“Why hello ladies. You need some help paying for those drinks?”
Name: Elias Joranis Ordo
Appearance: Ruggedly handsome with a five o’clock shadow, crystal blue eyes and sweeping brown hair. He stands at 1.7 meters tall and weighs about 68kg. He typically wears tan pants, dark brown boots a dark red shirt and a lighter red jacket over it when he’s not in his armor.
Force Sensitive: N
Beskar’gam: While many Mandalorians wear the armor of those that came before, part of Elias’s proving of himself was to forge a suit of beskar’gam for himself, something that was neither quick nor easy. Having been forged from scratch, the armor takes on some of Elias’s personal preferences and is much more rounded than traditional Mandalorian armor. It’s helmet is outfitted with a full 360 degree viewing camera as well as infrared and magnetic sight modes and a built in long-range communications device. The left arm bears a wrist launcher and wrist mounted flamethrower.
- JT-12 Jetpack-A compact jetpack allowing for high amounts of mobility. It also features a MM9 Rocket System, which Elias only uses in emergencies, as he’s typically paid to get the shipment to a location in one piece.
- Wrist Mounted Weapons-Elias packs a single wrist launcher on his left wrist, which is armed with a rocket launcher, flame thrower, and dart launcher. He only uses knockout darts.
Black Nebula Heavy Blaster Pistols-Elias always carries his twin Black Nebula Heavy Blaster Pistols, no matter what he’s wearing. They’re heavily customized to allow for a quick draw and decent penetration, along with uncanny accuracy for dual wielding.
Vibrosword-Elias picked up how to fight with a vibrosword long before Clan Ordo adopted him and it’s his weapon of choice for close quarters combat, especially when faced with a lightsaber. It’s core is black when activated.
- Various Equipment-On top of his stable pieces of gear, Elias carries a variety of other odds and ends in pouches on his belt, ranging from spare power packs, of which there are about twenty, to a couple of fragmentation grenades and cryoban grenades.
XS Light Freighter-While this particular model of ship, which is called the Nightengale Eclipse, is considered highly outdated, the previous owner, a Kel-Dor who lived far longer than he should have, kept it in tip-top shape and upgraded it as needed, making it one of the fastest ships in the galaxy. Elias has kept it in top condition as well and it even has room for extra crew should he ever want it.
Between being on the hyperspace lanes from a young age and being adopted into Clan Ordo of the Mandalorians, Elias has picked up a wealth of skills:
- Mandalorian Training: Since joining Clan Ordo, Elias has learned numerous forms of both hand-to-hand combat and ranged combat, along with advanced training in sword combat. He was no slouch before, but now he’s a lethal weapon, armed or not.
- Charismatic: Due to the nature of his original and current profession, Elias has learned how to speak with such a silver tongue, the people listening sometimes wonder if THEY’RE the ones lying or mistaken. It’s also helped pick up beautiful women and relieve the rich ones of their credits. All the same, this man can talk himself into and out of trouble in the same breath.
- Ace Pilot: Having been in space for so long, flying a ship is something this smuggler can do with their eyes closed. He’s survived firefights with Imperial Star Destroyers and outmaneuvered entire squadrons of TIE fighters.
- Quick Reflexes: Being a smuggler, sometimes negotiations go wrong. When this happens, it pays to be able to pull your own blaster faster than the other party and be able to find cover in a short time. Elias has mastered this to the point where he could probably do it in his sleep (not really but exaggeration is a smuggler’s tool).
- Luguist: Due to the nature of smuggling, he speaks and understands a number of different languages, but is still learning how to speak Mandalorian, so he's not the most fluent at it.
- Swordsman: Elias was taught by the old Kel-Dor to fight well with a sword, just so that he wouldn't be helpless if someone kept him from drawing his blasters. He actually enjoys it, unlike most other smugglers.
- Overconfident: Due to a number of things, namely how successful he’s been as a smuggler, Elias is overconfident and approaches every situation like he’s already won..
- Core World Accent: Despite spending years in the Mid-Rim, Outer Rim and Hutt Space, when Elias talks, it’s not hard to know where he’s from thanks to his accent.
- Distrusting: Having been a smuggler since he was young, his capability to trust anyone who he doesn't know well is basically non-existent. The numerous double crosses he's had to deal with growing up hasn't helped any to fix this either.
- Inexperienced Leader: His whole life he has operated as a loner, except in the rare cases he’s had a partner. So finding himself in the position of leader of an Enclave on a planet outside his comfort zone is a big change that he’s going to have to rise to.
Motivation: Proving himself as a proper Mandalorian and leader.
History: Elias Joranis is the son of two no-name industrial workers on the planet of Coruscant, the famous “center of the galaxy”. What the people who advertise Coruscant as this wonderful place don’t tell everyone else is that if you live anywhere but near the top levels, life is hell. His parents worked long hours to and earned crap for money while their son was forced to live as a pickpocket and con artist to pick up the slack. However, he found that swindling the rich to provide for his family was not only fun, but it felt right. All the same, at age six, he felt a strange urge to find something more to do with his life, but his parents had no desire to help, content with where they were, a sentiment he could never agree with. And so he began to search for a way off Coruscant and into the wider galaxy.
He managed to achieve this dream at age eight with the help of a smuggler, a Kel-Dor named Zorn Horu,where he learned all the tricks of the trade, and learned how to understand Wookies, Jawas, argue with astromech droids who thought they knew better, and numerous other languages so he wouldn’t have to rely on a protocol droid for translation. By the time he was 16, Zorn had all but given ownership of the old XS Light Freighter, dubbed the Nightengale Eclipse, and helped the young man hone his natural skill for blaster pistols and piloting into things that would help him survive. However, about a month after his seventeenth birthday, an unhappy client put a bounty on Zorn’s head that a Drunk Dug came to collect on, claiming to need the credit payout to feed his Gambling Problem. The Dug had brought some hired help and though the pair escaped, it was without harm to them. Zorn had taken a shot to the gut and with his last words, passed on ownership of the Freighter to Elias.
The young man, heartbroken, buried the Kel-Dor on his homeworld before hitting the hyperspace lanes again, and for two years, buried his grief in jobs of all kinds, any drink he could afford, and every human and Twi’lek woman he could get his hands on. Before Zorn’s death, Elias had been sending chunks of his share of pay to his parents to help them improve their living conditions, though he had a hard time talking to them as they were still content on Coruscant, though they did have better jobs that were less likely to kill them now. But during that two year stint of grief over the loss of a man who had been more of a father to Elias than his blood father, he didn’t sent as much and they almost lost their home because of it. The young smuggler managed to snap back to reality shortly after his nineteenth birthday and three weeks later, met Eldor Ordo, a member of the Mandalorian Clan Ordo. He spent time speaking with the man at length, learning more about the Mandalorians and, after some internal debate a couple of drinks, he asked to join the clan. Eldor took him to the Clan Leader and spent the next six months preparing to join. He succeeded and has been a member of Clan Ordo since, proudly displaying the clan emblem on the shoulder of his jacket and the chest, shoulder, and vambraces of his armor.
However, since he’s joined Clan Ordo, he’s taken many jobs that have brought a lot of unwanted Imperial attention to the clan, specifically when he launched a spiced out Twi’lek he’d never met before trying to serve him alimony papers out of his airlock. So, the elders of Clan Ordo decided to put the young man in charge of the Mandalorian Enclave on Maldra. He only hopes it’s a challenge he can rise to, even after being there two years.
And without further ado, I am Zarkun, one of your two GMs. I will be in charge of the Mandalorians for the duration of our RP. Welcome to the Lawless and Wild west of the SW universe!