Oswald ChamberlainPhysical Attributes:
Oswald Chamberlain is a 49-year-old man of the law. He stands roughly six feet and one inch tall, with a head of short, neatly kept black hair with a bit of grey creeping in around the fringe and the sides and back of his head. He has a mostly gruff-looking face, with a full, graying beard covering his jaw. His physique is that of a well-fit man that's gained some years, muscled but with a bit of flab creeping around his middle. The Temnorapool Constabulary's uniform is a navy blue coat, with the logo of the constabulary emblazoned on the left breast. Paired with the coat are a pair of navy blue pants, and black boots.Mental Attributes:
Senior Constable Chamberlain is a straightforward man. His mind is that of a seeker of justice, devoted in his pursuit of the truth and an honest, trustworthy man. When first meeting Chamberlain, he is amiable and friendly, helpful to those who need help. He is loyal to the Constabulary and to his friends, of which he has a few, both in the police and out. Outside of work, to those who know him, he is a shade different than the image he puts out to the general public; stoic, soft-spoken and thoughtful. Weary with the world and a long time spent in the service, the thing he wishes for the most nowadays is rest. He smokes and drinks, not irresponsibly, and often spends his time off-duty alone if he isn't invited out for a night of drinks with friends.History:
Oswald is a policeman. An old policeman. As a senior constable of the Temnorapool Constabulary, Oswald has seen his fair share of crime, misfortune, malice and corruption in his city. He was born to a poor family in the lower districts of the city, but found his interest in law enforcement from an early age, after getting stolen from one too many times and being powerless to do anything about thieves. As a young man, he originally found work in the city's docks, hauling freight and building up his body's strength. From there, it was all a matter of talking to a local constable out on patrol about an opportunity to join up with the Constabulary.
He started his police life at the bottom of the ladder, as a regular patrolman wandering the city streets by day or at night with a partner by his side, usually a more experienced constable. Together they would find crime where they could, most often a common thief or a beating. They would take the offenders into custody and escort any victims to a local hospital for treatment, or back to their police station for questioning and due processing. This carried on for some years until Oswald earned himself a promotion. From a low ranking constable to a sergeant, Oswald went from patrolling the streets to assisting in criminal investigations of a higher sort. Breaking and entering, kidnaps, to dealing with threats made on local businesses or quarrels at the docks between workers that escalated into brawls. Oswald took every investigation, every case, in his stride, and proved himself of his second promotion to inspector in due time.
It is here that Oswald stands today. A senior inspector of the Temnorapool Constabulary. Often in charge of investigating cases with a team of constables and inspectors in his care, Oswald is a leader to his men, but a firm friend and a father to the younger constables who often look up to him as inspiration. His hair is greying from the stresses of his police life, but he has made some good, long-standing friends and, in the years since joining the police force, found love. Married and with two beautiful children, a boy and a girl. He enjoys and looks forward to going home to see them every day, his place of residence still in the same district that he lived in as a child. His past not forgotten, he still upholds his family's name as the reason why he went into law enforcement.Abilities:
- Vitality: 6 - Oswald isn't in the perfect shape of health, but for his age group, he's as fit as fit can be.
- Strength: 7 - The brute strength of police work has only partially left Oswald's body, but he can still break down doors without much fuss.
- Finesse: 5 - Being a big, strong policeman doesn't give Oswald much in the way of being dainty or careful.
- Perception: 8 - Years spent in his line of work have given him a very keen eye for his surroundings, assisting other detectives or policemen in securing crime scenes, figuring out where people are hiding or looking for evidence.
- Intelligence: 6 - The years have dulled Oswald's senses, not considerably, but grey hair is more than enough to conceal a sizable wit.
- Wisdom: 8 - Police work lends a lot to a person's talents; being able to read people and situations, as well as knowing when people are lying or concealing information from him.
- Faith: 8 - Oswald is a faithful man; Temnorapool has its fair share of churches, and because of his age and relative rank within the constabulary, he is still able to attend mass once a week with his family.
- Occult: 2 - Oswald has no firm belief in the occult. Well, he knows that it exists, through whispers and rumblings within the ranks of the police. But he is highly doubtful of its actual relevance in the city, or its effects on people.
- Truncheon (Tier 2) - A typically standard make Temnorapool police truncheon; made out of a sturdy oak wood and reinforced with a wrapping of cloth around the grip to provide friction in a policeman's hands. Just above the grip is Temnorapool's coat of arms, engraved in a light silver that stands out against the dark brown of the truncheon's painted wood body.
- Service Pistol (Tier 3) - Being a senior police officer of the Temnorapool police, Oswald is entitled to one of the force's few flintlock pocket pistols. A smaller version of a regular flintlock pistol, with a shortened barrel, tucked away into a pocket on the inside of his coat. There's only a few of those in the constabulary's armoury, issued only in case of emergencies.
- Pencil and Notebook - A generic pencil and leather-bound notebook, full of notes on past cases, with about a third of the book still empty.
- Whistle - A standard issue police whistle, tarnished slightly but still usable.