Alexander "Alex" MackeyAGE:
Standing six feet two and weighing a good 180 pounds, Alex is well enough built of a man for some women to call him a stud. He has brown eyes and a head of shoulder length, shaggy brown hair, with a long, thick nose and thin lips. His hands are big and thick yet soft and gentle, belying his calm, gentle nature. He normally dresses simply, often wearing a tee-shirt, plain blue jeans and sneakers underneath a dark green apron when he's at work. However, he will never be seen without his signature silver signet ring
on his right index finger. This ring is decorated with a kite shield on its front, and engraved on the shield are the coat of arms of his ancestors; clockwise from the top left, a gothic cross, an eagle, a castle tower and a sword. He also has a silver chain
, on which dangles a locket
with a family picture inside it, whose case is engraved with an ornate castle tower
- Robert "Bob" Mackey - Father, deceased; the father of the Mackey twins, Bob was a grand man, "descended from a line of Arthurian knights", so he claims. Together with his wife, Arwen, he was part of the superhero duo dubbed the "Knights Anglais", with his name being Excalibur. They fought crime in the UK for many years.
His powerset was that of energy and matter manipulation, making him an immensely powerful super who could crush and destroy with ease. After Alex and Shirley came of age and developed powers of their own, he initiated them into the Knights, thus forming the power group of the coat of arms depicted on much of their imagery.
He was killed late into the life of the twins after he and his wife were caught off-guard by a sniper hired by anti-super revolutionaries while visiting Cairo on vacation with the family.
- Arwen Mackey - Mother, deceased; Arwen was the mother of the Mackey twins and the wife of Robert. She possessed the power of sound manipulation and took the name of Banshee, as her powers allowed her flight similar to the Marvel hero of the same name. Along with her husband, she was part of the Knights Anglais, and together they fought crime in the UK for many years.
She too was killed later in life, by the same gunman, alongside her husband while in Cairo on vacation, both husband and wife long since retired from crime-fighting. They left behind a legacy of sorts in their children, though this has mostly gone unnoticed due to the lives they have led since they left the Division.
- Shirleen Mackey - Sister, alive and well; Shirleen, or Shirley, is Alex's twin sister. More details on her can be found on her sheet below.
- Great Wall - Alex has superhuman endurance, able to withstand extreme levels of force and attacks that would normally topple a tank, that leaves him still standing strong.
- Super Strength - Alex possesses the strength of several hundred men, and can easily lift a small bus with little difficulty, jump as high as a small building and run faster than most humans can, though not as fast as those with super speed.
- Iron Skin - By virtue of his defense-based powers, Alex also possesses a superhuman tough skin, akin to Colossus in terms of durability. It's not metallic, of course, but it allows him to survive most attacks by unpowered individuals. Of course, things like RPGs or explosives or attacks from powered individuals can break past his defenses to do him damage.
- Green Thumb - Years spent growing his own vegetables and produce has made both the Mackey twins very adept at growing whatever they fancy. No powers involved, just lots of patience and love for plants.
- Street Smart - Having spent many years on the streets of London as a vagrant, Alex knows the ins and outs of street life, and is very savvy on what lowlifes and thugs do and how they do it.
Booze and cigarettes, mostly. Alex is also a school dropout, so he is mostly home educated and has much to learn about higher subjects like sciences or advanced mathematics.BACKSTORY
Alex and Shirley were born in London, England, to Robert and Arwen Mackey in the summer of 1989. Almost identical twins save for their genders, they both shared many things growing up in life; a school, teachers, similar hobbies and the like. However, what they didn't share was personality; Alex was cooler, calmer and more gentle, while Shirley was hot-headed, aggressive and fierce. Both siblings, however, were very protective of each other, evidenced by how close they were growing up.
But where Shirley excelled in her studies, Alex didn't. In their teens, Alex dropped out of school due to bad grades and spent a lot of his time on the streets, wandering around, getting into trouble and trying not to get caught. This was when he first caught wind of his powers of strength, endurance and defence, though he kept them a firm secret from anyone he knew, even his sister.
Eventually, his antics were reigned in by his father and he was slowly put on a home-schooling program, his mother being his teacher. He kept his powers a secret even from them, though this particular secret was badly kept as his folks caught wind very quickly of their son's potential.
When they both came of age, Alex and Shirley were introduced to the world of superhumans and their powers. It was no surprise that their parents were supers, of course, and they trained the twins on the use of their own powers; Alex of his immense strength and endurance, and Shirley of her light manipulation. After grasping the uses of their powers, their folks let them enter the Knights Anglais, the superhero team they'd founded themselves. The family of supers took to crime-fighting with ease, keeping their efforts across the UK low-key while maintaining their day lives as the family behind a small grocery store in downtown London.
In 2010, while on vacation in Cairo with the family, Alex bore witness to his parents' deaths by the hand of a single sniper. Caught by surprise, it only took two bullets to completely destroy the family, leaving him and his sister to pick up the pieces as they returned to London. The sniper was later found to have been a revolutionary that bore grudges against supers, and took the opportunity to send a message to the worldwide super community with the killings.DIVISIONS BELONGING TO:
Fourth Division, for a time until he left with his sister.
Sciath, The TowerAPPEARANCE:
In his identity as Sciath, Alex is normally clad in a navy blue flat cap and a black domino mask, mostly concealed by his shaggy hair. He wears a white turtleneck shirt underneath a brown trench coat that's normally left open. The length of chain that serves as his weapon is normally wrapped around his left arm. On his legs he wears a pair of beige cargo pants and steel-toed boots. On his hands are a pair of black leather driving gloves.TOOLS/WEAPONS:
- A length of heavy-duty chain that serves as both his primary weapon and a power focus for his Power Channel ability stated above. Through the chain, he is able to fire out the powers he's absorbed.
- His fists and feet, naturally.
- The coat of arms mentioned above, displayed both on his signet ring and on the back of his coat.
- His long trench coat itself, emblazoned with the family coat of arms, is a symbol of the family and team he used to hail from.
- The tattoo of an ornate castle tower on the left side of his neck.