Dark stirrings of a nameless foe whisper within the darkness of the Blackwood. The forest pays little heed, as that is but one of many horrors that lurks among the trees and pathways long forgotten. The Barons in the north battle for supremacy as the undead rise, and Dragons prowl ever more restlessly in their lairs. Are you a merchant seeking to ply your goods in the walled towns and the rare city you might find, or are you a warrior seeking payment for their blade. A mage perhaps in search for ever more power...or are you simply on the run and know that no pursuit would knowingly follow you into the deeps of the Blackwood.
Welcome friends, and well met! I apologize for taking so long to create the OOC, but it's taken a lot of information and planning to make a game that I'm hoping is my most elaborate one yet!
- The Blackwood will be extremely open world for the players. You make the decisions, you take the risks, you set the goals. My role is to respond with the world and give voices to the NPC's and foes around you.
- This means you are to ask me anything and everything in the OOC concerning what you want to do or if you need any more information, unless you want to keep it from your fellow crew mates then by all means DM me. The OOC is essentially where you ask me something out of character for clarification or before you make a decision.
- Usually the answer will be 'yes' but if you're not sure you can roll, ask me in the OOC as well. If I am not immediately available, you can make your post and roll later when I get online, and we can add it to your post.
- I expect everyone to make 'advanced' posts. Meaning 3+ paragraphs, with good grammar.
- In your posts, you will make any regular RP post, and if you are to roll you put the dice you've used (usually a d8) and the result in a single hider below. You title the hider with what kind of roll you've made.
- Do not post a character in the character thread until I give the ok.
- There will be 3 applicants. Accepted, those put on the backburner, and rejections. I will let you know which you are.
- If you don't have any dice, there's plenty of online resources so don't worry.
- The reason this RP is +18 is because I'm a fan of Grimdark settings, so violence and cussing will be around. If a sex scenes comes up with anyone, you either fade to black or put it in DM's. Thank you.