Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Remram
Raw
GM
Avatar of Remram

Remram

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

@Zarkun

Jacqulyn just stared at the young man who was completely stunned or just lost at her manner of speaking. Her eyes narrowed before she developed a look of disinterest as if she saw his inexperience as a trainer and she went back to working like a bloody dervish, her face just inches away from her notes as she scribbled whatever chicken scratch her handwriting was.

The librarian sighed and said, "Uh, I'm sorry, but I should have warned you. When she gets worked up like this, she drinks a lot of coffee and well, you get this..." She motioned towards the living definition of sleep deprivation and caffeine addiction that was completely oblivious to their presence again. "Just tell her what you want. Otherwise, this conversation will just keep going in circles."

Hidden 1 yr ago Post by CitrusArms
Raw
Avatar of CitrusArms

CitrusArms Space Crystals

Member Seen 5 hrs ago

Stella Lumite






"Aah, a museum. A wonderful idea, I think it fits the place perfectly. It'll be something if a shame, though. Whenever that kind of thing happens, it seems like there's always some... Personality lost, in the building or what have you. But, perhaps they'll do it justice." Stella had herself a seat as directed, sitting straight and letting the host take care of her. She wanted to help him, but he seemed able enough, and she got a certain sense of... Stubborn off him, too. She wondered how long his daughter had to argue with him.

"Thank you." She took a sip and savored it slowly, like her mother had taught her. Yes... She could tell it was a black tea, but wasn't sure what had been done with this one. She looked up from studying her tea, and the teacup, to the old man's question, "you have need of a trainer? Certainly. Unless you're one of those intense types, we don't tend to be incredibly busy, right? How can I help? Excellent tea, thank you."
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Zarkun
Raw
Avatar of Zarkun

Zarkun The Vigilante

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Jason Connor






Still stunned by his inability to really understand, he nodded to the librarian and spoke to the woman again, this time getting to his point quickly. "Miss Jacqulyn, I'm here because I understand that you're looking into the stories about the shrine here in the forest and I was hoping to offer my assistance in some capacity. I just...was wanting to know what it was you already knew."
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Joshua Tamashii
Raw
Avatar of Joshua Tamashii

Joshua Tamashii

Member Seen 1 hr ago






@hatakekuro


Amelia was happy that the two little ghosts that had followed her joined party, putting her up to four pokemon now. Two more and then she would be forced to make decisions she was not looking forward to. But those were thoughts for another time. For now, she was going to explore these ruins and see what there was to see and possibly discover down here.

It did not take her long to figure out this had once been a grand settlement of some kind. As she walked along the empty streets, the silence caused her footfalls to seem louder than they really were, echoing through the empty streets. Normal people would've been scared of this sort of setting but for the young spirit medium, this felt almost comforting, save for the sources of malice. She remembered walking through the graveyard on foggy nights, her ghostly friends calling out to her from hiding, their cries echoing through the emptiness. This empty city, despite the possible danger, helped her remember fond memories of that variety.

When she neared the first source of malice, she slowed down, taking her time and watching her step, working her way around anything on the ground that could make sudden, loud noises. When she was close enough, she peeked her head around the corner of a building before quickly pulling back and covering her mouth with a hand to help stifle the gasp that came out of it. She had never heard of a pokemon like that. In fact, she was almost certain it wasn't one. If every source of malice she felt was one of these things, she had to wonder if it was possibly too late to leave. Pokemon she could reason with. This thing, she very much doubted would be the case.

Taking some time to gather herself, she took a second to listen, seeing if the creature was moving before slowly glancing around the corner again, focusing less on the creature and more on the area surrounding it, trying to see if there might be something in the area that might signify why the creature was here. Of course, she also kept track of the creature, ducking back around the corner if it looked like it would look her way.
Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by Sanguine Rose
Raw
Avatar of Sanguine Rose

Sanguine Rose The Author: Alexia Wynd

Member Seen 8 hrs ago


Faye Wrexlyn





Despite how indignant the pompous prick sounded as he shot off demanding, if not slightly nervous, questions the point remained: Tristan was joining her. He'd followed her as she left and even while presenting a front like he wasn't planning to continue traveling with her, he was still following as she backtracked a little toward the forest. Tristan joining her was just as good as her going it alone, though.

"No, no one told you about the disappearances. But yeah, I knew about it and withheld that information because, despite how awful you are at polite conversation and your overall rude physical demeanor to - just guessing but I'm assuming - everyone you've met today aside from Mr. and Mrs. Andersen, I wholeheartedly do not believe you would be abducted by the forest. At worst, we'll get turned back to the wood edge. The only ones that are never seen again are the ones that the forest guardian thinks are too awful to return. I don't think you're actually as nasty as you try to be, and I have a feeling the forest guardian will sense that too."

Faye let out a soft sigh and stopped walking for a moment as she turned to face him. "Look, if you're scared of potentially disappearing or not cool with traveling with me because I didn't tell you something that won't be a problem anyway, just keep going that way - " she pointed down the road past the daycare - "and you'll end up in Florasong. It's nice, and pretty, and safe there. No one will ever know you were too afraid of a stupid legend to try to see what lives in the Forest of Fae.

"I have a plan, so I'm going to go see if I can get in that forest and at least see what pokemon libe there. Fairy-type do live there but people only really see glimpses. But, if we can get the forest guardian to welcome us, we won't get lost or forced to leave. And if it doesn't, I'm coming back here once I find out more about the talisman that supposedly helped ancients enter it and get my hands on one.

"So, what's it gonna be? Gonna play it safe, or are you gonna join me in being the first ones to get proof of what that forest is actually like?
"
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by samreaper
Raw
Avatar of samreaper

samreaper Laughing Imp

Member Seen 5 days ago

Tristan Glory













@Sanguine Rose

Tristan forced himself to maintain a calm composure as he waited for Faye to give a proper explanation regarding the seemingly mythical forest. What he was told proved unexpected that left the rich teen confused and insulted at the same time." Awful? I do not take such referral so kindly and rude? Is it my fault if others can't take simple criticism." Waving his hand dismissively with a scoff.

He said while keeping up that typical smug and confident face but continuing to do so proved more difficult the more Faye carried on with talks of abduction and disappearance.

Then the frumpily dressed girl dared to insinuate that he was afraid followed with suggestion to make for this Florasong instead. The mere notion of being indirectly called a coward made his face go red whether out of embarrassment or possibly about spout his distaste if not for the soothing pat against his cheek from Princess's small paw proved enough to keep from losing his cool.

" You are a cruel one to call me a coward after withholding such unsettling and important information." He nearly spat with a hiss." And besides, these outlandish rumors sound like typical bull told to keep travelers from nosing around too much. I bet this whole disappearance thing is nothing more than a hoax propagated from overreaction of some small pokemon encountered within those woods." Tristan explained in an attempt to rationalize this so-called supernatural event with reason, but the uncertainty and slight hesitation in his tone betrayed the brave face he kept up.

It sounded like a nonsensical story told around a campfire, but what if it wasn't? What if there really was some dangerous forest guardian that snatches up awful people. Such thoughts sent a shiver down Tristan's back as nervous sweat glistened his forehead as he fretted over the possibility of being abducted.

Yet, on the other hand, a chance to possibly encounter some rare fairy or other types of pokemon that are likely to not be found anywhere else proved to be very alluring. Not to mention a chance to find some interesting finding that could aid in getting his name known, especially after having to give up his promotional chance with the ranch case he solved.

The rich teen was clearly mulling it over as he turned his attention back to Faye, his eyes glowering as he recalled what she said.* She's so determined to get rid of me. I bet she wants to get the discoveries and fame all for herself.* He thought while glaring at the girl though not for long as even looking at her horribly mismatch taste and cheap clothes was painful to the eyes.

" Tch, don't think I don't see what you're doing. Truly a nasty girl you are." Giving a flick of his head with a scoff which forced King to flap above his head briefly from the sudden action before settling back down on his trainer's head. After doing so, the nervousness once evident was gone as Tristan stepped closer where he poked Faye on the shoulder twice issuing a challenge." Your little tricks won't work on me. Whatever await within those woods I... *we* intend to get our hands on it." Correcting himself to include his pokemon as well, King flapping his wings with a determined caw to back up his trainer while Princess gave a half-hearted paw pump with a sigh, Ace all the while kept himself hidden against his neck.

" That being the case. As much as it pains me to say this... for the time being we are willing to... cooperate with you. At least until we've left the woods with whatever gains. And there best not be any complaints on who gets any discoveries first." He finished his declaration with one last poke to Faye's shoulder with a smirk across his face glowing from face cream. Pulling his hand back, ready to continue on though not before wiping his finger off against his pant leg. Giving a harrumph at Faye before brushing past her, clearly determined to beat her to the discoveries lurking within the forest.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Lunarlord34
Raw
Avatar of Lunarlord34

Lunarlord34 Totally not a vampire

Member Seen 7 days ago

Stephanie Irwin





At first, the sudden vibration in her pocket was startling. Steph wasn't a complete novice with tech mind you, but she also wasn't exactly an expert. She didn't know that when a message came through that it would suddenly just start squirming around like a Weedle! Bloody oath it gave her a shock! Fumbling around till she pulled out the vibrating piece of metal, Steph would proceed to squint at the screen as she processed Freya's response. Which....route she was going?

....Fuck.

Which way she was going to start her journey off in had completely slipped her mind! Her entire being had been so focused on getting her first pokemon, and then everything else had happened...fuck! Uh...ummm....huh.

Staring at the screen blankly, she fiddled around with the device to pull up a map of the region. She hadn't actually thought far enough ahead to plan out her departure from the city, but better late than never right? Now of course, looking at the map didn't do much for her as she had no idea what the route numbers or the city names meant. But...she remembered something about strange ruins on route 4? Which now that she looked, that should lead to Starbor, which she also remembered hearing something about.

Something about tree climbing equipment? She would have to look into it at any rate. And then further that way was also the Corrupted Marsh she had heard about prior. Well, that settled it then! She was going to head down route 4! She had only really heard of things along this side of the region other than she needed warmer clothing if she headed north; further evidence that heading south was better. Plus, if these ruins were anything like what she had heard, there was a chance of adding another ghost buddy for Dusk as well!

With her route planned in exactly 5 seconds, she texted back Freya once more.

'I'm going to head down route 4. Heard some fun sounding rumours about ruins, agitated wild pokemon and trees to climb along that path! Should be more fun than a Froakie in a glass of milk!'

With her message sent, she would soon find herself at the Grand Glory City park, and inevitably the school as she began her search for a Growlithe. Her aunt and uncle had an Arcanine back on the farm, so she had always wanted one of these adorable little buggers for herself! While she was here she figured she would get some training into Dennis and Vi, backing them up with Dusk if need be before she would go and catch a fire puppy.
Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by Remram
Raw
GM
Avatar of Remram

Remram

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

@CitrusArms

"Oh no my dear. It's just the selfish request of an old man." He just had a sad smile on his face. The years had worn down the man and one could tell the lonely existence that he had endured. There was no other life in this house besides him, no one else. No one helped him with the home, and no one seemed to care about this old man being alone in this dilapidated manor.

The elderly man took a sip of his tea and said, "Can you go to Mellow Grove and leave some flowers for my wife's grave? I... I can't really do it myself. I don't deserve to face her." Quickly, he followed up saying, "Of course, you will be compensated for your time."

It was definitely a bit of a heavy thing to say to someone he had just met, but there was something desperate about the way he said it.

What does Stella do?



@Zarkun

The woman's neck made a very audible crack sound as she swiveled her head back to facing Jason and rushed over to him, getting uncomfortably up close to him. A stream of words running and clashing into each other ran from her mouth like a broken dam though they were undiscernible. Her eyes almost looked more like cartoony swirls of someone that had gone off the deep end.

The librarian that accompanied Jason along was starting to look absolutely sick of this woman's shit and grabbed one of the books laying on the table and smacked her upside the head with it. It wasn't gentle; there was an audible 'THWACK' from the impact. Jacqulyn's head rocked back and forth for a brief second though after a moment of silence, her eyes focused again. She blinked a few times and that manic behavior ceased.

"Ah, um, sorry about that. I believe I lost myself for a moment," she said with clear diction in her speech. Apparently, she needed a hard restart to the back of the head. "As you are aware if you sought me out, I am looking for the shrine of the Forest Deity, the being that gave birth to the forest that we live in today. However, from my research I have concluded that there may be a way to find it. There are possibly other shrines that could lead us to where the Forest Deity's is. The problem is I have only a general idea of where they could be."

She did explain this with great enthusiasm though judging now that she had a sheepish, unsure look on her face it was fair to say that there was a big 'but.'

"I don't have the funding to go do field work or have any skill in battling, so you would have to do this on your own. If you can go out on your own and bring back your findings, I will reward you."

What does Jason do?



@Joshua Tamashii

Luckily for Amelia, it has not noticed her just yet. It just walked around aimlessly; dark trails lingered from its body with every movement it made. For all the negative emotions that she could sense from it, it seemed to be quite placid at the moment. There was something off about this though. Before when she was outside, the sensation she felt earlier was a suffocating, intolerable grasp of her heart and yet, she could tolerate being in the den of malice. She could sense that these things were everywhere, moving about like ants in a colony though nothing was happening.

Off in the distance on the highest plateau was a massive building with an arched roof and various spires protruding from the top. From its windows, there was a faint light with that familiar blue hue that she saw from the ruins on the surface world.

Amelia was free to attempt to leave, but whether or not she would be successful was up in the air. The longer she remained within the ruins, the more likely she would be found by whatever the fresh hell these things were. It was a dangerous situation for anyone to be in, let alone for a little girl that had only just started her journey as a trainer.

(GM Note: You can attempt to escape, but you have a chance to fail now. This is your final chance to turn back.)



@Lunarlord34

Freya just looked at her text and it was written plainly and concisely. Then why was it when she tried to read it, she read it the way that Steph spoke?! The girl sighed heavily and texted back, "That sounds like a plan. It's starting to get late though. Are you going to stay at a Pokemon Center or are you camping out?"

Again, Steph was still on her first day in the first city of the game. The sun was starting to set, and night was going to come up quickly. When she walked to the park, people were mostly going home to either spend time with their families or to prepare for the nightlife that the city had to offer for its residents though nothing that would stand out for someone that just started their career as a trainer. Yup, definitely no more for now. It was as if the city had multiple events meant for multiple different unique individuals to obtain their own rewards and not designed for one fucking person to do them all.

So, Dennis actually had an easier time with his training due to the Blipbugs that were in abundance though needed rescuing when going against literally anything else. Meanwhile, Vi just struggled to get any sort of win given that its stats were really not that up to snuff and needed to be rescued constantly. It soon became a question of who benefitted from the trainer more.

Dennis is now level 8! Dennis learned Quick Attack!
Evi is now level 8!
Dusk is now level 11!


So, after that rather rough bit training Steph would wander around a bit and find a Growlithe just minding its own business. It was just sniffing the ground and digging at it with its paw.

What is Steph's plan of action?
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Sanguine Rose
Raw
Avatar of Sanguine Rose

Sanguine Rose The Author: Alexia Wynd

Member Seen 8 hrs ago


Faye Wrexlyn





Faye's arched a brow when he first poked her shoulder. Again, posturing. Who was he performing for? Or did he think this was really going to make her change her opinion of him? So far, she was still markedly unimpressed.

"Well, for starters, I called you asshole - not a coward. So there's that," she said as she turned and just crossed her arms, watching him walk off without her. "But sure. You go right ahead and do that. I'll hang out in the field with Sage and Tilia, and you can go tempt the forest guardian with that shit attitude of yours."

She shrugged in agreement with herself and summoned out Tilia, who landed on her shoulder with a curious hoot, and Sage, who yipped with a curious tilt of his head before trotting along beside her. There had to be something to this prick that Adriana saw in him that indicated he'd be a good trainer - potentially a champion (though that thought made her stomach roll). For the life of her she was having trouble figuring it out.

For now she regrettably tied herself to this guy. She supposed she was bound to make a bad decision or two her first days as a trainer. It just sucked that being saddled with such a jackass was one of them.

The purple haired trainer sighed softly as she walked with her pokemon. She needed a better attitude for their sake. Tilia had been bristling until Faye stroked her feathers and offered her a soft smile. "It's fine. For as much of a chore as that guy is trying to be, we won't actually let him get hurt," she whispered. Sage gave a relieved yip to match Tilia's hopeful hoot.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Lunarlord34
Raw
Avatar of Lunarlord34

Lunarlord34 Totally not a vampire

Member Seen 7 days ago

Stephanie Irwin





Another thing she hadn't really thought of ahead of time with. With time running out in the day, it was starting to get dark. Now was exploring a region you've never been to in the dark a good thing to do on your literal first day there? Perhaps not. Did Steph particularly care? Not really actually. Most might want to go to the pokemon centre or find a camp for the night, but she didn't really have either cross her mind. Mostly because she was currently in the park grinding a bit more, but this was a very real issue she will have to confront. And she would confront it the only way she knew how.

By simply powering through like the champ she is.

But for now, her attention was drawn in by the cute little fire pupper she had come across. Look at the little tucker, just pawing at the ground! It was absolutely adorable! Well, suppose it was time to try for a quick capture at any rate so she can get out onto route 4 quicker.

So her plan was pretty short and simple, she would use a combination of Dusk and Vi to get it low and paralyze it with Nuzzle before going to catch it in a pokeball. She would also learn this way if it had flashfire as its ability, because she would use a combination of ember and astonish with Dusk, just obviously more astonish if it had flashfire.
Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by Remram
Raw
GM
Avatar of Remram

Remram

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

@Sanguine Rose@samreaper

"Miss, I won't charge you for that. The only thing I want from you two is to be safe. Get along now and remember, stay away from that forest," said the old man knowing full well that their youth would lead them to ignore his advice.

Once they finished their business, they walked and talked away from the Day Care and frankly, it was a miracle that Faye didn't just walk away from the abuse that Tristan hurled at her. Well, she did withhold the danger that the forest posed, so his anger was justified in this case. However, his overwhelming pride superseded his sense of self-preservation and made the declaration that they, though specially he, would solve the secrets of the forest and take whatever spoils they would find without even asking what Faye knows.

He strolled on ahead while Faye decided to watch from a distance to make sure that the rich boy didn't get himself stolen into the forest famous for making people disappear from existence.

Eventually, Tristan would eventually get close enough to actually be of walking distance to the foot of the forest. Mist rolled out in whisps through the branches and trunks of the trees. There was something off; it felt like there was something watching him from inside the forest, judging him. Of course, it was nonsense. A hoax! He said it himself after all, so he'd look quite foolish if he backed away now just because of some silly superstition 'to keep travelers from nosing around too much.'

Of course, Faye was not too far behind as she kept an eye on him. She had the same feeling that something was watching her too, judging her. She could always try to stop him if he tried to enter the forest, but would be able to in time?

What do they do?



@Lunarlord34

Catching the unsuspecting pup by surprise and quickly was able to get it into a ball. Totally not because the GM wants to get the remaining player out of the starting zone.

It rolled once... it rolled twice...it rolled thrice!


Your team is full. Would you like to swap Pokemon?


Now that Steph had done everything that she could possibly and did all that she wanted, it was time for her to fucking leave the city. Knowing her, she'd claim that sleep was for the weak and instead of resting like a normal, sane person she would decide that she would march through the streets of Grand Glory and its emerging nightlife. Eventually after all of her walking, after passing by increasingly smaller, less grand buildings that became sparser the long she went, she would eventually reach a clearing.







Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Zarkun
Raw
Avatar of Zarkun

Zarkun The Vigilante

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Jason Connor






"I'd be happy to help in any capacity I can, miss. Any particular suggestions on what to look for?" Jason was eager to get started, hoping to maybe add helping to solve one of the great mysteries of the region as well as becoming the region's champion when the time came.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by samreaper
Raw
Avatar of samreaper

samreaper Laughing Imp

Member Seen 5 days ago

Tristan Glory













@Sanguine Rose

The remainder of the trek to the forest proved to be a quiet and uneventful one. An unexpected surprise to Tristan who was expecting Faye to fling back his challenge with her own. Besides the harsh insults she directed at him, his mood proved quite high. The reason for said mood? The prospect of traversing some so called taboo and dangerous forest where they might put an end to such rumors and talks and by, they, of course he meant himself mostly.

A chance to conquer some supernatural forest as a beginner trainer would do wonders for his image and reputation and to have a witness (and one who could assist him on top of it) only made such a venture all the more enticing. A good chance to prove to this frumpy dressed girl that he was not just some nobody asshole. On Tristan went, strolling with a confident stride with King fluffing his chest with pride trying to match his trainer, whereas Princess lacked their energy; opting instead to sigh with her face covered in her paws due to her trainer's any lack of tact.

Then they arrived and upon stopping a step before the entrance did all Tristan's confidence melt upon laying his eyes on the ominously mist enshrouded opening leading into some dark wooden unknown. Yet, it was that sense of spine tingling sensation of being watched that left the teen turning almost ghostly pale.

His eyes widen in uncertain fright as he gazed into the opening, where he could not help but shake off the feeling that he was peering into the maw of terrifying beast lurking somewhere within.

Within seconds beads of sweat glistened his forehead as his body gave off a rather strong vibe of fear, of which Princess could not possibly miss or ignore." Riou Lu lurio?" The bipedal canine murred out with concern followed by some encouraging caws from King.

Ace, however, who had been hiding before had now crawled its way under Tristan's shirt collar.

Were it any other time, Tristan might have chastised the scared bird for stretching his shirt's collar, but was too busy staring at the entrance blank-faced.* Oh god..fuck this place!* He screamed internally; if not for Faye looming just off behind him, the terrified teen would only be running like his life depended on it.

At this moment he wanted nothing more than to turn around and flee, though having issued such a challenge made doing so impossible. Not if he wants to save face.* This was a mistake...this was a big mistake! Bloody hell!* After a mental stringent of cursing did he stop to take a deep breath to try and settle down enough to figure out his next plan of action, all while struggling to keep his body from visibly shaking.

* Shit..shit ok, think! I can figure out a way to get through this and with luck I can get out alive without being seen as a coward.* Having shifted to a thinking pose to give the impression he was observing while mentally was on the precipice of a panic attack. Tristan had once again found himself in such an unfavorable position, in thanks to letting his heated emotions and wounded pride get the better of him.

His fingers gently drummed against his chin; an action done purely to keep his anxiety from spiraling out of control.* Ok, yeah. There is no way I'm gonna be able to do this..at least not on my own. And my team...as awesome as they are simply lacking the power to ensure their or my safety*

This was really bad, for now he was left with only two options. To turn tail and prove himself the spineless coward to Faye or go into the woods and likely die.* Come on...think, man! You can't let some downtrodden girl see you as such a pathetic louse, but...god forbid I ask for her help!* He covered his eyes with his left hand where he shifted to hide a frustrated groan and brief sobbing whimper.

A sharp intake through his nose.* Wait! Perhaps there is something I can do. A way to get um..shit what was it again? Froyo?! No, that can't be right but there is a way to get her to join and take the lead without having to directly ask for help.* Nodding his head with a small pleased smile; an idea having come to mind.

A few seconds later, Tristan would clasp his hands together then rub them together while clearing his throat." Right! Well, now that we have taken a firsthand look at this forest I have come to a realization." Turning around to face Faye as he spoke.

" As we can both recall the challenge I had issued you a short while ago. After some thought and seeing how the entrance reveals a far more dangerous feel than previously thought which one can excuse my foolish haste having not been to these woods before." His voice maintained a steady calm tone though with small cracks in his voice here and there. Clearing his throat once more before carrying on." As such, I have been woefully unfair to you Fr- miss!" He quickly moved to interject himself." Yes..seeing as how we lack any further knowledge or map which assuredly leads to getting lost. I think it prudent for us to set aside the challenge...at least for the time being and aid each other. For neither of us could possibly hope to venture in alone with how inexperienced as each of us are, so I propose a temporary...alliance. And when comes time that whatever discovery is found and depending on the situation, we can settle it through a friendly battle though I might add doing a bit of scoping and training around here might do us wonders first. Some brief training and rest then we can...venture inside. Surely this sounds beneficial for both parties that could possibly lead to both of us getting some rare pokemon and or discovered treasure."

He finished his offer proposal with a nervous chuckle which he tried to play off as a cough." What do you say, Miss?" The corner of his mouth twitched as he waited anxiously and nervously for Faye's answer.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Lunarlord34
Raw
Avatar of Lunarlord34

Lunarlord34 Totally not a vampire

Member Seen 7 days ago

Stephanie Irwin





Damn right sleep was for the weak! She still had things she wanted to do before the day was out! Even if she had to stay up almost all night, she was going to go find those ruins! At least, until she felt like passing out. Then she might set up a place to sleep, but only then! Until then, she would power through. With her new friend added to the party, she would make her way through the passing cityscape and onto Route 4. Almost immediately, she felt way more at ease upon entering the route. She far preferred the openness of the wilderness and the outdoors to the cramped and enclosed nature of the bigger cities. With a feeling of liberation descending upon her, she would simply look to go and find those ruins she had heard the rumours about.

She wasn't sure if she would find anyone else wandering around at night to ask for directions, but if she did she would. Otherwise she would just make do with trying to find it herself!
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Sanguine Rose
Raw
Avatar of Sanguine Rose

Sanguine Rose The Author: Alexia Wynd

Member Seen 8 hrs ago


Faye Wrexlyn





Walking silently to the next destination was the absolute best thing that could have happened. Faye wasn't interested in any more chatting with the prick. No, no, she chided herself. The guy clearly wasn't from the region, had some kind of image to maintain from his own region, and didn't realize nobody gave a shit who he or his family were. There was also the little fact it was majorly apparent he was in over his head with this whole being a trainer thing. So being a prick was probably his coping mechanism for being uncomfortable and trying not to show it.

The point remained, however, that it was far better they did walk without talking to each other. What would they talk about anyways? How much of a douche he had been since they got their starters? How much he doesn't know about this region and its history? Would be more useful to just go over fundamentals with him: explain different pokemon diets, proper grooming for different types, and other basic concepts that would help him improve as starting trainer with basic moves before his pokemon start getting into advanced techniques. But, that would require him to be tolerable.

Faye's pensive mood changed when Tristan stopped before the forest path. She stopped as well, peering beyond him at the mist pouring forth from those woods. Sage hesitated, tucking a step back behind her as Tilia ruffled then resettled her feathers. Neither seemed too interested to get much closer and she couldn't blame them. It wasn't exactly the kind of place she figured most would want to go. At least the guy wasn't stupid enough to go marching straight in. If he was that brazen - she wasn't sure she would have been able to run fast enough to make sure he was okay after he got through the first row of trees.

She had prepared a snippy retort to the start of his little speech, but his quick coverup to refrain from calling her frumpy again caught it up in her throat. She blinked and just listened, trying to swallow down her surprise. Was he...trying to be nice? Now that was a first. The prospect of foolishly heading straight into the unknown in a region he knew little about just to get one up on her was obviously enough to scare him if he was rescinding his challenge to propose they work together instead. Partners until a discovery then battle to see who gets to claim it? What did she have to say to it?

"No." She blinked as she looked from him to the forest then back to him. "Okay, so let me expand on that. If it comes to a discovery - no, I'm not going to battle you for the right to claim a discovery. First of all - you wouldn't make any discoveries about the forest if it wasn't for me even suggesting you come with me to do it, so if you want to continue to join me on the adventure into it, you can at least agree to sharing credit like I was going to do. But yea, for the rest of it - we can train if you think that will make you any better equipped at venturing in. Until you change that attitude of yours though, I think you'll have a tough go getting far in that forest even if you do train up."

She looked at Sage, who nudged her leg. He yipped softly then nudged her again. The purple haired trainer sighed and looked back at the city boy across from her. "So, I think the better compromise is: we start fresh. Proper introductions, bit of respect, and move on equally from here. You're not from this region and don't seem like you did much homework on it, whereas I'm from here and I know a decent amount about points of interest and where I grew up. Seems like you benefit more from the deal given you're not exactly bringing much to it aside from just traveling company. Then, when you're attitude is better and you're ready to handle the forest, we can do it together with equal credit to anything we discover in there. How does that sound?"
Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by Remram
Raw
GM
Avatar of Remram

Remram

Member Seen 4 hrs ago

@Zarkun
"Well, to be honest the only thing I am fairly certain is that there is a shrine in the Deep Woods though I could never confirm it because it's too dangerous for someone with no Pokemon to go wandering around. Perhaps you can find some clues there to find the other shrines if it even exists," explained the studios woman. Obviously, if she were a trainer with any bit of skill then there would have been no need to rely on a relatively green trainer. Not like she had any choice at this point though.

Jacqulyn fished around her cluttered desk of notes and off-brand Pokemon Starbucks (Staryubucks? Gardbucks?) and handed him a leatherbound notebook and a blue pen. Opening the pages would only show clean sheets of lined paper.

Jason obtained Notebook!


"Take careful notes of any observations you deem important. Now if you excuse me, I need to get back to work," said Jacqulyn, but as soon as she sat down her head hit the table and the entire library was filled with the foghorn-esque sound of her snores. Sleep had finally got its grasp over her and was now trapped in the land of nod.

The librarian just absolutely sick of this shit turned to Jason and said wearily, "She's always like this. Can I help you with anything else or would you be on your way?"

What does Jason do?







@Lunarlord34

The instant Steph reached Route 4 cool fresh air filled her lungs, a reinvigorating sensation after spending her day mainly around the exhaust of cars, the brining sea air of the port, and the inhuman stink of the sewers. It was quiet by comparison with only the local wildlife breaking the silence of night. Perhaps this was a bit of whiplash for her given she had been surrounded by crowds of people all day, but it was also a familiar comfort. There were plenty of nights like this back on her family farm in Galar though the only difference was that for the first time in her life she was on her own.

However, it was unlikely that she would be dwelling on that train of thought. Her sense of adventure fueled her desire to find the ruins, which led her to see if there was anyone at this time though she did find some random guy setting up a tent off to the side.

"The ruins? Uh, yeah they're down that way." They pointed towards the river. "I wouldn't venture too deep though. The place gives me the creeps."

They really weren't that hard to find. They were located by the river that flowed through the route. The remains of the ruins were mainly stone constructs such as moss-covered arches, intricately carved grand gates that were now partially freestanding with some connected to walls, pillars in various states of disrepair with the remains of some laying on their sides, and various places that may have once been buildings. Of course, there were the aforementioned free-standing walls that looked like they were part of something once, but now confuse people with their strange markings where the occasional Yamask would pop out from one of the walls though the ghostly energy that came from the ghosts differed to what was in the ruins.

Steph had no idea about the history of the region or any insight beyond the fact that people lived here. It was up in the air whether or not she even cared about the history behind it and just was more excited by the fact that she could explore something old and could fall on top of her at any moment like a kid in a jungle gym. If she felt like it, she could explore even deeper.

The ghost-types, Golets and Galarian-Yamasks, were watching her with great curiosity though did not approach the wildfire girl.

What does Steph do?





Hidden 1 yr ago Post by samreaper
Raw
Avatar of samreaper

samreaper Laughing Imp

Member Seen 5 days ago

Tristan Glory













@Sanguine Rose

Tristan stood there anxiously waiting to see what Faye would have to say to his suggestions for what the pair could do. The spoiled teen listen as Faye spoke with sense and reason but most importantly was her suggestion to postpone entering the forest at this time. As much as he hated passing up the chance to not only find and try to capture some possibly rare pokemon but also whatever might be hiding within its mysterious confines.

Faye seemed like a sensible and competent person that knew what she was doing and kind of top of it. Everything that Tristan was not; not only that, but he found it off-putting and suspicious having learned to not trust a kind person and a competing rival particularly so. To anyone else, this girl seemed easily trustworthy and friendly enough though Tristan viewed it as some sort of ploy.* Just what is this frumpy chick scheming? Surely she is up to something...no one helps strangers just for the sake of it...* At least as taught to him by his father to view everything and everyone like a business.

* Whatever your game is, I'll discover it and make you regret looking down on me and underestimating me.* His thoughts as he eyed and studied Faye closely trying to figure out her aims.

For now though he figured it best to play along and try this whole being nice thing. Better to keep your enemies closer as his family always said." Hm... yes I suppose postponing and saving this forest for a future date would make for the best course of action. Especially so considering the reactions our mons are currently experiencing." Glancing at his mons to see each of them, even Princess was tense and trembling from whatever unseen force was maybe observing them? Though whether Princess's was due to feeling everyone else's hesitation and fear or just her own genuine fear was difficult to say.

Peering through the entrance to the woods where a continuous ominous and foreboding presence could be felt lingering in the air. A sensation that would terrify any rookie trainer; a place made for the experienced adventurers and idiots who would be lost or by some dumb luck make it out.

After enduring another unpleasant cold shudder through his body, Tristan turned back to face Faye. Unsure of what looked more terrifying...the deadly forest or his traveling associate's clothes.

Giving himself a moment longer to think before clearing his throat." And I suppose you wish to as you say.. start fresh, yes? I suppose with excitement and hunger along with..other hardships that it had slipped the mind to introduce myself." Shaking his head laughing for his own forgetfulness." Apologies for depriving such an honor for you stand in the presence of Tristan Glory." Pausing there and holding for dramatic effect and to let it sink in before continuing on." Yes, I know but now to introduce my team." Motioning his hand towards each as he introduced the three sitting on his shoulders and head." The lovely Princess which you've met of course." Princess let out friendly happy bark with a wave of her furry paw." And this here is King, a born champion this shiny Murkrow." King held up his right wing and let out a small caw as the magenta-colored bird stood atop Tristan head in a similar fashion as a royal might with a smug little nod to follow." Won't be long before this fine bird is recognized among all trainers and finally for now meet Ace who will surely one day become exactly that." He introduced each of them proudly with a smug grin, almost as if bragging on the rare mons his team consisted of, the torchic especially.

Said torchic made no attempt to stop hiding and instead, after taking a single peek at Faye had let out a scared cry and ducked back under his shirt collar." Ahem, mind I did say one day. Ace here is simply...adjusting to being off the ranch so do not mind him." He said with a dismissive wave of the hand; uncertain if Ace will ever grow out of his cowardly nature which was cause for concern but a matter to set aside for the moment.

Once Tristan succeeded in prying Ace out from his shirt he remembered." Ah, yes. And you are?" He asked in an indifferent tone while petting Ace to comfort the trembling bird.* Trying to be all buddy buddy with a rival feels wrong, but just wait and I'll take you down.* Tristan thought with a quick sly glance at Faye before turning his attention back to his mons who have all gotten excited in different ways following the introductions.
Hidden 1 yr ago 1 yr ago Post by Zarkun
Raw
Avatar of Zarkun

Zarkun The Vigilante

Member Seen 1 hr ago

Jason Connor






Shaking his head at the way the researcher proceeded to pass right the fuck out, Jason faced the Librarian, excitement churning in his belly. "Do you happen to know the area she's referring to? I was in the Deep Woods earlier, but...I gotta be honest, the number of webs and Ariados in there was impressive, even with the Scyther returning to the area. Or maybe an old map of the paths before Cipher messed things up?" Jason knew where he could go in with relative safety, though he was fully aware that he would want to remain vigilant for more Scyther looking to take him off the census when he got there. In fact, might not hurt to train up the team some, make them ready to throw down with whatever is waiting in the Deep Woods...

After getting an answer, and maybe a map, Jason would go out to train his team up before heading out to the Deep Woods to find the shrine that the professor had said was there. He would start with Slayer and just work through the team from there.

(Auto-train the whole team. Have Occisor wear down a Beedrill with Quick Attack and try to catch it when it looks weak.)
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Sanguine Rose
Raw
Avatar of Sanguine Rose

Sanguine Rose The Author: Alexia Wynd

Member Seen 8 hrs ago


Faye Wrexlyn





Excellent, they were going to skip the forest for now. It was best, given how both teams seemed shaken to go in much less how amateur Tristan skill came off despite all his posturing. Maybe this would give her time to go back to King's Cross, or maybe stop by one of the other towns' libraries, and see if she could find a lead on that talisman she remembered reading about in that one lore book she read. It had been poetic dribble so she hadn't given it much thought, but maybe it was the way. Some regions had their ancient talismans that helped would be trainers best otherwise insurmountable odds. At least that was how the story went.

Shit, was he monologuing again? She supposed a fresh start meant actually introducing themselves to each other, but by all that was above...this guy love to hear himself talk. It took all her control to not physically roll her eyes and huff at the attempt for showiness not only the puss of a trainer displayed but the arrogance his Murkrow did as well. Honestly, his one saving grace was that Rilou. How he got that, she didn't want to ask and deal with another droning sermon of how awesome he was and everyone else sucked; that would absolutely cause her to revoke her invitation to travel together. So, ultimately, how he managed to get Princess would have to remain a mystery. At least she knew exactly how he got his Torchic. He could try to brag about that all he wanted, but from what she saw he'd metaphorically tripped over someone trying to give away the Pokémon. (Given how much of a coward Ace was, she wasn't entirely certain her assessment was entirely wrong.)

She waited a moment after he opened the floor to her, arching a brow as she waited to make sure he wouldn't butt in. Of course, he seemed to be fully content to not even pay her any mind so was an introduction really worth it? Whatever. He'd just forget her name anyways. But at least she could give their Pokémon the benefit of the doubt they might care. "Welp, I'm Faye Wrexlyn. This is Tilia, and this is Sage." She motioned to her Rowlett and Eevee when she mentioned them; Sage gave a cheerful yip while Tilia raised a wing with a hoot. "So, yeah, we'll continue on to Florasong, then. Route 2 takes us out of there and I was planning to continue on to Rheinvale then north along Route 8 to cut through Frostford and Route 9 to get to King's Cross. Hopefully my egg will hatch by then so I can show my dad the Larvesta. But, if you decide you don't want to follow me up that way, then we can part ways on Route 2 where it connects to Route 3, or in Rheinvale." If I don't ditch the jackass sooner.

Okay, so, introductions were done. Why the hell did she want to travel with him? Oh yeah, because traveling in pairs would be more fun than just traveling alone. Boy was he aiming to make her regret it. She hadn't been to Florasong in years, she only remembered the tourist bits about it, but she knew it was big enough that she could probably just lose him among the crowds if he became unbearable. She'd just have to hope he didn't get some cocky plan in his head about how he could brave the forest without someone to stop him from getting lost forever. That was future her's problem though.

"Right, so we don't need to be waiting around outside the ominous forest while a guardian stares at us...." And that was how she was leaving it. She just turned and started on her way back toward the main path, and furthermore to just continue on down it on her way to Florasong. Yes, there were pokemon along this route - ones she wanted - but it wasn't until just then she'd even remembered she'd skipped a stop at a Pokemart before leaving Grand Glory. Of all the things she didn't see a point in telling him, she certainly didn't want to admit she only had a grand total of 4 pokeballs, all of which were her starting set, on her. He already looked at her like she was trash, she wanted to keep the upper hand of clearly knowing more than he did about being a trainer.
Hidden 1 yr ago Post by Lunarlord34
Raw
Avatar of Lunarlord34

Lunarlord34 Totally not a vampire

Member Seen 7 days ago

Stephanie Irwin





Thanking the man for the directions, she would continue onwards toward her current designation, the ruins, very much enjoying the cool, crisp air around of her. It was making her feel way more at ease, maybe even a little nostalgic and homesick for a moment as it reminded her of home. But she wasn't one to really dwell on the loneliness aspect of her journey for too long, besides she wasn't alone! She had Dusk, Jack, Vi, and the rest of her pokemon with her!

Speaking of pokemon, she took note and stock of the pokemon around her. Though it was obviously hard to see in the failing of just gone light, she could make out the outlines of moving Geodudes, she could hear the quacking of Duckletts. She made a note to get a Geodude at some point but considering her team was full? She was in no rush. Same with the Goletts and Glarian Yamasks she could see populating the ruins. She definitely wanted a Golett at one point, but once again she was in no rush to catch one. Instead, her curiosity about the old, decrepit ruins kept drawing her further and further in.

And while yes, she didn't know about the history of the region, of the ruins themselves. She barely knew a thing about the region in general after all, but that was half the fun! That was half the reason she even accepted the chance to take on the Gym Challenge here! A new region, with new challenges, new adventures to be had, new memories to make, and new things to learn! Steph had always been a curious child growing up, and it had never left her. Plus, there were chances to learn about what happened to her parents here as well! And who knew, maybe there was even a clue here? It would be right up her parent's alley honestly.

So with those thoughts in mind, she would starve off any remote thoughts of setting up camp and push on further into the ruins. With none of the mons around her keen on coming near her, she in turn didn't really show much interest in approaching them. Though she would gladly fight any that wanted to brawl, but she was just more interested in finding out what some people found so odd and creepy about the place. Like, surely there was a hidden entrance or something which led to something secret or ominous or scary that kept creeping people out right? Or maybe there was just simply an entrance to take her further in in general, and it would lead her to an aggressive ghost pokemon that she could fight! The possibilities were endless really, but she would only learn by venturing further and further in and seeing how far she could go.
↑ Top
© 2007-2024
BBCode Cheatsheet