Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 2 days ago

Super Monkey Bros.



@GreenGoat
The duo of apes never expected a foe like Ettamri. Most of the opponents they had faced was far weaker than they were, but this armor clad woman was just as, if not slightly stronger, than they were. Just as the second twin caught wind of the Knightess' raw strength, its brother was already being swung at him at breakneck speeds. It would have normally used its strong legs and tail to propel itself backwards, thus negating the attack, but what happened shortly after was anything but what it had anticipated.

A searing bolt of pain shot through its entire nervous system as Oscar's arrow hit its mark and skewered itself into the Ape's knee joint, causing the brute to fall to a knee...just in time for Ettamri's makeshift club to hit it square in the skull. With a sickeningly satisfying sound of skull colliding with skull, the once pristine ivory of the snow was immediately stained with sanguine life fluid. Finally, one of the accursed giants fell. This was perhaps a turning point for the Silver Moon Soldiers?

The first ape laid motionlessly on the ground, the severe gash on its head flowed out it's precious life blood freely. The seemingly unstaunchable flow rapidly staining the snow beneath it even further. Its twin, however, was still alive and very, VERY pissed off. Even with a shattered orbital and the right side of it's face practically was soaked with both it's and it's bother's blood, it reached at Ettamri with unnaturally quick movements and was on the Knightess in seconds. The giant ape's fists were like warhammers banging down on the knigtess; and while her armor plating and padding did it's best to absorb and redistribute the force behind each swing, the sheer force behind each hit was likely to rupture an organ or perhaps even break a bone the longer she was under the mercy of the creature.

What would the Knightess do under such a brutal and unrelenting pummeling?
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by GreenGoat
Raw
Avatar of GreenGoat

GreenGoat Harmless Flower Person

Member Seen 1 day ago

Still very fast Ape
@Th3King0fChaos

Having taken the shield away from the stalwart warrior, the ape was already howling in victory, not even flinching as the warrior kicked the spear through it. With how fast it was however, the feint upon it did work, but it managed to clip him on the side with a glancing punch. Had it not been for his armor, he would have felt it much much more.

Roaring with surety in its dominance now, it flailed its arms like a whip towards the man, clutching the shield like a makeshift weapon. From how strong the blow was even from a glancing strike, it was suicide to simply take the blows.


Ettamri Belarence


A satisfying crunch, and her heart skipped a beat, a grin inevitably stretching across her visage, thankfully hidden under her helm.

It would be very clear, whether she wanted to or not, that she enjoyed the feeling of fighting, of the sound of the thing's head crunching under her blows. It was enough to lull her for a moment, before the thing launched a flurry of blows upon her. Her left arm, caught in the wrong angle, broke, as the blows snapped several of her ribs in.

But...

She still stood, her right catching one of its punches, before her left unsnapped itself and caught the other. Sucking in some air as soon as her ribs started repairing itself, she leveraged all her strength, pulling down hard as she headbutted the thing.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 2 days ago





The sound produced as one ape's skull cracked was both disgusting and satisfying. But it was still no time to celebrate, the second one had gained a second wind and was on Ettamri in a flash. The sound of its fists banging into her, echoed throughout the area. If he didn't act now, the knightess would surely die.

But in a moment, the tide turned and Ettamri slammed her skull against it's.

Not taking this moment for granted, Oscar notches a Bodkin arrow and sends it flying toward the giant ape like creature's skull; intending to kill this one before it can do anything to retaliate against the knightess.





Super Monkey Bros .



This was it. It would avenge its twin and slaughter the rest of the party and revel atop their broken bodies. It only needed a few more seconds to reduce her organs to jelly and bones to dust. But in the heat of the moment, it realized that something caught one of its arms. What could possibly stop the enraged force it put into each and every strike? It's eyes widened in surprise and horror as he saw the armored hand that painfully gripped it's wrist.

It was the Knightess.

The female knight then suddenly pulled it down and skull connected to steel helmet. The sheer force alone caused it to stagger backwards and howl in pain. The damage done to it's face was catastrophic, whatever was left of it's Maxilla and Nasal Bone was embedded deep into the deformed crater of a face it had left. It was dazed and reeling back. It was about to break.

But it would not break before killing the killer of it's twin.

Its movements were slow and sloppy as compared to the beginning of the fight, but it still managed to grasp the knightess' helmed skull and was to squash it like an overripe melon. Until Oscar's arrow, designed to defeat metal armor, found it's new home in between it's eyes and forced it's head to snap backward. The driving force behind the arrow was so great, that it kept going until the fletched end of the arrow was nestled in between it's brow...but even then it still lingered for a bit. Staggering toward it's fallen twin, and only when it was near the still body of it's twin, it chose to collapse and die.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by ERode
Raw
GM
Avatar of ERode

ERode Meteoric

Member Online

The situation continued to escalate, the death throes of the twin Aboms heard by their brethren, whipping the rest into a fury. With a thump of its chest, the axe-wielding ape kicked off, another white expanse bursting up to practically blanket Muu, before it shot off like an arrow towards Oscar. Slipping past the Brawler, the weathered ape scooped up the spear that had so fully penetrated the shield-bashing Abom and bounded up the hills to descend up Oscar. Blood had to be answered with blood, and a flurry of swings fell upon Oscar: a lunging spear thrust that covered the remaining distance in the blink of an eye, followed by a crushing chop of the stone axe, while the thick prehensile tail of the white-furred monstrosity sought to whip out and wrap itself around the Ranger’s feet.

Things looked similarly dire for Siwon. Though Renauld’s magic had succeeded in stalling the ape’s movements, and the Fiend Knight’s own fleet feet allowed him to dodge easily telegraphed swings, the furious thrower was not without its own bag of tricks. Or, in the absence of true wit, not without its own animal ferocity. The boar spear, far from reaching its mark, was thrown wholly off-course by the open palm of the ape, slapping it aside with a full swing that almost disarmed Siwon just like that. With its other hand, the creature reached out beneath it.

Obnoxious flatulence resounded loud and clear throughout the plains, the stench of beastly refuse hitting Siwon like a physical object. Somewhere nearby, the yellow demon was laughing its teeth out, but only Siwon could hear it. Both the mirth and the warning underneath: that he’d forever be a laughingstock if the ape’s next projectile struck its mark.

Feet still bound by ice, the Abom hurled shit at Siwon with such ferocity that the singular ball broke up into a smattering of dark, stinky pellets.

It was at that moment that Katya burst her head out of the snow, shaking it out of her puffy curls. Looking about frantically at the chaotic, multi-front battlefield, her eyes went from Muu to Ettamri to Siwon to Argen before finally settling onto the silver-eyed Phalanx. “Renauld,” she said, shaking the ice mage by the arm, “We’ve gotta help him!”
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Rondo of Blood
Raw
Avatar of Rondo of Blood

Rondo of Blood a horrible night to have a curse

Member Seen 8 mos ago



An absolutely disgusting smell assailed Siwon's nostrils as his attack was easily deflected. If not for the Fiend Knight inured to rotting smells (though the smell of ape shit is a different sort of horror from that of a rotting corpse), he would surely be disgusted enough to throw up right on the spot. Instead, Siwon quickly let go of his spear with the hand opposite to the direction it was knocked, holding it as tightly as he could with his other hand while he brought his newly free arm to his nose. The Fiend Knight then did his best to leap away from the ape's flying fecal matter, using the momentum of the ape's attack to throw his own body out of the way and far from its reach.

"You dare... cough, cough "... throw your filth at me?!" Siwon exclaimed in anger as he did his best to regain his footing before the ape could break away from the ice and charge him. As soon as his bearing was somewhat restored, Siwon quickly spun over to face the ape, bracing himself to receive any sort of charge from the ape... or to avoid more incoming projectiles. At this moment, Siwon also contemplated the mistakes he made in his last attack, the hounding words (and smacks) of his Master coming slowly to mind...

"... The arms! Stop them from using their arms!" Siwon shouted, hoping his party would hear somewhat clearly. It was his mistake to go for such an ambitious attack earlier, especially with its swift limbs. If Siwon wanted any chance to strike at any vitals, he needed to make those arms a non-factor. No matter how long his reach may be with his spear, it would mean little against the sheet length of the beast's appendages.

Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 2 days ago





The situation played out too quickly. Two of the giant ape-like creatures had died; but rather than demoralize the remaining apes, it only aggravated the situation even further. From the corner of his eye, he could see something close the distance between them in a matter of seconds. Oscar had only managed to turn his head to see that the ape was only a scant few feet away from him, it's eyes filled with murderous intent.

The ranger tried to move his body to face his new foe, but it was simply too fast. With a thrusting spear lunge, it closed the distance to the point that using his bow would only put him at an even greater disadvantage. Oscar quickly took a half step to the side, the spear tip only narrowly missing his hardened leather chest plate. Not that it mattered, the force behind such a strike would render his leather armor as useful as wet tissue paper. He could not afford to let this thing to land a good hit on him. He had to focus all his senses simply to keep up with the beast's erratic barrage of killing blows. Made even harder by the fact that he only had two hours of sleep.

Sadly, focusing on the weapon attacks caused the ranger to let the tail go unnoticed. Only when Oscar felt the tail coil around his ankles he realized how badly he had messed up. "Fuc-" was the only words he managed to get out before the tail pulled him to a prone form. With a plume of snow, the ranger's body fell flat on the ground. Vulnerable to the enraged ape's attacks. This was now the true test for the ranger. Will he succumb to fate and die here? Or will he rise up and triumph? In the heat and chaos of the moment, his mind went blank and a single phrase echoed through his thoughts.

Conquer or Die.

The blood quickens. The senses sharpen. Pain dulls. Time slows. Energy is renewed. Power is given. Many would falter in the face of certain death; but not this one...not today, it was time for Oscar to perform beyond his's limits. Even if he could only maintain this state for only a minute, it could give him the advantage he so desperately needs in this one-sided fight.

Just as another spear thrust intended for his heart is let loose, Oscar rolls to the side and narrowly misses getting skewered as the spear embeds itself deep into the hill. Just as it attempts to continue the unrelenting flurry of blows with an axe chop, Oscar quickly unsheathes his trusty kukri machete and, with almost herculean force, slashes at the ape's wrist. Meeting it just as the axe falls. Hoping that the combined forces and point of choice would outright sever the hand and the amount of pain, in turn, loosens the tail's grip on his feet and freeing his legs.

Hidden 1 yr ago Post by OwO
Raw
Avatar of OwO

OwO what's this?

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

Aw man. All hell was breaking loose. Not that it already hadn't broken loose. Rather than target Muu for a brutal chop, the axe ape had tossed his poo at her and charged down the preoccupied Argen. The panic began to set in as he realized that, save for their brute of a warrior, they were unable to handle the apes. Was this the time to break down and run? Where to? Back to the town where he barely had enough coin to survive another week? Even if he wasn't in harms way, the stress of it all was beginning to get to him. He wasn't to run. He was choking. The cool-headed Renauld who never wanted to stir up trouble was thinking of running away, all because of a couple of shit-flinging apes.

That's when Katya finally managed to wrestle out of the snow. She grabbed and shook Renauld's arm and yelled at him. With her yell came a bizarre clarity; perhaps it was just the stress of battle that he could never get used to pushing him beyond his breaking point. Perhaps it was the voice of a little girl who should never of had to have been here. The reason didn't matter. What did matter was protecting his current party.

Fuck doing anything flashy. Now wasn't the place. He needed to just do his part to support others. Obviously, the apes' bodies were better than most humans. Better than them, at least. That just meant that he had to even the odds a bit. He chanted once more, but with considerably more ferocity. Plus, the apes weren't smart enough to properly space themselves out. In an attempt to attack both Oscar and Argen, they had placed themselves in the perfect spot for Renauld to stop them.

"Endless tranquility of the Zeroth Circle, bestow thine presence upon this plane! Trespassers, halt thine callow movements within the white expanse! Furosutooooo Shyakuruusu!"

Was he doing the exact same move as before? Yes. Did it matter? No. He only had a handful of spells and most of them had weaknesses. Carefully, he targeted his spell in the area between Oscar and Argen. The ice, much faster this time, erupted from the snow and began to envelop the apes feet.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Th3King0fChaos
Raw
Avatar of Th3King0fChaos

Th3King0fChaos The Weird

Member Seen 6 hrs ago


Argentum



Seeing as his kick sent the spear through, he found his plan worked, giving Argen hope he had a fighting chance. Taking the hit as a blessing he came around to try and grab his spear, until he noticed something. An ape sprinted by and his spear was missing as Argen was left in the cold as he now had to fight this fast beast with nothing else.

He finds himself immediately sliding backwards and low to dodge the apes large arm hold his shield. As he takes a stance to start fighting with his hands as he didn't know who was there to help him and he sure wasn't gonna look away to check to see who can help. As Argen is biding his moments as he watches and breaths waiting for the creature to swing wild and throw a hook into the wound and gouge out anything he could. Argen knows he has endurance and stamina, and if he can survive long enough it will bleed out or he will get some aid.

But as if a heaven sent came down as ice froze over the ground and the apes legs, Argen used this chance to stay outside of the apes range and came around its side as he went slightly behind it and tries to swing a heavy hook into the creatures open wound in hopes of tearing out some flesh and organ in hopes of causing massive bleeding.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by ERode
Raw
GM
Avatar of ERode

ERode Meteoric

Member Online

Oscar’s blood quickened, his focus sharpening, but whereas this was a state he had triggered, the Ranger hadn’t realized that this state of heightened awareness was something the ape already had. His movements in reaching for a weapon and drawing it out had not gone unnoticed, and rather than swing down for a crippling axe blow, the Abom reared back instead, swinging its vulnerable arms out of the direction of the Ranger’s draw cut. The kukri whistled through the air, only scant strands of fur caught by that razor edge. And then, Oscar felt his body shift.

With a rib-thumping roar, the dual-wielding Abom leveraged all the might in its body, swinging the prone Ranger around and hurling him…

“Tsk!”

…right towards Muu.

With all the chaos, all the urgency, the Bladedancer, a part of her crimson scarf dyed with brown, had thought that her attempt to strike the Axe Abom while its back was turned would have been successful, but that clearly wasn’t the case. Had it predicted this? Or was there something else that gave her away? Regardless, with a Ranger tossed in her direction, Muu had no choice but to brace herself. The two of them collided, slid back down the hill, but she held strong, her uncommon physique, hardened by six months of brutal life-and-death combat, more than sufficient to withstand the body blow. At the end of it, there was even the shadow of a wry smile on her face: Oscar now laid in her arms like a bride, his kukri thankfully not having embedded itself in her chest during his flight.

But that was momentary reprieve. Even as ice formed over its ankles, reducing the experienced ape’s ability to leverage the entirety of its strength, the contortions of its muscular, flexible body was still sufficient. Sensing a moment of vulnerability, it hurled Argen’s spear towards the two adventurers, intending on piercing at least one of them, if not skewering the two of them in a single throw.

And the Phalanx himself was having his share of difficulties as well. Had the previous blows dulled his ability to think? Had his set of armor, dramatically better than most others in his group, given him unwarranted confidence? Endurance he had, and stamina too, but as Argen danced around the immobile Abom, he failed to realized his folly: all animals could turn. Coming from the side was not a blind spot. Even coming from behind would not have been, not when these monsters had such powerful prehensile tails. And the brawler Abom was especially accustomed to fisticuffs under duress.

It flashed out like a whip. A long, meaty whip that employed rotational force stemming from the beast’s hips. There was a crack of what must have been thunder ringing in Argen’s helmet, before blinding white pain shot up the right side of his head and his entire body felt weightless. Weightless for all of a second before his entire body slammed into the snowy ground, sliding up against the cooling body of one of the ape twins.

He had been backhanded. He had seriously been backhanded a couple meters into the air. And god, did his head hurt. What was a Phalanx, without his shield, without his spear? Nothing but fodder for the beasts.

On the other side of the cart, as the horses began to neigh more and more nervously, Siwon found his answer for help wholly ignored. Renauld’s attention was diverted into baiting Argen into bad decisions, while Ettamri was still in the final throes of her slaughter of the two apes who had challenged her. As the icy shackles expired, shattering into the snow, the freed ape did indeed make its charge, causing the Fiend Knight to coil his legs, ready to leap back further away or to block.

He wasn’t the target though. No, the one that had caught the attention of all the remaining apes was Renauld, the potency of his magic clear despite how they had only been mildly annoying thus far. Pounding on all fours, the ape rushed down the hill, a veritable battering ram of flesh, prepared to smash through all opposition in order to reach the ice-manipulator and tear him to shreds.

In such circumstances, what was one to do?

Stand up to it, of course.

Her robes were long enough to hide her shaking knees. Her hands were too stiff from the temperatures to shudder. Her complexion was naturally pale; being drained of blood from near-panic changed nothing. And more than anything, she remembered.

“A priest is always more than a priest. We are vanguards. We are scouts. We are leaders. We are warriors. Where others fall, we rise up. Where others fall short, we continue on. Understand, Katya. We are shepherds. And no matter what it may mean, we must protect our flock.”

“SIWONK!” Her voice rang sharp as she flourished her quarterstaff, the tip whump-whumping as it gathered up momentum. “LET’S DO THIS!”
Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 2 days ago





The ranger couldn't believe what his eyes were relaying to him. He missed only by an inch. He could practically see the fur he cut off with the kukri float in the air for a brief moment before gravity took effect. Then the bad situation became worse. He suddenly felt his body shift and with a deafening roar, the ape had thrown him off the hill with incredible force. Only using the momentum of its body twisting and prehensile tail. This beast truly was a monster to behold in regards to strength and dexterity. Oscar was airborne for less than a second and a half but, with his enhanced senses, the scene played out in slow motion. And from the corner of his eye, he saw that he was careening straight for the bladedancer. Reacting to this, he did his best to position himself into a better form to lessen both their injuries from the inevitable impact. It somewhat worked as when he crashed into the bladedancer as, not only did she take the blow, she also managed to catch the ranger in her arms and avoid getting stabbed by the 18-inch long kukri machete still tightly grasped in his hand. It was also then that Oscar discovered that Muu had quite the physique; underneath her clothes was pure and hardened muscle...but also something soft. Oscar already had an idea what that softness was but was too embarrassed to acknowledge it. Oscar simply looked at the bladedancer carrying him bridal style with wide eyes as his cheeks turned a brighter shade of red. "Uhh..." was all he was able to articulate before his heightened instincts kicked and his head snapped back to look at the ape atop the hill. Its feet frozen in place, but it was still determined to draw blood with a thrown spear. Without thinking, Oscar quickly pivoted his body towards Muu and knocked her down to the snow but making sure that the machete would not injure them in any way by simply letting it go just as he pivoted his body.

The spear flying through the space they were in a half-second later at such a speed that it whistled in the air before imbedding itself deep into the snowy dirt. Though they managed to avoid getting skewered, they were not able to avoid further unintentional skinship as the ranger laid prone atop her and their faces were a mere two inches away from one another. The ranger's face burned up as he blushed something fierce. "S-sorry." the ranger stuttered as he scrambled off Muu. The sound of flesh striking against metal was the next thing that caught Oscar's attention. One of the other immobilized apes had managed to land a good hit against their Phalanx, leaving him vulnerable on the ground. Oscar looked around and dashed straight to the spear before pulling it out of the ground with post-haste. If he did not act quick enough, they may be losing their Phalanx in a few moments. Turning to face the unarmed ape, Oscar drew forth the dagger he had taken from the goblins yesterday and in one fluid motion, threw the dagger at full force; straight to where Oscar would guess the liver of the creature to be located. Oscar would surely receive the enmity of the ape, giving Argen a window to escape and recover. All the while doing this, he also tosed the spear over the cart to where Argen generally was. Hoping that in doing so, he had made the Phalanx's task of re-obtaining his spear faster and easier.

Hidden 1 yr ago Post by GreenGoat
Raw
Avatar of GreenGoat

GreenGoat Harmless Flower Person

Member Seen 1 day ago

[color=c4df9b][/color][color=c4df9b][/color]Ettamri Belarence


Two defeated, and she collapsed on her knees, gasping for breath.

What happened just now, was far beyond anything she had experienced up until now. But even more so was the hunger, focused on the corpses she felled. Two of them, and with the others preoccupied at the moment.

She snapped to her senses just as she found herself already slipping her mask up slightly, and taking a large bite out of one of the creatures' still warm heart. Far from offending her refined palate, the raw taste of blood, fat and muscle invigorated her, tasting as if it was the finest food prepared by her family's best cooks. Angry, annoyed, and thoroughly disgusted with herself, she nonetheless finished it with gusto, and ripped out the heart from the other with her bare hand, the flesh, muscles and bones posing barely a hindrance to her strength. She hated it, but she knew she needed her strength, and with just a small portion of her face revealed, she was sure she could get away with it even if anyone stole a glance at her right now.

Each bite she took seemed to fill her body with more and more energy, so what if, just for a moment, she took one of those bodies and...

"Delicious isn't it?" The smug knowing expression on the red child sitting a few paces away was infuriating, but one she cannot fight right now. Ettamri was the one eating a still warm heart from a slain foe after all. "Tough, and chewy. Did you know? A human heart is much more tender, soft but still chewy. You deserve more than this, you know? I'm quite sure with a show of strength, you can bring some of those savage tribes here together, and rule over them."

With an angry grunt, Ettamri kicked some snow at the child, who simply disappeared, her laughter ringing in her ears. She had wasted enough time; the others were still fighting, and they will need help with these monsters.

Turning towards where Katya and Siwon was fighting, she grabbed one of the trunks the aboms had been pummeling her with before, and threw it like a lance towards the monster they were fighting. Without missing a beat, she grabbed her club and moved towards them, weapon at the ready.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by OwO
Raw
Avatar of OwO

OwO what's this?

Member Seen 0-12 hrs ago

With his first of his bindings finally shattering, the rock tossing ape began to charge towards Renauld. It wasn't to say that he didn't expect it. Mages were often targeted first by even the least intelligent creatures. What he hadn't expected was his team to be so... ragtag. His party before was considerably more proactive in their fights. The wary Renauld often only had to use his ice magic to limit the enemy's movement, giving them an easier fight. But, there stood the brave Katya and questionably-brave Siwon who stood to protect the ice mage.

Which was a touch emasculating, considering how Renauld stood more than a head above both of them. Still, their bravery was commendable and he would move to assist their attempts at halting the abom. He had decided on his course of action: he was to fire as many of his icicle spears into the gob of the abom. It would slow its advance, Siwon and Katya gave him a great gap, and the multiple icicles would be difficu-

Holy shit, was Ettamri tossing a fucking log?

The sheer absurdity of Ettamri's strength got to Renauld. Instead of laughter, this time, it was more bewildered shock. Change of plans, he thought. Instead of using the icicle spears to damage the abom, he was to use them to get all of the abom's attention. Feet, eyes, hands, gut. Anything that would slow down the abom, he fired.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Skyswimsky
Raw
Avatar of Skyswimsky

Skyswimsky uwu

Member Seen 1 mo ago

The moment poo landed in Muu's face, everything went to shit.

There had been a time where she dodged an arrow from an ambush! And now this!? Maybe it had been luck, or maybe she simply wasn't in focus. Nonetheless, from the moment the monster decided for a rather underhanded tactic everything seemed to work against her. It's attention shifting, there had first been a flying Oscar to take care off. Lighter than she expected, actually, as the ranger was caught in her arms. Yeah, she still had it in. Luck and Fate were for the superstitious, in the end it all came down to skill. Unlike him she didn't share this emotional moment. It was a life and death situation, after all.

Maybe it was thanks to his panic, or maybe he imagined the outcome to be different with a calculated move, but where Muu had carried Oscar just a moment ago, in the next he twisted both of them in a way that the male laid on top of the girl. Quite aggressive, in a way, as the thrown weapon rushed over them moments where they just stood.

"It's okay." She replied, helping Oscar to get off her with only a slight blush this time around. In the end she was still a woman after all. "Focus..." She murmured before quickly getting up in one quick motion, wiping away whatever feces were left on her face before quickly analyzing the situation.

In the short tango with Oscar, most enemies seem to have been taken care of, and the survivors were busy being out-numbered or had a slow tree fired at them. One way or another, they had to dodge the obstacle Ettamri threw at them. And one way or another, Muu's blade would find her way. Exploiting weaknesses and openings, slowly cutting away at the opponents endurance, while gracefully dancing across the battlefield was their way after all. Yet, this time, she wouldn't miss her mark.

These beasts deserved no beauty, and Muu prepared herself to follow up on the giantess ranged maneuver.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Rondo of Blood
Raw
Avatar of Rondo of Blood

Rondo of Blood a horrible night to have a curse

Member Seen 8 mos ago



Damn, it broke free... and it's charging the mage now. By the Jaws, I had one job and I couldn't do just that. I'm better off just running. Just a night's away from civilization, too. All I need is to get my stuff from the wagon and...

... Wait. That sungazing rodent plans to do something after all? Ugh, she's just going to get herself killed swinging that stick around like an idiot. Urgh, can't have two more dead allies on my conscience. Might have it worse than Argen at this rate.

They need my help, and the ape's probably riled up enough for me to go for a killing blow. Just need to be accurate and-

Kur-Inuus' teeth, is that a log?!

Jaws damn it all, the knightess is having a field day, isn't she?! And the Bladedacer's coming to help us, too. I know we look like the softest members of the party, but we sure as hell aren't desperate for help! This was supposed to be my sacrifice, too! If I let them take this kill, I'll just be outed as the most useless fighter we have...

Damn them, damn it all.

Fine! I won't run away anymore!

"Finish off the rest, this one is ours!"

With a burst of speed, the Fiend Knight sprinted towards the Ferocious Fecal Flinger ('FFF'), lunging a quick stab to one of its knees before leaping backwards whether or not his jab landed, spinning his spear in order to hold it in a reverse grip before kneeling down and taking aim.

"By my bloodied hands, you will be delivered unto the Jaws of Death!"

Siwon was not one for such spontaneous heroics. There's a large chance his attack would miss. There's an even greater chance that the Fiend Knight would trip and fall in his footwork.

Even then, if Siwon's attack were to hit its mark, if he was able to land a killing blow on the abom, it was guaranteed that 'Master' would beat his ass with his own spear if she ever found out he even attempted to throw his weapon...

And throw his weapon, he did, aimed right at the beast's head.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by ERode
Raw
GM
Avatar of ERode

ERode Meteoric

Member Online

It was almost unfair, the sheer amount of attacks that were suddenly directed towards the rock-thrower ape. Two little humans with pointy sticks, sure, but then the ice that flew through the air? The log? The little human that rushed out from nowhere and started doing lots of tiny cuts? The log? Then a thrown spear?

It was a lot, more than what the Abom could defend against, more than what the Abom could hope to withstand. Its rushdown was slowed by the five frozen lances that shot towards its body; it absorbed them with its limbs, but the blood still flowed, matting its fur. Turn towards the whump whump of the thrown log, the Abom managed to catch it just in time, the uncomforting snapping of two ribs sounding through the air, as the makeshift javelin slammed into its chest. Muu appeared then, a flash of steel and crimson, but a wide swing forced the Bladedancer back, even as her saber snipped off three fingers. And yet, no reprieve could be found for the overwhelmed ape: Siwon filled in the gap that Muu left, the winged spear slicing shallowly into the knee, a light thrust unable to break through the bone beneath.

But it was enough to cause the ape to falter, and in that moment, Katya, too small to be noticed, popped up from behind it. The creature was tall, yes, but her quarterstaff was tall as well! Twisting her body for a heavy swing, she smacked it hard in the back of the head, just enough to stun it as Siwon’s spear flew through the air!

THUNK!

Tempered steel sank into the soft eye. The Fiend Knight wasn’t strong enough to throw such a weighty spear with any real proficiency, but proximity helped him here, and the ape finally fell back. Now, it was merely a matter of finishing the job. Muu, Ettamri, Siwon, Renauld, Katya. Who will claim that kill?



Meanwhile, Oscar was in the same position as the rock-thrower ape, in that he was outnumbered. His knife throw had been sloppy, the goblin’s dagger poorly balanced for any sort of throw and his own skill wholly lacking, and the knife ended up just clattering hilt-first against the fur of the grappler ape. Renauld’s frozen shackles had expired at this point as well, hardened ice turning to frost as the two Aboms freed themselves from their bonds. For a moment, neither side moved.

“UOULOOO!”

The axe ape stomped up a cloud of snow, a blanket of white swallowing Oscar whole. It wasn’t harmful, but it was blinding, and by the time he wiped the detritus out from his eyes, the rest of the monsters were gone, leaving only large, well-defined tracks in the ground.

For now, it seemed as if the fight was over. All that was left then, was to check up on the motionless Argen, his body still strewn against the corpse of one of the monkey monsters.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Rondo of Blood
Raw
Avatar of Rondo of Blood

Rondo of Blood a horrible night to have a curse

Member Seen 8 mos ago



Siwon was almost stunned in surprise as his shot made purchase, what with the terrible luck he'd assume to have obtained from failing to perform his daily ritual. It was good that so many attacks were made at once against the Abom, though. If not, he wouldn't have likely landed the risky shot that he did. At the same time, he wouldn't make such a risky attack either. In any case, what's done is done, and all Siwon needed to do was retrieve his spear.

Being careful on his approach and prepared to leap away in case the Abom were to make any death throes, Siwon slowly approached its body, grabbing the haft of his spear and pushing it deeper into the Abom's skull in order to finish it off. He kept a foot pressed against its shoulder joint tightly, both for support and in case it tried to move its arm up. Pulling his spear out, the Fiend Knight delivered one more heavy stab into its other eye, for good measure. Twice.

As soon as the kill was confirmed, Siwon walked off towards the cart, paying no heed to the rest of his allies. In spite of that...

"The offering to the Jaws is my share of the loot, in case we were doing any of that. I'll make sure the rest are dead too, then take a look at just how banged up our wagon was after the attack...

"Good work, by the way."


Siwon marched off towards the other bodies, once again returning to his cold and uncaring demeanor.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by GreenGoat
Raw
Avatar of GreenGoat

GreenGoat Harmless Flower Person

Member Seen 1 day ago

Ettamri Belarence


Exhaling, she relaxed her posture, looking around the scene.

"Alright. Well done. Is anyone injured?"

She hefted the club over her shoulders as she gazed out towards the dead beasts. Odd creatures these were, smart enough to try an ambush too. But this at least means they might be getting closer to the springs.

"Ranger, what was your name again? Oscar? Thank you for the help. Now.." She gestured to the largest two apes that had assailed them. "Can you butcher the best part of meat from these animals? Waste none of them. It would be a pity to leave all these behind. See if you can't make use of their skin as well."

Trusting the others to check on the rest, she turned to inspect the wagon. They would move as soon as they have finished up everything here, she had decided.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Searat
Raw
Avatar of Searat

Searat The Aqueous Rodent

Member Seen 2 days ago





As the fight finished and their foes managed to escape, Oscar could feel the effects of the Hunter's Rush fading. The world was getting more and more blurry by the passing moments, his body was heating up significantly from the sudden increase in his metabolism, and he was significantly out of breath. The combined after-effects caused him to lean on the wagon to rest on and catch his breath. His body was hot to the point that the ranger was producing whisps of steam as his body desperately attempts to restabilize itself. He looks to where the brawler abom was and sees his goblin dagger lying harmlessly on the snow. "As expected from goblin crafts." He comments to himself as he finally regains his breath and staggers forward and retrieves both his kukri and dagger. He heard the knightess ask if anyone was injured. "A little sore and tired but both life and limb are still intact. Can't say the same for everyone though..." He referred to the bladedancer and the phalanx that was still on the snow and unmoving. He looks to Katya. "Katya, would you kindly check on our Phalanx? I think he may be hurt or unconscious."

The knightess then spoke to him. "No problem, Ettamri. I'll get to that, but I need to tell you something more important. Further up is a ransacked silver moon caravan. Very much like ours and likely sent with the same purpose. I couldn't confirm if there were any survivors, but it seems fresh. If we can get there in time, maybe we can still save the survivors." Oscar hoped that it was true, he couldn't accept the alternative that he left his fellow soldiers to die.

Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Rondo of Blood
Raw
Avatar of Rondo of Blood

Rondo of Blood a horrible night to have a curse

Member Seen 8 mos ago



After a moment, Siwon stormed back towards the corpse of the rock throwing Abom, avoiding to make eye contact with his other allies. Silently, he drew his ritual dagger, kneeling towards the corpse and slicing off one of its ears. He had almost forgotten to take a trophy of his kill in order to appease Kur-Inuus, though he made sure to take his piece this time around. Hopefully performing this offering will raise his standing with his dark god once again.

"I'd like to take a look at that caravan as well. For no real reason, but it'd be nice to see if we can up our reward if we deliver their share along with ours. Having more bodies on the field would be nice, as well..." Siwon added, slinging his spear onto his shoulder and wrapping the bloody piece he retrieved up in canvas paper to be used later as an offering. Siwon's demon sat on his shoulder, chuckling to itself before smacking the Fiend knight right behind the head.

Maybe you shouldn't waste your time looking through garbage and actually start hunting today, idiot. Heehee...
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by ERode
Raw
GM
Avatar of ERode

ERode Meteoric

Member Online



"Roger dodger!" Katya said brightly, her own hands still thrumming with the sensation of knocking a big ape creature on the skull. Wow, what a weird sensation! She had practiced before on straw dummies, but to think that her first time would be taken by a three meter tall monster of pure muscle and sinew...definitely something to brag about later. The carnage didn't bother her as much as she thought it would either, at least, it didn't seem so. Ettamri was ok, Muu was ok, Renauld was ok, Oscar was ok, and Argen...well, he was going to be ok! Scampering over towards the fallen Phalanx, the little priest leaned over Argen, trying to peer through the mask of blood that coated his visor. Was it just her imagination, or were there a couple new dents in his helm now?

"Hello? Are you ok? If you don't say anything, I'll have to take your helmet off..."

Not that she really wanted to touch the thing. It looked all ugly and dirty and stuff.

"I'm going to count to five, ok? Five...four..."
↑ Top
© 2007-2017
BBCode Cheatsheet