, rarely got in trouble and found himself as a varsity starter on his highschools hockey team. As a reward of sorts for these accomplishments Elias was given his motorcycle on the day he turned 16. That motorcycle quickly became like a second love for Elias who spent just about every moment he could working on it or riding it long into the night. It was none of these late night rides that would change Elias forever.
It was a warm summer night as Elias pulled up to the house to see the front door wide open and a strange car blocking his driveway. A sinking feeling hit his stomach as he rushed inside to witness the horror of what had unfolded in his short absence. His family was sprawled out on the floor covered in blood clearly in the midst of attempting to run before having been gunned down. Elias barely had time to process what his eyes saw before he felt the pain in his torso and his feet were lifted off the ground by the impact of a shotgun shell.
What happened in a millisecond to the world seemed to take ages in Elias’s mind. The image of his family dead plastered in front of him taunting him and mocking him. What was once sadness quickly turned to anger and blood boiling rage as the realization began to set in. But then, Elias heard a voice. A faint quiet voice that asked if he wanted vengeance for what happened. If he wanted to make those that did this pay for their actions?
On the official report the tragic death of the Evans family was ruled a B&E that resulted in not only the murder of the family but also the house being set aflame. The suspects were never found, however three members of the Evans family were found layed respectfully on the front lawn. The son was never found and was presumed to have died in the fire but an unidentified good samaritan was seen leaving the fire on a motorcycle.
- Superhuman Strength - Coming from his divine power the rider is able to use his immense strength to go toe to toe with even some of the strongest of opponents or lift several tons despite his lack of actual muscle.
- Superhuman Durability - Being a walking skeleton the rider is able to endure much more damage than most would. Most conventional weapons have little to no effect on him with bullets simply passing through him and blades simply cutting his jacket (Which he hates).
- Regenerative Factor - This more applies to Elias in his human form as the rider itself rarely takes damage itself. If Elias is injured at any time the spire of the rider will begin healing the wound to ensure it doesn't lose the host it claims to be a perfect fit.
- Basic Hellfire Creation - One of his newer and less refined powers, Elias is able to create small spheres of hellfire and hurl them at his targets. Elias has shown a slight aptitude for controlling this power outside of his transformed state, though to a much lesser degree then it's already basic form.
- Penance stare - Possibly the strongest power any rider ever possesses also comes with the heaviest restriction. Just by being the host of the rider Elias is able to feel and detect the sin around him to an extent. This however is a more directed form of the power that allows him to peer into the soul of one individual. Should the Rider deem the sins of an individual to be true and great he is able to turn the pain and suffering on the person as they feel what they have caused hundred-fold. The main restriction obviously is that this can only be used on those that have committed grave sins however there is another that is surprising to both the Rider and Elias. For some unexplainable reason in order for the Penance stare to work, both the rider and Elias have to agree on using it.
- Ride symbiosis - Elias has a special connection to his motorcycle that has only grown once he accepted the Spirits deal. One of the benefits of this while he is in control of his motorcycle is that it will repair most of the damage it sustains and is able to drive itself to a limited degree. Beyond the motorcycle however any vehicle Elias touches can be transformed similar to his motorcycle.
- Motorcycle: Elias’s pride and joy. A gift from his father when he turned 16, Elias has never been far from it and is his main mode of transportation. Even the rider seems to have grown fond of the vehicle often opting to make it his hell cycle when he transforms.
- Chain: A favored weapon for the rider, a simple chain is quite the important tool when combined with hellfire. It’s main use is to allow Elias to reach his targets that try to run or stay out of his reach. When it is not being used the chain typically is wrapped across his chest and one shoulder.
- In the backseat: Possibly the biggest weakness that Elias must overcome is the simple fact that he doesn't have full control over the rider. While transformed Elias can influence and has a large say in what he does but it is very easy for the spirit to override him if he's not careful. On top of this Elias also struggles with actually stopping the rider from coming out when it wants.
- Rider's power: Similar to the previous point, Elias doesn't have any powers on his own. Sure the spirit of vengeance has enhanced him above the average human in terms of physical attributes. However in the world of heroes and villains his ‘human’ form lacks the kind of raw power that most have at their beck and call.
- Restricted powers: Whether it's because of his relative young age or his constant bouts with the rider, Elias doesn't have the full access to the powers of a normal Ghost rider. With more training and control it is possible that he can unlock more of the powers used to bring vengeance to the world but as it stands the only way to achieve the higher end powers is to give control over to the rider. An idea that terrifies him to his core if he is honest.
- Sin detector: Since making the deal and accepting the raiders power, Elias Is able to feel the sins of people around him to an extent. While most petty issues are unnoticeable, the larger and more evil the sin, the harder it is for Elias to ignore. In some cases the rider has forced himself out especially when the target is related to the original deal.
Issue #0/Testing Post:
“Come on Come on, drive faster, he's gaining on us.” a man with a bandana covering his face yelled from the bed of a truck as it raced through the empty streets recklessly. The two men standing beside him in the bed of the truck kept their eyes scanning across the streets while their knuckles began to turn white from the force of gripping their rifles so tightly.
“Hey I see him. Back there!” one of the gangsters called out as he pointed to the lone motorcycle quickly gaining on the truck with unreal speed. “Give him Hell!” He called before the three of them began unloading carelessly firing their rifles towards the Motorcyclist. Despite the hail of bullets The rider continued his pursuit getting closer to the truck until a chain came flying from his hand catching and destroying the back tire.
With the sudden loss of its rear wheel the truck came to a grinding halt throwing those riding on the outside further up the street. The Mysterious rider came to a much more controlled and intentional stop before stepping off the motorcycle and stepping towards the now injured men. His boot steps seemed to Echo unnaturally through the night air coming to a slow stop beside the drivers door of the truck.
The driver's eyes slowly flickered with life trying his best to recover from the crash that resulted in his head slamming against the wheel. With a groan he sat upright and turned his head to look out the driver's window but paused when he saw Elias’s face staring at him with eyes of burning ember.
Elias’s Fist punched through the glass with ease and grabbed a handful of his shirt. With a stern and emotionless face Elias pulled the man through the now broken window and hurled him across the street slamming him into a light post. Satisfied with seeing the man's limp body drop to the asphalt Elias turned his attention to the last remaining gangster.
For his part the gangster was doing his best to crawl away from Elias hoping to potentially save himself the fate that had just befallen his comrades. “Just let me go please. I… I don't deserve to die please.” The man began to plead, noticing that Elias had set his burning sight on him. “Everyone says that.”
Were the only words spoken as the burning embers in his eyes spread to the rest of his head burning away the skin with an agonizing roar leaving only the flaming skull of the rider. With a final few steps the rider grabbed the man's shirt with both hands clean, lifting him off the ground and staring deep into his soul. “Time to pay for your sins!”
The man's screams only lasted a moment before the deed was done and the rider dropped his body to the ground. The rider took a step back hunching over slightly as if in pain once again. The flames around his skull died down until they had vanished all together and his skin had regrown over the bone returning him to normal. He kept his eyes closed for a moment attempting to relax and relieve the tension in his body.“That's our last ride for a bit I believe. I doubt the doctor would approve of it on school grounds.”
stepping away from the scene Elias whistled calling the motorcycle to his side. The sound of distant sirens began to draw closer. Not wanting to stay for that interaction, Elias stepped onto the motorcycle giving the scene one last look with a hint of penance in his eyes before driving off into the night.