1 Guest viewing this page
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Remram
Raw
GM
Avatar of Remram

Remram

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

@Lunarlord34

Do not question random challenger logic.

Well, Toxel is certainly an option. Yes, somehow the diaper lizard's growl did indeed intimidate the carnivorous fish launching itself towards as an aquatic missile. Them the rules and the universe of this game abides by it no matter how silly and nonsensical they may be.

After its oh so intimidating growl, Vi faced down with liquid death speeding towards it. The Carvannah was surrounded by a torrent of water while electricity crackled weakly around the Toxel. A collision was unavoidable and the two traded blows though Steph was right. The moment that the Carvannah made contact with Vi, it was instantly inflicted with paralysis. Bits of static crackled around it as it recoiled in pain.

Quick to not waste an opportunity, Steph had ordered Vi to use Acid. The little Toxel spat out green sizzling globs of, well, acid at its opponent.

"Carvannah dodge!" It's trainer shout to no avail. The Carvannah was completely immobilized and just ate that acid. Yeah, that looked like it hurt, and it certainly did not look like it was going to last much longer. However, Vi did not look much better either. Just one hit looked like it hit the Toxel hard, and it did not take an experience trainer to realize how frail it really was.

"Dang it! Use Aqua Jet again!" The fisherman ordered. Again, the Carvannah propelled itself with a powerful stream of water and was soon cloaked in that ripping torrent.

What does Steph do?



@samreaper

Well, you know what they say. In for a penny, in for a pound.

The receptionist was just minding her own business, typing away at a computer when Tristan approached the counter and started saying some weird shit out of nowhere. Well, no need to unpack this weirdo's mental state. She wasn't paid enough for this.

"Gracidea Flowers," she corrected him with a forced smile.

The receptionist continued, "We have several books on flora in the library if you wish to learn more about them. As for how to obtain one, well, it's complicated. Gracidea Flowers only grow in our park and I'm sure you are aware there is a fine for picking a flower from a garden. The fine for picking a single flower is 50,000 P by the way."

Under any other circumstances this would have had been chump change for Tristan, but alas, he no longer had access to daddy's credit card. It would have seemed like there was no chance, but the receptionist was quick to speak up again.

"However, due to the difficulty of obtaining Gracidea Flowers in general we do allow requests on a case-by-case basis. We can put you on a waiting list, but if you're in a hurry you could try getting the written consent of the head gardener and the estate manager. At the moment they are both on the premises though I cannot promise anything. They are quite busy setting up for festivities for a VIP guest."

What does Tristan do?



@Zarkun

Jason was right, Sable would not be able to keep up dodging the onslaught of embers alone. Before he adjusted his order, the Totodile was hit by a series of flame. Parts of her were singed and burning, the pain was only going to get worse over time.

Sable was burned!

Not giving up, Sable was throwing out clumps of mud and shooting streams of water against as many fire balls as she could while trying to avoid the projectiles that didn't collide with hers. However, finding that coveted opening was proving to be far more difficult than they anticipated. The little Totodile was doing all she could to keep her head above water.

Not giving either of them a moment to breathe, the Echo crouched and then with explosive speed leaped downwards towards Sable. Again, it threw another flaming fist at the Totodile, except it wasn't the same punch. A vortex of flame shot from its fist straight towards Sable.

How does Jason react?



@Joshua Tamashii

Freya had a big, but warm grin on her face as she fought the urge to pat this little kid's head. She was certainly a bit shy and needed to grow into herself, but there was always time for that.

"Sounds like Steph told you about me. Only good things I hope," she said jokingly. Freya had a sense of ease and gentleness around her, a feeling that said that she was a kind and reliable person. It may have been a bit difficult for Amelia to get that feeling considering that the size difference was like having a Joltik next to a Wailord.

However, that grin soon turned into stark, wide-eyed realization. Freya carefully asked as to not draw Steph's attention, "Wait, you can understand her too?"
1x Thank Thank
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by samreaper
Raw
Avatar of samreaper

samreaper Laughing Imp

Member Seen 1 day ago

Tristan Glory













The woman's slight disdain did not go wholly unnoticed by the teen, but was thankful for the woman's kindness or understandable desire to not get wrapped up in a teen's mental tape." Ah, yes. Gracidea. Thank you miss. I have recently come to gain interest in plants and that as one can admit, can be a difficult to remember precisely." Nodding his head, eager to move on.

The receptionist proved to give a number of vital information that offered up number of ways to approach this whole mystery quest further. Listening to the woman explain had Tristan think over everything he had learned; halted briefly as he was taken aback at the insane price at the fine merely for picking a flower. For a moment a painful sting struck his heart out of his nowhere as if some unseen burning sensation hit.

In that he would be amiss to remind himself that this was no mere flower. Certainly not for such a cost. The legal routes were not easy at all or at least that is how it might first seem.

As mention of the head gardener and this vip reached his ears, things began to form a picture for the silver-haired teen. Now that he had all the clues.* Ok. So, either route I take will clearly cause me trouble to get through. And honestly, after having just gone through such a tedious case just yesterday on top of everything else...* Folding his arms as he turned to the side letting out a huff of hair from his nose, annoyed.

Not annoyed that this whole process seemed so tiresome, but that he was deciding to use the lessons his brothers tried to etch into his mind. It was clear Tristan was by any means a genius or had any real deep understanding of business fare, but even he understood the basics.

" Never forget Tristan. Whenever there's something you want, simply give a trade. But, also take the client into account for they won't always value money most. Doubt any of this will ever stick in that empty mind of yours though." His brother's cruel words rang cruel, said through mockery.

He intend to prove his brother wrong. And while the mere notion reviled him, through it a possible path that ensures he gets the flower and passage into the forest. His body started to shiver as the plan he was forming was honestly a gamble. A huge risk, but if his guess truly was right...

Before setting off to initiate what he intended to do, there was stil acquiring a book on plants. If he does somehow meet this gardener, he had a feeling meeting him with at least some modicum of knowledge on plants might be....smart. The thought of another learning session so soon left him cringing in suffering.

Turning back to the receptionist, clearing his throat one last time. Once he started, he knew things couldn't stop. If his curiosity and admiration were not strong, Tristan would never attempt doing this." Thank you. You've given me a plethora of help. I just need two ask two things. Who is this vip and where exactly is this Gracidiea flower so that I may at least admire before I depart?"

Once he would get the answer, Tristan would give another thanks then make his way to the library where he would seek out a book that may contain information on Gracidea flowers after a quick request for help from the librarian on where to find said books.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Zarkun
Raw
Avatar of Zarkun

Zarkun The Vigilante

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

Jason Connor






Fire Spin maybe? I'm not sure, but I can't let Sable get caught in whatever that is regardless, so I guess we're bringing out the big guy after all. "Sable, return!" The red beam of light shot out and pulled Sable back in and he put her ball away before pulling out another. "Alright Murus, ya big guy, time to shine!" Throwing the Pokeball, the Golett would emerge ready to rock and roll. "First, use Shadow Punch to try and catch it off guard, followed up by Mud-Slap! Don't give our green fiery friend time to breath! Alternate between the two moves as you need to!"
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Sanguine Rose
Raw
Avatar of Sanguine Rose

Sanguine Rose The Author: Alexia Wynd

Member Seen 1 day ago


Faye Wrexlyn




Okay. So step one was done. The engine hadn't been touched. Yet. That didn't mean it wasn't next on the list. AND! she finally new what she was dealing with. Tinkatinks weren't things she knew much more than the pokedex entry for, but they certainly looked pretty cool. The fact they were making things with metal was impressive too. Few pokemon she could think of were crafters like that. That meant they were strong. She needed something like that on her team.

But that was for a little later. Right now, she needed to get that engine safely from them.

The young trainer went back over to eevee waiting in front. Faye pulled out his pokeball and called him back. "Sorry, bud. I don't want to risk them hurting you or getting scared by you before we can work things out," she whispered to the confined pokemon. She didn't like putting him away but it was safer for him than being face to face with the business end of a mallet those tiny pink fairies were making.

She knelt and put her pack on the ground. After a bit of rummaging, she had found a few of her cans of food then slung the pack back onto her back. The trainer walked to the doorway, metal cans of food at hand, and stopped near the entrance but not in it. She made sure she had the ability to dodge if one of the not so good hammers came her way. Then cleared her throat very loudly.

"Excuse me. Tinkatinks? Can I please talk with you?"
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Lunarlord34
Raw
Avatar of Lunarlord34

Lunarlord34 Totally not a vampire

Member Seen 1 day ago

Stephanie Irwin




@Joshua Tamashii@hatakekuro

Ok, so maybe she overestimated Vi's bulk. Or maybe underestimated the Carvanah's attacking prowess? Maybe a bit of both, but Vi wasn't looking too flash as the Carvanah, while slowed, began to make its next attack. Vi didn't look like taking another hit or two was a good idea, but with her only super effective move being contact-based, that simply meant Steph had to change things up then right? Righto then, uh. What was her plan B?

Ah right, fight at range! It wouldn't be super effective, but it was better than getting hit again.

"Vi, use Acid thaen dawdge and as ih' goes boy laets taych thiies feeshao whahts whaht and use Flail and if ih' steell wahnts t' kayp gaowin thaen laets hiieh' ih' weeth Acid teell its dun."
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Joshua Tamashii
Raw
Avatar of Joshua Tamashii

Joshua Tamashii

Member Online






@hatakekuro @Lunarlord34


Freya's kind and gentle aura, if that is indeed what it was, was something Amelia didn't miss out on. The taller girl seems to be trying to comfort her in a slightly indirect manner and it did produce some minor results, as Amelia did cast a few glances out of the corner of her eyes, trying to work up the courage to actually look at the older girl.

As if on sensing their trainer's discomfort, Amelia's pokeballs suddenly popped open, all of her pokemon coming out, Phantump being very noticeable because, well, shiny, getting a cry of surprise out of the little spirit medium. The ghosts all moved around her, Phantump and Yamask hovering over her shoulders, Golett standing at her side, and Mimikyu standing at her feet until Amelia picked her up into her arms. Immediately, Amelia felt more comfortable as she faced Freya, giving her a smile.
"Sorry about that. I guess they knew I needed the support. I hope they didn't scare you." She said, all traces of nervousness in her voice gone. Even her posture seemed much more relaxed now. "Yes, Steph did tell me about you and it was nothing but good things. I can understand her, but sometimes it can still be a bit difficult. Oh, I'm Amelia by the way. Amelia Averyonna. It's nice to meet you. And these are all my friends."
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Remram
Raw
GM
Avatar of Remram

Remram

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

@samreaper

The pain that struck his heart was what we people called being poor.

The receptionist fought the urge to roll her eyes when she heard Tristan clear his throat to get her attention when he was the one to turn his back to her.

"My apologies, but for their safety we are under strict orders to keep our VIP anonymous until they arrive. As for the location of the Gracidea Flowers, coincidentally they are behind the manor where the festivities are being arranged. If that is all, please have a nice day," said the receptionist before the teen left her to her own devices once again.

Thankfully, Tristan did not get lost in the manor's halls. He eventually did return to the library and found himself in a room with intricate blue wallpaper from a century ago, filled with older antique furniture with walls covered in book shelfs. Bay windows let in trickles of sun light through the cream-colored curtains. It wasn't hard to not a librarian per se since this was technically not a public library, but someone who did maintain the books and Aria's letters and journals.

A tall, lanky young man around Tristan's age with sandy blonde hair loosely tied back in a loose ponytail, dressed rather plainly stood there dusting the shelves. He perked up when noticed a pair of footsteps and turned to see the visitor. He was good looking with an oval face, soft green eyes behind round silver frame glasses though his manner of dressed detracted from it. He wore a simple white long sleeve button up, brown slacks, a brown belt with a silver buckle, and black shoes. They looked more like work clothes than he actually wore every day.

"Ah, hello there sir. What can I help you with?" He asked while he made his way over to him. He flashed him a friendly, yet nervous smile.

After Tristan told him what he wanted the young man said, "Gracidea Flowers? Well, we certainly have any information on them. Sit down where you feel comfortable, and I will find you a book."

There were any number of chairs and sofas that he could sit on while Tristan waited. He would watch the young man assist him; except he looked a bit lost as he tried to figure out where things were. In fact, this helper had to keep opening different books to find what he was looking for. Eventually, he would walk over to Tristan and hand him a book.

"My apologies for the delay. I'm just a temp until the festivities conclude so I don't know my way around the library," the young man said apologetically. There was something he wore on his belt and Tristan recognized it because he had one too, a Pokedex.

What does Tristan do?



@Zarkun

Did Murus think 'Et tu Jason?' when he sent it out to be immolated? Because if it didn't, it should have been. The poor thing was sent out and consumed in a spire of flame that twisted around the Golett, taking damage over time as the flames chipped away at its clay body. However, it was not going down without a fight.

Now, here's the really funny thing about Shadow Punch. It's ghost-type Aerial Ace, meaning that it cannot miss. So, how is it possible for a punch to be classified as literally unavoidable? Well, as soon as the Golett threw a punch, its fist disappeared in a shadowy space that opened in the air. It then appeared right next to its head and collided with that 'fiery friend,' the impact caused it to skid back only to see that mud was being slung at it.

The Echo dashed to the side to avoid the Mud Slap, but it then would face another shadowy fist appearing out of thin air. It would counter by throwing its flaming fist to collide with it. This was a continuous brutal assault though what gave Jason's opponent time to even maneuver was that Golett was not a fast Pokemon. It hit hard, but speed was not exactly its strength though it was enough.

It held its hands together and then pulled them apart, creating small whisps of flame that hovered around it before being sent flying towards Murus. They were different from the other attacks. There was something disorienting, confusing so to speak, when looking upon them.

How does Jason react?



@Sanguine Rose

"Tink?"

"A?"

"Tink?"

The four Tinkatinks stopped what they were doing and looked up at the intruder holding cans of food. They weren't overtly hostile yet, just guarded. They held their metal clubs out ready to strike if necessary though they were not making the first move.

The floor belonged to Faye. Don't choke.



@Lunarlord34

"Carvannah, dodge!" Its trainer commanded though instead of making a death-defying dodge, the poor fish just stopped in midair from the static coursing through its body and flopped onto the dock like, well, a fish out of water. Ever rolled a natural one? This Carvannah was experienced just that, and it could only watch in horror as it witnessed the Toxel hurl up globs of bubbling green acid straight at it. The Acid doused the opponent and the Carvannah yelled out in pain, understandably so as it felt its flesh sear.

It was obvious that this thing was not going to last much longer, but it was not done yet. The Carvannah again used an Aqua Jet to try and bring an end to the Toxel, but Steph had already ordered Vi to use Flail. Now, Flail was not exactly the most optimal move, but the amount of damage that the opponent sustained made it a moot point. All that was needed was just one more clean hit.

Vi flailed its arms about and the Carvannah homed in like a watery missile. Both the Pokemon collided, and they are both sent skipping against the dock. They both looked like they were knocked out, but Vi barely clung on to consciousness and got up like a champ.

Vi leveled up! Vi is now level 12!


"I ain't done yet! Go, Arrokuda!" The fisher grabbed another Pokeball and threw it. From a flash of white light came the goofiest looking fish that Steph was probably familiar with due to it being native to her region.


#846 Arrokuda, the Rush Pokemon. Arrokuda can swim quickly only in a straight line. The ones that become sluggish from overeating are the first to be targeted by flocks of Wattrel.


What does Steph do?



@Joshua Tamashii

Unexpectedly, a whole bunch of ghosties popped out of Amelia's Pokeballs. Freya stepped back to avoid the Pokemon that were moving all around their trainer. For a moment, she was worried that the little girl was not able to control her Pokemon, but was soon visibly relieved that they were well behaved. In fact, the little girl was actually much more confident with her Pokemon by her side.

"Not at all. I think it's quite sweet," she said with that gentle smile of hers. Her red eyes glistened in the early morning light. Yes, she did radiate warmth and gentleness, but there was strength and confidence behind it as well. There was a sense of freedom that could be felt just from looking at her.

Freya held her hand out for the little girl and said, "Amelia, what a lovely name. It's very nice to meet you. I'm Freya Kapoc."

Kapoc was definitely a name that she heard before. In fact, she heard it very recently. Well, whether or not Amelia remembered or even shook Freya's hand didn't matter. The older girl would still ask, "I see you're drawn to a specific kind of Pokemon. Are you taking the gym challenge too?"
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Lunarlord34
Raw
Avatar of Lunarlord34

Lunarlord34 Totally not a vampire

Member Seen 1 day ago

Stephanie Irwin




@Joshua Tamashii@hatakekuro
Ok, so that was one down on the fisherman's end it would seem as Vi narrowly got over the line against the Carvanah. That Nuzzle was proving its worth and was the difference. Funny that, using super effective moves to win fights. However, as the Arrokuda was sent out she looked over at her Toxel for a moment. Vi still had the type advantage of course, but she could see the laboured breaths and grimace across her partners face. She could keep Vi going, to soften up this Arrokuda to make the next mon have an easier time but that didn't well with the girl at this moment in time, pointing out the Toxel's ball as the Pokemon soon vanished in the red light that came forth.

"Oolroigh' vi, yah diied waell pahl sao just tyke a good raest naow. yah saym praetty knahckuhd eow' sao yah desuhve ih'." So what would be her replacement? Well, the choice may shock some but to her it seemed like the best matchup she had left. "Oolroigh' thaen Glory, laets shaow em whaht yaw myde of!"

Bringing out her Whimpod, a fellow water type, might seem like an odd choice but just let the girl keep cooking. It'll make sense, promise.

"Use Aqua Jet t' geh' close and staht runnin some reengs round thiies drawnga befoah paepperin ih' weeth Struggle Bug!"

And what exactly was this strategy she was describing? Simple really. Using Aqua Jet to improve Glory's mobility, instead of using it to deal pretty minimal damage against the water type if any at all, and try to either confuse the fish, or simply make her bug harder to hit. Then just hit him hard and fast, continuously, with her STAB bug type move. Was it an optimal strategy? Not really. But she didn't have a better idea on hand right now. Could really use another electric or a grass type. But by negating its own STAB moves, she hoped she could gain an edge that way.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by samreaper
Raw
Avatar of samreaper

samreaper Laughing Imp

Member Seen 1 day ago

Tristan Glory













Not surprising that the vip's identity would be confidential until these festivities took place. If this vip was quite the big shot then chances of his plan succeeding increases, albeit slightly.

Seeing no point to waste time on that anymore, Tristan had made his way to the library, getting a bit turned around as he went. Looks like his direction sense improved somewhat when he took an interest in getting somewhere.

At the library, the silver-haired teen paused for a moment to take in the decor of the room. The colors were a bit muted but at least had more color compared to the rest of the building. Even if he was not exactly the reading type as should have been apparent, still, he was curious to read on this plant. The mystique of the whole thing was enough to catch his interest. A plant he knew to be vital going forward.

Not bothering to waste his time trying to find the aisle himself since he knew the layout or system of the place.

This eventually brought him to a rather tall and lanky individual. His first thoughts were that he had quite the fetching face, the glasses complimenting his oval face quite well. Only to immediately be struck by whiplash from the horrendously drab outfit. Forcibly biting his tongue to keep from showing a face of visible disgust, almost being reminded of Faye while doing so.

"Ah, hello there sir. What can I help you with?" He asked while he made his way over to him. He flashed him a friendly, yet nervous smile.

The kind reply mixed with that nervous smile seemed to do the trick to snap him out of his awful fashion sense stupor." A-ahem. Yes, I am searching for books regarding on the Gracidea flower." Turning his head to the side letting out a wary sigh. Grateful to be given a minute to gather his thoughts.

An assist he had anticipated to be over prettly quickly, until he noticed the lanky stranger grabbing books one after the other rapidly scanning through them.* Just my luck. As if my eyes being burned wasn't enough, I get the newby.* Grumbled Tristan; quietly watching the person continuing his search with decent enthusiasm and understanding of the layout at least, while the glint of silver caught his eye.

Recalling the silver buckle on the belt though vaguely remember something within its center. He attempted to get a better look though a person moving around and tending to be out of view or turned away made checking difficult.

Little else he could do but wait for him to return to inquire about it as his assumptions the guy was the librarian had been wrong.

The answers soon given shortly after his arrival with book in hand." A temp? That would explain....your interesting searching approach." Lowering his gaze to the belt, taking notice of the pokedex." Then if this merely temporary, what may I ask is your actual profession? By your POkedex, I can guess to be a trainer?" Though how a simple trainer could end up a temp at this place, had him uncertain.

Pondering over this as he accepted the book offered." And thank you. Better you than I spending hours wandering around aimlessly." The mere thought of the hundreds of piled up books left him picturing himself huddled in a corner muttering Gracidea book, a cold shudder going up his spine.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Joshua Tamashii
Raw
Avatar of Joshua Tamashii

Joshua Tamashii

Member Online






@hatakekuro @Lunarlord34


Amelia watched Freya closely as the older girl talked to her. She liked the air that Freya gave off. Freya seemed to be the kind of person Amelia might hope to be when she grew up. Confident, kind, and most of all, free. That was the kind of person Freya seemed to be to the young girl. Then Freya brought up her name and Amelia's visible eye widened.
"Kopac? As in Professor Kopac? The one who gave me Phantump?" She asked, while reaching out to shake Freya's hand. When the question came up on if she was going to take the gym challenge. Once again, she had to shake her head in response to the question. She was getting the feeling that this was going to be a question that she was going to hear a lot. She hoped that her answer to it would never have to change. "No, I'm not. I have no desire to do so. I'm just journeying to be free. I want to go where I want to go and I want to do what I want to do. I As for me using Ghost-Types, well... I would say their as attracted to me as I am to them. I had a lot of Ghost-Type friends back home."
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Sanguine Rose
Raw
Avatar of Sanguine Rose

Sanguine Rose The Author: Alexia Wynd

Member Seen 1 day ago


Faye Wrexlyn




She had their attention. Would be wonderful if her mind didn't temporarily turn up a 404: File Not Found screen when she tried to remember her next course of action. Okay, okay. Talk calm and get low. No threat.

A smile slid onto her face and she knelt down, slow and steady. Yup awful for getting out of the way if they were faster to club her than she could dive out of the way, but she was risking her odds. She needed - well, promised she would so more or less needed - to get that engine back. She'd be damned if a bunch of punk faeries kept her from it.

"I hope I can trade. I see you need metal, and I need that big piece of metal you took. So I will give you metal-" holding up one of the many items in her arms - "in exchange for that," she ended with pointing at the engine.

"If you help me bring it back, I will help get you better metal too. Okay? I need that to help me. I know you need good metal to protect you so se can work together to help each other. Do we have a deal?" She offered out a can then put all of the cans in her arms on the ground as far as she could reach without getting closer. Then, staying on her knees to show she wasn't a threat, backed up to make sure they saw she was well out of reach of them should they want to take the offered loot.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Remram
Raw
GM
Avatar of Remram

Remram

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

@Lunarlord34

Sure, the strategy would not be described as 'optimal,' but when a Pokemon has a 40 base defense stat then its trainer needed to be a bit creative with their tactics. Glory, not of the human dick head variety, dashed around with a surge of water to maneuver around though it could not use Struggle Bug and Aqua Jet at the same time. The Wimpod would have to alternate between the two moves quickly in order to maintain the strategy.

However, the Wimpod's special attack was one would say absolute hot garbage as its strengths lay more in attacking. The green volley of buggy projectiles did hit the Arrokuda for a small chunk and lowered the special attack stat that it never uses though it was raring to fight still.

"Two can play at this game! Keep up with Aqua Jet and use Peck!" The fisherman ordered.

So, this is some weird DBZ scenario where two water-types are dashing around the area at ridiculous high speeds trying to find an opening to attack.

How does Steph react?



@samreaper

"Uh, well, sort of? I'm actually pretty new to the whole 'Pokemon Trainer' thing. Then again, I'm pretty new to all of this in general," he responded almost a bit uncomfortably. The young man seemed tense with that line of question as if this new position of being trainer was not exactly what he wanted.

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. He continued his explanation and said, "My situation is a bit complicated, but Adrianne said that taking on the gym challenge would be a good way to get used to Evig. I'm just working the odd job to get a sense of normalcy after everything that happened."

Again, he refused to elaborate on what his situation even was, and he did not give Tristan any time to ask. He said, "I hope that you are able to find what you need. My name is Franz. If you need anything just call me over."

Franz walked away and went back to whatever work that made him look busy. With that, Tristan was left with a book titled A Botanists Guide to Sinnohian Flowers. It was a reddish-brown leather bound hard back book with golden filigree around the edges. It looked old and it smelled like old leather too. After he flipped through a few pages, Tristan found the section about Gracidea Flowers.

What did he want to know?



@Joshua Tamashii

"Kapoc," She corrected and then said, "And yes, he's the same one who gave you your Phantump. I'm his little sister."

It was a bit of a stark contrast. From her recent memory the older sibling looked like his blood was fueled by black coffee and that sleep was a foreign concept. A grumpy, unenthused man and then here is his little sister that radiated a warm, almost motherly vibe. The only thing that showed that they were anyway related was the fact that they both had black hair and red eyes, but enough about how in the world they were siblings. There were more important things, such as Amelia's refusal to take the gym challenge.

"I see," she said with a hint of disappointment.

Freya looked at her with an inquisitive expression and asked, "Do you perhaps not enjoy Pokemon Battling?"



@Sanguine Rose

So, Faye made herself look as least threatening as possible and made an appeal to give back the engine in exchange for metal cans and the promise to get them even more metal of higher quality. They looked at the engine, back to her, and then to each other. Only one of the Tinkatinks walked to her side though the rest of three stood where they were, unconvinced and held their clubs out with malicious intent.

A fight was unavoidable. What does Faye do?
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by samreaper
Raw
Avatar of samreaper

samreaper Laughing Imp

Member Seen 1 day ago

Tristan Glory













It would soon become apparent that this Franz proved to be a most unexpected individual. To hear that the guy was not only also a rookie trainer, but seemingly new with the whole concept in general made it hard for Tristan to not relate to. Especially as by his further words hinted, apparently went through something rough of their own.

This left Tristan unsure and conflicted on what to think or say regarding any of this. The fact Adrianne suggested taking on the gym herself on top of the fact Franz somehow found himself a temp at this library rather... peculiar.

A feeling or thought he wasn't really sure, but just that something felt... off. Whatever it was, it would have to be put aside for now.

Then Franz finished with a kind words and offer if needed. The silver-haired teen prepared to speak, but caught himself; reminding himself that he was not here to make friends, certainly not least potentail rivals. Besides, the gracidea flower was what mattered.

Still he would dare not be so as uncouth as to at least say something."Yes, of course. Thank you. By the way.... I simply can't let you leave with this going unsaid but.... I highly advise a change up in your wardrobe." Wagging his finger in a disapproving manner." Might I suggest something along the lines of spring colors? Might compliment your oval face with the bright and gentle colors. C-Could do to aid in improving your mood." Giving a small satisfied though awkward nod." Taking care of one's appearance is more important than most normally think. At least, in high regard from the Glory name."

He may not be here to make friends but giving helpful bit of hints seemed fair enough. With a stranger at least.

Waving to the departing Franz; once sure his presence was completely gone before letting his somewhat stiff body relax with a sigh." Who would have thought trying to get into some mythical and possibly deadly forest would be such a tiresome process." And now he was about to do the thing he dreaded yet again and twice in one day. Study.

The torture. Arceus forbids whatever mundane and boring task Faye has probably gotten herself into.

With a begrudging groan Tristan sat up to plop the book on the table nearest him." Alright, let's check out what this flowers about. See if there's anything special about handling." Muttering as he opened to the required page.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Lunarlord34
Raw
Avatar of Lunarlord34

Lunarlord34 Totally not a vampire

Member Seen 1 day ago

Stephanie Irwin




@Joshua Tamashii@hatakekuro

.....Steph was beginning to regret her life choices.

Maybe if she had paid a bit more attention to the moves some mons learned she would've realized sending out a bug type against a Pokemon that could know peck wasn't the best of ideas. But suppose it was time to do as she always did, which was wing it and improvise her way out of the problem her improvisations had caused!

But first, it was up to her to break the stalemate of just dashing around. Wasn't going to get anyway like this and all.

"Ok thaen Glory, laets chuynge ih' up and dahsh strite at thaht feesh weeth Aqua Jet!" Even Glory took a moment to register that idea and looked at Steph, same as Dusk. Was charging the fish with a non effective move really that great of an idea? But it was fine, she wasn't done cooking just yet. "Thaen whaen yaw noice and close, use Defense curl t' rawll intao a bohl and dawdge befoah usin Sand Attack t' troy and bleend the goobah and hiieh' him weeth anuhthah chunk of Struggle Bug!"

Sure, that wasn't really how the move worked. But curling up into a ball at momentum in theory should allow Glory to roll out of the way. And the closer he was, the harder it was to not land the sand attack. If she couldn't blast her way to victory, then she would simply slowly chip away at it with Struggle Bug and use Sand attack to make Glory harder to hit. And she would keep instructing Glory to use sand attack every time the fish got close, then struggle bug whenever Glory got an opening to do so.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Joshua Tamashii
Raw
Avatar of Joshua Tamashii

Joshua Tamashii

Member Online






@hatakekuro @Lunarlord34


"S-sorry." Amelia quickly apologized, embarrassed to have gotten the name wrong even though it had just been said to her. Thankfully, Freya didn't seem too offended by the slip up, something for which Amelia was very thankful for. Freya's response to her reply when it came to the gym challenge was not surprising to Amelia, who knew a lot of trainers loved to battle. So, when the question of her enjoyment of battle came up, Amelia was silent for a bit before speaking. "I'm able to battle. Someone taught me how to do so. But, I simply have no desire to see my friends get hurt for sport. I didn't battle any of the pokemon here. I simply asked them if they would come along and after some discussion, they agreed to come along. Phantump being an exception because he was given to me. But regardless, if the situation was reversed, the pokemon sent us into battle, would you enjoy being shocked, burned, frozen, poisoned, cut, beaten and hurt for the sake of a sport you had no say in taking part of? I don't battle because I don't want to see them get hurt. But I will battle if I must."

She then pointed towards Steph's battle with the fisherman.
"Over there is a good example. Steph simply walked into him by accident. A simple apology and all should have been well. Instead, he starts a battle for something as minor as that, without thinking about his partners and Steph joined, probably because she enjoys the sport. But I don't think either of them really stopped to consider an alternative solution or whether or not hurting their friends and partners was worth it. I just can't find a point to it all."

Done with her response, she immediately looked a bit worried, wondering if she had worded it well but also worried that she might have offended some of the people around her.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Remram
Raw
GM
Avatar of Remram

Remram

Member Seen 14 hrs ago

@samreaper

Franz turned to look back at Tristan with a confused expression and said, "Uh, thanks for the advice, but these aren't my clothes. The library just handed me a uniform because I had no work clothes. Thanks again though"

Franz once again went off to do work, leaving Tristan with a proverbial egg on his face for once again giving unsolicited fashion advice when it was not needed or wanted. At least there was no one else to see it happen at least.

Tristan would bury himself in that book to learn about Gracidea Flowers. It was surprisingly mundane. There was no special way to handle them nor was there any special use of the petal. It was a flower that originates in the Sinnoh region that it preferred warm weather and high humidity with the optimal temperature ranging from 69-90 degrees Fahrenheit, that it enjoyed sandy soil, and needed only partial sunlight.

However, what would interest Tristan was what they were used for. Bouquets were typically given out in important events where people would express gratitude. It was just that though. There was nothing about them that stated that they would be magical.



@Lunarlord34

Ah yes, the ancient art of pocket sand. That was actually alone to just change the tide of battle as the goofy looking fish got specks of sand in its eyes. Every time it tried to hit Glory it would just whiff by the bug only to be pelted by even more sand and Struggle Bugs whenever an opening presented itself. The battle did not last much longer. The opponent's Pokemon was laid out flat on the dock before it was absorbed in its Pokeball.

"So much for getting more cash to get a new fishing rod," he said as his defeat quote like so many NPCs typically did.

Steph won the battle! Steph eared 556 P!


Now that the battle ended, she was free to look around and see a quite familiarly tall companion speaking to her much smaller, demure companion.

What does she do?



@Joshua Tamashii

There were a few odd looks with some of the fisherman, but other than that no one paid any mind to her.
 
"You're quite eloquent and thoughtful for your age. Don't be afraid to speak your mind. No one is going to berate you and if they do then they can answer to me," said Freya gently. There was no judgment, only the willingness to listen.

"I can't argue that you're particularly wrong. Some people are quick to battle over trifling matters. There are trainers that push their Pokemon too far and we both know that humans will exploit them to no end with great cruelty. We humans can and should do better. That is our responsibilities." Even her as a trainer admitted as much. She could not really deny it as she watched Steph fight that random fisherman over some dumb quarrel that they would forget in the same day.

Her gaze shifted back to Amelia and stood back up, giving her back a much-needed stretch after kneeling down at the girl's eyelevel for so long.

"However, your argument implies that Pokemon are creatures that unwaveringly follow to every command as if we removed their free will. Pokemon, even ones with the least intelligence, are sentient, self-aware creatures with great power and a will of their own. Just because they are in Pokeballs does not mean that they have to follow our command. They could easily ignore their trainer or even attack them. I'd imagine that if they really hated that their situation, the potential generational trauma would spur them to bring the near extinction of humans, but that hasn't happened. In most cases, they are willingly participants."

There were definitely some other implications that were left out of that argument, but that's for another time. She returned her gaze on the fight in front of them.

"It brings up the questions of why Pokemon battle alongside humans. Why did it happen? Is it really the natural order of things or was there an agreement? It's a conundrum that's plagued scholars for centuries. To be honest though, I don't particularly care what the answer is. It doesn't change my goals or my relationship with my Pokemon. We'll seek strength and with that strength, freedom." There was determination in her, that much was plain to see. Freya spoke with conviction, as if she already knew what her path was supposed to be.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by samreaper
Raw
Avatar of samreaper

samreaper Laughing Imp

Member Seen 1 day ago

Tristan Glory













For Tristan, it was advice still needed to be said, merely told to the wrong person. He felt for the staff having to wear those horrendously bland and unappealing work uniforms. The silver-haired teen actually contemplated confronting the owner of the research center over this before dismissing it as it was pointless. But it did not mean excuse the workers enduring such when they work in place regarding plants.

His disappointment did not end there; reading on the flower with expectations of reading on the gracidea's flower special properties. Only to see that the flower looked to be no more magical than a sunflower.

Tristan sat there, his fingers lightly drumming against the open page of the book just beneath the image of the gracidea flower the chapter was focused on.* I swear to arceus..if this whole thing proves to be a waste of time...* The teen thoughtly darkly, annoyance etched on his face as he could not help but feel like he might have been wasting his time.

That is, until he remembered an important detail. Whatever special property this flower may hold; it is likely unknown considering the clear lack of information on the forest or the lack of how she even get into the forest.

Now that he had all the pieces. Or those at least accessible since the actual answers all awaited within that mythical and terrifying forest, Tristan was left trying to figure out a puzzle with pieces inaccessible to him. And all of it seemed to center around this single flower.

There were the questions too like why Lady Aria had that barrier put up and what for among others. After ruminating over it, the teens agitation returned to curious excitement only for small hint of dread to seep in.

Said source of dread was the whole situation surrounding actually getting his hands on a flower. He obviously lacked the funding to simply buy one and let's face it, Tristan and stealth simply did not belong in the same sentence unless it was- 'Tristan was the least stealthy person around.' Besides, that would mean having to wait till nighttime and going through the whole sneaking in all that hullabaloo. What does he look like? Some kind of athletic ninja?

A thump of the book being closed as Tristan sighed." My options are limited.." He muttered out to his dismay rubbing at his forehead all the while.* Can't believe a flower is causing me so much headache.* And probably more to come.

And it figured the task to get the flower ended up on his lap while Faye was out and about skipping without a care in the world right about now. The aggravating through had Tristan let out a low growl in his throat as he made his way over to the drop-off box to drop the book off.

His task with the library finished, (uncertain if it had been a waste coming here or not) he would venture out back into the hallway. From there, using his iphodex and the receptionist's direction instructions, Tristan would make his way back outside to head off for the patch where the Gracidea flowers may be found.
Hidden 5 mos ago Post by Sanguine Rose
Raw
Avatar of Sanguine Rose

Sanguine Rose The Author: Alexia Wynd

Member Seen 1 day ago



Faye Wrexlyn




Well, shit. This wasn't ideal. Faye certainly hoped to avoid a fight but it was obviously unavoidable. At least she didnt have four metal club wielding pokemon to fight. She wasn't sure if the tinkatink that came to her side was willing to fight his friends. Even if he - she? it - was, it still meant Sage had to fight. She couldn't ask Tilia to take on two or, worse, three of these things. Man, she needed to stop being distracted with tasks and more distracted with catching Pokemon.

"Are you guys sure we can't work this out?" The novice trainer stood. Her hands went to Tilia and Sage's pokeballs, hovering in hopes of not summoning them.

The two seemed to know better and popped out. Tilia and Sage appeared between their trainer and the opposition. The eevee crouched, ready to pounce, while the rowlett spread its wings wide and high, making herself as big as possible.

Tilia fluttered its wings, not to kick up dust but show she meant business. She hooted a few times, trying to reinforce the message she was sending the tinkatinks that planned to keep the engine. We don't want to hurt you, but we will do what we must to help our human.

Sage growled and yipped. There's still time to change your mind.

"Get ready, guys. I think it's already decided we have to fight. Try not to hurt them too much. We just need to get back that engine." Though how a teenage girl was going to lug an engine back to that farm on her own was a problem she hadnt figured out yet.
Hidden 4 mos ago 4 mos ago Post by CitrusArms
Raw
Avatar of CitrusArms

CitrusArms Space Crystals

Member Online

Stella Lumite






It was hard not to feel the weight, in this place. Just this old man, all on his own. He didn't seem like the sturdiest fellow, either. Like he had said, he could only really handle the garden.

He asked her to go to his wife's grave. None of the pokemon in her team would be able to ferry him safely. If she had something like an Arcanine, that might do it. But, no, she couldn't take him there. "Your w... Y-you don't have to pay me for something like that. It's basically my job to wander around anyway, right? I only wish I had the means to take you there, instead." She couldn't take his money for this, no way. Even if he seemed well-off, it didn't sit right. Besides, if he was doing so well, couldn't he hire folks to work on his house? Pride, maybe...

"I'll pay her a visit, don't worry. Flowers from your garden? I can pick them for you, just point out the ones you'd like."
Hidden 4 mos ago Post by Zarkun
Raw
Avatar of Zarkun

Zarkun The Vigilante

Member Seen 2 hrs ago

Jason Connor






He knew he didn't have long to consider an actual plan. The only move that actually came to mind as the balls of flame moved towards Murus was Confuse Ray and that wouldn't bode well for any of his team, though he had to have faith in the Ground and Ghost type. "Use a Mud-Slap to try and intercept those flames! Following that, pummel that thing with More Shadow Punches! We've got this!"
↑ Top
1 Guest viewing this page
© 2007-2024
BBCode Cheatsheet